Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
morsel/morceau

Re: Testing and Development: Deadline Aug. 4th

Post by morsel/morceau »

Karatekid5 wrote: Download Link
00D - Demo Kong Country_00001.png
00D - Demo Kong Country_00004.png
00D - Demo Kong Country_00003.png
If you're in a barrel, you can't get hurt. Is that on purpose?

Honestly, you did a great job on this level. It should be one of the highlights of the hack imo. Do you need a time limit at all? (DKC levels don't have timelimits)- I had just enough time for everything though.
dont wanna jihad no more
Cmbheadquarters

Post by Cmbheadquarters »

Slit08 wrote:CMBheadquarters:
Your stage is pretty well done:
- I like the graphics like the color scheme of the pipes or the background in some areas.
- Your level is pretty long, but also pretty diversified which is a good thing since it never gets boring.
- The difficulty level is pretty balanced and though it tends to be rather challenging it never becomes unfair.
- However, your time limit is way too strict. If you search for all of the parrot coins and play the stage for the first time you won't pass the level in time. I would suggest to bump it up (maybe 100 extra seconds).
- The second nitpick I have to point out would be the lack of power-ups at the start of your stage. You don't get any Mushrooms before you reach the pipe to the underwater area. Just put a box with a power-up right at the start of your stage.
- I cannot find the chest. Did you already include it?
It's well hidden. read the message box, and remember some blocks infulence others. (PS, we don't have the chests yet, only tile 330.
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Tails_155 »

Also with my "done" level, if anyone has a suggestion for where to put the chest, let me know.
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
Karatekid5
Welcome to the resort!

Post by Karatekid5 »

morsel/morceau wrote:Honestly, you did a great job on this level. It should be one of the highlights of the hack imo. Do you need a time limit at all? (DKC levels don't have timelimits)- I had just enough time for everything though.
Thank you very much! Also, I included a time limit since most other levels do, even though most DKC levels don't have them. As for the barrels, it is intended that you can't be harmed while inside them.

Also, here's the newest IPS! Fixed all of the problems you found. Also, thank you for catching the ceiling slope thing, I didn't notice that the tile had the wrong interaction properties in that room, since it was working like it should in the main area.

Download Link
Yoshi Ambassador!
keckcellent

Post by keckcellent »

Tails: This is the level you made for Hacks201, right? Anyway,
Its good. The only place I can think of putting a chest is above the pipe you exit after the underground area. You need to pick up the springboard again and take it with you to access the area.
Karatekid5:
I enjoyed the level. To be honest, I'm not too crazy about the barrel sprite because its a bit more quirky than the DKC barrels and most folks are programmed with the DKC barrels but you designed your level in such a way that its only a minor aggravation. There was some cutoff in the level where the vines connected with the corners and at the upside down corners but minor stuff. The spikes were hard to see against the background. There were also some blind jumps, mostly into the rocks that the vultures spit out.

Once you got into the factory area, if you are standing on the oil drums when they ignite, it only displays the top part of the fire graphics. I assume you are using a large number of ExAnimation slots and GFX space for the conveyor belts but if you can manipulate the GFX so that the fire use on ExAnimation slot, I believe you won't have this issue. Also, I had a lot of difficulty getting through the 3 oil drums together without getting a hit. I believe its possible to do so but just make sure of it.

Finally, and this is my opinion so others may disagree, part of me wants some graphical consistency between the DKC sprites and the A2MT sprites. I don't know if you can make the Zinger more cartoony like the barrel and the vulture.
Cmbheadquarters: Is there any chance you can upload your IPSes to your SMWC file bin and link to it rather than use Megaupload? I just find MegaUpload to be a huge pain in the butt. Because of which, I haven't played your most recent version but the one before that -
I think this is the crappiest level in A2MT. Its your own fault for making a level in the sewers. :D Sorry, couldn't resist. The improvements you made were nice. The treasure chest, in my opinion, was a little too easy to find once I read the message block. In fact, I accidentally found it after a spin jump. Also, you worked on the cuffoff but theres still a little floating about. Just watch where two pipes intersect. Thats where there is some.
I submitted a link to my ips without any feedback. I don't know if its coming or not but I'm going to post it here again. http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/9440/A2MT%2BLevel%2B21.zip. Some things are far from being complete, notably the graphics and midboss, but I would love some general level design feedback. Thanks!
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

Indeed it is, and I thought of that area, but your suggestion works better for how to do it :D
Lobster_Horde

Post by Lobster_Horde »

My level, Painting the Treehouse, is mostly finished, except for addition of the music, some enemies in a few of the coin rooms, and some additional, nonvanilla stuff. Where the extra things will be inserted, there are two logs, one above the other and without ends, for testing purposes. There is also an extra silver p-switch for the same reason.

Please let me know if I'm heading in the right direction with this level. I'm including a IPS file, which will hopefully work this time.

