Credits List inclusions?

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Credits List inclusions?

Post by Tails_155 »

I really want a Gaston memorial, since that was current news to when the project started.
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

I honestly thought you (Tails) already did that.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
TheGuyWhoIsSitting

Post by TheGuyWhoIsSitting »

I've been working on the font a bit more, ignore the bottom black font.
This was kind of the idea I was going to go with for the format, this is a mock up, and I just picked the first random level that I entered and just used it for a possibility of what it would look like in game.
I feel like the 16x16 letters are too big for it, but the basis would be that the header would be in the 16x16, and the names in the 8x8. I put them in a black border so they'd be easier to read, but I can change it if it doesn't look good to anyone else, I had considered using one of the original Mario World fonts for the actual people names.
Looking at it now, I'm not liking the 8x8 font thing I did, so I'll probably just use one of the vanilla fonts for the names. That or try and make an 8x8 font that doesn't look hideous, or try to make an 8x16 font that also doesn't look horrible... it'll be interesting to see what I come up with, I guess.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

if the 16x16 font isn't supposed to be used for the names, why is it the one with the lowercase letters spelling raocow?

it looks neat, by the way.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Supremely awkward. For a solid font, the letters should be evenly proportioned and generally look like one another, but there are some cases where certain letters are wider than others (the R next to the C in "CREDITS"), and the shading looks .. really wonky.
TheGuyWhoIsSitting

Yeah, I'm just going to use the vanilla fonts from the game. I'm generally OK with graphics, but I have never been particularly good with fonts.
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

Just use comic sans.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
TheGuyWhoIsSitting

Alright, update time. After inputting all the suggested names, I've pretty much used up all of my foreground Map 16 space, which isn't a huge problem. If there are more names that need to be included, then it is a problem.

Here's my current progress of just the names being all there, and put together. As well as the section. Now, regarding Demetri's credits screen... It's 330 colors, while Super Mario World only gives the ability to work with 128 colors (though technically 120 due to transparency). Should I just try to cut colors to where it is feasible to put in the game?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/149 ... scolor.png
This is what I got when lowering it to 120 colors in Paintshop Pro.
TheGuyWhoIsSitting

The Demetri photo won't be too bad to do (sure it'll take a little while to get it in, but I'm willing to do it), I'm going to need more EXGFX files in order to fit it in. It's also going to have to be put in as a background.

Also, I'm going to have to claim more Map 16 space to fix that, since the reason flameofdoubt isn't one word is because, when I had it as one word, the names didn't line up all the way. Not to mention a few more names need to be added.
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

TheGuyWhoIsSitting wrote:Alright, update time. After inputting all the suggested names, I've pretty much used up all of my foreground Map 16 space, which isn't a huge problem. If there are more names that need to be included, then it is a problem.
A problem? Did you used the layer 1&2 trick to write the letters (this http://media.smwcentral.net/Diagrams/2LayerText.png ) ?
Because if not then you should do it since it takes less place and if you need to add another name you won't need to reserve more map16 tiles.

Also I haven't followed this credit thing so are the level makers names gonna be included in this credit level or somewhere else (because by looking at your screenshot there is no LEVEL title).
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Also, there are more names to be included. Every person that made a level gets a name in the credits.

Also keep in mind,
Terry von Feleday = Terry van Feleday

kuposan3 = Shagg (kuposan3)

TomPhanto = Tom Phanto
Some people want to have a different name in the credits.
Camoslash

Post by Camoslash »

For the credits, I think alphabetical order for the names would be the best thing to do. Also if you would like to categorize certain contributors for their dedication of work, add different sections in the credits like in any game or movie credits? Like "Lead Designer(s)", "Project Leader(s)", "ASM Magician(s)" and such, while still being alphabetical and stuff.
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

raocow should be last
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

alex2 wrote:He isn't special so don't treat him like he is.
The least special. Hence the suggestion.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
TheGuyWhoIsSitting

Alright, doing the Layer 2 method, it fixes a lot of the initial stupidity I was doing, not sure why I didn't think of it before. Thanks Yogui.

Also, wanted to add that I'm working on this, it's just that putting Demetri's pic into the game is taking up a bit of time. I'm going to go ahead and get the names all into the game so I can at least have that much done.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Yeah the names are the priority, but thanks a lot for trying to get the Demetri pic in.