(shouting)

A2MT Update Thread

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Re: A2MT Update Thread

Post by swirlybomb »

I meant to include this in my previous post, but in baserom 2.6, levels 19, 66, and A2 (I don't think there are others, but I guess it's possible) seem to have totally borked graphics. I'm not sure if this is just my copy of the file for some reason or not, but I'd recommend someone look into it!
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Alright so! Other than the switch palaces, what is being actively worked on right now, so I go personaly ask 'what up' to them peeps.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
shdwdrgnix

Post by shdwdrgnix »

I only have 1 more room left to my level, should be done this weekend.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly

Post by swirlybomb »

Yo, I'd hate to be an attention whore, but I'd appreciate it if anyone at all had any thoughts regarding the quick draft of the intro level I made up based on raocow's idea and Servant's text and all that jazz. Granted, it's quick and unpolished, but I hoped that getting some amount of feedback (ie. whether it works or not) would let me know if it's worth taking the time to actually polish it up and make it nice. Should I have put it in the Testing thread instead?

Basically I'm just looking for any feedback at all; even if it's something like "Eh, it doesn't really work and we'll do something else," (I would accept that, really) that's preferable to assuming no one even looked at it.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

It's a good rough draft.

I didn't like jumping near the ceiling.

Also the room were you escape should have something like a potted flower to look nice(and to "block" the exit)

Why was there so many random things at the end? The message block ruins the overworld entrance.

I also think testing would be a better thread.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly

Post by swirlybomb »

The first area could probably use a bit of work; I just tried to come up with a rough layout that has a vaguely 'escape'-y feel, and I didn't go about making up custom graphics at this point (I do plan to have something 'blocking' the exit). Is jumping near the ceiling a general no-no? I thought going up and down would keep the escape bit interesting.

Actually I just had a thought; is it possible to program out the HUD in that first area?

raocow wrote:I guess at first is going to be whatever story nonsense story peeps want in. But then it drops you in 'a level'. It looks like a normal level - it even have enemies! Oh no, but you can't die in the demo level otherwise it screws things up! But then if you hit an enemy you don't die, the enemy does! The level is set up where you kill everything by touch, like if you had a star. You can kill everything! Even that textbox there, well in fact it's a fake and it breaks too! Soon (it's a very short level) you encounter an end goal, but touching knocks it away, killing it! Oh no! How about this door past the goal - oh no it's dead too! A screen later there's a huge puzzle (it says so written right in the sky) where you got a key and a keyhole - but touching either of them kills it! However, if you kill both, demo gets magicaly teleported away to a new screen where she is shot into space by a pipe! Wow! And just before she lands in a bucket of space lava, the text automaticaly pops up that says 'VIDEO GAMES ?!'
That's why the 'random things at the end' (as well as the message block) are there; everything gets destroyed on touch in a Fission Mailed sort of way. This goes for all the enemies and other objects too; I just don't know how to program that in (the star and mushroom are placeholders for the meantime).

I'll take future versions to the testing thread; assuming, of course, that raocow (or whoever else) doesn't prefer the Cheetahmen II intro (or any other ideas) instead.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

swirlybomb wrote:Is jumping near the ceiling a general no-no? I thought going up and down would keep the escape bit interesting.
Going up and down is nice. I just don't like hitting the ceiling when I jump. It annoys me.

Is it possible to have both the cheetahmen intro also? It could even be the pre-game level I think(as in C7).
Last edited by Septentrion Pleiades 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

The patches have been sorted out.
Expect an update soon, which should presumably have a nice amount of space freed up.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Alright, we have a somewhat hefty problem that needs to be fixed. P-Switch Beach (level 019) used map16 from page F, and somehow all but four tiles from that page were overridden. Yoshiguy978 has map16 page 35, too for some reason, so we have to move his map16 to that page. I can do this if no one volunteers, but I've never retiled a whole page, so I probably wouldn't do it efficiently.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Are you using the new LM? If so, it has a handy "Remap" button that you can click. Just highlight all of the tiles, click that button, and choose how many tiles to "add" to it (throw them all on a fully blank page, if you can).
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly

Post by swirlybomb »

swirlybomb wrote:I meant to include this in my previous post, but in baserom 2.6, levels 19, 66, and A2 (I don't think there are others, but I guess it's possible) seem to have totally borked graphics. I'm not sure if this is just my copy of the file for some reason or not, but I'd recommend someone look into it!
I guess this post wasn't obvious enough.

