(shouting)

A2MT Update Thread

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
SyStemkraSh5642

Re: A2MT Update Thread

Post by SyStemkraSh5642 »

Want to release 2.4 to update everyone.
A2MT 2.4

EDIT: Will now put a download in front page as well.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

I've noticed there is a nice amount of slow down in that Super vehicle level. To many things on the screen at once firing. Just thought I'd point that out.

Also, on screen 00 of the Sky castle west level (sub level 36) the custom sprite guy jumps into the ground and gets stuck there. Also note that on screen 04 of this same level page, the very first custom sprite enemy you see is rather useless, his attacks just hit the turn blocks and do nothing. He then jumps into a endless pit.

Edit: I'm going through levels and testing for bugs and glitches.

Edit: room 2D of level "Smouldering Stones" doesn't scroll properly when mario enters. It only shows the very bottom of the screen, but on top of the screen. Thus 95% of the screen is blank.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Sorry to double post here, but there is a problem with the pipe in my level. When you enter it with a P switch and return, the P switch is glitched into the ground, instead of not being there at all as it should.
It's not a huge big deal, but it looks funky.

Also getting the first Yoshi coin leaves behind some glitched mess. It was never like this on the older base rom. Edit: It does it with the others as well.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

(more than two days later)
limepie20 wrote:Sure you can make a level.

I'll put you on the reserve list right now.
Huh, that was a bit easier than I was expecting.

Just to be sure, is that... a thing I ought to start working on, or wait until the reserve list thins out a little (especially since I would assume I need to know which level(s) to use)? Also, where would be the best place to try and give an overview of my level idea and try to get some kind of feedback before I were to start working, and who/where ought I to ask for advice and help when necessary?
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1265&start=5325
This^ thread would be fine for that. Also I'd wait before you start creating a level you may not get. I am also on the reserve list but I am waiting to see what the deal is. Anyone else want to comment on this feel free.
Camoslash

Post by Camoslash »

Alright I am back =D I just needed to take a break from hacking and stuff lol. Well I checked out Paralars' Ideas (along with the drawings =D) and I think I could match up with that. The only problem is that I cannot use ExGFX OW graphics very well. I mean do not get me wrong, I can use level ExGFX pretty well, but OW ExGFX is not my thing lol. But if you want me to use Vanilla OW GFX, then I will be able to present a sexy OW =) Another thing that would work would be if someone made a redrawn GFX set for the OW tiles. I could work with that, no problem =D
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

yeah we already kinda came across our own problems with OW exGFX, but these are mainly with the submaps.
My plan was that you could make the big, main overworld map with the normal vanilla tileset and afterwards the tiles could be redrawn to some own a2mt style. These would then be only used for the main overworld map.

I guess it would contain a "starting" world in the middle(no plans yet), a beach world at the top, an island somewhere to the right with pipes as a means of getting to it, and the final world somewhere in a corner.

If you need something to work with right away, you can check the drawings -gonna update them soon with a layout that is more "rectangular"- or make something up yourself.
SyStemkraSh5642

@ Camoslash: You said you dislike designing the submaps? Personally, I suck at designing the main OW. If it's fine with you, I can design the submaps and you can design the main OW. I'm also a vanilla graphics person myself.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

now I can post without it being a double post and me feeling bad.

Methinks 10D has broken star music.
There is a star in the last sublevel at the bottom of the level where there is an octobro.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

If systemkrash can change the song of the main level and have the star music work then we should probably also send the broken song to Wyatt to be fixed.

Also, there's no penalty for double posting as long as the post has a purpose.
SyStemkraSh5642

Paralars wrote:now I can post without it being a double post and me feeling bad.

Methinks 10D has broken star music.
There is a star in the last sublevel at the bottom of the level where there is an octobro.
I just went there and didn't have any trouble with the star music. If you're using ZSNES, I've heard that it can cause music problems.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

We... still should probably try to find what up with that, still. What do you mean by broken?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
SyStemkraSh5642

raocow wrote:We... still should probably try to find what up with that, still. What do you mean by broken?
I think limepie's referring to 11F having the broken goal point music and all. I already sent the file to Wyatt.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

No, I was talking about Paralars saying some star music wasn't working but you already said that it was fine.
Camoslash

Post by Camoslash »

Paralars wrote:yeah we already kinda came across our own problems with OW exGFX, but these are mainly with the submaps.
My plan was that you could make the big, main overworld map with the normal vanilla tileset and afterwards the tiles could be redrawn to some own a2mt style. These would then be only used for the main overworld map.

I guess it would contain a "starting" world in the middle(no plans yet), a beach world at the top, an island somewhere to the right with pipes as a means of getting to it, and the final world somewhere in a corner.