Please let me know what you think of my level so far, and please don't be afraid to share anything you may find wrong with it.

http://files.chemicalservers.com/downlo ... fn=PTT.zip

A big thanks to CheeseofDoom for all his help.
Last edited by Lobster_Horde 12 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
Cheeseofdoom

Post by Cheeseofdoom »

Lobster_Horde wrote: Please let me know what you think of my level so far, and please don't be afraid to share anything you may find wrong with it.
Okay, what you want to do instead of uploading .mwl files is this:

-Download Lunar IPS here: http://www.smwcentral.net/download.php? ... type=tools
-Create an .ips file.
-Upload it here so we can patch it and play it.
Lobster_Horde

Post by Lobster_Horde »

Cheeseofdoom wrote: Okay, what you want to do instead of uploading .mwl files is this:

-Download Lunar IPS here: http://www.smwcentral.net/download.php? ... type=tools
-Create an .ips file.
Thank you for the instructions, I have updated my original post accordingly.
Cheeseofdoom

Post by Cheeseofdoom »

Lobster_Horde wrote:
Cheeseofdoom wrote: Okay, what you want to do instead of uploading .mwl files is this:

-Create an .ips file.
Thank you for the instructions, I have updated my original post accordingly.
Hmmm, don't think that worked right....

Make sure you select a clean rom first, as in no modifications, and then select your changed rom.

Right now, demo has a messed up "SMW Vanilla" palette, one of the levels is a vanilla forest level, with water level settings, and it's on the vanilla overworld.
Karatekid5
Welcome to the resort!

Post by Karatekid5 »

keckcellent wrote:Karatekid5:
I enjoyed the level. To be honest, I'm not too crazy about the barrel sprite because its a bit more quirky than the DKC barrels and most folks are programmed with the DKC barrels but you designed your level in such a way that its only a minor aggravation. There was some cutoff in the level where the vines connected with the corners and at the upside down corners but minor stuff. The spikes were hard to see against the background. There were also some blind jumps, mostly into the rocks that the vultures spit out.

Once you got into the factory area, if you are standing on the oil drums when they ignite, it only displays the top part of the fire graphics. I assume you are using a large number of ExAnimation slots and GFX space for the conveyor belts but if you can manipulate the GFX so that the fire use on ExAnimation slot, I believe you won't have this issue. Also, I had a lot of difficulty getting through the 3 oil drums together without getting a hit. I believe its possible to do so but just make sure of it.

Finally, and this is my opinion so others may disagree, part of me wants some graphical consistency between the DKC sprites and the A2MT sprites. I don't know if you can make the Zinger more cartoony like the barrel and the vulture.
I'm glad you enjoyed it! The barrel cannons are from the SMWC sprite section, and I don't know how to fix them to feel less "quirky", though, it could just be how the barrels are on SMW's engine instead of DKC's. I didn't use too many barrels for that reason.
One of them seemed kinda blind because of a Zinger, so I added a small trail of coins that'll allow a safer drop to the rope below. The spikes were easy for me to see, despite the palette, so it could be a difference in screen brightness. Though, they use the same palette as the lighter vines.
As for the oil drums, I couldn't fix the ExAnimation due to the amount of tiles they used. The only displaying of the top is because of the framerate differences when the hurt animation happens. The group of 3 oil drums isn't too hard to do, but I'll remove the two upside down drill roses (piranha plants) to make it easier. Then the player will only have to time it with the fire.
Finally, for the Zingers. Terry von Feleday made the GFX for the barrels and enemies. I PM'd him to ask about redrawing the Zingers, but I haven't heard back from him, so I put the normal Zinger graphics in for now.
Yoshi Ambassador!
Cmbheadquarters

Post by Cmbheadquarters »

I think all the sprites should have a2mty graphics, FOR EXAMPLE, the neckys could have one eye?
ProfessorDemetri

Post by ProfessorDemetri »

Tails_155 wrote:One was a simple transfer, the other is a full new level. I got permission to transfer the level from raocow after the project it was attached to fell through.
This one, by the way, Demitri, is the one I need the rock monsters for. It's practically done except the music and regraphicking...
In short, yes and no. I am submitting two levels within the same timeframe, but one level has technically been done for months.
*Shot*
Look at me, being all defensive lol.
Speaking of which, thanks for reminding me... man, I totally forgot. It's been hectic.
I'll get that done for you real soon. :)

Also... Lobster.
What? Why wont we be able to add your level to A2MT? We're not patching anything. We're inserting your level, along with your other files, graphics, music, map16, whatever else, and kinda manually putting it in? I'm totally lost at what you're talking about, and what the problem is...
Please explain? :)
If you need help with anything, contact me on my skype: Demekun
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

ProfessorDemetri wrote:*Shot*
Look at me, being all defensive lol.
Speaking of which, thanks for reminding me... man, I totally forgot. It's been hectic.
I'll get that done for you real soon. :)

Also... Lobster.
What? Why wont we be able to add your level to A2MT? We're not patching anything. We're inserting your level, along with your other files, graphics, music, map16, whatever else, and kinda manually putting it in? I'm totally lost at what you're talking about, and what the problem is...
Please explain? :)
Uh...? Now I'm confused, too.

