(shouting)

Last movie you watched?

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Re: Last movie you watched?

Post by AUS »

Argumentable wrote:I watched Wreck-it Ralph and I liked it because I have played a video game before
the movie was made for you bro
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

I watched Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. Interesting movie. For some reason I always thought that At World's End was the end of the series but it does make sense that it wouldn't be. There's four movies out (and a fifth in the works and a sixth planned) and it's basically grouped into three sets of adventures. There's Jack's quest to get the Black Pearl back, then there's Jack's quest to get out of his deal with Davy Jones, then there's Jack's quest to find the fountain of youth. Just the first two quests happened to have some other major characters as well.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Dial M for Murder

Wow, this is just brilliant. I can always expect greatness out of Hitchcock.
BlueWizrobe

Post by BlueWizrobe »

At uni, last Friday, we had to watch Limitless. I was not really interested at first but it's a decent movie. It was nothing amazing but I'd definitely recommend people watch it at least once.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I watched Silver Linings Playbook.
Not sure why every review on the internet says it's the best movie ever.

My biggest issue is it seemed like they couldn't figure out what they wanted to do with the movie. It started out as a movie about some guy with mental issues and how he hated drugs, and how the mental issues were wrecking his relationship with his parents, then it turned into a romantic comedy where there was a crappy "haha they're talking about sex" joke every 5 seconds, then it turned into a movie about dancing which I suppose could be tied into the romantic comedy section, but then the main plot focused on the guy's dad who was making bets on football based on where Patrick (his son, the main character) was at the time of the game or something. Then the girl was trying to explain to the dad how the Eagles only won games when Patrick was with her but he thought it was only when Patrick was at the football games, except in the case where Patrick was the one game his 'motto' was the same as the opposing team's slogan or something so that means his dad's team lost the game and then he was mad at Patrick so then his dad made some bet with some old guy that was always in their house (still have no idea who he is) that if the Eagles didn't win the next game then the old guy wouldn't help the dad make a restaurant so there was a big bet like that and then Patrick and the girl went to some dance competition and they got a crappy score but they were happy because it was apparently also in the bet that if they got over a certain score the bet was still on and then the Eagles won their game so their dad got a restaurant or something.

Also, that was most of the plot so spoiler alert.
cynderfyre
First name: willow
Pronouns: she/her

Post by cynderfyre »

Just saw the new Total Recall recently. It wasn't as good as I thought it would be, since it was much more actiony than I like, and not really about the story. It was still okay, but I wouldn't want to see it again. Also it portends to be a dystopia, yet it ends with the protagonists succeeding in their mission, which is not usually how those types of stories go, so I was somewhat disappointed there.
yo.
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

Movies? Psh, I haven't watched one in a long time. No really, the last one I think I've seen was Despicable Me back in '09 or whenever it was released.
freelop

Post by freelop »

Four Lions

Based on a true story
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I watched Buried.

I was surprising how much entertainment they could squeeze out of a 90 minute movie about Ryan Reynolds laying down in a box.
Also, the ending was super depressing. You feel like you just wasted 90 minutes watching him almost get out just so he could die. That "I'm sorry, Paul" line was also pretty morbid.
cynderfyre
First name: willow
Pronouns: she/her

Post by cynderfyre »

Hunger Games just got put on netflix so i watched that. i was pleasantly surprised and thought it was really well done (whoever produced that is amazing at creating atmosphere). i also liked that they didn't focus as much on the love triangle as in the book. it was actually the best recent movie i've seen in a while.
yo.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I watched Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog.

It was pretty fun but kinda short. I'm sure there's a reason for the length, but I don't really know the context to the movie. I was with a couple friends and we were just screwing around on Netflix and that was just the one we decided to watch. I'm assuming the movie never went to theatres because it was so short, but I'm still confused as to how the movie came to be.
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

Primer.

EDIT: By the way, when it comes to Dr. Horribles..Getting a hold of the DVD is useful. I got it from Netflix once even though it was on instant play..for the commentary tracks. One of them is a normal commentary, but the other one is Commentary: The Musical! (i.e. the entire commentary is filled with new songs)
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Bully (2001)

I decided to see this because I liked Kids, and it was pretty darn good. Disturbing at times, but the story is fascinating and directed very well. Plus, Leo Fitzpatrick is the best. If you don't know what it is, it is a true story about some young adults who murder a bully.
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

In a theater, G.I. Joe Retaliation. Actually I don't think I've seen any movies either way since then, a few weeks back.
it was really fucking terrible
The nature of the signature is significant and natural.
http://dollopofmayo.tumblr.com/ - I put comics here because they demand it.
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

I saw Gi-Joe 2. It was really awesome. I hear the first one was terrible, but I heard good things coming into this one. Probably because the director didn't drop off the project (a few times, with a few directors).

Though that's not the latest movie I saw, I saw Oblivion. It's crazy good.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
DishSoapBunny

Post by DishSoapBunny »

I saw Little Nemo, because I was visiting my sister who was letting her daughter watch it. My sister and I watched it when we were kids. We loved it. I still think it has some great animation for the time.
CRBWildcat

Post by CRBWildcat »

Been a little while since I actually watched a movie... I think the last one would have to be "Support Your Local Sheriff!", a little over a month ago.
'Tis a trifle, if ever was.
Redsy

Post by Redsy »

Wall-E.
I'd been waiting years to watch it for the second time, and I finally did. (It was a while ago, like April 10th, but still.) It's my absolute favourite Disney-Pixar film, and I think I cried like 4 times. It's so amazing.
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

Redsy wrote:It's my absolute favourite Disney-Pixar film
Mine too. I should really watch it again.
and I think I cried like 4 times
OK, so we don't relate on that issue..
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

Just got back from Iron Man 3

Just one thing to say : Gwynneth Paltrow got some abs of steel yo also the movie was good go see it
The nature of the signature is significant and natural.
http://dollopofmayo.tumblr.com/ - I put comics here because they demand it.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Argo

Yeah pretty interesting topic, made well.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

oh, you mean argo?

I've seen it too, it was a little more serious than what I had expected, but okay.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

That video makes it seem like an emotional cliche story. I watched it because I like history. But yeah I see where that guy is coming from.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Watched Mama with some guys from my apartment last night - it was pretty fun, and the movie's actually pretty solid throughout (for a horror story, that is).
Ending completely ruined it though. Basically, the writers had two ways they could've gone and then decided to not really take either. Like if you're standing in front of a branch in the road with your car and you decide to first drive left but then suddenly swing your steering wheel over to the right hoping to still catch the other road but you end up crashing into the signpost inbetween.
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

Iron Man 3. If you like the marvel cinematic universe, you're probably not going to be disappointed by this.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"