(shouting)

Trailer/demo

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
noseman999

Trailer/demo

Post by noseman999 »

I just wanted to know what's going on with A2MT's trailer or if there's actually going to be one. I thought it would be a good idea. Maybe the talkhaus could vote for a trailer sorta like smwcp. Also, is there gonna be a demo of A2MT (maybe with voted levels). Because I do have some neat ideas for a trailer. So yeah,what do people think.
I don't know what is the religious property of a giant clump of dirt that is just sitting there?
- raocow
limepie20

Re: Trailer/demo

Post by limepie20 »

I really don't see the need for a trailer or a demo. It's a lot of hype for a mario romhack and I think it just looks best when the whole thing is released altogether.
Hype was smwcp's downfall.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Hype was smwcp's downfall.
That's because it couldn't stand up to the hype, I'm sure you're not suggesting that A2MT will fall short of its hype. :D
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I don't think we need a demo version, but a trailer WOULD be a lot of fun, to be honest~
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

Technically, there would be nothing stopping anybody from throwing something together...
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Cmbheadquarters

Post by Cmbheadquarters »

I wouldn't mind making a trailer. I have Sony Vegas 9, Powerpoint, Gimp, Hypercam and Zsnes of course.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ-VT50SgUo
this is the trailer, except it has the a2mt logo and is ten times as long
Cmbheadquarters

Cmbheadquarters wrote:I wouldn't mind making a trailer. I have Sony Vegas 9, Powerpoint, Gimp, Hypercam and Zsnes of course.
anyone?
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

Go... ahead?

I mean, it's an open invitation, haha! You don't have to ask permission, though you're free to ask for help you could need for any reason.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

AUS wrote:I'm sure you're not suggesting that A2MT will fall short of its hype. :D
The ironic thing is that I've seen a lot of negativity spread about this hack so far in terms of both the leadership and the overall quality (even by people involved in it), but posts by cute optimists such as yourself are rather amusing to read.

If anything, perhaps a trailer might be more necessary to build the hype for now, especially since most people who don't frequent the forum have no idea on the status of the hack. I wouldn't particularly recommend showing off the "best" levels though (i.e. Terry's), otherwise it may spoil a bit of the surprise, but showing some of the slightly-above-average stuff would probably work nicely.
Cmbheadquarters

Okay, this took some time, I'm considering this a beta because I want you guys' input: (No raocows)
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

S.N.N. wrote:but posts by cute optimists such as yourself are rather amusing to read.
Hm, that's a good way to make enemies, you know, rude offhand comments.
Thankfully I'm a bigger man than to hold grudges, and I forgive you.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

So is making rude, off-hand comments towards collabs that aren't the one you're obsessed with and praise every waking hour. Thankfully I'm a bigger man than to hold grudges, and I forgive you.

CMB: It does a decent job of showcasing some stuff I guess. I would have polished up the grammar and spelling a tad before posting it though, because those simple mistakes have really killed any sense of professionalism it may have had (i.e. "awnser"). Also, I'm not really a follower of the whole "plot" the game has, but why does it say 7 siblings AND 9 siblings?
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

S.N.N. wrote:So is making rude, off-hand comments towards collabs that aren't the one you're obsessed with and praise every waking hour. Thankfully I'm a bigger man than to hold grudges, and I forgive you.
Are you trolling me? Do you actually know me? Where have I been praising this collab? I don't understand these ridiculous responses from you. I don't get it. Are you high?
EDIT: Wait, are you talking about a comment towards SMWCP?

In which case: What? Where have I made any of those on this forum or on youtube? I recall saying "This is going to fail" sarcastically when everyone was praising it, then later in raocow's LP when everyone was hating on it I believe I said "On the other hand, this is looking up" or something to that effect.

