(shouting)

-Main Discussion (FINALLY Updated Base ROM Here) Thread-

A vanilla VIP-like smw collab!
aterraformer

Re: -Main Discussion Discoursition (Base ROM Here) Thread-

Post by aterraformer »

Yes, that would be awesome if you made all the music volumes the same! For the status bar, I messed around with it for a little and only managed to make the rom unopenable. I'll play with it more tomorrow.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

If it takes up your time so much, just capture a screenshot of the window of any status bar editor. All I need is visualized infomation so that would be enough.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Are we are we going to end up having anything depend on how many level's dragon coins have been collected? I remember converting the moon counter ($13c5) to count DCs. That might be displayed if it's going to be used.

Regarding multiple midpoint: I think I heard this will won't work with latest lunar magic (which allows midpoint placement to be more flexible). It will also have to work with level 24 hack and levelasm (which is easy enough, but you can't use it as is). I have got a checkpoint working which simply resets the level you spawn in to from the overworld. This would work with the latest lm. I don't know if that will meet the case for levels which multiple checkoints would be necessary for.

Are the final castles finished? It would be useful to know where we stand with those. How about the life farming/powerup areas. I wouldn't mind making some of these.

Also
In fact, I wish to make a level like Black's base from Gunstar Heroes Stage 4, and with full of custom bosses. Not sure how much time will be taken.. If it takes too long, I'm not going to make it. If I choose a level to give up for a slot, I'd choose Root of Yggdrasil.
I think it would be a shame to get rid of this level as it wouldn't be so hard to make it a little easier without ruining it. I think we need some kind of final boss (or two), so if you're going to make a boss it would be better doing that. I have only ever made rather simple sprites so it wouldn't be something I could promise to do, and the game needs a proper boss at the end.
dont wanna jihad no more
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

@morsel: I'll keep in mind that. But I remember that aterraformer wanted vanilla bosses at the end, such as insanely hard reznor(correct me if I'm wrong).
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Admittedly kinda distracted, second apology.

@worldpeace: do not get rid of your level!! If you want to modify it slightly and/or with multiple midpoints that's fine. If you need to make more stuff we will squeeze it in somewhere else.

@morsel: I would still like to do something with the dragon coins such as unlocking the final level or final world. I think we need to strawpoll this or just have people shout their opinions here. The final castles, all the information on completion should be on the specific thread. Only one life farm area is done and I still haven't added the boo fight to it or removed the final castles' testing section area.

back to @worldpeace: I was thinking of something along the lines of I believe it's Kaizo 2's Reznor fight? I thought there was one in Hyper VI though haha. Though I was also thinking about variations of the Bowser SMB1 fight.. also done in Hyper VI. Honestly if you really want to make something (no pressure, I know it's a lot of work!) you can make whatever you want! Just two requests though: put a midpoint before and please make it mostly action packed, not... waity Carol-like haha. Though that shouldn't be a problem considering the epic boss near the end of Gnarly (loltoolless).
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

I've included the dc counter, it displays thus:
J_00000.png
Also in the patch is the mario exgfx stuff which was included after the last base rom (just in case this was lost).
PATCH.rar
The final castles, all the information on completion should be on the specific thread.
All the threads were lost so it might be an idea to create new ones so we know where we stand.
dont wanna jihad no more
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

morsel/morceau wrote:All the threads were lost so it might be an idea to create new ones so we know where we stand.
Should PROBABLY pay more attention haha
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

I still have my final castle levels right? Thought id recheck. How hard should they be as well?
Also I noticed someone used YI GFX for a level, we are allowed to?!
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Franky wrote:I still have my final castle levels right? Thought id recheck. How hard should they be as well?
Also I noticed someone used YI GFX for a level, we are allowed to?!
Well all the limits I had in place for them have kinda gone out the window. Whatever I get, I'll put somewhere.
Yeah why not?
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Yay. Have all the GFX regulations went out the window? could I use non mario FG tiles? Also which music will my castle levels be using? 1F?
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Franky wrote:Yay. Have all the GFX regulations went out the window?
no
Franky wrote:could I use non mario FG tiles?
as long as it's past the world 3 castle
Franky wrote:Also which music will my castle levels be using? 1F?
if it's free, sure
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

