(shouting)

-Main Discussion (FINALLY Updated Base ROM Here) Thread-

A vanilla VIP-like smw collab!
aterraformer

Re: -Main Discussion (FINALLY Updated Base ROM Here) Thread-

Post by aterraformer »

Oh wow, this actually updated. What.
Base ROM v1.25
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Jolpengammler
The Friendly Dog
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Jolpengammler »

In the newest base, lots of the sounds dont work!
"Ban all the facial hair from life." ~ Horikawa Otane, 2014
"i always run up and down the stairs because i want to die" ~Isocitration, 2016
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Jolpengammler wrote:In the newest base, lots of the sounds dont work!
Take it up with Kipernal. I have no idea the issue.
AMK was updated today, seems to fix the issues (EXCEPT AM4 SAMPLE DEATH JINGLE)
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

morsel/morceau wrote:include this in the level code whenever it's needed

Code: Select all

LDA #$80
STA $1406
Sorry for confusion: I meant include between "levelXXX:" and "RTS". If you remove the RTS there will be problems.
aterraformer wrote:
morsel/morceau wrote:I made Shouldering On for a contest. Do you want to include it in jump? (it didn't score very well)
I was thinking that it was a level by you. Sure, why not? I like the gimmick. Just send me over a file with the all the stuff. What world do you think for it? Possibly consider getting rid of the scrolling? haha
Could you assign me a level number? It was made with scrolling in mind so some things wouldn't make much sense without it. A midpoint would make it a bit easier. One of the judges said it was special world difficulty but in JUMP special world = pixel perfect = impossible for everyone so I don't know.

Have you decided whether to use the multiple midpoint patch or the checkpoint I described in the other thread? If the latter please assign me a block number for the checkpoint block. (I think we're using page 2 for general stuff?)
dont wanna jihad no more
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Morsel: you can have level 5 and map16 510. I would like it higher but a lot of it is taken, or at least in theory since I'm not at my laptop.

Actually, MarkyJoe did beat Pixel Perfect haha
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

I was trying to get the midway patch to work earlier, but although it works when applied to a clean rom, it doesn't when applied to the JUMP base rom (freezes at OW). It doesn't conflict with the following:
-statusbar.asm
-AMK
-ST
-uberasm
-I can't run BTSD on this operating system but it doesn't conflict with the block insertion I can try out, so it would be unlikely to be that.

It seems the base rom is having something run on it or had something run on it in the past that conflicts. I suggest porting to a fresh rom when I send you the updated patch.
dont wanna jihad no more
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

aterraformer wrote:Oh wow, this actually updated. What.
Base ROM v1.25
Quickly played some level in lunar magic.
Custom blocks doesn't work in level 1D.

Also it should be on the review thread, but the bottom row of level 101 need to be filled because you actually see one pixel of the bottom row when you play (also cut-off on screen 8).
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
Mineyl

Post by Mineyl »

So hey, I noticed there's no title screen in the current base ROM. Let's change that.

Obviously based off of this image:
Just a few little somethings I've thrown together in my spare time since I haven't seen any images around here that are yet SNES compatible. Don't take them as end-all, be-all or anything, I just thought I'd get the ball rolling. I'll probably make a few more in the next few days or weeks. Stop me if you all see one you like.
raocow wrote:I don't know what it means, but you're screaming at me and I'm used to that.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

They are all cool but I especially like the third one. If you could have Mario and Luigi in it too than that would be perfect.
Mineyl

Post by Mineyl »

No problem. I just wanted to get the base design down before tossing them in there (mostly due to the way the image editor I use for pixel art works). I may play with the individual gradients to get them to look better, too.
raocow wrote:I don't know what it means, but you're screaming at me and I'm used to that.
Mineyl

Post by Mineyl »

Thought I'd try drawing the logo instead of translating someone else's work. Making big, thick letters in pixels can be harder than it looks and I'm not fully satisfied with it. An improvement may be to round out all the sharp corners and perhaps be far more liberal with the shading or go back to the gradient seen above.

EDIT: And here we have the gradient logo with a thicker outline and minus the shadow (though that can be added back in, of course):

worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

After talking with aterraformer, we are likely to replace the World 7 submap song with a new one(attachment). The lightning sound effect in the submap(which was originally Bowser's valley) cannot be played together with that song. I'd like to add this code into asar_patch.asm to disable the lightning.

