(shouting)

ASMBXT; Journey's end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
kilon

Re: raocow Plays: ASMBXT Prelude to the what the hell

Post by kilon »

The game does already show it's potential, but so far it has been rather poor level design. But it's only early world 1. I give it until mid world 2 to get a lot better. Still staying positive.
lukaramu
not lukaramu
First name: not lukaramu

Post by lukaramu »

benzeenie wrote:Where is the music from at the very start of Cavey Cave Cavelands? I know it's something that I've heard a zillion times... It's really bugging me trying to remember.
It's the the World 2 overworld theme from ASMT, but in high quality, by prsnth1111
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

kilon wrote:The game does already show it's potential, but so far it has been rather poor level design. But it's only early world 1. I give it until mid world 2 to get a lot better. Still staying positive.
IMO once we get to "Revolution" in world 3, the level design gets so much better. For wherever reason, the first 2 worlds are nothing to write home about, when we get to "Revolution", we see some of the more interestingly designed levels, then once we hit "Life Lift", we see some of the best levels.

Also, I was kinda surprised that raocow had troubles with my level, considering at point it was it was the second easiest level.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Kashkabald

Post by Kashkabald »

SAJewers wrote:
kilon wrote:The game does already show it's potential, but so far it has been rather poor level design. But it's only early world 1. I give it until mid world 2 to get a lot better. Still staying positive.
IMO once we get to "Revolution" in world 3, the level design gets so much better. For wherever reason, the first 2 worlds are nothing to write home about, when we get to "Revolution", we see some of the more interestingly designed levels, then once we hit "Life Lift", we see some of the best levels.

Also, I was kinda surprised that raocow had troubles with my level, considering at point it was it was the second easiest level.
I like Castle of Reflection in world 1, great concept.

Also The Lounge is deceptively hard for a world 1 level. I had trouble with it too. Not too hard at all, though.
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

SAJewers wrote: IMO once we get to "Revolution" in world 3, the level design gets so much better. For wherever reason, the first 2 worlds are nothing to write home about, when we get to "Revolution", we see some of the more interestingly designed levels, then once we hit "Life Lift", we see some of the best levels.

Hehehe... You seem to like my levels. :D

Also - the lounge isn't that easy. It's not too hard - but I died a few times on it. You probably just find it easy because you made it. Fun level though. :)
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

docopoper wrote:
SAJewers wrote: IMO once we get to "Revolution" in world 3, the level design gets so much better. For wherever reason, the first 2 worlds are nothing to write home about, when we get to "Revolution", we see some of the more interestingly designed levels, then once we hit "Life Lift", we see some of the best levels.

Hehehe... You seem to like my levels. :D

Also - the lounge isn't that easy. It's not too hard - but I died a few times on it. You probably just find it easy because you made it. Fun level though. :)
Well, I think two of the top five levels are yous. :)

You're probably right though. For a first SMBX level, it came out quite nice, though my levels are definitely better.

Looking at the hubworld, the next 3 levels he'll probably end up playing are Majestic Tower, Could 9, and Fricken' Meta. It'll be interesting to see raocow get the second star in cloud 9.
lukaramu
not lukaramu
First name: not lukaramu

Post by lukaramu »

SAJewers wrote:Looking at the hubworld, the next 3 levels he'll probably end up playing are Majestic Tower, Could 9, and Fricken' Meta. It'll be interesting to see raocow get the second star in cloud 9.
I know that when testing in the earliest beta (the one you made the provisional hub for), I found out how to do it, but now I forgot. Argh! I can't do it.
I know it involved Yoshi, though
benzeenie
⊂二二二(*^ω^)二⊃

Post by benzeenie »

LukaRamu wrote:
benzeenie wrote:Where is the music from at the very start of Cavey Cave Cavelands? I know it's something that I've heard a zillion times... It's really bugging me trying to remember.
It's the the World 2 overworld theme from ASMT, but in high quality, by prsnth1111
Bloody hell!

Of course it is! Thanks, man, that was driving me CRAZY!