It is past world 3 castle.. I'm doing my bowser/final castle levels. Are all levels in those two castles using one certain song, or can I find my own song for my sections of that castle? That's what I meant about song 1F. Which is for Bowsers castle I think.
aterraformer

Re: -Main Discussion (FINALLY Updated Base ROM Here) Thread-

Post by aterraformer »

Sorry everyone, I am such a dumb
JUMP Base ROM v1.10
glitch4

Post by glitch4 »

is this new one
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

The teleport block messes with the y register so it can do cool things like spawn balloons and kill you. Please replace with this one
dont wanna jihad no more
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

music updates (see changelist.txt)
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

There was a mistake on Silver Field.txt. I fixed that and also there's minor improvement. Please replace with this one again. This should be the final version, sorry.
Attachments
Silver Field.zip
(41.88 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Isocitration

Post by Isocitration »

Alright, so after I'm finished with my MaGLx level I'm considering heavily redesigning Misc Monument to be a lot less ridiculous. Either that or I replace it with something else/give up the level slot because as it stands, it just feels too long and convoluted to be in the game. (Did anyone ever beat it besides myself?)
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

I have beaten Misc Mon. I can actually beat the first half without dying most times, although I have not yet managed to collect the DCs. I don't think a drastic revision is necessary, although I do think it could be a little easier. Switch blocks would be a great way to achieve this (example: put switch blocks over the pit where you have to bounce on the spike ball in midair). You could jerryrig a midpoint in the first half by having a custom block that sets a freeram address and checking this address in levelasm to start the flying patform moving. This would also solve the minor issue of the fast scrolling section playing slightly differently after dying and restarting from the midpoint. The only thing I found frustrating about the level is the coming down through the nets with yoshi. It was confusing as to what hurts you, where you're supposed to jump to stay in the background, where you're supposed to wait or where to rush.

-----

I had a go a making a life farm. Please tell me if it's suitable. To get lives
throw blocks at the bubbles
J patch.rar
dont wanna jihad no more
Isocitration

Post by Isocitration »

That flying platform pseudo midpoint is a pretty interesting idea, but if we're incorporating your multi midpoint patch I'll likely use that instead. I'd probably place a midpoint at the beginning of the first cave segment and a another one after the second cave segment (eliminating the current midpoint).

I'm overall pretty dissatisfied with the second half so I'll probably redesign it. Contemplating getting rid of the 'behind the nets' gimmick despite it being one of the original ideas for the level, but we'll see.
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

Isocitration wrote:That flying platform pseudo midpoint is a pretty interesting idea, but if we're incorporating your multi midpoint patch I'll likely use that instead. I'd probably place a midpoint at the beginning of the first cave segment and a another one after the second cave segment (eliminating the current midpoint).

I'm overall pretty dissatisfied with the second half so I'll probably redesign it. Contemplating getting rid of the 'behind the nets' gimmick despite it being one of the original ideas for the level, but we'll see.
I think you should keep the gimmick, just make it a little less craaaAAAAaazy ok?
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

I found a level on my computer that I am assuming is for JUMP because 12 levels and overworld dragon coin counter but uses level 1. I have no memory of when I got this or who made it! It is call Shouldering On and it uses a gimmick where pressing the screen scroll buttons spawns a throw block in your hand.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

How do I use this patch for two of cynderfyre's levels so that that camera follows and they are more playable but not all the others (unless I'm told specifically by the author). Can I just put it like that in level_asm?

Code: Select all

org $00F878
db $80 ;$Do
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

include this in the level code whenever it's needed

Code: Select all

LDA #$80
STA $1406
I made Shouldering On for a contest. Do you want to include it in jump? (it didn't score very well)
dont wanna jihad no more
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

morsel/morceau wrote:I made Shouldering On for a contest. Do you want to include it in jump? (it didn't score very well)
I was thinking that it was a level by you. Sure, why not? I like the gimmick. Just send me over a file with the all the stuff. What world do you think for it? Possibly consider getting rid of the scrolling? haha