(shouting)

Testing and Development: Deadline-one week after comments

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
Isocitration

Re: Testing and Development: Deadline Oct. 28th

Post by Isocitration »

Isocitration wrote:Ok, new update, but with very minor changes.

Download

Basically I made some minor fixes that Diortem pointed out and altered the end of the chest path to be a bit easier. Didn't change the background there though.

I also removed the shortcut pipes at the start because I want to know how difficult finding the alternate paths actually is for the player. Remember that there are two exits and of course the chest to find.

No real change to the vertical segment... I'm thinking of just scrapping it. It was rushed and I'm extremely dissatisfied with it, but I don't have any ideas regarding how to improve it or what I should replace it with. Maybe I should only have one exit and just get rid of it entirely?
Reposting this from two weeks ago. It was only downloaded once (probably by me) and got zero feedback so yeah.

With this new deadline I'm definitely leaning toward just scrapping the vertical section entirely and only having one exit.
raocow wrote:you are dommed iso.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Re: Testing and Development: Deadline Nov. 17th

Post by AUS »

Another IPS, the only changes made so far were to the land masses to make them more connected. It probably looks a bit empty in terms of sprites right now. Here
EDIT: Oops, I just noticed some accidental cutoff and a dragoncoin being destroyed. That won't be in the next version.
EDIT2: Fixed and I changed some other random things. :p
Last edited by AUS 12 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Daizo

Re: Testing and Development: Deadline Oct. 28th

Post by Daizo »

Alex wrote:
Diddyboy100 wrote:What is wrong with you people!

Can you please test this level so I can fix errors
I did. Refer to my previous post to see how I feel about it.

And try not to be so rude. You're not the only one who needs feedback.
Sorry, I didn't notice, and yes I get that way some times.

Also, its suppose to be hard (but also learn a new trick like that dick move I polled off) but I'll make a message in the game to warn you about that.

My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.
Leifytwig123

Post by Leifytwig123 »

Oh crap, the deadline deadline is November 17th!?! Is it okay if I get everything done EXCEPT for the custom graphics and backround because I really doubt that I can get it done in time seeing as I know close to nothing about it at this time. Would someone be willing to help me with it if I described what I wanted to them? Thanks in advance.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who know binary, and those who don't!
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Have a working level, and get it cleared for the gameplay. The graphics can be done while we move on to other things, so that would be fine. We just want a level that could still work otherwise, basically.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Leifytwig123

Post by Leifytwig123 »

Okay, sounds good! I'll be sure to do my best and get my level done as soon as possible!
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who know binary, and those who don't!
shdwdrgnix

Post by shdwdrgnix »

Diortem wrote:shdwdrgnix:
-I didn't get what why the pipe in the Boo boss room teleports you all the way back. Unless I missed something that is a really evil thing to do.
I'll try to fix up the difficulty, also
bring a blue block in thst pipe and you can reach the upper part and thats where the treasure chest will be (blue coin)
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

AUS wrote:Another IPS, the only changes made so far were to the land masses to make them more connected. It probably looks a bit empty in terms of sprites right now. Here
EDIT: Oops, I just noticed some accidental cutoff and a dragoncoin being destroyed. That won't be in the next version.
EDIT2: Fixed and I changed some other random things. :p
I think it's fine so far as sprites go, I wouldn't bother changing it very much. I do think, howerver, that a couple of the jumps can be really difficult. Like this one:
a2mt - aus_00001.png
Also, not even going to comment about the layer 2 scrolling thing (edit: I am, it's kind of difficult but it's fine), it feels really difficult, but there's a bigger issue with it. You can just run to the left and have everything sort of "stop" scrolling, then you get to this part and you can cheese the fuck out of it
a2mt - aus_00000.png
I would find a way to make layer 1 stop scrolling as well?

Lastly, I'm not sure what you were going for with the invisible blocks at the beginning that lead to the door. It's just a shortcut to the goal? It feels more like it should be some kind of secret and not just "oh hey you can skip my level if you want"

I think it's pretty good, though, I'd just tweak the landscape a bit more. Also not sure if I found all the coins or not but I'm pretty sure I did and all of them (except for the one after the goal) were fine. Maybe move said coin to the part where layer 2 scrolls really fast?
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
GanonTEK
Evil King
Location: Ireland. The Emerald Isle. (We got no emeralds though)

Post by GanonTEK »

I think I'll post my level in the clearing thread. No one has suggested I change anything since my last fix and it's been weeks so I want to get the level inserted and stuff :)
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

@Argumentable
Argumentable wrote:Lastly, I'm not sure what you were going for with the invisible blocks at the beginning that lead to the door. It's just a shortcut to the goal?
*FACE PALM OF EPIC*
Not toward you, toward myself. It, uh, erg. I'm not even going to explain myself, I screwed up where it leads. *is shot*
Fixed
@Everything else you said, thanks and stuff. :P
Oh, and for cheesing it, I don't know how to make layer 1 stop aswell. I tried a normal autoscroll but it didn't let the other autoscroll activate, but I did make a punishment for cheesing it being death if you get too far and aren't tooling the heck out of it.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Fireyblaze

Post by Fireyblaze »

I am not even sure I still have a level (My last reminder was August 25) , but it has been complete for a while. (September 14th?) My internet was cut off at my house, so I couldn't upload it immediately. It was turned back on 2 weeks ago, but I didn't really immediately snap to the fact that I was late. (I really didn't even check this site either.) Gonna post up my level even though I might not have a level now. I'm sure you can find a place for it, right?
WrathfulRomp.zip
Any critiques would be good. The name is still not final either.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

If it's good, considering where we are at in the project, we could always just put it in a new level slot.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Yeah, fireyblaze you lost your level a long while ago. I would go back and try to get back the resources you need for your level.
Fireyblaze

Post by Fireyblaze »

limepie20 wrote:Yeah, fireyblaze you lost your level a long while ago. I would go back and try to get back the resources you need for your level.
I kinda guessed that, but I would still enjoy comments and stuff. I'll get the resources in order right now.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Here is what I have so far:

I plan on making 3 Levels within a level with similar geography but entirely different environments. You start on the grassland, need to get P switch from Ice caves and use blue doors from grasslands to get to ghost house. I hope that isn't to close to any ideas people already have.

