(shouting)

A2MT Update Thread

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
limepie20

Re: A2MT Update Thread

Post by limepie20 »

That would seem to be the case. I have not seen keckcellent around at all. It's a shame; he had a cool username.

raocow did he say anything when you were doing the deadlines?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Nothing official yet, because everyone looked like they were close to being done so...

Like, from what I hear everyone is almost done with their thing? Must I really set a new deadline?

How about next week-end. Everyone who got a thing hanging over their head: try and be done by next weekend!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Well, we've got 8 unfinished levels (as far as I know right now notwithstanding the final level). If you're up for it, I think one last deadline to kick the last people to finish their levels would suffice. And besides, eight people is easy to keep track of.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

006 - Nearly done. Active user.
00A - Summitted
010 - waiting for dredge
01A - Level Claimed by active user
021 - I'm thinking I'll claim it
105 - Talkhaus test level - possible music room, boss rush, end game reward
113 - needs expanding, or move midpoint
116 - Claimed by active user
129 - Talkhaus -Final level
12b - Claimed by active user
12c - Active user, not sure the story
135 - Upcoming Epic level
13B - Claimed by active user.
4 switch places - Not at claiming stage yet
Also 001 - Further over there - need difficultly fixed
Level 105 probably going to be a reward thing.

At this stage of development I think the most logical thing to do is open up the Switch Places for claiming. It's 2 claims for a switch place right?

Also as for 113, I think it would be a good short level. The compliant as I remember was that the midpoint was too close to the end, so we can just more the midpoint
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

If it's Tenta's level, Franky has offered to help him, but then Tenta didn't get back to him or something.
SyStemkraSh5642

Post by SyStemkraSh5642 »

Just a quick heads-up: I'm going to be busy until the 29th. I apologize for my absence.
tenta
First name: Alex

Post by tenta »

raocow wrote:If it's Tenta's level, Franky has offered to help him, but then Tenta didn't get back to him or something.

Its ok i replied to him, was away for some days... AGAIN. I have him on a instant message program so we can keep in touch.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

raocow wrote:If it's Tenta's level, Franky has offered to help him, but then Tenta didn't get back to him or something.
Alright, I've helped him and handed back the level and hes editing what I added to fit how he wants it to be! :D
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

Concerning the whole "exploding filesize" issue, I'm wondering if it will be problematic to free up about 20 exGFX files to complete the overworld with hand-drawn submaps.
I see that 20 exGFX files aren't that much in comparison to what is being used already, but, you know, just being a bit anxious.

And if it's okay, let me just officially mention that, to make them like that, this needs to be done:
- designate 20 used exGFX slots inbetween 80 and FF for overworld graphics
- rename the 20 exGFX files in those slots, that are being used for levels, to some unused ones, 200+ or something
- reinsert them
- look up which levels use them and edit those to use the respective, new 200+ exGFX files
Then we have 20 slots that can be used for new overworld graphics.

It's a bit of dumb work, but there's no hurry, just making clear that it has to be done some time, if we want those submaps.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

Because progress is slow right now
006 - Nearly done. Active user.
00A - Submitted
010 - Claimed by active user
01A - Level Claimed by active user
021 - Submitted
105 - Given to Active User - credits apparently
113 - Claimed by active user(worked on by 2 people)
116 - Claimed by active user
129 - Talkhaus -Final level
12b - Claimed by active user
12c - Claimed by active user
135 - Upcoming Epic level
13B - Submitted
4 switch places - Not at claiming stage yet
Further over there - need difficultly fixed
I think there needs to be a boss section in the wiki. I only know about 2 plot related bosses, and I haven't heard about one in a long time. We should have some sort of goal or that will be a major hold up.
Last edited by Septentrion Pleiades 12 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
tenta
First name: Alex

Post by tenta »

If my level haven't been lost yet. Im going to work on it today or tommorow. You know. Lots of things to do in real life and my grand-mother is sick so i take the time to take care of her.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

tenta wrote:If my level haven't been lost yet. Im going to work on it today or tommorow. You know. Lots of things to do in real life and my grand-mother is sick so i take the time to take care of her.
I apologize for my poor wording. There isn't going to be a huge problem with levels slots so you can take your time.
SyStemkraSh5642

Post by SyStemkraSh5642 »

+ 021 (Something to do with layer 2) is inserted
+ 13B (Irritating...) is inserted
+ 00A (Ye Olde Spookhouse) is inserted
+ unused ExGFX files are cleared out
+ Patch 2.6 is out (download below)

- Level optimization; need to check the amount of tiles used in all levels (5 levels listed, starting from 001)
- Mad Science Laboratory's thwomps need to be fixed (I have no idea what the problem could be)
- 008's second midpoint isn't working
- Insert graphics for chest items

A2MT 2.6
ProfessorDemetri

Post by ProfessorDemetri »

Updating? Okay.
I'm ripping a new tile set for the level, and that's about 80% done.
Construction of the actual level hasn't begun yet, but will go quickly when the tile sets are done.
Also, I do need the finalized list of who we're putting in here...
So I'd assume, it'll be done by next weekend? That's tentative though. That's my goal~
If you need help with anything, contact me on my skype: Demekun
raocow

Post by raocow »

Alright, so, eventually we're going to have to figure out what is going to happen in the little intro level. You know, the one where in the original smw mario was just there and then text box said 'oh no the princess!!!' and in asmt it was demo landing on a charlie.

