(shouting)

JUMP Level Submissions Thread

A vanilla VIP-like smw collab!
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Re: JUMP Level Submissions Thread

Post by mellonpizza »

Are levels still being accepted? I can finish one before the end of the year.
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

mellonpizza wrote:Are levels still being accepted? I can finish one before the end of the year.
Ah, sorry for the late reply!

I believe at this point all levels have been claimed, so unless you already have a level claimed, I'm sorry but nope!

A level very well could free up if someone discards theirs, though. Thanks for the interest, anyways!
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

Alright. :( Message me just in case that happens,though.
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
ravegg

Post by ravegg »

So instead of redesigning 1c, I just went with a completely new level/gimmick.

Level Name: Skulliloquy
Sublevels: 1c, 43, 44
Secondary Exit: 1F
ExGFX94
Map16: A01

This level revolves around riding skull rafts over spikes and other things. The difficulty is more fair than my other level, but I still may need to ease it up if necessary. There are still 5 Dragon coins and two exits, and it'll be in the same overworld spot.
Attachments
ravegg 1c new.zip
(756.52 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
I make puzzles for games sometimes check em -> Steam Workshop
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

More fair? It doesn't even seem possible. Seems like you need to keep the raft but I don't see how.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
ravegg

Post by ravegg »

Everything in the level was possible, but I wasn't exactly sure what part you're talking about. Oh well, I fixed a few weird things in the level and made the whole thing easier. If there is anything else wrong, can you pinpoint it in the level? If you liked the old one better then that's fine, I can go back and edit that then.
Attachments
Skulliloquy v2.zip
(756.4 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Looking in the editor, the skull raft on screen 2 has NEVER spawned for me. Yoshi apparently got past this but had a lot of trouble later in the stage, especially before the midpoint I believe
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
ravegg

Post by ravegg »

Huh, it's weird that I never noticed that, it didn't happen once when I tested it. I'm not sure how this happened every time, when I only replicated it once. This should fix it, let me know if anything else needs changed.
Attachments
1c fix.zip
(1.62 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

changes:
1 switch blocks
20 switch blocks, little easier
33 switch blocks
34 switch blocks
50 switch blocks, little easier
55 removed some sprites because one of holes at end wasn't spawning
A6 general friendly revision
B2 switch blocks

I think the only level the dragon coins might be too hard to collect is the ghost house. Please let me know if this is the case.

level 1 is using secondary entrance 0d8 in the base rom which doesn't belong to it. Be careful with secondary entrances!
dont wanna jihad no more
cynderfyre
First name: willow
Pronouns: she/her

Post by cynderfyre »

oh hey look i'm really bad at getting things done. the red switch palace isn't that great of a level in my opinion. the other two i think are fine. i did revise pixel perfect so it's easier (the springboard glitch and the part where you spit the shell out with yoshi are both gone). let me know what you think!
Attachments
jump level submission.7z
(990.27 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
yo.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Here is level 5, "Shouldering On".

I added a second half and a boss fight, and used sublevels 30 and 35. I hope this is ok (I have no way of knowing what's claimed anymore). I also used some map16 on the same rows I have used before (should be ok, I hope). Message box text and level and level init asm included.

Also I have included levelasm for 172, since I saw it in the base rom.

The teleport block still acts wierdly if you hit it from below. Did you run BTSD again after I gave you the new block? If so, not sure what's going on with it.
dont wanna jihad no more
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

morsel/morceau wrote:I have no way of knowing what's claimed anymore
The claim thread still exists, just sayin'
morsel/morceau wrote:The teleport block still acts wierdly if you hit it from below. Did you run BTSD again after I gave you the new block? If so, not sure what's going on with it.
I did so I don't know the problem. Does it fix if you run it?
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Huh, I was convinced that thread was a casualty for some reason. Anyway, I cannot run BTSD on this operating system, however I inserted the block as was into a clean rom with another method and the bug was present but not after fixing the block. There is a level "We don't have enough thwomps" in the current base rom with nonfunctioning custom blocks which was partly why I was suggesting operator error.
dont wanna jihad no more
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Level updates:
- Angry Fish
- Root of Yggdrasil
- Glacier Soup
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

