(shouting)

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

i am a dog weasel ?!

very yes
50%
yes
23%
no
16%
very no
11%

Total votes: 240

raekuul
D&C 112:13
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: request grab-bag

Post by raekuul »

Oh, is it time for the restatement of oft-requested games again? If so, it's time for me to re-suggest The Universe is Toast by Ceilick... or at least the first part anyway, which is just a mod of Keen 4. Part 2 is a mod of Keen 6, while Part 3 is a mod of Keen 5. There's nowhere to legally download Keen 6 (and nobody seems to be selling it) and Keen 5 is still a commercial game, so raocow may have to just do the first part.

I can also start looking around for mods of the Vorticons series (Keens 1-3) too, that might be a thing.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Jolpengammler
The Friendly Dog
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Jolpengammler »

raocow, you like Megaman, right?
There is a Megaman type of game, called "Rosenkreuzstilette"
It's a japanese game with a German title, now it needs commentary of a French Canadian guy :D
"Ban all the facial hair from life." ~ Horikawa Otane, 2014
"i always run up and down the stairs because i want to die" ~Isocitration, 2016
Camoslash

Post by Camoslash »

Alright raocow, I have got an LP-able thing for you! You may be sick of SMW, but I just wanted to suggest this since our collab at JDCGames is finished, and going to be released by tomorrow around 9am EST. Here is a trailer for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI4F9JpjSVA

We have been working on it for months, and now we are finally done, woo! It features complete Vanilla FGs and BGs, and mostly all sprites are Vanilla, except for the bosses. There is some Map16 Manipulation and HDMA in there as well.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

woah woah woah, another bigscale collab hack? That takes me by surprise!

It's something worth looking into after I get back from getting back from yoshi.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

The lakitu boss seems to be based on Heavy thwomp
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Camoslash

Post by Camoslash »

Heavy Thowmp? Oh, do you mean the Thwomp Boss? I think they were all made with the N00B Boss Sprite thing. I could be wrong though, it may be original coding, I could look into that for you.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Gone through a little over half of it now, and it basically reminds me of SMW FreedomN (or however it was spelled) but more uninteresting. I can't see it making a very thrilling LP at least, simply because a lot of levels end up being samey-samey.

At least the difficulty is reasonable. That's a nice change of pace from most stuff these days.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

I played the first two worlds and it was sort of annoying me. I refuse to believe it's been tested properly. The text (there's quite a bit of this) hasn't been proofread for spelling, grammar and punctuation. The foregrounds are incredibly busy: multiple colours of coins for no reason is bad enough, but there are what are effectively bush tiles coloured and textured as though they were the platforms in some levels. The castles are very lopsided, with the midpoint early then a second half and a boss (with an unskippable cutscene!) to play through. The second boss is somewhat buggy as he disappeared on me. It's alright in other ways, but the levels are a bit unthematic. I don't know if I'll play any more of it.
dont wanna jihad no more
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

morsel/morceau wrote:The foregrounds are incredibly busy: multiple colours of coins for no reason is bad enough, but there are what are effectively bush tiles coloured and textured as though they were the platforms in some levels.
I pointed that out to the head guy of the collab, but was swiftly met with "I disagree and think they work well".

No, see, detail is a good thing. Saturating levels with shit is not. There's a reason why a lot of people are mocking these "Tails_155"-esque hacks nowadays, and it's because they focus on being art projects rather than a game.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

And we all know only having one colored coin is tantamount to game design.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Well, I could have said 'foreground within foreground is bad enough': it's obvious the important thing is the second half of that sentence. The first point I can live with even if I'm not crazy about it because it doesn't affect gameplay.
dont wanna jihad no more
MrDeePay

Post by MrDeePay »

I played up to the second world before stopping. Not because of any (lack of) quality (though the quality is so-so, the castle was pretty stupid, however), but because the hack clearly was not tested in Snes9x since the music crashes on the World 2 map. I'd give hacks released around this time a year ago a free pass since AM4 was still recent, but the fact that some people still use broken songs is something authors really need to test their hacks out on.
Jolpengammler
The Friendly Dog

