(shouting)

Where did you get your name/avatar/sig from?

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
O'Largill
soggy
First name: iLeave

Re: Where did you get your name/avatar/sig from?

Post by O'Largill »

My avatar is a picture of the raddest goddamn programming cutie to ever have had a war started over their gender.
And, as you should probably know by now, my signature is from.
GODDAMN.
F̸̴̴͚̤̩̤͙̲̼̳͍͇̬̺͕͚̗̲̣̲̈́̈̔͐ͤ̑̎ͦ͊̿ͥ̍ͣ͛̍̚̚R̶̵̨͙̠̰̤̓̈́ͤ̂̄̽ͤ̃̃ͥ̐ͭͯͬ̄̇̿ͥ̚͟Ę̦͉̘̮̘̖̻̰̝̯̱̝̝͙̙̦̞͑̍ͭ̾̿͒ͩ̋ͪͬ̀ͥ͟Ȩ͉̳͇̥̣̽̈ͯ̋ͫͨͫ͋̚͞!̧͒͆͊̀̓̾̎ͣ͡҉̘̬̖̳̙͖͔͚͓̮̝͈̣͖̼̘̩:̸̗̳̩̥̟̲̗̲̦͗ͯͦ̀̚̕͡ ̗̱͎̘̜̺͔̞͈̲̒̌ͮ̀ͣ͂̔̂̊ͤ̋̕͜Į̴͚͚̹̹̻͉̒̒͒͌̽̓̅̎ͫ͑̏̀̚͘ͅW̧ͩͭ͋ͭ̃̾̓̅ͯ̆͛̆ͣͩͭ̒̚҉̷̧̣͖̪̺̳̬͚̣͔̯͖̰̳A̬̼͙͖͓̠͕̰͍̟̖̼̟͒̈͂̉͗ͩ̐ͫͨͭ̿̅͆̄͗̂ͯ̐͐͘͠T̢̳͚̗͔̘̫̦̮̬͍̳̩̯͖̭̭ͧ̽̓ͭ̂̀̓͟͠ͅŐ̜͓̝̯̹̝̯̮͙͇̤̠̻̫͚͙͑̎ͯ̌͐̌ͥ͐ͪ̉̋̏̎̓̽̚͘͘͜͠B̺͎̞̬̥̊͒̅̀̑ͫͨͩ͘I̸̶̡̻͙͍̙͎̥͎̳͕̳͔͚̟̫ͬͨ͌ͪ̓ͮ͆̍͂̅̑̉͐͗̇̀͞͝ ͋͑͆́͆ͨ̍͊ͧͭ̈́͂̑͑̉͊ͩ̚̚͜҉͖͕̫̰̤̝͙́S̶̶̨̅̄̐ͣͥ̇̈́͌ͪ̑ͮ̈́̃ͥͨ̍̎̾͘҉͎͔̗͚͔̫̥̩Ŵ̞͖͚͉̥̎́̊͒̋̀ͪ̈́̚̕̕Ḯ̶̧̻͓͉͖̗̩̯̟̲̺̮̖̠̲̝̬͙̋͋̈ͯ͢ͅͅM̵̴̧͍͍͓̘̰̽̅̒ͭ͂̆͂ͯͥ̚͞ͅͅ ̷̨̩̺̬̱̻̺̙̲͇̣̻͈̝̲̗̭̙͚̒ͣ͐͌̓̽ͦ̀̅̋ͯ̈́̐͠͝C̸̶̡ͬͤ̒̋͏̙͖͔̟͙̻̞̘͓̹̺͉͍̤̰̼ͅḼ̨̞̘͕͍̺̪͕̬͎͖̹̼͙̋͒ͫ̉̀̚ͅU̷̴̢͚̞͕̳̦̜̺ͦ̆̊̽ͪ̀͘͝B̵̨̹̰̠̙͓͈͙͔͍͉̒̂̈́̄ͫ̾
i transformed into a half silkworm, half human anime girl, and caught you off guard. l-looks like... looks like you've been... tricked!!!
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

