(shouting)

New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Fapnoob

New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

Post by Fapnoob »

New day, new A side.
Promising start so far. With all due respect to the creators, its fun to see all the bad levels :D
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: New SMWC contest thingy: the series.

Post by raocow »

You could at least have given it a proper name!!!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Rameau's Nephew

Re: New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

Post by Rameau's Nephew »

Speaking of proper names, I fear you made an error in today's video, raocow. The designer's name is Lespna1, yet you refer to him at one point as Poopface1. Those aren't even similar at all.
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

It's a pretty rare dialect.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

A ninth door, you say? Anyone got a headcount on Beloved Tomboyish Daughters?
dont wanna jihad no more
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Ever since you got partnered with Machinima, it seems like you've been trying to make people forget that you're playing on an emulator. Is that just me, or have you been making an honest effort to do that for the sake of legitimacy?

morsel/morceau wrote:A ninth door, you say? Anyone got a headcount on Beloved Tomboyish Daughters?
I was thinking the same thing. As soon as he explained the contest, I was hoping for an edited door select room that went 1, 2, ⑨.
Test Pilot Monkey

Post by Test Pilot Monkey »

The lowest ranking 'level' is not a troll but one that misunderstood the concept? This is unfamiliar territory here.
raocow

Post by raocow »

One of the first official message that I got was to avoid showing the emulator because it would reveal my name, etc, but after reading that I figured I'd go all out, just of the heck of it.
Giygas60659

Post by Giygas60659 »

raocow wrote:One of the first official message that I got was to avoid showing the emulator because it would reveal my name, etc, but after reading that I figured I'd go all out, just of the heck of it.
Well that's weird. We've seen your name plenty of times, and your last name is on your web comics anyway so I guess it doesn't matter.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

raocow wrote:One of the first official message that I got was to avoid showing the emulator because it would reveal my name, etc, but after reading that I figured I'd go all out, just of the heck of it.
Reveal your name? I've never noticed....
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Test Pilot Monkey

Post by Test Pilot Monkey »

Sebby19 wrote: Reveal your name? I've never noticed....
I remember it showing up once and raocow saying something like, "Oh man, my real name!" so I guess you didn't see that video.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Little fact about this last place level and why it is so low:
S.N.N. wrote:Fun fact: this was the exact same sublevel that the author submitted as an attempt to fit into SMWCP, hence why he spams the world 3 boss throughout it.

To those who thought genuine effort went into this, allow me to confirm that none went in at all. He didn't even bother specifically designing a new level for this contest.
A further note is that this hacker has been on the hacking scene for longer than I have (that is, over seven years now) and his skills have not improved at all. It's almost .. incredibly sad from my point of view. Like, I genuinely feel bad for him.
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

I honestly have to say that I am slightly disappointed that you decided to play the contest levels cause I thought that we would get to see one of the hacks like Hyper VI or Mario Gives Up 2!
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
MrDeePay

Post by MrDeePay »

If you insist on this series without dragging it out, I would go with what some people say at the end of Vanilla '10; that being doing the bottom 10 and Top 20.

With that said, don't touch my entry at all. I asked to have it unranked because of a misinterpretation of the rules.
The lowest ranking 'level' is not a troll but one that misunderstood the concept? This is unfamiliar territory here.
Several low-mid ranking entries scored what they did because of what they misinterpreted the rules.
Yonowaaru

Post by Yonowaaru »

It's no problem, we all knew your real name was Hououin Kyouma.
GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Mineyl

Post by Mineyl »

For those curious about raocow's suspicion, I can confirm that this is one of the beta versions of the SMWCP base ROM from before the coin counter was changed to five digits and the score was done away with.

Kinda' sad to see it, really...but as SNN said, there was no effort put into this at all.
raocow wrote:I don't know what it means, but you're screaming at me and I'm used to that.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

How exactly do you misinterpret the idea? It's like... pretty simple
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
raocow

Post by raocow »

MrDeePay wrote:If you insist on this series without dragging it out, I would go with what some people say at the end of Vanilla '10; that being doing the bottom 10 and Top 20.

With that said, don't touch my entry at all. I asked to have it unranked because of a misinterpretation of the rules.
Several low-mid ranking entries scored what they did because of what they misinterpreted the rules.
I was thinking all three unranked (two disqualified and yours) at the end or something, would you mind if I played it in that context?
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I just want to say that these contests have become to me among the least favorite of raocow's LPs. Seeing all these low-ranking levels and wondering why they're even here and then making fun of them isn't enjoyable for me, especially how long the last contest video series dragged on. raocow himself said during the later part of it that it was losing its taste.

But I'll check in occasionally to see if there's something particular interesting going on.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

The vanilla bowser brought back some bad memories.

also, no comment on the level. Just kidding; it was really bad.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Ah man! If I had known that raocow was going to do this contest (and if I had known this contest existed) I would have made a terrible level with horrible palettes and threw in tons of blatant references and an automated level!

Actually, that wasn't very funny the first time, so I probably wouldn't have. Oh well, here's to a start of a new thing.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Uh... We've seen your name multiple times, Samuel.
Heck, the back of the comics even say your city.
McGack

Post by McGack »

id almost prefer a troll level if it werent for the whole making your eyes bleed thing that comes with them
Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing »

Relevant reading, I guess, Official Event Topic what with all the rules, Topic where people submitted entries, and Critique Notes for the entries arranged by submitter's name alphabetically.
S.N.N. wrote:To those who thought genuine effort went into this, allow me to confirm that none went in at all. He didn't even bother specifically designing a new level for this contest.
raocow wrote:I was thinking all three unranked (two disqualified
Okay, I'm curious- do I want to know what was necessary to achieve disqualification now, or should I wait until the disqualified entries come up to actually hear about that? 'Cause I mean, when the rule is that one is to make a hack within 24 hours, and then you don't actually make a hack in those 24 hours, it sounds to me like this hack should have been disqualified. I assume the two are either god awful or just ended up submitting after the deadline passed.

Also

Anyone want to say anything about how they ranked the entries that were tied this time around?
raocow wrote:Next LP project - the entire hunter/scorpion series in chronological order
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

If anyone mentions why they're disqualified, please spoiler that. ;)
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist