(shouting)

Credits List inclusions?

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
ProfessorDemetri

Credits List inclusions?

Post by ProfessorDemetri »

Hello everyone. Long time no talk. Hope everything is well. Yadda yadda.
Let's get down to business.
I'm making the credits level for the game, and as such I need a list of everyone that should be included. I can get the members for all the levels that were made, that's no problem, but me and lime were talking and we agreed there should be other things that were included also. Here's what he thought should be included.
Spoiler'd for room.
raocow - For inspiring this whole game

limepie20 - A2MT Manager

SyStemkraSh5642 - baserom guy

Chdata - former ASM Coordinator guy, Story editor

Tails_155 - former A2MT Manager

flameofdoubt - former A2MT Manager and rom compiler

DaxterSpeed - Helped make this site!

VIdeoGuy - Made this site!

Terry von Feleday - GFX Coordinator guy

keckcellent - IPS Dredge

Diortem - Treasure chest/half ASM coordinator

Chibikko - old ASM Coordinator

Wyatt - Music and general help

Paralars - Overworld
What do you guys think? Is this good? Should we add more people? I'd like to know sooner then later, as I'm going through making this as we speak right now, and I'm trying to alot room for everything. Right now I'm just going ahead and doing the level designers by alphabetical order. I guess these things will be added to the end of it. Yeah, I'm thinkin' so.
Also, as the level will still be a level, Rao suggested that there should still be parrot coins and a chest in it. I agree with that, but I'm open to ideas? I've already picked the tile set I'm using, and the general layout for it, but ideas are awesome~
Let's get talkin'! :D
If you need help with anything, contact me on my skype: Demekun
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Re: Credits List inclusions?

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Also, level makers with multiple levels should have something different, like a bigger font, cooler look or different position.

I don't know if there were any helpful testers that were not level makers. Also, bosses creators should be acknowledged.
Camoslash

Post by Camoslash »

Also people who created the level, GFX, FG's and BG's, Music, all that good stuff.
Wyatt

Post by Wyatt »

Right, here's the music people:
Chrom1um
SNN
moose
rockdet

And a couple people who made music for just their own level:
Paralars
Spitznagl
ProfessorDemetri

I like those ideas. Maybe I can add a star to the level designers that made more then one? FIFTEEN STARS?? Amazing lol
Also...
I was planning on giving a seperate sublevel for each section of the project.
Like level designers
Music peeps.
Mods
yadda
blah
yar
You know what I mean.
Because honestly I have no other way of doing the text... hmm...
Trust me, it'll be cool.~ lol
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

I'm not sure how I feel about making a distinction between single- and multiple-level designers. My instinct is no because I don't want to make single-level designers seem less important.
TomPhanto

Post by TomPhanto »

Yeah, even if they did a lot of levels for the project, it would be better to give the level designers the same amount of respect in the credits. Plus it would be less work.
Keys are important. When a key is lost, all madness shall break loose.
ProfessorDemetri

Yah. Upon further thought on it, you guys are right. I do like the idea of having some distinction, but I don't want anyone to feel less important or anything like that.
Also, I'm looking at the map16, and as it is, I'm going to be pushing it... lol
Pheonix
still the harpy guy

Post by Pheonix »

Maybe add dots or stars to each name, indicating how many levels they did?
Although that leaves the question of how the multiple author level would be handled (if that is indeed still a thing)...
pheonix/feenicks/ffeenicxkcs
https://twitter.com/ffeenixcks
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

I'm not sure you were paying too much attention to the thread.. :| That exact suggestion was made and dismissed already.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Servant

Post by Servant »

You probably already saw some of this in the plot area, but here's a contribution to the credits:
Writers (these are the people who had their text quoted in the write-ups):
-MoneyMan
-chdata
-Servant
-Moniker
-Joelcll

Editors (these are the people who reviewed the plot and provided meaningful advice; you may excluded them however as they are all covered already in your credits, but I think that their role in the plot is just as meaningful as the writers, or even more so, as they provided structure):
-Diortem
-Paralars
-flameofdoubt
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Tails_155 »

Do we have space/time/energy/physics? (Last one not so relevant.)

If so, and possible, I kinda feel like it would be fun to have a Banjo-Kazooie style fake credits. I thought it was hilarious, and if we could do it in some way, it might be a bit of fun.

I might be totally crazy, though. Don't mind me.
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
TheGuyWhoIsSitting

Post by TheGuyWhoIsSitting »

Alright, I'm bumping this since I feel like this is the best place to ask this question.

Should I have everything separated? Start with the general list in the first post, Writers, have a thing for level makers, a thing for graphics makers, and a thing for music makers/music sources.

I'm asking this, because besides the initial ideas I have, I'm not sure where to start for the actual credits portion.

I was going to type up a text version and then go from there into the game, I have the bare bones version of the font I had made done. I might just use the default original Mario World font if mine isn't liked. I say bare-boned because I plan to anti-alias the font I've made so it looks better.

I also wasn't sure if I was going to do a lower case or not, since we're kind of squeezed on space due to much of the available tiles for foreground being claimed.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

If you can fit Demetri's screen, it should 100% be used at the credits scene. I know it was actually considered as the title screen at one point (don't know if it is still), but it really doesn't fit there at all.
TheGuyWhoIsSitting

Post by TheGuyWhoIsSitting »

alex2 wrote:The font looks good, but I'd rather see it in-game before a final call is made.