If you need something to work with right away, you can check the drawings -gonna update them soon with a layout that is more "rectangular"- or make something up yourself.
Yeah, that sounds like a pretty good Idea! Plus it would be easier to redraw the SMW OW GFX with something to look at while they are being created. I do not really see any need to rush though, unless you guys have a planned time for all of this to be completed. But yeah I will probably get started on this tomorrow or Friday; depending when my father wants to cut all the logs from the shipment we just got.
SyStemkraSh5642 wrote:@ Camoslash: You said you dislike designing the submaps? Personally, I suck at designing the main OW. If it's fine with you, I can design the submaps and you can design the main OW. I'm also a vanilla graphics person myself.
Yeah that would be cool =D I dunno, just having to do smaller version OWs (aka Submaps) feels quite weird haha. And yeah, I love using vanilla graphics =D Well before I start designing the OW in Lunar Magic, I think I will draw stuff down on paper. I will show you guys after I have the rough draft done. Keep in mind, I am not that great at drawing, so it may look kinda sucky on paper haha.
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

Alright, let's tally up what is going on with the stragglers. I'm not jumping the gun, I know peeps got the entire week-end, but I like to have things summarised before a deadline;

000 - Talkhaus (Bonus Level) < ---- not affected by deadline, but I wonder what should be done with this

002 - Franky < --- I'm pretty sure this has been taken care of thanks to Jesuiscontent. I think there was a problem that kept it from beign inserted? Someone clear this up for me, please.

003 - Lv27MarkerMMan ----------
006 - TheGuyWhoIsSitting --------- > didn't hear anything from these three yet
00A - flareblade26 ----------------

00E - Kopasznyaku ----------> this leve was given to Sept., things are goign foward as of yet

010 - VideoGuy ------------> aka the tournament. We shouldn't give away this level as we might just use the part taht's already done.

016 - spitznagl ---------- > Paralars's working on dredging it

01A - capefeather -------> dude got a critique in the clearing thread, is nearly there, haven't heard anything since?

01E - Kevinskie555 -------> not a peep
021 - keckcellent --------> ditto

10E - JVyrn ------------ > essentially successfuly dredged by Paralars, especially since the 'boost into a wall' glitch will be fixed in the next baserom on a 'romwide' level.

113 - tenta ---- > still working on it?

116 - Alex -------> still in dredge limbo, don't know what's going on there.

11B - Ometeotl --- > guy needed to have the multi-midpoint patch fixed to keep working on his thing, or something? Otherwise I think he's like essentially cleared by now.

122 - TurboPup --> not a sound. apparently his level was amazing, too. I wonder if it would be dredgeable, I think Tails and limepie were trying at one point?

124 - Schnurmanator --- > didn't hear anything, which I find surprising.

12B - Shdwdrgnix ---> working on it, I saw him post in testing.

12C - Leifytwig123 --- radio silence
12F - fieryblaze ---- ibid.

135 - anonymousbl00dlust --- > still toiling away, level is complex enough that he is exempt from deadlines for now

13B - Negative --- > no clue
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Oh, TurboPup. I can probably fix his level. A long while ago, I was talking to Tails about it and he wanted to me to fix it and I think I know what has to be done. I don't know whether I actually have the level, though. I'll have to look around in my pm's and stuff. I'll provide an update or something sometime.
raocow

Post by raocow »

If you collaborated with tails on this, ask him, dude is insane about having back-up copies.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Okay, I actually do have his level and resources. I will dredge this I guess.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

raocow wrote:002 - Franky < --- I'm pretty sure this has been taken care of thanks to Jesuiscontent. I think there was a problem that kept it from beign inserted? Someone clear this up for me, please.
Yes his level is already inserted in the new baserom. There's still apparently a weird graphic issue with the parrot coins though, not too sure why but shouldn't be too hard to fix
116 - Alex -------> still in dredge limbo, don't know what's going on there.
As said the other day it would greatly benefit from a few ASM tweaks so it needs someone who has knowledge of ASM. The level *can* technically be inserted without them but the glitches it has make the level look... unfinished and weird.

e : I'm too slow at typing and Alex already responded!! I think such a neat level would be a shame to cancel completely though
124 - Schnurmanator --- > didn't hear anything, which I find surprising.
He was given some ideas in the testing thread to improve his level (the life farming one) a few weeks ago and said he'd do something with them. Maybe he's still working on it
Last edited by Jesuiscontent 12 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Schnurmanator sent me a pm about a month ago because he said he was "literally done with his level except for music". He asked for someone who could port a song and I told him Wyatt but yeah that's the last time I saw him.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Could we use the abandoned levels spaces left used as general introductory levels. I know the layer 2 player controlled scrolling relies somewhat one past hack playing experience. Maybe we could have sort of nice levels that aren't to much of a death challenge near the beginning or even pre-hub.
raocow

Post by raocow »

Because the forums where kind of screwy yesterday I'm giving an extra day for peeps to sort things out. BUT.... it still seems like there are some levels that are going to be lost and given to peeps in the reserve list.

I'll PM everyone in the reserve list either late tonight or tomorrow.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

There have been a few posts in the submissions thread recently, so that's pretty cool. :)
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

raocow, make sure I'm aware of who is losing their level so i can adjust the wiki accordingly.