(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by pholtos »

...What is that slightly interesting game?
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Hack, Slash, Loot.
I got it with the Humble Roguelike Bundle. It's ridiculously unfair yet I've played 10 hours of it. Still haven't beaten a level in it.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

And Ocarina of Time 3D is done! I'll take a little bit of time away from this before I try my hands at the Master Quest part of the game later this month.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Master Quest is the weirdest thing. Jabu Jabu's belly is filled with cow switches. Like there are cow heads sticking out of the walls and you shoot them with your slingshot and some of them move around and stuff. It's super weird.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

For some stupid reason I had the sudden urge to replay Digimon World after like 10 years

It has aged TERRIBLY

skyluigi2

Post by skyluigi2 »

I've been playing Kid Icarus: Uprising for like the seven billionth time. Easily one of my favourite games ever. And it's hilariously difficult! Doubt I'll ever be able to beat every chapter on 9.0 intensity. But still, I love it... the story, the gameplay, the multiplayer (which is online too, like wow). I know Sakurai said he won't be making another Kid Icarus game, but... I live in hope.
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

^ That was a really great game. I've been meaning to go back to it to see if I can finish the treasure hunt, but I doubt I will. Maybe at least clear as much of the board as I can.

But I still have a bunch of unplayed games to go through...
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

Weirdly enough, I've beaten Master Quest, but not vanilla Ocarina! I can't say why that is, exactly.
At least the Water Temple seems way more straightforward in Master Quest!

Ah... still very slowly playing Pokemon X. Just beat the sixth (Fairy) gym, have two and a half teams' worth of Pokemons I'm rotating through. That's about it!
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
QuantumPhysicsMan

Post by QuantumPhysicsMan »

skyluigi2 wrote:I've been playing Kid Icarus: Uprising for like the seven billionth time. Easily one of my favourite games ever. And it's hilariously difficult! Doubt I'll ever be able to beat every chapter on 9.0 intensity.
I should finish Kid Icarus: Uprising at some point... My problem was that I'm terrible at the flight segments, so I can't finish them at an intensity higher than 6.0, but that makes all the land battles too easy.

Other than that, Bravely Default was released a few day ago, so I'm going to be playing that.
Warning: It is now too late to not read my signature.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

Not as long post ahoy!
Beat the last Super Star Wars game, it was awesome and my personal favorite of the three games. It was a lot easier than the other two and that was probably a big reason why I liked it a lot, since it was more fun than challenging (except like the last two boss/levels).

One thing I really liked about it is how choosing between light-saber and blaster is fairly balanced (with the exception of Leia's staff since I never chose her and didn't get used to her controls, oh yeah btw you can choose who you want to play as for the first half of the game yaay). I did prefer to choose Chewie or Luke for the main characters since Chewie starts with extra health and Luke has force powers, which are once again back in the game. Han kind of sucks since he has less health and throws bombs which are useless as far as I used them. Plus, Chewie has an invulnerable Spin attack which attacks enemies for a fair amount of damage (including bosses). There were also certain places where blaster was more useful in some places and vice-versa, but yeah pretty balanced game.

The vehicle sections in the game were okay, not a good as the second but better than the 1st one. There were really just two levels where I didn't like the vehicles. The first one was the Speeder level when you get on Endor. The background is pretty ugly and disorienting, it looks pretty cool at first but then it sort of turns into a green and purple splotch of a background. Plus the trees that come at you are really hard to see coming and take insane reflexes to get by them. Another thing is that the enemies you have to kill fly to high to where your blaster can't reach them, so that's annoying. The second vehicle section I didn't like was probably the glitchiest part of the game as far as I can tell, as well as being my least favorite part of the game. Like, I didn't know if there was something up with the cartridge but I kind of didn't want to quit my game to clean it. At the end of the game there are two consecutive Millenium Falcon levels where you fly as Lando into the Death Star and back out. For some reason though, this green flash of jumbled figures from the game kept flashing on the screen and just made the game hard to see/play. It could easily get a major seizure warning from how bad it was. Now, first off, you're put into this weird 1st person perspective of the ship; 2nd, the control inverted from every other vehicle level in the entire game. You push down to move up and vice-versa, and you also have L and R which rotate your ship invertedly. The major reason I didn't like this was that the dis-orientation of the glitchy factor plus the mode-7 (btw) point of view of the ship mixed in with the wonky controls isn't very fun, and it's the hardest part of the game. I had like 16 lives up to this point and I had 3 left when I beat it. All the other ship stages were pretty fun, though I would have to complain about the game's handicap of giving players depth perception when trying to collect stuff in a vehicle. You really have no idea if you're gonna collect something or not and it's confusing/dis-orienting to get. Other than that though, the vehicle sections were okay. Much better than the 1st game, but not so much compared to the 2nd game.

Sound is a major improvement in this game, there were so many sound effects and fonts that kind of enhanced the music and game-play. I know it's a pretty stupid thing talk about, but I thought it made a big difference on the atmosphere of the game and made it better. Although, it could be the possibility that this movie/game had better music to work with? I found myself humming the Endor theme a lot, so that could be just an opinionated thing.

Speaking of Endor, every level surrounding it (besides the speeder level) was my favorite part of the game. Half way through the game you get to two level in which you play as Wicket the Ewok in the Ewok village, which is my favorite part of the game where you explore the trees and shoot arrows and shit. It's a lot of fun. The Luke level that comes after that is also pretty fun, it has a really nice atmosphere and music that makes me love those levels a lot.