You look...really...weird with these posts, man.
EDIT:
Here is my post:
I genuinely expect the worst from this hack, because I am a bigot. But it will be very fun watching raocow play this. Also something else stupid and offensive in this post. So there.
Wow, so serious. If you were actually offended by this then I apologize but I don't understand what's to be offended by.
P.S. I couldn't find the other one.
Last edited by AUS 12 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
raocow

Post by raocow »

Yeah, the funky english is... odd. You kind of have to fix that! Also, shorter scenes I believe are preferable than having most of everything in fast motion for some bizarre reason, and I wouldn't have put the text over the whole image like that, so everything on screen is always 'very visible'.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

AUS wrote:Where have I been praising this collab?
AUS wrote:I'm sure you're not suggesting that A2MT will fall short of its hype. :D
There is a reason 75% of the cleared levels are being reviewed. It's very possible it COULD fall short of its hype, and I've personally always found overly optimistic comments like this incredibly .. frustrating, to say the least?

Then again, I've noticed there is a lot of drama involving you and several other members of this forum who don't like you, so I'd rather not be a part of it. Might be better off to simply ignore your posts from now on for my own sanity.

oh, edit:
AUS wrote:You look...really...weird with these posts, man.
Trying to turn it on me isn't working, especially considering you were the one who was driven out of this forum for your "weird" (well, more like moronic) posts. Kindly stop.
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

S.N.N. wrote:
AUS wrote:Where have I been praising this collab?
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SarcasmMode

Or did I just get double-trolled?
If not, do I need to assume you didn't "get" the sarcasm? I apologize. If not, do I need to assume you just hate me? I apologize. If not, do I need to assume you don't believe that was sarcasm? I apologize. :|
EDIT: On account of the actual trailer posted, I commented on the youtube video.
EDIT2:
especially considering you were the one who was driven out of this forum for your "weird" (well, more like moronic) posts. Kindly stop.
I'm not sure what my (albeit ironic) decision to leave the forum for awhile has to do with a conversation about you attacking me based on basically nothing. If you have a grudge with me, go ahead and say it?
You know, I am a person.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Okay.
(aka argument over)

So yeah pretty much what raocow said about the video. Also, you put in some levels that haven't been cleared which is a little odd and I wouldn't put them in (I think maybe it was just your uncleared level, though).
And I don't really like the green text. The text itself seems a little fuzzy but I also don't like what it says. It just seems weird to put stuff like "70 levels!", "Custom music!", "etc.!" on there. What should that text be? I'm not good with these things, and I don't know what would be good. (I realize how stupid that makes me sound.)
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

Making the text smaller or transparent would probably do good.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
VideoGuy

Post by VideoGuy »

If we're going to make a trailer, could we do it more like the one Cyphemur Made for MKM2? I always liked that one, and it was able to show a good portion of gameplay along with some text and epic music.

Either way, I think we're too early to start making a trailer. Wait until we have a playable beta and the game's actually close to release, otherwise some levels won't be included.
Accepting any and all ASM requests for A2MT. Just send me a PM.
Note: If I accepted your ASM request and you never heard back from me, please let me know. I feel like I've forgotten a few of them.
Also the creator of the new A2MT CMS. PM me if you have any questions.
Youtube Channel
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

VideoGuy wrote:some levels won't be included.
Well, not all levels should be included. I believe we currently have enough levels inserted to make a nice trailer. Though, if we did, we'd just be holding onto it for a while until a2mt is a lot closer to being finished.

edit:
Okay, I watched the trailer and it's cool but one thing I don't want an a2mt trailer to be is (too) dramatic. That one's over the top.
Cmbheadquarters

Yeah, plus I can't really do that till the hack is at... 90% completion? I need to know all the words
(Sorry for the Grammar Mistakes, I've been on FB chat, and I've kinda gotten used to saying "wai u wan do ah 4 ehn?)

Oh yeah, I was wondering if someone could make a "complitation song" of all the A2MT original songs, The Lullaby being used at the very end, of course!
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

I think it would be neat to exclude any bonus levels from the trailer. Contrarily, it would be equally as neat to only use bonus levels in the trailer.

I don't know why I feel this, but I do. Take it or leave it.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Diortem

Post by Diortem »

Cmb: Just one thing I noticed about your video. If you're going to display a chest it might be a good idea to display one with an actual treasure graphic rather than a "level number" placeholder. I guess most people won't notice it, but I did for some reason. ;)
Cmbheadquarters

I know most of you will find this stupid, but if raocow could make an A2MT version of this, I would be happy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX98hGYoyv0