It's going to be 20 screens long as you see(despite cutoff at screen "13")
Also note that I have only vanilla hacking knowledge, so I'm going to need some tutorials linked at some point. The basics do have to be finished before then.
Daizo

Post by Daizo »

Well guys, I final fixed all those errors Alex pointed out.

So far:
-Added warnings
-tested with out savestates (of corse)
-Fixed cut off

The Download...again

Enjoy.

My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.
7TC7
Squanshy Cat
Pronouns: he

Post by 7TC7 »

Ah, hi there thread, how are you doing? Long time no see.

Back with a new level. Hopefully, this time I'll get things done a lot sooner. :?

The Level this time is #005: BLOCK FORT (obvious reference?)
It's the first yellow level on the map and my first problem is, that the level name doesn't appear. Nice way to start things off!

It's gimmick is mostly its pallet and pallet related shananigans (not too many tricks. You can believe what you see, most of the time)
I think it's on the hard side with some quite tricky jumps over certain death and a nice amount of enemies here and there. The locations of the parrot-coins are somewhat off the beaten path and the location of the chest, while quite obvious, is increasingly hard to reach.
And about the end... well, it's there.

Also, something strange happens, when you hit power-up-boxes. Any ideas, how to fix this?

IPS: http://www.mediafire.com/?1ax33z3abb32084
Meet me at YouTube and watch Touhou stuff!
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

7TC7 wrote:The Level this time is #005: BLOCK FORT (obvious reference?)
It's the first yellow level on the map and my first problem is, that the level name doesn't appear. Nice way to start things off!
This is due to the longer level names patch. If you want to display your name, you have to go into the DATA folder and edit the level names patch and then patch your rom to PATCH.asm.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Diddyboy100 wrote:Well guys, I final fixed all those errors Alex pointed out.
I am not sure how I feel about this level. It feels to me like you should either redo the first part to be like the second, or redo the second to be like the first. I liked the first part better, but both need some work.

I think for the first part, you need to have the coins direct you away from the saws a little earlier, or even use those enemies you spin jump on to add to the reaction time.

For the second part, I am not sure why you even bother warning about a glitch when it seems to me like it would be just so much easier to remove the saws that would cause you to get hurt? I mean, they're easy enough to avoid anyway in my opinion, so it wouldn't hurt anything. Then again, I am not sure much could hurt this as I found it really boring compared to the first part

Also it could use a powerup or two IMO
7TC7 wrote: The Level this time is #005: BLOCK FORT (obvious reference?)
I don't see any level named block fort and i don't see any level with no name so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be playing
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
7TC7
Squanshy Cat
Pronouns: he

Post by 7TC7 »

Ah, the smell of failed IPS in the morning...

The right IPS: http://www.mediafire.com/?p9pgf3pdy13fnp8
Meet me at YouTube and watch Touhou stuff!
Cmbheadquarters

Post by Cmbheadquarters »

Well, here is the first part of my level, Air Arena. inspired by Sky Sanctuary, there will be 3 n00b bosses, however I have only gotten the first part done so far.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4JBH3630

Note: Sorry for megaupload, smwc wont upload files for me anymore :L
Pheonix
still the harpy guy

Post by Pheonix »

Got the initial bit of my level done. Not sure where I'll be standing by the 17th, but since I'd have had my level for only a month by that point...?
Also this is probably going to be the first or second level in the ice (or whatever) world, given its relative easiness in comparison to other stuff.
[Also I kinda need to get my level to actually load the sample bank, given that I'm going to be using the snow music here)
pheonix/feenicks/ffeenicxkcs
https://twitter.com/ffeenixcks
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Just use SampleTool to put the Sample bank in your level. It's pretty easy to use and there are tutorials. It should say the sample bank you need in the music section of the a2mt wiki.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

Little update because why not. Sublevel one is finished and glitch free
The bonus path is finished

Things left to do:
Finish last sublevel
Make super rad background image
Maybe re-sprite the floating platforms
Saturn Moriya

Post by Saturn Moriya »

http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/13354/A2MT%2Bpatch.ips

Notes (read before testing!!):
Stuff left to be done: Inserting the Steak Bill graphics, inserting chest in the money cave. I don't know how to do these two things, so if someone could do it for me, it'd be great.

Level information: This level is a reference to VIP1, complete with it's awkward level design. Yes, it's intentional. It's not all the way through, it's only present in the middle. I didn't do it like that so that people go like: "oh my gosh the level design is a VIP1 reference!". It's only there to recreate the nostalgic feel that I have when I play the VIPs. The Banzai Bill will be replaced by a steak (dodge the beefsteak!). The bonus area/secret path is a reference to the MissingNo level, except that it's only a few screens long and really not that hard, because i want my level to be at world 1/2/3 difficulty. The area of the normal goal is a recreation of the ending of Boon's Mechanism Mansion. The music there is also intentional.

Your blood their blood serves the same!!