mario fan games galaxypge projectsmw central

Testing and Development: Deadline-one week after comments

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
alex2
Banned

Re: Testing and Development: Deadline Nov. 17th

Postby alex2 » 8 years ago

Update:
Hyper DaShoes are done. Earthkeeper suit is 99% done. The only thing left to do with them is port them from levelASM to sprite format.

We're working on switching powerups with L. R uses the currently selected powerup. It's a wee bit buggy right now, but we're fixing it right now.

We are also going to hijack the status bar to display which powerup you currently have selected.
Warning: Opinions expressed by alex2 or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of alex2 himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
raocow wrote:a3xt will be my last project, after which I will quit lp forever
SPASM - LevelASM for Yoshi's Island!
My mosts things:

Fireyblaze

Postby Fireyblaze » 8 years ago

limepie20 wrote:Yeah, fireyblaze you lost your level a long while ago. I would go back and try to get back the resources you need for your level.
I kinda guessed that, but I would still enjoy comments and stuff. I'll get the resources in order right now.

Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Postby Septentrion Pleiades » 8 years ago

Here is what I have so far:

I plan on making 3 Levels within a level with similar geography but entirely different environments. You start on the grassland, need to get P switch from Ice caves and use blue doors from grasslands to get to ghost house. I hope that isn't to close to any ideas people already have.

It's going to be 20 screens long as you see(despite cutoff at screen "13")
Also note that I have only vanilla hacking knowledge, so I'm going to need some tutorials linked at some point. The basics do have to be finished before then.

alex2
Banned

Warning: Opinions expressed by alex2 or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of alex2 himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
My mosts things:

Daizo

Postby Daizo » 8 years ago

Well guys, I final fixed all those errors Alex pointed out.

So far:
-Added warnings
-tested with out savestates (of corse)
-Fixed cut off

The Download...again

Enjoy.
My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.

7TC7

Postby 7TC7 » 8 years ago

Ah, hi there thread, how are you doing? Long time no see.

Back with a new level. Hopefully, this time I'll get things done a lot sooner. :?

The Level this time is #005: BLOCK FORT (obvious reference?)
It's the first yellow level on the map and my first problem is, that the level name doesn't appear. Nice way to start things off!

It's gimmick is mostly its pallet and pallet related shananigans (not too many tricks. You can believe what you see, most of the time)
I think it's on the hard side with some quite tricky jumps over certain death and a nice amount of enemies here and there. The locations of the parrot-coins are somewhat off the beaten path and the location of the chest, while quite obvious, is increasingly hard to reach.
And about the end... well, it's there.

Also, something strange happens, when you hit power-up-boxes. Any ideas, how to fix this?

IPS: http://www.mediafire.com/?1ax33z3abb32084
Meet me at YouTube and watch Touhou stuff!

limepie20

Postby limepie20 » 8 years ago

7TC7 wrote:The Level this time is #005: BLOCK FORT (obvious reference?)
It's the first yellow level on the map and my first problem is, that the level name doesn't appear. Nice way to start things off!
This is due to the longer level names patch. If you want to display your name, you have to go into the DATA folder and edit the level names patch and then patch your rom to PATCH.asm.

Argumentable
the biggest shit

Postby Argumentable » 8 years ago

Diddyboy100 wrote:Well guys, I final fixed all those errors Alex pointed out.
I am not sure how I feel about this level. It feels to me like you should either redo the first part to be like the second, or redo the second to be like the first. I liked the first part better, but both need some work.

I think for the first part, you need to have the coins direct you away from the saws a little earlier, or even use those enemies you spin jump on to add to the reaction time.

For the second part, I am not sure why you even bother warning about a glitch when it seems to me like it would be just so much easier to remove the saws that would cause you to get hurt? I mean, they're easy enough to avoid anyway in my opinion, so it wouldn't hurt anything. Then again, I am not sure much could hurt this as I found it really boring compared to the first part

Also it could use a powerup or two IMO
7TC7 wrote: The Level this time is #005: BLOCK FORT (obvious reference?)
I don't see any level named block fort and i don't see any level with no name so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be playing

7TC7

Ah, the smell of failed IPS in the morning...

The right IPS: http://www.mediafire.com/?p9pgf3pdy13fnp8

alex2
Banned

Another update:
Sound effects and dust added to the Hyper DaShoes and Earthkeeper suit. Also some minor bugfixes.
I'm going to update as often as I can because I know I'll neglect to if I don't.
My mosts things:

Cmbheadquarters

Postby Cmbheadquarters » 8 years ago

Well, here is the first part of my level, Air Arena. inspired by Sky Sanctuary, there will be 3 n00b bosses, however I have only gotten the first part done so far.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4JBH3630

Note: Sorry for megaupload, smwc wont upload files for me anymore :L

Pheonix
e before o [not really]

Postby Pheonix » 8 years ago

Got the initial bit of my level done. Not sure where I'll be standing by the 17th, but since I'd have had my level for only a month by that point...?
Also this is probably going to be the first or second level in the ice (or whatever) world, given its relative easiness in comparison to other stuff.
[Also I kinda need to get my level to actually load the sample bank, given that I'm going to be using the snow music here)
pheonix/feenicks/ffeenicxkcs/[indistinguishable from just slamming down on the keyboard]
feenick.tumblr.com

limepie20

Just use SampleTool to put the Sample bank in your level. It's pretty easy to use and there are tutorials. It should say the sample bank you need in the music section of the a2mt wiki.