Overworld
Paralars
raocow //I swear, if his name is capitalized I will personally kill all of your pets
I can claim more Map 16 space, I just found a nice chunk that says it's unused on the site.

Do either of you have a link to Demetri's Pic? If it can be shoehorned in by making it a level background, I think that's the most space we have available in Map 16.

My plans for the credits level were
Have Demo stumble upon the back stage of A2MT and have it like a Theatre/movie production, probably theatre, and then at the end use "fancy" Layer 2 stuff to make the curtain come down with Demo at center stage to end the level.

The credits themselves would just be backstage stuff, I was going to make set pieces and have coins floating by string and other stuff. The credits themselves would probably just be floating around.
Though I haven't done anything in game just yet.

I'll get to work on this and try to post something in the near future now that my finals are over.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

whoa, I didn't know about this screen, it looks amazing!

TGWIS:
I like the theater idea, right now I'm imagining cardboard cutouts of different object, buildings, enemies and stuff like that. You could also have requisites hanging from the ceiling on obvious ropes or stick puppets. You'll know what to do...
As for the credits list.
Music should contain Chromium.
Graphics should be expanded to at least some general graphics helpers, there's a huge backlog in the graphics thread. Right now I remember Machoman, Moneyman, Isocitration, Demetri and myself doing some stuff.
Then I think you could kinda mention Septentrion for Testing and Keckcellent for Dredging and hey, what about kaizoman anyway?
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

There's also some people not particularly active in the forums, like MooseSMW
Money

Post by Money »

alex2 wrote:
S.N.N. wrote:If you can fit Demetri's screen, it should 100% be used at the credits scene. I know it was actually considered as the title screen at one point (don't know if it is still), but it really doesn't fit there at all.
I actually meant this one.
Wait... that won't work.

They don't have arms.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

Who? The characters in the picture that don't exactly resemble any of the established ones?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

That, to me, makes it work even better, as a sort of terrible 16-bit era shovelware parody.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

raocow wrote:That, to me, makes it work even better, as a sort of terrible 16-bit era shovelware parody.
Even good, non-shovelware games often had totally nonsensical and out of character endings. Myself, I will never forget the horrendous and non-sequitur ending of Zero Wing (Yes, the "All Your Base" game):

While I don't expect A2MT to outdo that monstrosity, the image is great enough!
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

those look like the things from despicable me, which I haven't actually seen.

And I doubt anyone would understand the hands thing as a parody, but I don't really care too much.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

alex2 wrote: Project Coordinators //or managers
limepie20
Alex //or alex2, I really don't care
flameofdoubt
ProfessorDemetri
Tails_155
I think we should take Demetri out of there. He was like coordinator for a month and didn't do much (I'm sorry!). We should probably move him to special thanks and other people who were blue at one point like Daxterspeed.
Base ROM Coordinators
limepie20
flameofdoubt
SyStemkraSh5642
I'm pretty sure it was Tails_155, not flameofdoubt. And Systemkrash should be above Tails in my opinion. And if we're not putting Systemkrash under project coordinators, this should definitely be here because Systemkrash needs some praise.
ASM Coordinators //we can have a separate section for local ASM people too, as opposed to the global ASM guys, which I've listed here
Diortem
Alex/alex2
Chibikko
chdata
I think Chibikko should be above you, alex. He was like the father of PATCH.asm.
Local ASM Helpers //or some other name, I don't know
Alex/alex2
Kil/kil3 //probably
Chibikko //probably
<other people whose names I forgot>
Yeah this one seems kinda unnecessary.
Graphics //I don't know if we should just have the people who did the global graphics here or what--obviously this list would be a lot bigger if we mentioned everyone who made their own graphics for their levels
Terry von Feleday
<others>
Paralars should be here. And also flareblade26 contributed a lot if I remember correctly (I'm honestly in disbelief that I actually remember his username exactly).
Music
Wyatt
S.N.N.
Kil/kil3 (?)
<others maybe>
Also Chrom1um and Moose and not kil.
Bosses
Alex/alex2 //assuming I finish the final boss..include it anyway for now
Terry von Feleday
chdata //maybe
<other boss creators>
RealLink (if he actually made the boss in his level).
CMS Creators //maybe include the managers too?
VideoGuy
DaxterSpeed
limepie20 //if including managers
SyStemkraSh5642 //if including managers
Alex/alex2 //if including managers
<others I may have forgotten>
Maybe just name it CMS contributors. And then we'd need to put in flameofdoubt for doing signups at the beginning. Or just do the creators, VideoGuy and DaxterSpeed, which is probably better.
//then maybe an automatic fade to Demetri's credits screen, if we're using it.
I really really want this to be used.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

Let's just make the lists alphabetical and hold back on "you weren't as good as the other guy" orders
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

I mean your thing is practical, but I really do want some important people to get more credit for helping out. Like Diortem has been the greatest with getting the asm moving in the hack. And Wyatt obviously deserves most credit for music.
You guys might want to point out that I may have selfish interests in the most important people being displayed first, and I truthfully can't say I don't. But moreso, I've just grown to really appreciate a2mt, and I am super greatful for the people who stuck around, so that it could keep progressing. I mean I just feel like some guys (Systemkrash, Diortem, Wyatt, probably alex now) need to be more prominent.
But alas, if you guys prefer alphabetical, that's no problem. Whatever's fine as long as a majority wants it.