O'Largill wrote:And, as you should probably know by now, my signature is from.
GODDAMN.
F̸̴̴͚̤̩̤͙̲̼̳͍͇̬̺͕͚̗̲̣̲̈́̈̔͐ͤ̑̎ͦ͊̿ͥ̍ͣ͛̍̚̚R̶̵̨͙̠̰̤̓̈́ͤ̂̄̽ͤ̃̃ͥ̐ͭͯͬ̄̇̿ͥ̚͟Ę̦͉̘̮̘̖̻̰̝̯̱̝̝͙̙̦̞͑̍ͭ̾̿͒ͩ̋ͪͬ̀ͥ͟Ȩ͉̳͇̥̣̽̈ͯ̋ͫͨͫ͋̚͞!̧͒͆͊̀̓̾̎ͣ͡҉̘̬̖̳̙͖͔͚͓̮̝͈̣͖̼̘̩:̸̗̳̩̥̟̲̗̲̦͗ͯͦ̀̚̕͡ ̗̱͎̘̜̺͔̞͈̲̒̌ͮ̀ͣ͂̔̂̊ͤ̋̕͜Į̴͚͚̹̹̻͉̒̒͒͌̽̓̅̎ͫ͑̏̀̚͘ͅW̧ͩͭ͋ͭ̃̾̓̅ͯ̆͛̆ͣͩͭ̒̚҉̷̧̣͖̪̺̳̬͚̣͔̯͖̰̳A̬̼͙͖͓̠͕̰͍̟̖̼̟͒̈͂̉͗ͩ̐ͫͨͭ̿̅͆̄͗̂ͯ̐͐͘͠T̢̳͚̗͔̘̫̦̮̬͍̳̩̯͖̭̭ͧ̽̓ͭ̂̀̓͟͠ͅŐ̜͓̝̯̹̝̯̮͙͇̤̠̻̫͚͙͑̎ͯ̌͐̌ͥ͐ͪ̉̋̏̎̓̽̚͘͘͜͠B̺͎̞̬̥̊͒̅̀̑ͫͨͩ͘I̸̶̡̻͙͍̙͎̥͎̳͕̳͔͚̟̫ͬͨ͌ͪ̓ͮ͆̍͂̅̑̉͐͗̇̀͞͝ ͋͑͆́͆ͨ̍͊ͧͭ̈́͂̑͑̉͊ͩ̚̚͜҉͖͕̫̰̤̝͙́S̶̶̨̅̄̐ͣͥ̇̈́͌ͪ̑ͮ̈́̃ͥͨ̍̎̾͘҉͎͔̗͚͔̫̥̩Ŵ̞͖͚͉̥̎́̊͒̋̀ͪ̈́̚̕̕Ḯ̶̧̻͓͉͖̗̩̯̟̲̺̮̖̠̲̝̬͙̋͋̈ͯ͢ͅͅM̵̴̧͍͍͓̘̰̽̅̒ͭ͂̆͂ͯͥ̚͞ͅͅ ̷̨̩̺̬̱̻̺̙̲͇̣̻͈̝̲̗̭̙͚̒ͣ͐͌̓̽ͦ̀̅̋ͯ̈́̐͠͝C̸̶̡ͬͤ̒̋͏̙͖͔̟͙̻̞̘͓̹̺͉͍̤̰̼ͅḼ̨̞̘͕͍̺̪͕̬͎͖̹̼͙̋͒ͫ̉̀̚ͅU̷̴̢͚̞͕̳̦̜̺ͦ̆̊̽ͪ̀͘͝B̵̨̹̰̠̙͓͈͙͔͍͉̒̂̈́̄ͫ̾
Your eldritch abomination is showing.
PichuVSLink

Post by PichuVSLink »

For me, I was signing up for SMWC and I didn't really know what to use for a username, I figured I wanted it to do something with pichu. So I went on google images and searched for a pichu picture. I found this amazing picture of Pichu dressed as link. So that's where my name comes from. I wanted to use that avatar here as well, but it's a little too large and if a compress it it looks like crap. But hey, I'm fine with just the name.
patchoulis obtained

"graphics: 9/10, come on, it's CUSTOM!" -smwc hack review
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

PichuVSLink wrote:I wanted to use that avatar here as well, but it's a little too large and if a compress it it looks like crap.
Cropping mate. A head shot usually compresses fairly well I've found with the creation of my own avatar.
PichuVSLink

Post by PichuVSLink »

Bwarch wrote:
PichuVSLink wrote:I wanted to use that avatar here as well, but it's a little too large and if a compress it it looks like crap.
Cropping mate. A head shot usually compresses fairly well I've found with the creation of my own avatar.
Thanks much, worked fine!
patchoulis obtained

"graphics: 9/10, come on, it's CUSTOM!" -smwc hack review
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Adorable. I like.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

My nickname is a word that some friends of mine came up with in 2006 while playing with my real-life name somehow. Two days later I signed up to my first forum on the internet and from there, it kinda stuck.