Post by Jolpengammler »

I think it is very dumb, that some music works in snes9x 1.43, but not in 1.52+
"Ban all the facial hair from life." ~ Horikawa Otane, 2014
"i always run up and down the stairs because i want to die" ~Isocitration, 2016
Camoslash

Post by Camoslash »

His fixing the problems... I know he should have had people test it properly, which there were 3 people who tested it. Guessed they didn't do that good of a job. Nonetheless, we worked pretty hard on it.
Saturn Moriya

Post by Saturn Moriya »

It's not released yet, and I don't think it's really necessary to "request" this, but look at that trailer!
http://youtu.be/xa8ZtzszasU

Your blood their blood serves the same!!
Giant Ninji

Post by Giant Ninji »

agie777 wrote:It's not released yet, and I don't think it's really necessary to "request" this, but look at that trailer!
http://youtu.be/xa8ZtzszasU
That hack featured in that teaser, along with this hack featured in its teaser, are kind of a given of being LPd, if you think about it.
Saturn Moriya

Post by Saturn Moriya »

Dangit shy guy, stop showing off your own trailer!

Yeah, I know it's for sure that both those hacks are getting their turn, but I was just so excited to see that there was still progress going on on that project.

Your blood their blood serves the same!!
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

I'm kind of eager to be able to play TSRPR2R. I know i may sound silly but I remember when I played it for the first time (you know, back in the stone age) what bothered me was having to hear the Mario All-stars music over and oooover again, haha.

S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

agie777 wrote:Dangit shy guy, stop showing off your own trailer.
I actually agree. Stop plastering it everywhere GSG - people have eyes. You're making the project look worse than it is by being so obsessed with shoving it in people's faces in every other post.

As for TSRP2R .. I wouldn't mind seeing it get played. There might even be some fresh new stuff similar to what Thirdspace was in TSRPR.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

S.N.N. wrote:As for TSRP2R .. I wouldn't mind seeing it get played.
Considering that he's LP'd TSRP, TSRPR, TSRP2 (some of these multiple times) I don't really think he's going to skip this one. :P
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Giant Ninji

Post by Giant Ninji »

S.N.N. wrote:
agie777 wrote:Dangit shy guy, stop showing off your own trailer.
I actually agree. Stop plastering it everywhere GSG - people have eyes. You're making the project look worse than it is by being so obsessed with shoving it in people's faces in every other post.
I was just saying that its surprisingly coincidental that two teaser trailers, for two series that would most likely be LPd by Rao, was released at practically at the same time at C3. I wasn't, and isn't, shoving it in front of everybody. It might be in my signature at the Central, but everyone has their C3 thing linked somewhere on their profile (though I have to say I have to find a way to resize that thing without messing up how it looks).

This is the only time, aside from announcing it in the SMWCP2 trailer thread and seeing what people think at the Screenshots and Videos thread for feedback (I have three other trailer projects, with this one being my "best" work, so I want to see criticisms on it to apply to my other projects), that I put it out for no reason other than curious outcome of TSPR2R and SMWCP2 having a teaser.

Sorry for the misunderstanding

(I have to say though, the trailer for 2 Reloaded is way awesome)
~~
@AUS: That's whhat I was trying to say. With Rao playing the whole Reality Projects series, and that he has played all big name collaborations (although...I don't know now with JDC Collab), the two trailers released sometime last weekend are given; being sure that someone will post something about SMWCP2 and it being played.

~~~~

EDIT:

Okay, before I keep forgetting, you should really check out Copy Kitty and Super "Mario" World 2, both released at C3, and both really fun to play through!
peteyboo

Post by peteyboo »

raocow, I request that you use a word you haven't said in a while: jowls
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Giant Ninji wrote: Copy Kitty
that... looks amazing
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Jolpengammler
The Friendly Dog

Post by Jolpengammler »

That Copy Kitty thing looks PERFECT for raocow :D