(shouting)

A2MT Update Thread

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Re: A2MT Update Thread

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Limepie said he was going to handle this for me.. I've since changed over to YI hacking and forgot allot about my level and regular SMW hacking. I figured he would be able to fix it, since the first hack moderator was not able to.

I gave him full permission to edit my level in any way needed, and the people in charge can also do so.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I don't even know where you things are, even, by now.

Like, limepie won't continue your thing. He won't. He's too busy, his role has shifted, and I don't know if any of the new people in charge are aware of your level or whatever. Help us out here man!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

My level is 99% done. All it needs is a reset door, because the current reset door is overwrite somehow. I'm not good in that GFX area. The only reset door that displays right is the invisible one that shows when you press a P switch. It just needs to be put somewhere in the beginning of the level, I think I have a hidden door marked where I wanted it. Right next to a puzzle that involves a yellow koopa and a P switch. That was the one tiny thing it needed. After that Limepie was going to clear it for me.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1273&start=500#p105255
My level and last post of the problem are in this page above.
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

Awesome, that's what we needed here. Thank you!
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Updated the post so it links directly to my post on that page. Hopefully this can be fixed, I've had to dumb down this level so much since its creation, that I am liking it less and less. :(

Though I admit, nothing I create is easy, I just find some crazy ideas for castle levels. Its impossible for me to make them easy for some reason "blushes"
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Franky wrote:My level is 99% done. All it needs is a reset door, because the current reset door is overwrite somehow. I'm not good in that GFX area. The only reset door that displays right is the invisible one that shows when you press a P switch. It just needs to be put somewhere in the beginning of the level, I think I have a hidden door marked where I wanted it. Right next to a puzzle that involves a yellow koopa and a P switch. That was the one tiny thing it needed. After that Limepie was going to clear it for me.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1273&start=500#p105255
My level and last post of the problem are in this page above.
I went through your level quickly and noticed it uses a very old baserom and thus doesn't have the new parrot coins (but this is a non-issue that can be fixed in a minute) nor a place for the chest (this is more important).

Now if you give your blessing to let someone else find a place for a chest in your level I can work something out, but since it's your level, please tell me if you have any preferences as to where and how you'd like it to be get.

I'll try to fix that weird invisible reset door issue.

Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

There is a chest, I stated that in the old post I linked here. I guess its hidden well if you couldn't find it.
As for the door thing, it's fine if whoever fixes it. I just want this level to be out of my hands, I already thought it would of been inserted by now. -.-

I check the a2mt Wiki every month at least to see the status of the level.

Edit: Sorry, it was in a post before the post I linked, I got a bit confused. Here is that part:
"The chest is in the top right corner of screen 6. It's a 1up for now. I didn't figure out about the chests until after my level was pretty much done so I didn't really have a place to put it.

Should be glitch free."
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Oh, alright then. I did saw the 1-up in lunar magic but didn't pay too much attention to it. I replaced it with the chest sprite, and also the old yoshi coins with the new parrot coins.

About the reset door, the graphics for the standard door are overwritten in your level ; I tried Exanimation/map16 shenanigans to work something out with the invisible door graphics but it didn't work, the door is still invisible. I think the only way to make a "legit" reset door would be to reinsert proper door graphics through ExGfx, so I don't think it's worth it. I put a reset pipe instead, I hope it's acceptable.

If this was the only issue that still needed fixing, your level should be good to go. If you want to submit your level yourself, here is the ips including the few fixes :

http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/17829/Into% ... 1%2521.ips

If you don't for whatever reason, I can do it but I'll need the resources you used for your level (that's why at that point it's no much different than submitting the level yourself :P )

raocow

Post by raocow »

Say, since you're going around fixing things, would you be willing to give a look at Alex's level? Apparently what's left to do amounts to having a midpoint and other minor things.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere

Post by Jesuiscontent »

raocow wrote:Say, since you're going around fixing things, would you be willing to give a look at Alex's level? Apparently what's left to do amounts to having a midpoint and other minor things.
Well I already took a look at his level to see if I could do something, but aside for the midpoints/parrot coins and one or two other things, there are also some ASM improvements that could be made like savepoints that restore health instead of midpoints, or more importantly, a patch to not make the powerup in the item box fall indefinitely when the player gets hurt. And since I don't know a thing about ASM, I figured I shouldn't basically "scrap" Alex's level by just fixing the few things I'm able to and call it a day.

limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Franky, if I remember correctly, we couldn't put your level in because Demetri did something that fooled me and I accidentally took your level and you lost two map16 pages. I think I claimed two new ones for you, but someone needs to be willing to move to map16 pages. Obviously, I never got around to it, but is this still a problem or did I miss something?
shdwdrgnix

Post by shdwdrgnix »

oh wait something might not work with my level, the problem is that I wasn't too sure how the multiple midway patch was supposed to work so could it be possible to set it up? The second midpoint is on level 93 if I remember right, the first being on level 90.

edit: I'm guessing it needs a special midway sprite or something like that. Oh and I used a star block for the midway points since they would have bad palette otherwise.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

A reset pipe is not a good idea because they can double the P switch and ruin the whole puzzle. Otherwise I'd have done that myself.

@LimePie: I never knew of that, so I have no idea what is going on. I'm not gonna blame anyone, I just want this level inserted, It's been finished forever now.
raocow

Post by raocow »

what about a reset teleport block.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

That would work fine. I'm not gonna be picky here, I just don't want the puzzle to be broken.
As for the resources I used: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1264&start=2000#p101071

However, LimePie said some pages were changed? So you may have to speak with him about that, it's been awhile and I wouldn't know enough to help there.
SyStemkraSh5642

Post by SyStemkraSh5642 »

Just a quick update on things I've done, although it isn't much:

+ = good, - = bad
+ LevelASM patched for Level 008
+ Wiki has been updated

TO DO:
- Insert samples for music 2A and 55
- Check chests in all levels
- Put "cake" in chest of level 130?
- Fix the key block in 127
- Multiple Midpoints for level 008 at CE

Some other things:
Progress is slowing down since there doesn't seem to be any levels to insert. I spent the majority of the day with Alex and some people from IRC attempting to fix level 127's custom key block, but I think we narrowed it down to two problems: the code doesn't work, or the key block being an extended object is the problem. Other than that, I playtested tenta's level and critiqued it.
raocow

Post by raocow »

Alright then.

If nobody has any issues with this, later tonight (or tomorrow) I'll send everyone that's left a pm to tell 'em they got one week left to finish. Exceptions are, of course, Alex and Franky (since the problems are known and worked on).

There's actually not that much left, which is nice!

Meanwhile, it'd be nice if we could continue the design of the overworld (in the appropriate thread) since soon we'll be moving on to, well, building the thing.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Franky wrote:A reset pipe is not a good idea because they can double the P switch and ruin the whole puzzle. Otherwise I'd have done that myself.
Well I made the exit to the reset pipe a "normal exit" type - so that the player cannot bring an item through it. Granted, esthetically it doesn't look really good as Demo reappars at the top of the pipe as if it was a door... I can try and put a teleport block instead but I'm not entierely sure how to do it.

Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Pretty sure that is done via block tool, or even sprite tool (probably wrong on the second one)
If it's to much trouble for you you can use your current method. I am not worried if it looks funky, as long as its effective.

However It's up to raocow there. I did make the level, but I made the level because at the time he posted a video talking about how the project was dieing, and I wanted to help him. In that sense I don't want to have the hack rated bad because of a problem in my level. It's all up to you raocow, I could care less how it looks as long as it works, but it's your call!
raocow

Post by raocow »

How would that make it look bad, I'm sure nobody would actually care if the transition is a little goofy. I mean honestly now.

edit - also I'm pretty sure there already is a teleport block somewhere in map16s considering I used them.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Well the screen transition is what I was speaking of. You know how people can be, one little problem and they deem the level bad or whatever. "GASP!!11 MARIO DIDN'T COME OUT OF THE PIPE LIKE NORMAL, THEY SHOULD REALLY FIX THIS!"

You're right though, I just wanted your input on that. So if no one can get a teleport block to work, the pipe idea will do. I'm not trying to make things hard on anyone helping, and I do appreciate it.
Camoslash

Post by Camoslash »

If you need an OW designer, I could help you guys out =D Although I have troubles with sub-maps, just because they are so damn small haha. If you wanna see some of my work, go here: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=50670
raocow

Post by raocow »

Camoslash wrote:If you need an OW designer, I could help you guys out =D Although I have troubles with sub-maps, just because they are so damn small haha. If you wanna see some of my work, go here: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=50670
Could you do a mock-up of one of paralar's suggestions in here?

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3595
Camoslash

Post by Camoslash »

Sure, I could try it =D I would have to get back to you in a couple days though, is that okay?
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Yeah, dude, you're helping out.