022 - Talkhaus (Switch Palace)
100 - Talkhaus (Bonus Level)
105 - Talkhaus (Test Level)
113 - tenta
129 - Talkhaus
12B - Shdwdrgnix
12C - Alex
135 - anonymousbl00dlust

I suppose I'll update the ROM until someone wishes to take power.

+ = good, - = bad
+ Level 11A has been inserted.
- Level 11A has tiles used on Page 4E, which is claimed by another person
+ Level 115's Midpoint has been fixed
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: A2MT Update Thread

Post by raocow »

re: the tileset thing, it would probably be simplest to just change what has to be changed yourself. That's pretty much why we ask everyone to include everyone as seperate bits in the submission thread, after all.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
SyStemkraSh5642

Post by SyStemkraSh5642 »

raocow wrote:re: the tileset thing, it would probably be simplest to just change what has to be changed yourself.
Sure; I was wondering if I was allowed to mess with the Map16. I'll get all of the levels inserted first, then move the Map16 around after.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

I quickly played my level (115, Dancing with shells) in the new baserom and noticed I actually forgot to include the sample bank for the first area's music, and as a result it is all garbled up and corrupted. (this is the music in slot 68, Life in the mines from Donkey kong country). I'm sorry about that and I hope it can still be fixed? Here it is :

http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/17829/Donke ... BMines.bnk

Also if there is stuff that doesn't require super advanced romhacking knowledge I'd be happy to help. I'll playtest the new levels in the new baserom tomorrow to check if there's no other dumb mistakes like what I did, if that somehow helps !

limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Okay, thanks for doing this, systemkrash.

I'm gonna need you to register on the a2mt wiki (from the login button). Once, you register, I'll give you admin privileges because you will certainty need them. There will be many mess-ups, like the one you just experienced, that you will need to fix and after you insert a level, you need to mark its resources on the wiki as inserted (or at least the level (and don't bother putting in all the exits and stuff for secondary exits; its unnecessary and time consuming)).

Again, thank you and I wish you luck.
SyStemkraSh5642

Well, I'm sure you're all wondering if I did anything or if I completely ditched it, so here's a list of updates for today:
+ = good, - = bad
+ Level 11A has been inserted.
- Level 11A has tiles used on Page 4E, which is claimed by another person
+ Level 115's Midpoint has been fixed
+ Level 9 has been inserted.
- Level 9's name "The level with sliperry floors and an angry ghost" won't fit, unless we're using the name extender patch thing.
+ Level 13A has been inserted.
- Level 13A's name "Dark Side of the Moon" won't fit by two letters.
+ Level 127 has been inserted.
+ All overworld messages have been inserted
+ Who made that level.txt updated
+ Addmusic.ini updated
+ SpriteA2MT.txt updated

TO DO:
- Fix Map16Page 4E for 11A
- Insert sprites for 13A, 127
- Insert music
- Check chests in all levels
- Modify level 127's chest with "0x127,0x0,0xE,Rare Cucco,5000,One of Zelda's prized pet\nCuccos. Lays yummy eggs"
- Put "cake" in chest of level 130?
- Insert blocks for 127
- Update wiki with appropriate info
- Make a credits list for resources?

It's not much, but things ARE getting done.

@ Jesuiscontent: I've never touched a .bnk file before; I think the program I have is easy to learn, though. I'll see what I can do.
@ limepie20: No problem. I just made the account on the wiki; I'll try my best to update these things.
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

I'm pretty sure we are using the extended name patch, but I have no idea how it works.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Oh, it's very easy. All patches you will ever need to edit are in the PATCH/INCLUDE/DATA folder. Edit the LevelNames.txt (it should be self-explanatory once you open the file) and then the readme in the patch folder tells how to patch the rom.

Also, you should be able to edit stuff on the wiki now. Please tell me if you can't.
Daizo

Post by Daizo »

SyStemkraSh5642, If you mind giving me your base rom, I can update more easyer then finding out that we got something different, just send me a E-mail:

diddyboy1001@live.ca <--assuming its safe to do this.

My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.
SyStemkraSh5642

@ raocow & limepie20: I got "Dark Side of the Moon" to fit, but "The level with sliperry floors and an angry ghost" still won't fit. Also, I can edit things; thanks, Limepie20.
@Diddyboy100: I think it's better to just post it in the Base ROM Inclusions thread, so that everyone has something to download in case both of us loses the files.

EDIT: I'll post the updated IPS when I insert the music, sprites, and blocks.
Daizo

Post by Daizo »

SyStemkraSh5642 wrote:@Diddyboy100: I think it's better to just post it in the Base ROM Inclusions thread, so that everyone has something to download in case both of us loses the files.
Uh, sorry for the noob question but you already did some stuff and I don't have your base rom, Do I just use Limepie's Base or what?

