(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Maiku Wotaharu
Karaoke Enthusiast and Honorary Armless Bipedal Cycloptic Demon
First name: You'll figure it out.

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Maiku Wotaharu »

So I'm playing Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and passed this point of the game. Should I feel bad for who instantly came to mind when a particular word was uttered?
The best part of waking up is...knowing where you are.

FINALLY, SOME MOSTS USERBARS!
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Validon98 wrote:That final boss with that 7777 all-targeting damage dealing attack... it's one of those things where if you are essentially not prepared for that one moment to defend against that attack, you're fucked.
That reminds me of, I think, Lady Yunica in Final Fantasy X. (I think that was her name, it's been like 8 years since I beat her.) after a certain point in the fight she likes to start spamming an instant death attack that targets your entire party. At one point I got lucky with a zombied character and nearly beat her but it was like another four months before I finally got around to beating her by doing way too much grinding and getting an item with deathproof on it.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

8 hours into Hack, Slash, Loot and I still haven't beaten any levels. I've gotten to the last stage in Mask of the Boy King several times but I have no idea how to kill the stupid anubis things. Their defense is like a million and they deal out a million damage so I don't know what to do!
zmonbobbo
Haustone Tournament Semifinalist
Hey there! I'm a dude!
First name: Zach
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by zmonbobbo »

Risk of Rain would be really, really good if it didn't slow to a crawl every time I get past the first level.
I'm probably driving right now.
skyluigi2

Post by skyluigi2 »

I've been playing Pokemon Platinum recently, because... why not? For whatever reason I just can't get into X/Y as much as could get into past Pokemon games, so I went back to Platinum to see if that game was still as awesome as I remember. And it definitely is. I just can't put my finger on why I don't enjoy X/Y as much... maybe it's the new style...?
BeatBoxingBoo
Charlesbag
First name: beatboxingboo

Post by BeatBoxingBoo »

So freakin excited to play Paper Mario 2 again, it's like my favorite game ever. It's seriously just a masterpiece all around, imho. And this time I'm gonna beat Bonetail, I swear!! And get all the recipes! And the tattles!
skyluigi2

Post by skyluigi2 »

BeatBoxingBoo wrote:So freakin excited to play Paper Mario 2 again, it's like my favorite game ever. It's seriously just a masterpiece all around, imho. And this time I'm gonna beat Bonetail, I swear!! And get all the recipes! And the tattles!
Oh man, TTYD is like my favourite game of all time. It's a shame Super Paper Mario and Sticker Star didn't live up to this game... but then again, doing that wouldn't be easy! And if you're going to try for 100%, I wish you good luck! I've played through at least ten times but never really tried for 100%. I should do that at some point.
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

skyluigi2 wrote:
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:So freakin excited to play Paper Mario 2 again, it's like my favorite game ever. It's seriously just a masterpiece all around, imho. And this time I'm gonna beat Bonetail, I swear!! And get all the recipes! And the tattles!
Oh man, TTYD is like my favourite game of all time. It's a shame Super Paper Mario and Sticker Star didn't live up to this game... but then again, doing that wouldn't be easy! And if you're going to try for 100%, I wish you good luck! I've played through at least ten times but never really tried for 100%. I should do that at some point.
TTYD is great. I really want to revisit it when I have time and I don't have other games piling up.

I had mixed feelings about Super Paper Mario. I enjoyed the gameplay for the most part, but there were certain...irritating points in the game. It was like, "I get the joke. This isn't fun. Get on with it." That and the lack of interesting partners bothered me. I still really enjoyed the game, and I also want to replay it eventually, but not as much as TTYD given the flaws.

I still need to play Sticker Star. My sister has it, so I'll probably play it soon. She said it was fun, but rather disappointing.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

Man, Thousand-Year Door is the business. There are some frustrating/annoying points (like having to go back and forth repeatedly in both chapters 4 and 5), but it's pretty fantastic otherwise. Hopefully another 'real' Paper Mario game will happen sometime in the future...
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

swirlybomb wrote:Hopefully another 'real' Paper Mario game will happen sometime in the future...
Uuuuugh. Just popping in to say that SPM was great. Y'all be blind.

Grumble grumble stomp stomp get off my lawn.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

I did enjoy Super Paper Mario for what it was (the Chapter 6 events I especially liked, because... yeah), but it was a platformer instead of a JRPG, that's what I mean. And then Sticker Star seems like a huge misstep from what I've seen/read.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Sticker Star is a faux-RPG. Seriously. It's a game where getting into random battles does nothing except hinder you.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
skyluigi2

Post by skyluigi2 »

Super Paper Mario and Paper Mario: Sticker Star are both great games... but they're hilariously disappointing after The Thousand Year Door. If you don't compare them then they're really good games, but if you compare 'em to that Gamecube masterpiece... they're pretty mediocre.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

TTYD is one of my favourite games ever, SPM has some radparts and some badparts, and Sticker Star is garbage.

