(shouting)

DELUXE Banana Split Mafia (Town Wins!) - Päivä Viisi

Damn, it feels good to be a gangster.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Re: DELUXE Banana Split Mafia - Le Premier Jour

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Why no lynch guys? As said before we should definitely rl because the specterr thing only activates the first night. It would be dumb to not use it (and RLing the first night is usually better anyway).

I'm going to follow Demolition this time and vote 8flight, because there's already a vote on him and because he voted no lynch without saying anything else.

ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Oh and the votes:

TheVulpineHero1 - 1
8flight - 2
No lynch - 3
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

Post by TheVulpineHero1 »

Hm. I'm going to vote for 8flight here, on the basis that he isn't me and it's random enough. I'm not quite sure I agree with demolition's logic due to timezones, but we haven't heard from 8flight yet so that backs them up. There's a chance demo could be Annoyed, I guess. I might do a 'true' random vote if 8flight actually pops up. (Pre-post edit: Oh, wait, he actually said something? I missed it first go through. Still voting for him, because no-lynch kthanxbai isn't quite enough.)

On that matter, what do we do about the Annoyed? Currently, I'm of the position that joint winning with them doesn't seem horrifyingly bad if we mess up, since after that they have little reason to screw with the town. On the other hand, I don't like the idea of them going joint with maf at a critical juncture to get their kill in. And once they're guaranteed victory, they might just side with whoever's winning to make the game go quicker, or mess with some heads for fun. I guess it's just pointless conjecture either way, until we figure out who they are.
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
BlueWizrobe
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by BlueWizrobe »

I misread the specterr role apparently and didn't know it only activates on the first night. I'm bandwagoning with lynching 8flight (mostly because Jesuis is a pretty skilled Mafia player, I'm trusting his word on this).
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Jumping on the bandwagon to vote 8flight because he is a terrible maf player and helped the Nazis win the last game.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

So the deadline isn't in 7 hours, the deadline is in 19 hours, right? All that's happening in 7 hours is that our lynch votes are enabled, or something? What is the point of that minimum time?

I'm used to games giving like 48-72 hours for a game-day. The 72-hour games tended to be kinda convoluted and involved, but 36 seems a bit too short.

I'm fully in favor of a random lynch, but I'm going to hold off on voting for 8flight because not even everyone has posted yet! Give everyone a chance to contribute and stuff, maybe someone will say something obviously scummy. And also, if possible, I'd rather lynch someone who doesn't post at all today, 8flight's post was unhelpful, but at least he's present.
TheVulpineHero1 wrote:On that matter, what do we do about the Annoyed? Currently, I'm of the position that joint winning with them doesn't seem horrifyingly bad if we mess up, since after that they have little reason to screw with the town. On the other hand, I don't like the idea of them going joint with maf at a critical juncture to get their kill in. And once they're guaranteed victory, they might just side with whoever's winning to make the game go quicker, or mess with some heads for fun. I guess it's just pointless conjecture either way, until we figure out who they are.
Lynchers are bad for town because they're trying to make us waste a day killing their lynchee, who is usually a townie. In this case, there's a small chance the lynchee is scum or 3rd-party, which would be cool. In any case, lynchers are a nuisance but not a giant problem, since wasting a single game-day is the worst they can do, and to do that they have to actually convince most of us that their target is scum, which isn't easy to do. If you did know that someone was a lyncher, your goal would be to ignore everything they say, as opposed to an actually-dangerous enemy who you'd want to lynch.
Falky
Space Mountain, Real World's Champion, WOOOOO etc

Post by Falky »

Cheers for the clarifications, ano0maly.
TheVulpineHero1 wrote:On that matter, what do we do about the Annoyed? Currently, I'm of the position that joint winning with them doesn't seem horrifyingly bad if we mess up, since after that they have little reason to screw with the town. On the other hand, I don't like the idea of them going joint with maf at a critical juncture to get their kill in. And once they're guaranteed victory, they might just side with whoever's winning to make the game go quicker, or mess with some heads for fun. I guess it's just pointless conjecture either way, until we figure out who they are.
I can't see the annoyed being too problematic, at least for the time being, but you're right about siding with whoever's winning. It is a third-party, after all, and has no obligations to anyone. Additionally, annoyed's target can be any alignment.

It seems that a BW's started, so I'll go with it. Lynch 8flight.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

Players who have not posted yet today:

Horikawa Otane
LukaRamu
jayScribble
Ashan
GrimDarkening
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

"There is a bandwagon" is not a reason to vote for someone. If we had only a few hours left, yeah we should jump on the only possible lynch, since RL is the proper thing to do today. Until then, though, don't be afraid of having ideas of your own.
Falky
Space Mountain, Real World's Champion, WOOOOO etc

Post by Falky »

Ditocoaf wrote:"There is a bandwagon" is not a reason to vote for someone.
It is on d1 when we have MLs. I think it's unlikely that we're going to get anything particularly useful today, so there's no reason to argue with each other over who to RL when there's not much to go on. Granted, there are those people who haven't spoken yet, but still. 8flight hasn't said much more than them, to be fair.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Ditocoaf wrote:So the deadline isn't in 7 hours, the deadline is in 19 hours, right? All that's happening in 7 hours is that our lynch votes are enabled, or something? What is the point of that minimum time?

I'm used to games giving like 48-72 hours for a game-day. The 72-hour games tended to be kinda convoluted and involved, but 36 seems a bit too short.
I give at least a full 24 hours because I know people are from different timeszones and I want to give everyone a chance to speak.

After that, the day lasts until there is a majority vote. People get bored if a day or night is too long.

TheVulpineHero1 - 1
8flight - 6
No lynch - 3

About 6 and a half hours of minimum time.
Holy

Post by Holy »

Ditocoaf wrote:And also, if possible, I'd rather lynch someone who doesn't post at all today, 8flight's post was unhelpful, but at least he's present.
If we're lynching someone to become specterrrrrrrrrrr, I'd assume we want someone who'll be around to haunt whoever needs killing, right?

I'll throw in for 8flight for now, as he's already got some votes.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

All right, I'll retract my nl and switch to 8flight.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
zmonbobbo
Haustone Tournament Semifinalist
Hey there! I'm a dude!
First name: Zach

Post by zmonbobbo »

Bah, it sucks to RL somebody, because they kinda get a raw deal from day 1, but I guess it's the best play. I'll vote 8flight as well.
I'm probably driving right now.
lukaramu
not lukaramu
First name: not lukaramu

Post by lukaramu »

As we really don't have much info after the first night, I'd say the discussion so far was pretty much exhaustive and as limepie and Jesuis have pointed out, random lynch should be the way to go.

Despite that, I would withhold voting so far to allow 8flight to make a cause why we shouldn't kill him. He'll probably die anyway at this point, be it by [REDACTED], but I don't want to give him ideas on how to get out of this in case he actually was mafia.
QuantumPhysicsMan

Post by QuantumPhysicsMan »

Changing my nl to 8flight.
Warning: It is now too late to not read my signature.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

TheVulpineHero1 - 1
8flight - 10
No lynch - 1

4 hours
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

11 votes 8flight

If this keeps up for about 4 hours, day 1 will end (maybe).
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

Really? A majority that quickly? We should let 8flight claim his role before we lynch. Also probably give Horikawa Otane, LukaRamu, jayScribble, Ashan and GrimDarkening more time to post before ending the day. The extra 12 hours are substantial.
Last edited by Ditocoaf 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

alex2 wrote:Day 1 ends when we lynch someone wtf anomaly
Anomaly has been saying since the start that lynches don't count until 24 hours in, then there's another 12 hours until the deadline. It's a weird way to do things, but it's in the rules for this game.
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

alex2 wrote:Dumb way to do things
It's... also kind of dumb to hammer really early before we've only had 20 hours our 36-hour day. We want 8flight to have a chance to roleclaim, we want to give everyone who hasn't talked yet a chance to say something.
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

Always give someone a chance to roleclaim before you lynch them. The reason we don't all roleclaim at the start is so the mafia can't just kill and roleblock our cops easily, but if we're going to lynch someone anyway they should definitely claim, even if we don't decide to believe them.

Wait you've played this game lots before, haven't you, you should know that. Why did you early hammer? Are you the lyncher? If so you got way damn lucky with the RL.
zmonbobbo
Haustone Tournament Semifinalist
Hey there! I'm a dude!
First name: Zach

Post by zmonbobbo »

Random lynching is still the right play. 8Flight isn't obligated to check in or anything, but we aren't obligated to wait, either.

That said, Ditocoaf's logic makes sense to me, so I'll withdraw my vote for the time being, just to give 8 a little more of a chance to speak. I'll probably change back in 6 hours or so, unless something changes.
Last edited by zmonbobbo 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
I'm probably driving right now.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

Hey guys Ditocoaf's pretty smart you should listen to him

We could be killing an important role for town if 8flight is just away from the forums and hasn't posted yet.

edit: except he was already here today... :?
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Sturg wrote:Hey guys Ditocoaf's pretty smart you should listen to him

We could be killing an important role for town if 8flight is just away from the forums and hasn't posted yet.

edit: except he was already here today... :?
Sturg is 8flight's maf buddy, calling it now.

Also, all that ano0maly is doing is giving a minimum time window for a lynch to occur. This has been pretty standard throughout the last few games and is a good way of factoring in timezones and giving everyone at least 12 or so hours to check the thread in.