morsel/morceau wrote:The teleport block still acts wierdly if you hit it from below. Did you run BTSD again after I gave you the new block? If so, not sure what's going on with it.
Not sure but I guess the abnomality is because the return value (the A register) of $00F545 is different from what it's supposed to be. The consequent carry flag affects the process at $00EC8D as a result.
The weird action doesn't happen when the mario is in screen 00. It's strange. Do you have any idea?
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Not sure what would have resulted in that change. This is an argument for porting to a new rom, really.

A dirty way to fix it is to change the acts like setting. At the moment it's 25 and acting like 125. So (e.g.) changing it to 5F (15F will be solid in some tilesets but since you're getting teleported it won't matter) should be ok as a temporary fix.
dont wanna jihad no more
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

morsel/morceau wrote:A dirty way to fix it is to change the acts like setting. At the moment it's 25 and acting like 125. So (e.g.) changing it to 5F (15F will be solid in some tilesets but since you're getting teleported it won't matter) should be ok as a temporary fix.
I actually distinctly remember doing this for my MaGL2 level. I can't remember for sure if I did on JUMP though, it's possibly this bug has existed longer.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

I'm a bit surprised by the fact that the glitch has existed since the Base ROM v0.40 (or earlier) which I consider pretty vanilla ROM. How about other custom blocks that act like 25? The powerup filter block(Map16 Tile 1000) seems to be okay though it is set up to act like 25. Can we conclude this block is never going to act like 125?
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

If you have a block that should act like 25 but is instead acting like 125, the most likely cause is that something is changing the Y index, which holds the high byte of the block. Try adding a PHY at the start of the block code and a PLY at the end.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

That makes sense. I observed values, and the lower byte of the accumulator should be 0 at $00EC8A. But it was the screen number which was also stored at Y in the block. That might explain why the block worked correctly on the screen 00 only. When I re-inserted the new teleport block, it worked fine. I did see the new block in the BT\ASM folder, but I guess the tool hadn't saved the rom properly. Thanks for help, yoshicookiezeus.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Fine tuning is everything
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

I finished it 2 hours ago but my internet was down so I played Link Between Worlds instead.

I made it but I don't know if the puzzle is fitting for world 3. Is it too complicated? I dunno, please someone review my level thx.

In case you're stuck, here's a video of the solution: http://youtu.be/egZIP5u0dF4

Also I used the default music, but if you want to change the music to a custom music when you insert it, do it.
Attachments
11A.zip
(267.42 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
Isocitration

Post by Isocitration »

Updated Misc Monument.

Changes include:
-Adding switch blocks
-Sublevel E2 has been completely redone and it (hopefully) is much more obvious what hurts/what doesn't.
-Sublevel E3 has a small puzzle section added.

If morsel's multi-midpoint patch is implemented I'm considering adding an extra midpoint.

The dragon coin run is still quite stressful, but from what I recall they are only used for unlocking world 8/9? If so then in this level they are completely optional due to the level being in world 9.
Attachments
misc mon update.zip
(23.85 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

@yogui
I played the level blindly. I tried a couple of shell jumps before I found that you must climb the vine with the baby yoshi (blame the levels that require shell jumps :p). I failed feeding the yoshi with the mushroom for the first time, since I was not confident enough for that jump. Then I found you can do it easily by putting the yoshi on the question box.
Overall it was a nice puzzle and I think it's fine for world 3 to me. or maybe I'm used to the VIP standard.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Level Name: Bridge Engineering
Exits: 2
Yoshi Coins: Yes

I want to get some feedbacks for this level. The gimmick would be strongly related to the height of the item box, and it will be unfamiliar to many people and sometimes annoying to learn. Also the secret exit is very tricky. I want to know if anyone could find a way.
In the test rom(ips file), blue switch blocks are automatically given.
Attachments
110.zip
(883.21 KiB) Downloaded 105 times