Seriously SS sucks baws
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Sticker Star is pretty meh unfortunately. I DO respect them for trying a new idea, but it just didn't work out unfortunately.

I put it down after about ten levels I think and I haven't picked it up again, especially after getting stuck at this one part.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

I got up to the Wiggler parts and stopped.

Why did they make a game where battling is a BAD idea??? What were they thinking????

And why did they strip out the story? If it's true what they say and Shiggy ordered them to take it out I'm gonna punch him in the mouf.
skyluigi2

Post by skyluigi2 »

They said something about not having any characters unique to the Paper Mario series so it would be easier for series newcomers to 'enjoy' the game. That's basically why there's next to no story and Kersti is literally the only unique character. And also Bowser says nothing throughout the entire game... even though he was one of the funniest characters in past PM games. I don't understand.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I liked Sticker Star to an extent, but I'm not much of a Paper Mario guy. That said, I've never played TTYD, so that's on me.

Meanwhile, I went overboard in Ocarina last night. Forest, Fire, and Water Temples completed, but not in that order. Oh, being able to switch the Iron Boots on/off as an item is so much better than going into the menu for the umpteenth time. Now I'm on to my least favorite stretch of the game, the Well and Shadow Temple.
BeatBoxingBoo
Charlesbag
First name: beatboxingboo

Post by BeatBoxingBoo »

skyluigi2 wrote:Super Paper Mario and Paper Mario: Sticker Star are both great games... but they're hilariously disappointing after The Thousand Year Door. If you don't compare them then they're really good games, but if you compare 'em to that Gamecube masterpiece... they're pretty mediocre.
It's my opinion that Sticker Star is just bad. Like has been stated above, why even have battles? They're pointless; wastes of time. The worlds are completely unoriginal (Grassland, Desert, Fire, Ice, etc). Even when not compared to TTYD, it's really just not a good game.

But also, like Bwarch said, I do have to commend them for trying new formulas. It failed, but it was new nonetheless. I think we need to see more of that in this franchise.

Also, I think I figured out how to cheat the jackpot system in TTYD which is really unfortunate.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

I picked up don't Starve last night after not having played it in like a year or so. Made it 7 days on my second try and only died due to the random hellhound encounters that I don't think I ever encountered last time I played. I'm currently on the firestarter girl on day 9.
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

I randomly decided to play Touhou-A-Live once I found out it existed. I've had a combination of fun and frustration with it so far. Here is a basic summary of my feelings on the chapters I've done so far:
Mokou's (based off of Near-Future)- ...This is long and there's enemies everywhere my god why did this boss suddenly kill me why are they using the liquefied humans plot in Touhou it feels way too grimdark.
Cirno's (based off of Present Day)- COME ON USE THOSE MOVES ON ME SO I CAN KILL YOU OH GOD WHY IS THE FINAL BOSS A FREAKING DODGE TANK SOMEONE HELP ME
Shanghai's (based off of Sci-fi)- Story story story story... oh god help me this is stressful why is everyone actually dying come on this is Touhou this shouldn't be happening and oh god why did the final boss just turn into some melting skull mush that kinda looks like this ahahahahahahaha make it end make it end
Youmu's (based off of Ninja)- KILL 'EM ALL KILL 'EM ALL SCREW STEALTH I AM GONNA KILL 'EM ALL or at the very least 73/100. Good enough. Also hidden passages I hate you.
Ran's (based off of Wild West)- Just started, but uh... why the hell is Ran in the American Wild West barring the fact that her chapter is based off of the Sundown Kid's in the original?
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Fire, Water, Forest, Spirit, and soon to be Shadow Temple. The totally traditional order for Ocarina of Time. Yep. Also, all five of the remaining Skulltula are in that last dungeon, too, so I think I've got this.
Leylite
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Leylite »

I've recently been playing this furniture-eating stealth roguelike called "Not the Robots" - a Unity-engine game mostly based around dodging typical office security obstacles like rotating lasers, floor-is-lava traps, smart bombs, and floating skull sentries with machine guns. The idea is to use the layout of the office walls, as well as furniture, as cover - but you have to eat a certain amount of this furniture to go to the next level.

It requires a lot of strategic planning as well as second-to-second tactics. I love it.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

So I'm playing Link's Awakening and I beat the first three dungeons so far and the color dungeon. I.. have no idea where this desert is that Ulrira says I need to go to. I have searched all over the place, especially in the apparent southeast, and I cannot figure out where the hell I need to go in the slightest. At the same time I don't want to just look up a walkthrough. Can somebody at least confirm that this part is obtuse and not just me being dumb?

EDIT: nyeh i looked up a little bit of info and figured out the rest. for some reason i thought there was only one chest in the dream shrine!
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I figured out why I couldn't kill the anubis things. They're resistant to divine damage. That would make sense.

Also this game is so freaking frustrating because you can have a good run going and then all of a sudden you open a door and two ninja things are behind it and you can't kill them unless you're able to tank like 50 damage.
Attachments
anubis.png
anubis.png (57.2 KiB) Viewed 2751 times