(shouting)

JUMP Level Submissions Thread

A vanilla VIP-like smw collab!
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

JUMP Level Submissions Thread

Post by Frozelar »

Post your JUMP levels here! Feel free to post a description of your level, screenshots, or even a video if you want to. Make sure you either explain EVERYTHING in a txt file that comes with your level, or in the post about your level. For example, when I submitted my level, Siberian Precipice, this is what I had in the readme. Include all the information about secondary entrances in your level, custom things, map16, the level's difficulty, and any text you want in textboxes that you may have in your level.

As far as files, make sure you include a .ips file of the JUMP Base ROM with your level in it, the .mwl files for your level, the .map16 files, a readme with information, and any custom music files, custom graphics files, or custom sprite files you used in your level.

I guess I'll put an example post here.
I am submitting my level wrote:I made an icy/snowy level called Siberian Precipice. It has five drrgon coins, two exits, custom music and palettes, and is overall pretty simple. More in-depth information is in the readme.

Some screenshots
Download
XutaWoo

Re: JUMP Level Submissions Thread

Post by XutaWoo »

An overall vanilla level, Springity Sproing gives you a springboard at the start and lets you completely ignore it if you want. While four of the five dragon coins require it, it's otherwise unneeded, though some other goodies require it, too.

Download

Edit: Modified the level to use the correct sprite header and make the last jump not blind.
BLD

Post by BLD »

This level isn't final, so this is an IPS instead of a level file. If the judges or whoever absolutely need a MWL file, I'll get one out, but I'm currently infringing on someone else's level number, so until I fix that I didn't want to cause any problems.

In terms of difficulty, I was shooting for "first world fortress". Not the end castle, mind you, but the one halfway.

The only thing 'custom' is that i edited the muncher's palette (by which I mean, I just changed the 'palette' number, not any actual manual mucking around with colors). Depending on where this level goes in terms of difficulty, these may be reverted back to normal munchers. I also want to change the music to something custom, if it ends up being in world 2 or higher.

It uses levels 101 as the main level and E4 as the boss room (yeah, I know I have to change the latter)

There are 5 dragon coins.

Oh, and one of the spring boards in the boss fight glitches a bit due to sprite limits. I think the 'no sprite limits' patch fixes it, but if it doesn't or we're not using it, I'll edit the boss room to remove that spring board or something.

Themes include: The color blue, castle enemies, springboards.

I think that's it for now? Have some pics:
QuietProtag
also known as luigiman09, rip 2010-2014
First name: Félix
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by QuietProtag »

I finished my 2nd level. The level is called "Horse Eating Disorder". If you can find a name better than that, feel free to say it. Anyway, there's Map16 that modify the ground. There's one exit. The gimmick of this level is that Mario have 15 seconds when you start the level and you have to eat with Yoshi green apples. Pretty much it.

It uses level 135. Only that. No secondary entrances or sublevels. There's 5 dragon coins.

Yeah, that's everything about my level.
KingYoshi89

Post by KingYoshi89 »

Yay, finished my level

info and all that is in zip file.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Here's my level called "Angry Fish".
The version is 0.1 now, and I will update it if needed.
BLD

Post by BLD »

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I think this level feels a bit more VIPish than my last one... yay?

Themes: Athletic pseudo-castle, climbing, Warm color palette, digging chuck (and his rock), Chainsaws, silly graphics

Sublevels and warps: none.

The IPS file also contains the updated Bastion in Blue. If you've already played it, you don't need to bother with it again, but I'm trying to trick more people into giving me feedback by putting both levels on the same file. Of course, the final, seperate level files will be coming soon.
Neobullseye

Post by Neobullseye »

*looks at the bottom-right panel in the above picture* That's not Mario :P
Because kitty.
BLD

Post by BLD »

Neobullseye wrote:*looks at the bottom-right panel in the above picture* That's not Mario :P
Ha! That's actually just the star's effect, but I hadn't noticed :D
notgoodwithusernames

Post by notgoodwithusernames »

Here is my first world level called, "Musical Grasslands".

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/307 ... nd%206.zip

Also, there is a preview of the world 4 level that I'm in the process of making, which is based around the scaling mushrooms in Butter Bridge 1.
I don't sign on here a whole bunch, so here are some contacts if you need to get a hold of me:

SMWCentral: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=profile&id=12089
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/notgoodwithusername5
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Well you already know my opinion of the world four level but the world one stage was nice too. No complaints really (along with worldpeace's hence why I haven't said anything). If you would like me to insert it, it seems you only used the two levels correct? Unless you had more you wanted to do with it.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

Reuploading my level because when testing the baserom I noticed I was dumb and forgot to change the warp of the main level (it's supposed to warp you to level 150 and not 1FF).
It's just the level file of level 12B (edit I also modified 150). Insert it, fix the yoshi coin thing you said in the other level and submit baserom 0.401 please

Edit: Level 132 doesn't have a message in this message box, fix this too.