Code: Select all

org $04F709
db $FF

e: deleted the attachment since it's outdated
Last edited by worldpeace125 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Base ROM v1.28

Wow, I have really been updating exactly a month apart! Not good..

Included:
-Overworld updates
-So I have put some more levels in, already forget which ones
-fixed up the sprites to make sure Iso's level works
-lolyoshi's second half of Shell Shrine with the first half's difficulty reduced
-a boss fight for world 6 that doesn't actually work!
-probably other things

Come on everyonetch (including myself), step it up! We are in the final stretch! Let's get an alpha beta version out for extensive testing soonish!
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Did you insert ON/OFF blocks and new teleport block? I don't think they work.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

worldpeace125 wrote:Did you insert ON/OFF blocks and new teleport block? I don't think they work.
I remembered something like this but forgot which ones. I kinda don't know what to do with them though or how the corrupted. The teleport blocks worked in Shell Shrine but I think you had issues with hitting them from the bottom. Were the on/off blocks from SMWCentral or did someone post them here? I kinda forgot. Also were the teleport blocks modified to begin with? I will reinsert tomorrow and check if there is a difference.

Edit: does anyone have a version of JUMP that has the two text boxes for Shell Shrine? The level used to be on level 7. I have no idea what happened to them. I did a great job of getting rid of old copies of JUMP however. It should just be explaining the shell jump mechanic and such.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

aterraformer wrote:The teleport blocks worked in Shell Shrine but I think you had issues with hitting them from the bottom.
Yeah right. Morsel fixed the block and gave it to you. The fixed version is in the BT/ASM folder now. It just seems not to be reinserted by blocktool. I confirmed that reinserting(Block>Reinsert all) then saving the ROM resolves the problem.
I don't know where the on/off blocks come from either. I've remembered these blocks are already used in some levels(Chuck Magnet, the green switch palace, and others) and they work. The level where on/off blocks don't work is 'We Haven't Had Enough Thwomps'(level 1D) made by Frozelar. This level assumes the custom blocks are inserted at 2EA~2ED, but I guess they are not claimed (spreadsheet).
I think those are all of the custom block issues for now. There are no serious issues, we can fix them easily.

I have JUMP v0.80 where Shell Shrine is on level 7, but there are no text boxes. I guess this isn't what you are looking for.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Slight update to main patch
http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/14790/asar_patch.zip

Dragon coin counter saves to sram.
Custom no-yoshi entrances don't run after midway point (as in smw).
dont wanna jihad no more
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

I don't know where the on/off blocks come from either. I've remembered these blocks are already used in some levels(Chuck Magnet, the green switch palace, and others) and they work. The level where on/off blocks don't work is 'We Haven't Had Enough Thwomps'(level 1D) made by Frozelar. This level assumes the custom blocks are inserted at 2EA~2ED, but I guess they are not claimed (spreadsheet).
Since I really haven't been involved that much in this discussion, what do the custom on/off blocks have that the regular one doesn't? If it's what I think it is, I could use it to reduce a lot of stupid deaths in one part of my level.
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Ah, I meant on/off 'solid' blocks. One is solid (only) when the switch status is ON, and the other is solid when OFF.
mellonpizza
working

Post by mellonpizza »

Oh, ok.
I was hoping there was some on/off block where you can't accidentally hit two that are right next to each other at the same time. The way my obstacle is set up it's fairly easy for it to happen and it can cause a lot of dumb deaths.
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Yoshi's bowser section may just still require that glitch Image
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

This version of main patch includes balloon camera fix (incidently left+right fix for balloon and cloud).
dont wanna jihad no more
mellonpizza
working

Post by mellonpizza »

Yoshi's bowser section may just still require that glitch
Still, there could be a custom block just for areas where that glitch would result in an unfair death.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

The official version of AddmusicK is released and we can use it. But some problems still weren't fixed, so I tweaked the code once again. Here's my illegal version.

Changes
- disabled extinction of P-switch effect when mario dies
- corrected star music to be off when almost running out
- made global music be able to restart (e.g. consecutive p-switch, starman, or goal tapes)

First, get official AMK from here. Then Replace patch.asm (in asm\SNES\ folder) with the attachment.
Attachments
patch.zip
(5.2 KiB) Downloaded 50 times