My avatar is downright stolen from Jesuiscontent, who, in turn, probably stole it from some pixiv artist or something. It's Alice Margatroid from the Touhou project doing this hair-fixing swipe that's just really cute and adorable and I'm literally in love with this depiction of her.

My signature is a screenshot of Kaa from the Jungle Book looking really silly. I noticed the frame when I was re-watching the film and randomly paused it. The rest are userbars because I like feeling important.
Maiku Wotaharu
Karaoke Enthusiast and Honorary Armless Bipedal Cycloptic Demon
First name: You'll figure it out.

Post by Maiku Wotaharu »

I had a Japanese pen pal when I was 17. She showed me how my name would be spelled if it were written in Japanese Romanji. So "Mike" became "Maiku". My last name was originally "WOT" (an acronym for "Waste of Time") when I was on another forum, but I added extra syllables later on so my user name looked more Japanese.

My avatar is a drawing of me that was made by my girlfriend at the time. She's a terrific artist that I feel is under-appreciated.

My signature is a response to the Folgers brand coffee slogan: "The best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup." I disagree with their slogan.
The best part of waking up is...knowing where you are.

FINALLY, SOME MOSTS USERBARS!
dohz

Re: Where did you get your avatar/name/sig from?

Post by dohz »

Might as well post here for posterity.

Username was initially SleepDenied, for reasons one could reasonably conjecture. The story behind my current one is long, difficult, and perhaps uninteresting, but for now, think of it as the phonetic spelling of “doze.”

Avatar is currently holiday grumps, subject to change once this month rolls over.

Signature is more relevant quotes and images, and some hyperlinks to my tumblrs and Steam (add me). And 3DS Friend Code (ADD ME).
(what sound does the mind make?)
(this, probably)
[/spoiler]
Unaniem
Desperately trying to figure out just what the hell
First name: Tree

Post by Unaniem »

My username came from my early days on the internet (more specifically, when I was around 12 years old), where I, while making an account for a website for the first time, had a desire for a really 'cool' and 'edgy' username, as I was a very stereotypical 12-year old.

Me being barely capable of having a coherent English conversation, I decided to have my username still be written in Dutch, and decided to pick 'anoniem' (Dutch translation of anonymous) because I thought it would sound cool. Through a course of events I remember exactly 0 of, it became 'unaniem' (Dutch translation of unanimous) with '909' slapped at the end of it for trend's sake.

Eventually, when I earned a slight amount of taste somewhere within my grey mass, I decided to capitalise the word and cut the '909' off, deciding to stick with it for eternity afterwards. Some people still have trouble figuring out how to pronounce it.

Some website have me use 'UnaniemO' instead, which is just the same but with the first letter of my last name slapped on its butt.

--
Avatar is Uminin from the Cho Aniki series accompanied by a stock picture of Santa.
--
Signature is a gif I made once that I really liked + Mosts userbar.
BeatBoxingBoo
Charlesbag
First name: beatboxingboo

Post by BeatBoxingBoo »

Unaniem wrote: Eventually, when I earned a slight amount of taste somewhere within my grey mass, I decided to capitalise the word
are you saying raocow has no taste

Also, got a 9-avatar roll that will probably grow over time. A few of them are from Cucumber Quest, one's from homestuck and one is an edit of that one, others are from various misc sources.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

The name Leet comes from this old username on another side that I made when I was like 9, which was 1337doom. Eventually people started calling me Leet, and it eventually transitioned into just a word, no longer linked with le 1337 haxxor so funy xd xd. Though I go by Arale often now as well.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
QuantumPhysicsMan

Post by QuantumPhysicsMan »

My username is one that I only use for youtube and anything related. It came about because I forgot the password for my other youtube account, and then I couldn't find a name without numbers that wasn't already used and I eventually ended up with this. I don't actually like this username, so I'm probably going to change it eventually.

My avatar is a Pokemon splice I made one day when I was bored. I used it for a Pokemon-based forum once, and it kind of just became my avatar for everything else.

My signature is just filler until I think of something better.
Warning: It is now too late to not read my signature.
BeatBoxingBoo
Charlesbag

Post by BeatBoxingBoo »

Alright, this is actually really bugging me.

My green tuxedo guy gifs are squat for some reason; you can't individually set the size for each avatar in SigNAvatar, and leaving the size things on the profile page in the talkhaus control panel blank isn't working, it just stretches out the other, non-animated avatars.

Anybody know what to do?
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Everything has to be roughly a square shape or it gets stretched out, simple as that. There's nothing to do, unless you want to go through and manually crop the gif yourself.

Edit: Wait nope lemme try again

Since you leave the pixel dimensions blank it will default to making everything the largest displayable size possible, especially if you have even one picture that is the largest size.

So in THAT case, the only thing I can think of is taking the animated avatar, copying it into a new canvas size that uses the largest dimension that Talkhaus can handle (128 by 128 I believe?), and copying and pasting each individual frame. I THINK. That's what I can think of anyway.

Or, easier solution, you can change all the other pictures so that their width and length are the same as the gif's.
Last edited by Bwarch 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

i think i wanted to use this name for my smwcentral account but i never made an account there so
my avatar is from this cute cat maker thing
and my signature is from this on raocow video where he went on a tangent about how the only word he could read was "spatula"
spatula
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

Ol' Zoots came up from my first forum.

It was Serebii.

Yeah.

The Woo part came from when I joined ZDoom, which was just me randomly coming up with something to replace what used to be in its place.

It was Natu.

Yeah.

At least it gives my .wads the prefix xw_, which is pretty unique. Makes archival easy for when I actually bother to use the prefix.

The avatar's fan art of Kyouko Irisu, title character of Irisu Syndrome. Original picture was something that seems to have mysteriously disappeared from the boorus, with a title arrow border thingamajig since that's anime.
BeatBoxingBoo
Charlesbag

Post by BeatBoxingBoo »

Okay, everything should be fixed except for the tuxedo guys because idk how to edit gifs with gimp

EDIT: I'm just going to do it in photoshop later
EDIT: okay first one is done
EDIT: there fixed hopefully
RikunFrances
Mentally Ill
Pronouns: kunself/you

Post by RikunFrances »

Mine is from a generator that makes pixel avatars. It's a Japanese/English site.
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dizzybelle »

I guess I'll do this here then,

My username is a shortening of "Beardedkamakaze", the first online account I ever made. Back then I didn't know how to spell "Kamikaze", and it just kinda stuck. And besides, the whole name is a tad long, so I just go with "Kamakaze" or, if that's unavailable (whatever insane individual stole can go jump in a vat of hair growth formula) then it's BKamakaze.

My avatar is from a Tumblr blog that I adore: Ask Clockwise Whooves, their rendition of Derpy. :3

My signature is a Greek saying: κάτι τρέχει στα γύφτικα which essentially means: Nobody cares. The literal translation, though, is "There's trouble in the gypsy village". And I always liked that. c:

So, yeah. That's me. In case any of you creepy space wizards wanted to know.
ImageImageImage
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

The creepy space wizards are always pleased with new information bits.
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Mikkofier »

Name = My name + -fier at the end to make it unique.

Avatar is an unused Nega-Scott sprite from the Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World game, taken from the artists livejournal.

Signature is a result of searching wikiquotes for a good quote for a signature.

I'm dull.
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

RikunFrances wrote:Mine is from a generator that makes pixel avatars. It's a Japanese/English site.
cool! i have one now too

although i miss my kmb avatars T_T
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

My name is Mike. I am a Red Mage. Hence the name.

I can't remember why I have the Cirno avatar. I put it up years ago when I first joined. Then when I decided to come back, Cirno was gone. I was gonna do something new, but couldn't think of anything, so Cirno is back.

I used to have a sig, but I got rid of it because it was all image banners for stuff that happened years ago.

The end.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

RedMageMike wrote:I put it up years ago when I first joined. Then when I decided to come back, Cirno was gone.
Everybody lost their avatars in the Talkhaustrophe (zany host screwed up and we lost like all of summer on the Talkhaus along with every file ever uploaded to Talkhaus)