(shouting)

A2MT CHECKLIST

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
limepie20

A2MT CHECKLIST

Post by limepie20 »

Levels:

-tenta (submitted, pending insertion)
-capefeather (submitted, pending insertion)
-alex2 (submitted, pending insertion)
-shdwdrgnix

-final level (Franky, submitted, pending insertion)
-final final level (anonymousbl00dlust)
-credits level (TheGuyWhoIsSitting)

-put switch palace sublevels together
-disperse switch blocks in some levels

Overworld:
-allocate slots for overworld ExGFX
-finish porting submap overworld graphics (Paralars, 4/6 completed)
-finish creating main overworld (Paralars)
-assemble overworld; arrange levels in order of difficulty, create paths and events

Sibling Halls:
-Science (spitznagl, submitted)
-Mishi (Cup, cleared)
-Pily (Lv27MarkerMMan, cleared)
-Nevada (Schnurmanator)
-Pandamona (raocow)
-Garish (Jesuiscontent)
-Calleoca (Kerkec)
-Iris (Franky)

Music:
-Insert overworld music
-Final castle music
-Sibling Halls music

Chest:
-add value/descriptions for every chest without them

Miscellaneous:
-insert title screen
-parrot coin unlockables (alex2, Kaizoman666) finished!
-insert password system to unlock further over there (alex2, requires overworld completion before integration)

Bug Testing:
-first round of bug testing (limepie20, 40% done)
Last edited by Anonymous 11 years ago, edited 6 times in total.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Re: A2MT CHECKLIST

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Alright I'll be back Friday, put me down for the final level assuming raocow and everyone else agrees. See ya soon!
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Oh wait, I thought you said you would do the switch palace level?
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

You forgot the intro-level (forgot who was working on it). I think Alex gave up on science, he said so in the IRC.

So franky is doing both the switch and final level?
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

The final level appeals to me more, but I can also do the switch palace as well if needed.
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

Yeah, I thought in the announcement thread he said he'd do the final level. :P

I know this is kind of out of nowhere, but... in that case, would it be alright if I got the switch palace level? I mean, only if Franky does end up getting the final level thing. Also only if nobody else wants it. And, well, if that would work out okay. :)
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Yes, you can have the level. Franky said he would rather do the final level. Your level is F8.
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

limepie20 wrote:Yes, you can have the level. Franky said he would rather do the final level. Your level is F8.
Oh, awesome! Thanks so much, limepie.

EDIT: Wait, so like, am I making the switch palace half that corresponds to the overworld (and if so, what theme am I going for?), or that corresponds to the color of the chosen switch (and if so, what color theme am I going for?)? Sorry if I'm missing something here.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Read the OP of the switch palace thread. We don't know what overworld/color your switch level will be, so don't worry about it.
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

Oh. I read it, but I kinda overextended the meaning... just like I always do. Thanks!
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:You forgot the intro-level (forgot who was working on it).
I had made up a thing, but I'm still not completely sure if The Peoples want to roll with that, or something else entirely.

If it does seem all good, I'd just need to fix up some things and have someone... make it do the thing where all the enemies die on contact, though ASM I would assume (or perhaps teach me to do so, if wished). My apologies for not having worked on it at all since that post, but I've been trying to deal with real-life projects before going back to more recreational things, and it's just taken WAY longer to deal with that than I would've hoped. So um, yes, if this is the intro we want, give me a couple more days and I could (hopefully) have it done lickety-split, but otherwise you can just kinda ignore me.

In theory I wouldn't mind helping with testing too, but I'm just not that good at playing The Marios with a keyboard, so I probably wouldn't have anything useful to say.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Swirlybomb:
I just tried it, and it is REALLY awesome. This can definitely be our intro. Keep working on it!
ProfessorDemetri

Post by ProfessorDemetri »

Durr hurr, real life. What is.
Also, thanks for the reminder on Rao's channel.
I shall have a playable version of the credits level ready to be tested in the next few days.
Should I still be posting it in the Testing and Dev thread, or here for easier access?
Thanks again for the patience guys.
It's been a labor o' love, but we'll get 'er done.
AND IT SHALL BE GLORIOUS! :D
If you need help with anything, contact me on my skype: Demekun
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Post in either thread. More people may see it in the testing thread, so I'd suggest there.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly

Post by swirlybomb »

Another hangup on the intro is that I'm not sure what to do with the text. The previous text that Servant had given wasn't received very well, so I was hoping there could be some sort of discussion and finalization before I go in and make all the blocks and junk.