Edit, Could you just give me the base rom so that I can insert some other things, that way I'm cool with, other wise, I don't know how can we collaborate with a base rom, Can you PM me so that you can explain how Collaborating with a base rom (apologies for this noob question) :|

Ether that, or the other sentence I've asked.
Uh, sorry for the noob question but you already did some stuff and I don't have your base rom, Do I just use Limepie's Base or what?

My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.
SyStemkraSh5642

Diddyboy100 wrote:Uh, sorry for the noob question but you already did some stuff and I don't have your base rom, Do I just use Limepie's Base or what?
I didn't send it, but I'll just post my IPS here if you want it.I apologize that the link is Mediafire; I don't have any other place to update this.
Anyway, I've got this done:
+ Level 11A's Map16 on Page 4E is fixed
+ Chest data updated with level 127's data
+ Level names updated from ones in wiki
+ part of Wiki updated

The sprites, music, blocks, and level 115's samples still need to be inserted. I don't exactly know how the extended level name patch works, but it's been updated.

EDIT: I'm currently updating the wiki. If you want to, you can do anything listed above. All of the tools needed to insert these things are on SMWCentral. I'm not exactly in an ideal situation to explain how those tools work, so I hope you know how to use them.

EDIT2: I'm going to hold off on posting the IPS to the "Base Rom Inclusions" thread until I'm at a comfortable checkpoint to do so.
raocow

Post by raocow »

for the level name that is just too long, change it to 'level w/ slipper floors, angry ghost' or something. It's recognisable and keeps the same general flavour.
shdwdrgnix

Post by shdwdrgnix »

raocow wrote:for the level name that is just too long, change it to 'level w/ slipper floors, angry ghost' or something. It's recognisable and keeps the same general flavour.

Yeah that would be fine aswell, as long as it still has the same meaning. Also I don't think I put a chest in level 4D, there should be a blue coin to indicate its location on screen 18

Edit: on the wiki, level 9 has 2 exits and the music are:

5F = Jazz Jackrabbit - Tubelectric
63 = Alien Vs. Predator - Stage 4
84 = Legend of mana - Irwin on reflection
SyStemkraSh5642

@ raocow & shdwdrgnix: The name has been changed to "The level of ghosts and slippery floors" since there's no "/" in SMW.

Updated list before I leave for school:
+- Wiki updated, except for Secondary Exits and Map16
- agie777's ExGFX170 is missing
+ Sprites added
+ Chest inserted in level 4D and 11A
+ Music inserted

TO DO:
- Insert samples for music 2A and 55
- Check chests in all levels
- Put "cake" in chest of level 130?
- Insert blocks for 127
- Update Secondary Exits and Map16 in wiki
- Make a credits list for resources

To be added to credits:
Royal Castle by 'anonimato'
Cave Story - Sacred Grounds/Hell by 'Raibys'
Mario: The Blackhole - Sputnik's Castle by 'SCORPION'
raocow

Post by raocow »

Wait, wait, wait.

So are all 'level' levels inserted?

When this version is released, I'd like to have a list of levels still reserved or whatever that are not in it, to see what we can do with them.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Add this to your To-Do list: My level (12E) at the end of the level (Submap 30 screen number 0D) needs a ceiling. Make it upsidown land or something pretty, because currently you can jump over the wall and die, it's kinda unprofessional. I didn't catch it when my level got cleared (and neither did the clearer clearly) but it got pointed out in another thread.

EDIT: Secondly, my chest has no text and nothing in it. But I don't know if that's necessary for you to do? I don't know? Have you been doing that? I don't have anything specific in mind.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
SyStemkraSh5642

@AUS: The ceiling has been put in place. As for the chest, don't worry if you don't have an item for it; you can leave it blank.
@raocow: Yes, all levels have been inserted, but I need to insert a few custom blocks for a level before I make another update. As for the list of levels that seem to be missing, here's the list based from the wiki:

Level - Author
000 - Talkhaus (Bonus Level)
002 - Franky
003 - Lv27MarkerMMan
004 - Diddyboy100
006 - TheGuyWhoIsSitting
008 - Cup
00A - flareblade26
00E - Kopasznyaku
010 - VideoGuy
016 - spitznagl
01A - capefeather
01E - Kevinskie555
021 - keckcellent
022 - Talkhaus (Switch Palace)
100 - Talkhaus (Bonus Level)
103 - Talkhaus (Switch Palace)
104 - Talkhaus (Yoshi House)
105 - Talkhaus (Test Level)
10E - JVyrn
10F - Septentrion Pleiades
110 - Lobster_Horde
113 - tenta
116 - Alex
11B - Ometeotl
121 - Talkhaus (Switch Palace)
122 - TurboPup
123 - Talkhaus (Switch Palace)
124 - Schnurmanator
129 - Talkhaus
12B - AUS
12C - Leifytwig123
12F - fieryblaze
135 - anonymousbl00dlust
13B - Negative

EDIT: Updated list will be on the front page.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

12B can be taken off the list of levels, although don't dissolve any of my sublevels or anything like that. As per FoD's suggestion, I may try to adapt it so that it can fit in the final castle.