Though if SNN's suggestion works fine, then it may be a non-issue.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Alright, if that's all that needs to be done, Systemkrash should be able to do that for the next update.
tenta
First name: Alex

Post by tenta »

Im going to work on mine as soon ans i finish resting. someone should remind me of what was tha problem this time (La joie de glisser) (113)
SyStemkraSh5642

Post by SyStemkraSh5642 »

swirlybomb wrote:
swirlybomb wrote:I meant to include this in my previous post, but in baserom 2.6, levels 19, 66, and A2 (I don't think there are others, but I guess it's possible) seem to have totally borked graphics. I'm not sure if this is just my copy of the file for some reason or not, but I'd recommend someone look into it!
I guess this post wasn't obvious enough.
I took a look at the older base ROMs and the Map16 wasn't over-written there. I'll get the new baseROM and fix this up. What I need to figure out though is if another level was using those tiles at the same time.
SyStemkraSh5642

This update is long overdue.

+ "Punctuated Time" by limepie20 (006) is inserted
+ "A Gelatin Factory" by Paralars (116) is inserted
+ Frostyfish88's Switch Palace section is inserted (0AB, 0C6, 0C8, 0C9, 0D5)
+ Septentrion Pleiades's Switch Palace section is inserted (121)
+ Lv27MarkerMan's Switch Palace section is inserted (103)
+ Isocitration's Switch Palace section is inserted (FA)
+ Wyatt's Switch Palace section is inserted (FB)
+ SyStemkraSh's Switch Palace section is inserted (F9)
+- Glitched graphics on levels 19, 66, and A2 are fixed, but there are now glitched graphics on level 12F (read below)
+

- Mad Science Laboratory's thwomps need to be fixed (I have no idea what the problem could be)
- 008's second midpoint isn't working (asking limepie20 for help)
- Insert graphics for chest items
- reread the messages for the chests and make sure they fit
- fix level 12F's graphics
- fix problems found in the "Final Tweaking of Inserted Levels" thread

So, I found out the problem with levels 19 and 66 having messed up graphics. It turns out that level 12F (which was made by me) uses the same Map16 spaces. I think this came about because I claimed a slot that appeared as empty on the wiki, but wasn't empty in the ROM. -_- Anyway, I inserted DMII's Map16 in order to fix the graphics, and I plan to retile 12F to use other tiles.

EDIT: Shit, A2's graphics are glitched because ExGFX file 10B was overwritten with another. Currently looking into it.

EDIT2: 10B's graphics are now fixed, but it is possible that ANOTHER level somewhere in the ROM now has glitched graphics.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

S.N.N. said that there's a retile button on the new lunar magic. You should check it out to see if it makes the process easier for you.
Diortem

Post by Diortem »

Level 8's midpoint doesn't work because the level's regular midway point is on screen 0. Doing this disables midway point checking in the level.

Just make it 1 or anything non-zero, and the custom midway point will warp the player to CE as the MMP.asm table says.
SyStemkraSh5642

Ah, thanks for your help Diortem; the midway point is fixed.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

I don't know if this is due to the wiki not being updated yet or not, but.. It says I still have sub levels 188 and 189, though I don't need them. My level is already inserted. I could of sworn I told you guys what I didn't use via detailed list. Just curious if you remember or not. Unless it's not very important. :?:

Just looking out for others here who may want to claim my unused stuff. :D
SyStemkraSh5642

@ Franky: Sublevels 188 and 189 have been unclaimed.
A2MT 3.1

+ Level 008's midpoint works
+ Jolpengammler's Switch Palace section is inserted (123)
+ All currently optimized levels (as of this post) are inserted
+ All issues currently mentioned (as of this post) in "Final Tweaking of Inserted Levels" thread have either been fixed or addressed
+ Level 12F has been retiled
+ Level 0DA (treasure room) by Diortem has been inserted (You can enter it by going through the house in 104, then entering the door at the end)
+ Treasure Chest items list updated

- Mad Science Laboratory's thwomps need to be fixed (I have no idea what the problem could be)
- Insert graphics for chest items (will work on this after this post)
SyStemkraSh5642

A2MT 3.11
I didn't have the file "chest_data_gfx.bin" inserted in the last one; this one should have it now.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Wyatt has sent me an updated version of his A2MT final level theme. Who should I send this to so that the songs may be replaced in the current rom that's being worked on?