It's basically just that and the enemies thing, really.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Make a cryptic and meaningless four line poem.

e:
Demo, you are a golden swan
Betray the bed you lay upon
Resplendent heat shines in your grave
The devil has killed another slave
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

the last one is

'hey wait demo where you goin'?
all this work you are undoin'!
the Master's gone, the Artist's rulin' -
well, whatev', gotta catch a Boeing.'
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly

Post by swirlybomb »

As much as I would love to use those (or at the very least, raocow's), there's room in the current setup for 4 lines + the 'wait where are you going' beyond the black (it was done like that in the sense that Iris didn't expect Demo to escape). Well, actually 8 lines because of how the text fits in the blocks. I could, say, use both of them (and interpret "hey wait Demo where you goin'?" as somewhat of a taunt or some such), but then I'm not sure what ought to be beyond the black.

Y'know, and so forth.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Alright guy's I'm back. I need to know all the info about the Last level. Which GFX, Music, etc. that we want to use for this level. Or do you guys want me to do this all myself? I'll need some details before I can start this level. :P
SyStemkraSh5642

Post by SyStemkraSh5642 »

Got a message from alex2 to remove him from the Science boss.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

- 100 Stars bonus room. We should change it, even if it's a tiny bit.

- Chest text

-Chest Icons

Overworld assembly should be more than one step.
-Draw out all maps w/level (raocow)
-Make a working overworld in baserom for testing
-Complete Overworld

In the case that it was decided that the switches are too short, and mini level base off of "revenge of switches press" could be added as a common sublevel. I'm not arguing that the levels are too short as of now.

- *suggestion* An ASM to change the reward if demo carries an item to the goal. If demo is big, the only worthwhile reward is a 1up.

Edit: Aren't the sibling halls different from the bosses themselves?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

The sibbling halls are basically a replacement for bosses, since we don't have the taskforces to make unique bosses and whatnot.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly

Post by swirlybomb »

alex2 wrote:<Chdata> I have my computer back and pily's files

He then proceeded to /quit.

What an asshole.
Do we know if Pily will still exist as a boss fight? The video(s) from whenever ago look extremely awesome as a boss, to me.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:- *suggestion* An ASM to change the reward if demo carries an item to the goal. If demo is big, the only worthwhile reward is a 1up.
This is a very good suggestion and I will try to get it implemented.
anonymousbl00dlust

Post by anonymousbl00dlust »

Since I've been kinda silent on this forum for a while, I figured I'd just give a small update as to how the final level is going.

In terms of the level itself, the major milestones left for me to cover are music insertion, background insertion, and fixing one final bug with one of my asm gimmicks. I've completely finished my music port except for the volume commands and one odd but short channel. Wyatt said he'd be helping me with this, so it's really just a matter of when we can get together to talk. HuFlungDu said he'd help me with the bug thing on saturday as well, which is extremely generous and awesome on his part. He's been essential to getting this done in the past, and honestly the level wouldn't be the same without his support.

Once that is done, I'll be sending the Bside rom to flameofdoubt who is inserting the backgrounds me and raocow made. During this time I'll have people test out the level and take suggestions on minor tweaks to the obstacles.

After all that, the level will be more or less done. Thing is, if we're doing the Bside idea (due to the absolutely ridiculous size of this thing, there is a 99.999999% that we have no choice), that means I have to do all the programming involved with "linking" the roms. The exact details of what goes on with that are kind of secret at this point, and the people who need to know already do.

Hopefully this clears some things up! Cheers :D!

EDIT: The final ASM gimmick is working flawlessly P.S. HuFlungDu is the best smw hacker of all time.
alex2 wrote:It's all a matter of taste.