Testing and Development: Deadline-one week after comments

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Testing and Development: Deadline Sep. 15th

Post by Tails_155 »

The yellows should be grayer, less yellow, more "purple" -- brownish gray, but still with an apparent yellow to them.
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
shdwdrgnix

Post by shdwdrgnix »

small little status report:
there are 3 things left for me to fix up

- fill in those empty spot in the first area 0% done

-The sprite memory error issue 0% done ( although its either 0 or 100)

-fix the Map16 interior=100% YI outside=25%
keckcellent

Post by keckcellent »

Trying to get into the swing of things again. If anyone else would like me to test their level that I missed, let me know.

Tails155 (and a little ProfessorDemetri):
I don't think much as changed since the last time I tested other than the Rock Monsters & the chest area. The rock monsters are amazing looking. The one issue I had with the level was the chest portion. If you are big and hop onto the top platform, the invisible ceiling is going to move you. I was shoved into the wall and killed. You may need to move it down one.
Ometeotl:
Some of my general issues with this level still exist but I will only mention new things. For example, if you are on the wall between the first and second firebar, you get some sprite memory error. I had part of the first firebar disappear. It happened again in the second sublevel. By the way, I personally find it easier to spinjump off the boomarang in the top section than use the Toaster Birdo's toast. I think the P-Switch run at the end is a bit hard (don't know if I mentioned this earlier). Moving the top megaspike up one could help the difficulty. Also, I find myself jumping into the Bro even know I know he's going to jump.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

IMPORTANT BASEROM UPDATE
Read the post here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1224&p=109835#p109835

This is required to be able to use the new parrot coins.
ProfessorDemetri

Post by ProfessorDemetri »

I was going to add the parrot coin snibbit to the OP, but ya beat me to it. lol

Shadow, I think I found something that will work for yours. I'm just in the process of exgfxing it, and adding the palette to your tiles already. Yo. lol

CMB, so that looks really neato, but the purples really blend into each other. I find the FG just getting lost in the BG. Maybe lighten up the FG or darken the BG. One or the other.
If you need help with anything, contact me on my skype: Demekun
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Tails_155 »

So, just an extended cave, then?

any suggestions for it?
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
Cmbheadquarters

Post by Cmbheadquarters »

ProfessorDemetri wrote:I was going to add the parrot coin snibbit to the OP, but ya beat me to it. lol

Shadow, I think I found something that will work for yours. I'm just in the process of exgfxing it, and adding the palette to your tiles already. Yo. lol

CMB, so that looks really neato, but the purples really blend into each other. I find the FG just getting lost in the BG. Maybe lighten up the FG or darken the BG. One or the other.
Problem. the clouds and the collum plants have the same pallete.
ProfessorDemetri

CMB: Not if you map16 them out. You can change their palettes if you use map16.
I still think you should do that...
Cmbheadquarters

I've made quite the progress. Half way done already.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

I don't like the bright purple palette the coins, some turn blocks, and the logs use. It's just too bright and kind of sticks out. I suggest dulling them down a bit (not too much. They would still look good a bit brighter than everything else).
Cmbheadquarters

Kay.... anything about the level itself?
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

I can't really judge gameplay through a picture, sorry. There doesn't seem to be anything bad in the picture.
Diortem

Post by Diortem »

Here's my current concept for level 137. It's far from finished, but I wanted to post some of the progress I made:

Level 137:
The main level is a slippery ice level. Which goes a bit silly on the generators. As the level was based on Chillout2 some of the people may recognize it, with a different palette and some changed parts in the landscape.
Level137_Initial.png
The last section has a custom combined generator of fish, Super Koopas & Bullet Bills. Though, I might need to slow the generators down a bit as this is going really berserk at the moment. XD
A2MT004.png
Sublevel 1C8 (The Yoshi Wings part):
Since my level uses custom ASM to burn ice blocks with Yoshi's fireballs I was planning on have a winged Yoshi to guide you through some sections with ice walls. Btw. I thought it would be nice if this sublevel ends at the entry of castle/fortress. So maybe this level can come just before said castle.