Edit2: Did level 8 by Iso was edited? Because now the brown block go to the left without going down making the level impossible. :/
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

yogui wrote:Edit2: Did level 8 by Iso was edited? Because now the brown block go to the left without going down making the level impossible. :/
I guess it's because of the fastrom patch. Level 8 was fine in base ROM of version 0.32. But when I applied the patch to that ROM privately, the same thing happened. Surprising that the fastrom patch could change behavior of sprites.

EDIT: I also upload a fixed version of my level. Thanks testers for the feedbacks.
More in info.txt.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

yogui wrote:Insert it, fix the yoshi coin thing you said in the other level
I'm not sure what you mean by this.
worldpeace125 wrote:I guess it's because of the fastrom patch.
Should I remove this or is there something else I should use?
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned

Post by yogui »

aterraformer wrote:
yogui wrote:Insert it, fix the yoshi coin thing you said in the other level
I'm not sure what you mean by this.
I think you said in another thread that you there was a level with no yoshi coin that have the yoshi coin counter or something. If I read wrong ignore what I said.
aterraformer wrote:
worldpeace125 wrote:I guess it's because of the fastrom patch.
Should I remove this or is there something else I should use?
Guess you will have to remove it.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Oh I figured that patch out. I just had to add some code to it.
notgoodwithusernames

Post by notgoodwithusernames »

Here is the final version of Musical Grasslands:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/307 ... 0Final.zip
I don't sign on here a whole bunch, so here are some contacts if you need to get a hold of me:

SMWCentral: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=profile&id=12089
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/notgoodwithusername5
ravegg

Post by ravegg »

So I made a level called "THE TREES ARE DEAD", and it combines spin jumping off things and trees getting in the way a whole lot. All the level uses is level 11E, and a message block. The only thing that really stands out as custom is the palette, so it can go pretty much anywhere, even if it is a pretty difficult level. I was really shooting for World 6-7 difficulty, but it might be able to fit in a little earlier.

Exits: 1
Dragon Coins: 5

Also does anyone have any music that they'd recommend for the level? I kinda want to go for a calm Forest Interlude theme, something that puts emphasis on the deadness of those trees.
I make puzzles for games sometimes check em -> Steam Workshop
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

I have a forest section in my music suggestions thread. You don't need to use any of those though.
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned

Post by yogui »

And here is it.
12C.zip
Level: 12C
By: yogui
Title: Get the normal exit
Exits: 2
World: from 5 to 9
Difficulty: hard
Extra: keytastrophic

The map16 is all the tiles from 1000 to 100F I reserved. Don't worry if it erase previous tiles, they were not used. The tiles from level 12B will still work.

This level also include a custom block. It's a filter block that remove your powerup, the one in the item box and Yoshi. I didn't wanted to do a "natural filter" due to the nature of this level and because you will restart it a lot (but without dying :n) ). If someone want to use this filter in their level, feel free to do so.
And most important, insert this custom block on tile 1000.

Btw this is the last of the test.smc level, I won't submit grey cement block because. All my next level will be new with maybe less weird gimmicks.

And most important, please test my level and tell me if the difficulty is fine or if I need to nerf it again.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Disarray was updated. I almost forgot this.
The author is DesRie and I upload this for him due to the language barrier.
Attachments
Disarray(Fix3).zip
(9.82 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

All right, here's a big ol' package of updates for all of my levels. I have a couple of things to ask of people if you could be so kind:

1. Aterraformer, after you get all of this stuff inserted, could you please post/send me/whatever the base rom? I'd just like to make sure that everything is working after insertion and everything. I know I'm kind of asking a lot, so take your time with all this. Really!

2. I'd love to get some reviews, although most of my levels have already been reviewed and I've done vigorous testing so I'm pretty sure everything is okay anyways, so it may not be super important. Once again I know I'm asking a lot so if it doesn't happen, well, my levels should be okay anyways... I think/hope

Thank you!
Attachments
Frozelar - Updates to All of My Levels.zip
eeeeek
(31.38 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

This is one of my Bowser/final castle doors. Not sure which doors I have still since the castle thread is gone. Stick as whichever door I guess, also might need to know which other doors I have for later.

Info is in the .txt

Only check spoiler if you can't beat the level, or want to know that it's possible without taking any damage, or the intended way to beat the level.
Attachments
A castle door by Franky.zip
(773.78 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
ravegg

Post by ravegg »

Finally went back and toned my levels for this hack after being away for way too long. I hope it's alright if I just upload the .mwl files.

Of course if there are any other problems or if further corrections need to be done (which there probably are), feel free to offer suggestions for more changes if they're too hard. These are edits to 1B, 10, 11E, 13A, 115, and 124. 1C I think honestly is too difficult, not fun, and too poor design wise for me to edit. I'll update if you would prefer, but I'll just make something from scratch soon if otherwise.
Attachments
ravegg levels.zip
(35.34 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
I make puzzles for games sometimes check em -> Steam Workshop
Redbone

Post by Redbone »

Level "Peaks of Revolution" with 2 exits. Uses levels 126 and 72. A bit of a hasty release, so sorry if I forgot about something.

Download

The IPS uses the 1.10 baserom, not sure if that's the latest or not.
exists on occasion