What should happen in this game:

I guess at first is going to be whatever story nonsense story peeps want in. But then it drops you in 'a level'. It looks like a normal level - it even have enemies! Oh no, but you can't die in the demo level otherwise it screws things up! But then if you hit an enemy you don't die, the enemy does! The level is set up where you kill everything by touch, like if you had a star. You can kill everything! Even that textbox there, well in fact it's a fake and it breaks too! Soon (it's a very short level) you encounter an end goal, but touching knocks it away, killing it! Oh no! How about this door past the goal - oh no it's dead too! A screen later there's a huge puzzle (it says so written right in the sky) where you got a key and a keyhole - but touching either of them kills it! However, if you kill both, demo gets magicaly teleported away to a new screen where she is shot into space by a pipe! Wow! And just before she lands in a bucket of space lava, the text automaticaly pops up that says 'VIDEO GAMES ?!'

And since when you see a text like that in the intro it sends you off on the map, you end up on the map.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Makes sense to me.

In all seriousness: I have no problem with doing something humorously nonsensical for the intro. I just don't want it unnecessarily perpetuated into the realm of boredom or annoyance. As in, I don't want any sort of puzzle in the intro. Otherwise, yeah we can do silly stuff like everything else raocow said.

I'd also like to emphasize that I especially liked this:
raocow wrote:she is shot into space by a pipe! Wow! And just before she lands in a bucket of space lava, the text automaticaly pops up that says 'VIDEO GAMES ?!'
This on its own could make a good intro. Or have Demo almost land in the lava.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

I don't like the idea of having such a nonsensical intro. I'm more in favor of a silly story introduction, like ASMT had the charlies intro. "Video Games" would make would make an excellent end.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:I don't like the idea of having such a nonsensical intro.
On the talkhaus? Never! ;)
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

I'd rather have nonsense than a plot after the last game
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
raocow

Post by raocow »

Okay so not everyone likes my idea for the intro, so I propose we use this as a base then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Mwj21-Scw

we just redo the art to replace the characters by the appropriate ones, and replace the names by also the appropriate ones. If you think about it, it would fit REALLY WELL. And then demo gets shot into space and is stop by text before she lands in a bucket of space lava.
Servant

Post by Servant »

Alright, so, eventually we're going to have to figure out what is going to happen in the little intro level. You know, the one where in the original smw mario was just there and then text box said 'oh no the princess!!!' and in asmt it was demo landing on a charlie.
Can't we just skip it entirely? I never really saw the point or use of it.

After the intro story cut-scene, we just go straight to the overworld map and players can start the game. If we want a level where Demo can kill everyone by touching it, then just have that be the first level on the overworld map.
raocow

Post by raocow »

Well, I'll answer by asking why you would want to remove that sort of thing entirely?
raocow

Post by raocow »

Actually, thinking about it...

You probably already have the intro written, hmm? Since this is a game, what I think we should do is have all this text presented in a context where you are still playing. Like having the text be written in the walls or something.

Basically, let the player 'play' even as he is reading the text. I say this because when a person wants to play a platformer, the player... wants to play a platformer, not just sit and read text. First impressions, even for a sequel, are really really important.

Basically what I,m saying is that the 'cutscene text rpg thing' tool should be used very little, and instead have that text incorporated into a playable thing.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

raocow wrote:Alright, so, eventually we're going to have to figure out what is going to happen in the little intro level. You know, the one where in the original smw mario was just there and then text box said 'oh no the princess!!!' and in asmt it was demo landing on a charlie.

What should happen in this game:

etc etc "VIDEO GAMES ?!"
I'm a little late on this, but I just... have to ask how you even came up with this idea, because it's certainly something else!

Although something like that would probably be The Best Thing, I'd think there should really be some kind of in-game story exposition, if there isn't already (about all the siblings and... and space and whatnot), by whatever means are best. This is probably a super-obvious thing, but I'm saying it anyway.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
raocow

Post by raocow »

Say, you're done with your level, right, swirly? How about it? How about you make 'the intro level', a level that you can run around with, that you're never in danger, and that says everything that has to be said in the intro? Though you should collaborate closely with Servant here for the exact text we're supposed to use.

Just to avoid the 'rpg start' "issue" of the first game.

I forget what's the level number of this thing, especialyl if we patch it so instant messages don't mess up the map.