The first section will contain LightSlei's level (still needs to be imported). Because his level was a lot about vertical platforms in a rope/space environment I thought that would fit here. That's why I tried to merge the most of the sprites he used into a custom sprite pack (although I removed the Thwomp as I've seen it too many times already :P, and the Ball 'n Chain cause it glitches Yoshi's graphics). Yes, I know Yoshi can eat most of them, even the statues, but that can lead to interesting situations. All the tile set specific sprites shown here are compatible thanks to the custom ExGFXs.
Level1C8_Tileset_Specific_Sprite_Concept.png
Since Yoshi will be obligatory here the midway point will be at the beginning of this sublevel, so you don't need to get Yoshi+Wings all over again after a death. Lastly, a second triple generator will come into action here: Diagonal Bills, Bowser Statue Fire, and Eeries (possible in wave motion). XD
Cmbheadquarters

@Diortem: I love the slopey part... looks very "exiting."

However I think the pallete could be revamped a bit, (I'm talkin' sprites, more "Frozen." Especially the Monty Moles.)
shdwdrgnix

Post by shdwdrgnix »

When cold, make sure to dress warmly.ips
updated and fixed all issues.

Also I have'nt finished fixing up the map16 for the first area yet, but it will be the next thing I will focus on.
ProfessorDemetri

Dior: So... sad to say, I really hate that palette... reminds me of cake, instead of ice. Especially the generic ice blue blocks. I'd think about changing it to resemble something more blue, and less pale..
But that could just be me lol Other then the palette, the rest of the level looks fine. :)

Shadow: Been abit of a delay, but I got your background when I get home from work. Thanks for being patient.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

diortem:
That's certainly a CHILLout, it looks very solid to me.
The ice palette, yeah it doesn't look that much like ice, it's a bit too blue.
You should play around with that a bit, maybe make a sublevel translucent, you know.
But in my opinion you can leave it like that, the palette isn't perfect but it's good.
By the way, I think I recall there being a little optional underground sublevel in this original level, are you using that?
Diortem

Post by Diortem »

I guess we all agree the palette wasn't the best choice. So I'll see to a change, but one person likes it blue better yet another thinks it's too blue all the same. This is going to get difficult. XD I was actually trying to avoid the default ice palette, but it seems like there's not too much I can think of to make it different.

Also, the cave level will be in there (hence some of the pipes on the overworld), but it was too far from showing anything decent that I left it as it is right now.
ProfessorDemetri

Yeah, if you could make a level with those fantastic see through patterns, that would be amazing.

Also, progress on my own level...
Level1A4.png
No sprites yet, those will come later when I have them ExGFX'd out to be more CV-y.
This is the sublevel I'm using for my chest. You spawn on the far right, and move over to the far left.
The chest will be at the far left with the paintings.
Also, the skulls in the background, with the black inside them, that black actually pulses red. It's pretty neato beans lol
Diortem

Post by Diortem »

Ah, transparant stuff looks really good. I'll look into that. ^_^ Although, I wonder how that will work for the bridge sections. In any case, thanks for the info and time to experiment.

Demetri:
The graphics work out look great, there's no doubt about that. It reminds me a bit of Alien somehow. Quite creepy stuff, but very nicely worked out indeed. What kind of enemies were you going to put up here? XD
ProfessorDemetri

Dior:
You don't recognize the graphics, bro?
It's Castlevania lol. I'm doing a huge Castlevania grand castle theme thing. lol
So enemies are going to be things like skeletons... medusa heads, other undead things, I was thinking werewolves lol
Also, another section...
This is the final, offical section, as the one afterwards is only like a causeway up to, I'm assuming, a boss lol.
Level1A2.png
Cmbheadquarters

I'm confused.... Why is there a layer 2 falls in a horizantal level? :@
Diortem

Post by Diortem »

Deme:
Yes, I know. Or at least I figured that from the previous shots you've shown me. But somehow the overall look made me think of that. That's just what I was on my mind. :)

Ah, those are pretty interesting enemies. Medusas could work as Eerie sprites, but I can't think directly of Werewolf replacements (Chucks perhaps?).
Cmbhq:
I know your level isn't yet completed, but here's what I noticed so far. Perhaps you already fixed some of these, or still haven't finished some of the sections yet.
-What is that Bouncing Chuck doing? If you wait on the platform below, it just jumps to its death.
-Some cutoff issues:
Dragon coin on the wooden bridge breaks the top segment
The 'Fire flower' shows up behind the the wooden bridge log, this looks really weird...
-Above the fire flower on the log you can walk on the purple radish, but below the green platform. I did this by accident it.
-There's too little time to do this level without the midway point
-The midway point launches you off the platform and plunges you into the pit if you don't react directly. For a level startup this is rather unfair in my opinion.
-After the rail ends the platform follows a second ramp, out of nowhere.