(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Pengu

Re: Twitter: The Thread

Post by Pengu »

Things aren't working out :cry: I won't be 'round really for a few days
ImageImage
Dan

Post by Dan »

Ashan wrote:
Wareng wrote:suffice it to say that I was taken aback and a little pissed off that he could have done something this stupid.
Wait, so what was it that you didn't understand in the situation?
I thought the entire thing was a joke. He said this minutes before locking the discussion thread:
[19:59:26] <Bwarch> Cup, War, Bart, Moop, you'll want to stay tuned for the trick I'm about to pull next.
[19:59:32] <Wareng> o wot
[19:59:37] <Wareng> I was about to go do hw
[19:59:42] <Wareng> but now I gotta stay
[19:59:45] <Bwarch> It's going to be a doozy. I'm only waiting on the okay from Limepie.
I didn't see it as stupid or bad originally because I didn't think he was being serious.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

It's still unclear to what extent this was made up. But even if the poll was a joke from the beginning, the complaints towards Bwarch's moderation were still real.
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

Wareng wrote:He probably blocked [aposke] on skype because you opened a thread whose OP consisted of the words "Fuck you bwarch" and nothing else, and he (probably rightly so) senses that you want nothing to do with him. Don't try to act like you (plural) handled this in a mature, reasonable way. Not that I did, either, but at least I acknowledge it.
But apo wasn't the only one to get blocked on Skype, I know at least one other person was blocked from Skype for no reason, they weren't even around for the stuff leading up to his demotion.
ano0maly wrote:It's still unclear to what extent this was made up. But even if the poll was a joke from the beginning, the complaints towards Bwarch's moderation were still real.
that thread was completely serious and all of the complaints were real, at least everyone thought it was serious before bwarch closed it and ignored the votes and said fuck you to everyone who complained and that he was staying on no matter what people thought. The poll was probably created just to feed bwarch's ego or something when he got a lot of stay on votes.
Last edited by darkychao 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Dan

Post by Dan »

People don't do things for no reason brother. It is impossible to do something for no reason.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Wareng wrote:I didn't see it as stupid or bad originally because I didn't think he was being serious.
Oh, okay. Yeah, well I don't know how much of that post was serious, but like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure it was kinda like "oh, everybody is against me, I guess I'll pretend this whole thing was a joke."
He probably would have been better off pretending it was a scheme to drive more traffic to Talkhaus.
http://i.imgur.com/xsoqkFa.png
Also I just noticed the "most likely to be a tyrant" signature.
darkychao wrote:But apo wasn't the only one to get blocked on Skype, I know at least one other person was blocked from Skype for no reason, they weren't even around for the stuff leading up to his demotion.
He also removed me from Steam either last night or today. It's not really surprising he's doing it, I mean I don't think he's gonna be really talking to anyone after this. It's his fault though. It's not like all of Talkhaus just ganged up on him out of the blue. He managed to get pretty much everyone against him by being a dick, so that's what happened.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

The point of the poll was that the poll was never serious to begin with. The important part was the criticism, I wanted to see what people thought of the various mod actions over the months and get everything out there. I didn't just create a feedback thread in Suggestion because I suspected people wouldn't be forthcoming and completely honest and brutal with their criticism as I wanted, with the idea in place that I would step down depending on the criticism I knew people would be as forthcoming as possible.

Round about and bad on the lying side? Perhaps.

I've removed people from my Skype, Steam and Tumblr who I either don't like, can't trust anymore, and removed people I never really talked to to begin with. The very idea that those I thought were my friends would share private chat logs and campaign harshly for me stepping down, yelling at Limepie enough that he would bend not on his own personal judgement but just because they were yelling loud is disheartening.

I would like to apologize to Ashan, I do regret the whole Mighty thing and one of the things I was going to take away from the thread specifically was to not edit posts anymore. I'm a hard head and I knew I WANTED the criticism, but criticism in general is not something I handle well, even if it is right.

BTYM is still an asshat imo, I do not regret the ban and I fully expect him to go on taking sarcastic potshots at users just because he can now that I'm not copping anymore. So enjoy that.

This was conducted in a bad way, for many reasons. I should have talked it over with pie before I went ahead with the scheme. I wasn't voted Most Impulsive of 2013 for no reason. I had the idea spur of the moment and went with it. Who knows, peeps probably wouldn't like me being in charge anymore just because of the lie in itself.

I went back and forth in all my words and confused a lot of peeps. Because I wrestled with the criticism it made it seem like I thought I was the greatest thing since sliced bread, when in reality I was going through and deciding what criticism I wanted to apply in future endeavors. I never actually said that though I think, other than in private conversation with Limepie. So people thought I wouldn't apply most anything. A mistake as well, that.

That's it I think.
Last edited by Bwarch 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

You always seemed like a cool guy and a decent mod, from my usual perspective as a half-lurker. My initial reaction to the whole thing was one of confusion. But the stuff you said during the poll discussion looked really bad, and that kinda built on itself exponentially as the whole affair got out of hand.

I would hope this isn't a permanent rift between you and the other talkhaus regulars. I've had friends who I like and respect very much but wouldn't want in certain positions of authority; it doesn't have to mean a complete lack of friendship.