There were a lot of things I like about the game, with a very few things I didn't like. I don't really fell like typing it all down though. It was a really fun game, very much well crafted than the other two games imo.

Also speed power-up is best power-up.
tl;dr
I played the last Super Star Wars game and it was amazing.

Finished up the Super Star Wars series, now onto MGS.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Menshay

Post by Menshay »

Beat Red in Pokémon SoulSilver with a team of level ~61-64 Pokémon. Kind of painful, but at least now Groudon is unlocked.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

With a couple of you having beaten Zelda II this year, I've decided it's finally time to try and get through this game at long last. One palace down, and I totally botched the home stretch on the second, so I just saved and quit for now.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Bean wrote:With a couple of you having beaten Zelda II this year, I've decided it's finally time to try and get through this game at long last. One palace down, and I totally botched the home stretch on the second, so I just saved and quit for now.
I would have managed this last year but I apparently managed to go in and clear one of the dungeons without actually finishing it completely and I had absolutely no idea which one it is so I ended up dropping the game.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

I've been feeling under the weather lately so I decided to play a smaller game that I've never played before, so I tried Mega Man X. Pretty good for the most part, I have a few complaints about it, but I'm too tired to type up anything right now.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

Still going through Touhou-A-Live. The Fantasy Chapter is apparently really long in comparison to the original Medieval Chapter. I know it's going to result in the same sort of conclusion either way, but man, this length. I'd rather just get to the point... even if said point isn't necessarily the happiest of things.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

Bwarch wrote:
swirlybomb wrote:Hopefully another 'real' Paper Mario game will happen sometime in the future...
Uuuuugh. Just popping in to say that SPM was great. Y'all be blind.

Grumble grumble stomp stomp get off my lawn.
I've played through the game twice for some reason the first time through it was pretty fun, the second time through, I went for 100% and I mean 100% every card, item, pixil and recipe, and it was considerably less fun, the main thing that was stupid was the FUKKEN FLOPSIDE PIT god dammit, fukken seriously? Why do you have to go through it twice, it wasn't fun the first time, why did I have do it twice? And the reward is something you should have gotten as a normal unlock halfway through the game. Long story short I gave up about half way through the recipe book because going to get the required items every time was stupid and boring and repetitive.
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

It only took me 25 years of playing this game every now and then, but I finally managed to beat Zelda II at long last! Yes!
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

I'm almost done with Final Fantasy VII's first disc!
Currently at the Temple of the Ancients, just need to beat Demon Wall and it's done (the Temple, not the Disc).

The first time I fought him I accidentally made him enter All Lucky 7s by damaging him (Demon Wall has 10000 HP). Cue him using Demon Rush for 7777 damage on everyone. I love it when things go wrong on my end. :lol:

Haven't gotten Vincent yet. (Lost Number is a butt so I'm leaving him for later)
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

KobaBeach wrote: The first time I fought him I accidentally made him enter All Lucky 7s by damaging him (Demon Wall has 10000 HP). Cue him using Demon Rush for 7777 damage on everyone. I love it when things go wrong on my end. :lol:
Wait, enemies can enter Lucky 7 mode?
...Pfffft, I never knew that. That's unfortunate, but it's kinda hilarious.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

KobaBeach wrote:The first time I fought him I accidentally made him enter All Lucky 7s by damaging him (Demon Wall has 10000 HP). Cue him using Demon Rush for 7777 damage on everyone. I love it when things go wrong on my end. :lol:
what

Is that really a thing? That's hilarious.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Is Kirby Pinball Land the hardest of all his titles? I mean, I just can't seem to get the hang of this one. At best, I'll make it to a boss only to flub things up in spectacular fashion. Argh.
skyluigi2

Post by skyluigi2 »

Bean wrote:Is Kirby Pinball Land the hardest of all his titles? I mean, I just can't seem to get the hang of this one. At best, I'll make it to a boss only to flub things up in spectacular fashion. Argh.
Yeah, Pinball Land was pretty difficult if I remember correctly. It's pretty fun so I remember playing quite a bit... I just didn't really accomplish a whole lot.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I stopped playing shin megami tensei - strange journey after getting done with the first world type place. Will continue this again someday.

Now playing 007 the world is not enough for the n64. N64 controls are so... eh. I had tried the first mission of the game a week or two ago to check it out and failed it near the end because I can't tell the difference between citizens and enemies.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

So
At the beggining of the month, I've beat Link Between Worlds, actually my first completed game of 2014. That was a good game. I will replay it some years later to try the hero mode.
I'm still playing Pokemon a lot, but now that I have enough competitive pokemons I stopped breeding and I spend most on my time fighting online, sometimes using stupid gimmicks team for fun (like clefairy with only metronome as an attacking move). But I'm mostly playing special format (double VGC14).
I'm close to finish Loopop Cube: Lup Salad DS. A puzzle/platformer game where you play as a little girl and push blocks to make them disappear with a catchy OST because every songs has vocals. After that I won't do another puzzle game for a while. It's not that I hate them but I don't like when I'm stuck on a puzzle for a lot of time (but it feel good when you find the solution).
Oh and soon I will play Senran Kagura Burst as I've preordered the Life and hometown edition. Tits are life, ass is hometown.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I played through that 3D Sonic the Hedgehog game that you can get on the eShop. Since I don't really use the 3D effect much, it was basically Sonic 1 with the ability to spin dash. Maybe I'll try something actually new next... possibly.