It may just be me, but I can't tell if there was sarcasm in that or not... Or if you were talking to me? I am really confused by your post and who you're talking to.

What did I remind you?
Last edited by Tails_155 12 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
tenta
First name: Alex

Post by tenta »

My simple beginner Editor guy level is going SLOWLY..mainly because i was not at home...just came back and i don't think the level will be ready for the deadline.....would be great if you can give me some more time.
keckcellent

Post by keckcellent »

Tails_155 wrote:Uh...? Now I'm confused, too.

It may just be me, but I can't tell if there was sarcasm in that or not... Or if you were talking to me? I am really confused by your post and who you're talking to.

What did I remind you?
The first paragraph was to you. The second paragraph was to Lobster_Horde. And I believed you reminded ProfessorDemetri that she needs to finish up your Rock Monster Chuck.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

My name is lobster
tenta wrote:just came back and i don't think the level will be ready for the deadline.....would be great if you can give me some more time.
Try showing what you have so far. I don't think anybody will care if it's not much, I've seen "updates" that are just two screens worth of stuff

Simon
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Karatekid5
Welcome to the resort!

Post by Karatekid5 »

Newest IPS! Fixed some of the stuff Keckcellent mentioned, plus I managed to fix the ExAnimation for the oil drum flames! I also added the slope fix block for a couple of the slanted pipes.

Download Link
Yoshi Ambassador!
TomPhanto

Post by TomPhanto »

http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/9567/A2MT109.ips

I completely redid the second part, because I felt the level was too generic.
Keys are important. When a key is lost, all madness shall break loose.
tenta
First name: Alex

Post by tenta »

I would like to post some screenshots but i noticed that i don't have the unmodified version of Super mario world and i can't find Super Mario World(U) anywhere since i used my hack to make the level and save it as a level file.
Lobster_Horde

Post by Lobster_Horde »

ProfessorDemetri: I have hopefully fixed the problems.

ProfessorDemetri: I have been informed by Cheeseofdoom that something is wrong with the IPS patch that I originally uploaded. Thus, I have removed it and am corresponding with him to create a workable one. If you would like me to upload what I currently have and/or what I originally uploaded, I will, but there may well be problems, as noted in Cheeseofdoom's post above.
Last edited by Lobster_Horde 12 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
DarkBones

Post by DarkBones »

Well, since I've been having creative block lately, I think I'll just reuse an old level from another (cancelled and unreleased) collab. Here's some pics:
https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/2907107 ... 9?h=f23026

Well, should I use this one, or just try to make a brand new level?
Cheeseofdoom

Post by Cheeseofdoom »

DarkBones wrote:Well, since I've been having creative block lately, I think I'll just reuse an old level from another (cancelled and unreleased) collab. Here's some pics:
https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/2907107 ... 9?h=f23026

Well, should I use this one, or just try to make a brand new level?

That's not acceptable. I'm sorry you're having a creative block, as I have been as well, but if you're going to participate in the hack, you need to put some effort into designing a new level.

Please :D
shdwdrgnix

Post by shdwdrgnix »

Alright I just finished the last part of my level, allI need to do now is change the Graphics for the first area, and then I'll get some screenshots up.

Edit: heres whats new so far:

http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/1737/Level092.png

and for the graphic change, note that it isn't done yet, so there are many things wrong.

http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/1737/Level009.png
ProfessorDemetri

Post by ProfessorDemetri »

keckcellent wrote:
Tails_155 wrote:Uh...? Now I'm confused, too.

What did I remind you?
The first paragraph was to you. The second paragraph was to Lobster_Horde. And I believed you reminded ProfessorDemetri that she needs to finish up your Rock Monster Chuck.
This. lulz.
Yeah, just that I need to do the rock chuck, I totally forgot about that... Eehm, yeah. I'll have this done in the next few days... Sorry to be confusing. :oops:

Lobster: Oh I see. It's okay, there no point in uploading a messed up .ips. But that should be an easy fix, no? Just save your files, like .mwl, exgfx, map16, blah blah blah. Then go and patch a new smw rom with a2mt, then insert your files from above, badaboom, you've fixed the problem? Unless I'm not understanding... which could very likely be the case lol :lol:

Shadow: So I'm liking the screen shots. Playing it would be great. But just an idea... Why are you giving a feather at the very end? That wont carry over into other levels, as the next level, Demo will just start small anyway... And I'm not 100% on the muncher placement... Like I said, I'll have to play it. Also... Is there any particular reason why there isn't a background?
If you need help with anything, contact me on my skype: Demekun