Or if that's a terrible idea, feel free to veto the plan.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
raocow

Post by raocow »

Of those:

- Diddyboy just got cleared recently
- Is Cup's level the super marisa land one? Isn't it done? Please contact him to know what the hell
- Septendrion Peidades just posted in the reserve thread so that's another person we might have to ask what up
- tenta is currently in clearance/submission limbo, I'm waiting for a word from FoB.
- I believe Alex's level is finished, but requires some finishing touch, and has asked if someone could fill in for that. Anyone willing to look into this?
- Ometeotl litteraly just posted in the clearing thread
- Schurmanator's is the life farming level, I think it's supposed to be done? Another person to contact
- anonymousbloodlust is actively working on his level and has like a dozen dangling questions so yeah.

If you could contact the people mentioned that would be super. For the rest... well, unless we hear from them soon, I suppose the level spots could be given away to interested people.
SyStemkraSh5642

The people in the list are the people whose levels aren't in the base ROM. I'm contacting people as we speak. The base ROM has also been updated in the Base Rom Inclusions thread.
+ = good, - = bad
- Level 13A has glitched sprite graphics due to ExGFX file 1CF missing
- Level 11A is stuck at the "DEMO START !" screen
- Level 127's "key block" doesn't work; my guess is that it's an extended object
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

I've found a problem (should I post here on in the baserom thread?).
The level 137 (Twhomp Garden) use the secondary exit AE and AF but this secondary exit is used in another level (level 130). I think it's because Thwomp Garden was an old level by Kristian that I "finished", and level 130 is made by Kristian. He probably didn't knew his level was inserted in the rom and thought these secondary exit were not used so he used them in another level or something like that.
Anyway, that means that level 137 need two other secondary exit. So you need to use two free secondary slot with these proprieties:
secondaryexit.png
And in level 9D, in Image, change the secondary exit number for the new one you entered (the one on the picture above on the left in red):
secondaryexitman.png
Same in sublevel 9E but the blue one:
secondaryexityouplaboum.png
And it should work.

Also there is no goal music.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
raocow

Post by raocow »

Chillout 2 and Dodge the Beefsteak! are two other level names that I recall beign almost done or pretty much done or whatever, and don't seem to be there. I don't know if those are amongst the peeps that you are going to contact, however.

edit: the 'stuck at 'Demo Start' thing, isn't that often caused by music breaking?
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

raocow wrote:edit: the 'stuck at 'Demo Start' thing, isn't that often caused by music breaking?
Yes. Because level F that use music 62 crash at the start but if I change the custom music for music 63 it work. So there is a problem with the custom music 62. Edit: and there is no 62.txt in the addmusic LEVEL folder in the baserom. The music probably wasn't inserted in the game.
Also in level 11A it obviously crash the game because it use music 7E and there is no music inserted in the game in slot 7E. And in the asmt info website it say music 7E isn't used and there is no file called 7E.txt in the addmusic folder. So where is that music? Perhaps it was inserted in another slot or something?

Conslusion: level F and 11A crash because music 62 and 7E are used in these levels but are not inserted in the game and are missing in the addmusic folder.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
SyStemkraSh5642

yogui wrote:I've found a problem (should I post here on in the baserom thread?).
It's fine, you can post here if you like.
yogui wrote:Thwomp Garden
Alright, thanks for helping me with that. It's fixed now.
Also there is no goal music.[/quote]
I'll add that to my list.
yogui wrote:Yes. Because level F that use music 62 crash at the start but if I change the custom music for music 63 it work. So there is a problem with the custom music 62. Edit: and there is no 62.txt in the addmusic LEVEL folder in the baserom. The music probably wasn't inserted in the game.
Also in level 11A it obviously crash the game because it use music 7E and there is no music inserted in the game in slot 7E. And in the asmt info website it say music 7E isn't used and there is no file called 7E.txt in the addmusic folder. So where is that music? Perhaps it was inserted in another slot or something?
I have no idea. Since the wiki has reported them as inserted already, then maybe they're on the forum somewhere and I can re-download them. Also, Level 11A has two music slots claimed, but the level doesn't use them.

Thanks very much for your help, yogui.