So, yeah- that's 100% where I know it from, was it an original tune made from scratch for ASMT? By whom? I'd like to find out if there are any other tunes they've made.

Thanks again LukaRamu, it really was driving me mad trying to place it.

*EDIT*
I somehow missed the "by prsnth1111" part. :roll:
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Well.... I got a good reaction from rao. XD
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

i just knew he was going to accidentally go into the cutscene pipe at the end there...
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
went
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by went »

World 1 hub music is amazing.
"Touhou is wrong" - Horikawa Otane
kil3

Post by kil3 »

It does have 2 hammer brothers a disco shell and bomb lakitu in world 1
Shinoda

Post by Shinoda »

kil3 wrote:It does have 2 hammer brothers a disco shell and bomb lakitu in world 1
Well, the levels weren't designed to fit specific worlds... people made levels and it was all thrown in a bag, then someone played them and put them where they would fit difficulty-wise.

I wanna say that someone is SAJewers but to be honest, that's coming out of my ass since I didn't pay to much attention around that part.
Horikawa Otane wrote:Butt-lamps are -30 points, so =p
ImageImageImage
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.

Post by docopoper »

We actually each chose a world to put our level in and they were later shuffled a bit during beta testing. There wasn't one single person making that decision. Even still - I think most of the levels stayed where they were.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

went wrote:World 1 hub music is amazing.
It's Stage 1 of Alfred Chicken, if you're wondering.
Shinoda wrote:
kil3 wrote:It does have 2 hammer brothers a disco shell and bomb lakitu in world 1
Well, the levels weren't designed to fit specific worlds... people made levels and it was all thrown in a bag, then someone played them and put them where they would fit difficulty-wise.

I wanna say that someone is SAJewers but to be honest, that's coming out of my ass since I didn't pay to much attention around that part.
Everyone got to pick what world their levels got put in, on a first come first serve basis. Aside from some levels (lusco Fusco, Fluffy Quest, to name a few), where people placed them were where they got put. Levels we did shuffle around were by consensus.
Last edited by SAJewers 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Shinoda

Post by Shinoda »

docopoper wrote:We actually each chose a world to put our level in and they were later shuffled a bit during beta testing. There wasn't one single person making that decision. Even still - I think most of the levels stayed where they were.
I guess I was wrong. Thanks for correcting :)
Horikawa Otane wrote:Butt-lamps are -30 points, so =p
ImageImageImage
Kashkabald

Post by Kashkabald »

We need to make a list of what songs were used, though I'm having fun seeing people trying to guess. It can wait, I suppose
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

The list should just be, like, one day late re: the videos or something
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Kashkabald wrote:We need to make a list of what songs were used, though I'm having fun seeing people trying to guess. It can wait, I suppose
There was that "Outscoured stuff credits" thread.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

SAJewers wrote:
Haha jeez, that music fits our game way better than it fits the game it was bleedin' composed for.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

dr_kraid wrote:
SAJewers wrote:
Haha jeez, that music fits our game way better than it fits the game it was bleedin' composed for.
holy moley, you are not kidding
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

the video wrote:code lyoko playstation
what the hell is going on
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing »

What the hell nobody asked me for permission to use the coin I designed for ASMT I am going to sue SMBX for intellectual property theft y'all better stop distributing this right now!11
raocow wrote:Next LP project - the entire hunter/scorpion series in chronological order
docopoper

Post by docopoper »

Oracle of Wuffing wrote:What the hell nobody asked me for permission to use the coin I designed for ASMT I am going to sue SMBX for intellectual property theft y'all better stop distributing this right now!11
But you gave us permission:
Oracle of Wuffing wrote:I hereby grant permission for the ASMBXT team to use my coin graphic in for any purpose whatsoever without obligation of accreditation or any other implicit or explicit rights that would typically be granted to me as the bearer of the extremely restrictive copyright protection that I enforced upon it. As per the law of the internet.

GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

KobaBeach wrote:
the video wrote:code lyoko playstation
what the hell is going on
Look at the video uploader's name.