Paralars

Postby Paralars » 8 years ago

Little update because why not. Sublevel one is finished and glitch free
The bonus path is finished

Things left to do:
Finish last sublevel
Make super rad background image
Maybe re-sprite the floating platforms

Saturn Moriya

Postby Saturn Moriya » 8 years ago

http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/13354/A2MT%2Bpatch.ips

Notes (read before testing!!):
Stuff left to be done: Inserting the Steak Bill graphics, inserting chest in the money cave. I don't know how to do these two things, so if someone could do it for me, it'd be great.

Level information: This level is a reference to VIP1, complete with it's awkward level design. Yes, it's intentional. It's not all the way through, it's only present in the middle. I didn't do it like that so that people go like: "oh my gosh the level design is a VIP1 reference!". It's only there to recreate the nostalgic feel that I have when I play the VIPs. The Banzai Bill will be replaced by a steak (dodge the beefsteak!). The bonus area/secret path is a reference to the MissingNo level, except that it's only a few screens long and really not that hard, because i want my level to be at world 1/2/3 difficulty. The area of the normal goal is a recreation of the ending of Boon's Mechanism Mansion. The music there is also intentional.

Your blood their blood serves the same!!

Paralars

CMB:
cool, another sky level.
The level themes are really ccoming together in a good proportion now.
Anyway, it's nice and crunchy, nice gameplay, the visuals are a tiny bit flat with the stone bricks and nothing else, but I guess when the level is longer that will be fine.
The music and echo effects are neat.

Some specific things:
The first hothead doesn't move, is it supposed to be like that? It feels weird.
The falling spikes are a bit out of place, maybe place some spike tiles near them; moreover, they are stuck in the rocks before they fall down, that looks weird.

There is a somewhat blind jump at the part with the many grey platform sprites next to each other.
When I was on the moving stone block, I scrolled the screen right úntil I saw the coins so I assumed there was ground there, so I guess it isn't that bad.

agie:
Didn't really see anything new since I last played your level, so the things I wrote about that still apply.
What can I say, the screen with the rope has too many sprites on it, I got a glitch where a goomba had no hitbox.

Isocitration

Postby Isocitration » 8 years ago

Argumentable wrote:I refuse to test any levels uploaded to mediafire or megaupload hth
oh ok

...So is that why no one's bothered to test my level yet?

Well then.
raocow wrote:you are dommed iso.

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Postby raocow » 8 years ago

For the record I'd up the thing but I don't know how. I asked tls4 though, let's see what happens~
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ImageImage

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Postby raocow » 8 years ago

limit was bumped up to 1m, hopefully that is enough?!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ImageImage

Argumentable
the biggest shit

Postby Argumentable » 8 years ago

Isocitration wrote:
Argumentable wrote:I refuse to test any levels uploaded to mediafire or megaupload hth
oh ok

...So is that why no one's bothered to test my level yet?
Yes

7TC7

Argumentable wrote: Yes
In that case, in a totally different way...

The level is now inside the original SMW rom, as putting them in the whole base rom is obviously a no-go. Enemy sprites and used blocks are therefore back to their original state, making them look terrible, I guess, but at least it's playable.

Here is two pictures showing what the level actually looks like in the A2MT base rom.
If the need to play the base rom version really occurs, the mediafire link up there in my last post is still a terrible way to do so.

limepie20

I don't like how you used cave dirt tiles in the second picture. It would look better as a solid tile like the rest of them.

SyStemkraSh5642

Postby SyStemkraSh5642 » 8 years ago

Unnamed A2MT level, Weekly Update 1
I don't know if I can embed videos, so here is the link to it on YouTube. If you watch it, feel free to give some feedback, ask questions, or respond at all.
Last edited by SyStemkraSh5642 on 05 Nov 2011, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.

limepie20

I really liked that bonus room. It looked great.

Paralars

I'm done.
It's long and hard and I'm quite satisfied. It's the whole A2MT ROM, because I really didn't want to export all that to a new ROM yet.
The level is the level tile right under yoshi's house, with no level name.

EDIT: This was accidentally posted in T&D and Clearing, my bad.
You can still have a look at it, if you want, though

Return to “A2MT”