My takeaway from all this is that I shouldn't have been swept up in the drama at all -- my curiosity and then my enthusiasm got the better of me, but it was never any of my business, really.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Bwarch wrote:I would like to apologize to Ashan, I do regret the whole Mighty thing and one of the things I was going to take away from the thread specifically was to not edit posts anymore.
It's fine. I've said it before, but just to remind you/anyone else who doesn't quite understand: the issue with that situation wasn't that "I didn't want a banner", it's just I wanted my post to be my post. Mods in this community have always just been basically any other user, and what any other user would have done if they noticed you forgot something in a post is "hey man, you forgot this in your post" rather than just changing it on them. The first time I edited it back it was just like "hey, don't do that" but when you edited it back again it came off as "I know how you should post better than you do, so I'm making you post like I want you to". I would have had no problem if you just asked, and that's really all people wanted: you to be a regular user, even if you were a mod.
Bwarch wrote:yelling at Limepie enough that he would bend not on his own personal judgement but just because they were yelling loud is disheartening.
It's not that limepie was made to do something against his will, I'm pretty sure he wanted to de-mod you after he saw all the complaints coming in, but you guys were (and hopefully still are) on good terms, so he was in an awkward situation where he was thinking "yeah, if you're going to act like this you probably shouldn't be mod, but I don't want you mad at me". He said on several occasions "I'm too nice" and that was really what his struggle was with. Not getting on bad terms with you since you seemed to consistently be personally fine with each other.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Well according to the rules in the OP:
Wareng Teng wrote:User was banned for the original title of this post. (1 day)

I beat Kraze
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Also it'd be nice if at least the admin team or something was in on it.

I know I don't do anything around here, but when some people where saying that you where trying to make 'talkhaus your own', and you pulled something crazy without putting me in the loop, somewhere in me I was like 'you know...', you know?

That's why I was pretty quiet during the whole thing really, I wanted to see what kind of endgame you had in mind.

It seems fitting to talkhaus that it ended in just kind of deflating.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Ye, like I said, total mistake just going ahead with the idea without completely clueing in either you or Limepie or both.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Bwarch wrote:I didn't just create a feedback thread in Suggestion because I suspected people wouldn't be forthcoming and completely honest and brutal with their criticism as I wanted, with the idea in place that I would step down depending on the criticism I knew people would be as forthcoming as possible.

Round about and bad on the lying side? Perhaps.
Wow. I simultaneously hate you and completely respect you now. No wait, the other way around. I love you, but I give you no respect..or maybe the first thing.

Either way, if that was your intent then that's hilariouful.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

alex2 wrote:None of us had any real plans to publicly campaign against you
Well, that's not really true I know that I and at least one other has had the idea of having some kind of discussion on bwarch's unothodox (to put it lightly) modding habits, but I was genuinely scared of a extended length ban.
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

I wish you hadn't been. I was a hard head obviously and I may not have agreed with you, but I have never banned anybody for bringing criticism towards me.

Ask Alex.

Me and Limepie were always saying that if anybody had any mod complaints they should PM us and we would hear them out.
Last edited by Bwarch 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

darkychao wrote:
Well, that's not really true I know that I and at least one other has had the idea of having some kind of discussion on bwarch's unothodox (to put it lightly) modding habits, but I was genuinely scared of a extended length ban.
>not being excited at the thought of becoming a martyr for the anti-regime movement
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

Aposke wrote:
darkychao wrote:
>not being excited at the thought of becoming a martyr for the anti-regime movement
BLOOD IS ON YOUR HANDS, BWARCH!!!

BWARCH LIED. THEY DIED.

الله أكبر
Officially voted MOD-IN-ABSENTIA by Talkhaus election 2014.
BTYM

Post by BTYM »

i died for your sins
ImageImage
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

BTYM wrote:i died for your sins
Bwarch Took Your Money
It all makes sense now!!!
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

BTYM wrote:i died for your sins
And you came back 3 days later.
So can these be our dates for Talkhaus Good Friday and Easter?
BeatBoxingBoo
Charlesbag
First name: beatboxingboo

Post by BeatBoxingBoo »

My phone just started blasting the VVVVVV OST for absolutely no reason while I was checking the forum in the middle of class
Diggertron
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Diggertron »

BeatBoxingBoo wrote:My phone just started blasting the VVVVVV OST for absolutely no reason while I was checking the forum in the middle of class
Redux LP of VVVVVV confirmed for next project.
That makes raocow a victim of proprietary software.
Skynet.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Actually I realized it hasn't been 3 days but we'll say Talkhaus Good Friday is the 7th and Talkhaus Easter is the 10th. It was supposed to be a 3 day ban, so we'll just use those dates.
kilon

Post by kilon »

raocow wrote:It seems fitting to talkhaus that it ended in just kind of deflating.
It's not strangely fitting, it's creepingly good fitting.
Looks like we found ourselves our motto.
Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Post by Picochilla »

just a quick question: is pando media booster v2.7.0.0 the latest version now?

im a bit suspect cause i got a update-windoe about it and the main .exe still has the older version of it.
i also looked over the net and found wierdly nothing. just that the pando-websites everytime linked to other websites, when i want to open those...
100% Approved!
Patooties are Talkhaus' best thing!
So... I just put in my Youtube-Channel