(shouting)

Trailer/demo

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Trailer/demo

Post by raocow »

Well, first i'd wait for feedback from more people. Although I think the approach is great, people may think of better footage, or whatever, I don't know. But once it passes the peer vote, make it or the final one public and I'll put it on as the featured video for a while on my channel. Though to do that, I'll ask that you make the title 'special (whatever percent completion it is)% completion teaser~!' or something.

Like right now it's 43% clear and that's perfect because that is a random as hell number number to 'celebrate' which makes it funny.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
DavePrezOH

Post by DavePrezOH »

So, do you think we should do another trailer a lot more exciting when it's about 65-70% done, and still put the percentage in the trailer, to show that there is progress going on?
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

I'd say that would be a good idea only if there was a sufficient "longish" amount of time enough between trailers.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
DavePrezOH

Post by DavePrezOH »

I'm really not good at predicting, but in about maybe like 5 months it should be about 90% done? That's if people aren't slacking, I guess. Is 4-5 months alright? Again, that might be terrible prediction. We could do a trailer, then.
Cmbheadquarters

Post by Cmbheadquarters »

Reveal more each time, By the way when do you guys think a2mt will be released?
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

In about -2 months, if you believe the predictions that have been made about a year ago :)
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Mid-2012 at the earliest, if we're being realistic and honest. Although the levels are a little over half completed, there will be so much misc. stuff that needs to be done. Now that Demetri has stepped down as the leader, that will also further hinder things.
DavePrezOH

Post by DavePrezOH »

In this case, there's a good amount of time between each trailers we're gonna make.
Cmbheadquarters

Post by Cmbheadquarters »

I think either Limepie or Wyatt should be the new leader, I'd say you snn, but you're leading SMWCP2.
DavePrezOH

Post by DavePrezOH »

So, I added the percentage of how much of the game is done. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYbJWmmxBTo

by the way, I had an idea for like an "almost done with the game" trailer. How 'bout raocow makes a comic thing and it could be put in the trailer with music in the background, basically what would be drawn is A2MT's plot. The "camera" would go from panel to panel. It would make for a pretty and exciting trailer.
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

change the name of the video from 'trailer' to 'teaser' and if nobody has any qualms with the footage chosen or whatever, I'll put it up as featured in my thing.

Though thinking about it, it'd be super neat as a sort of monthly thing, using different footage (about the same amount, of different, different levels, whatever).

Something to think about..
DavePrezOH

Post by DavePrezOH »

Hey, would you consider drawing a small little comic thing for the "almost done making the game" trailer? (explained in my last post)
raocow

Post by raocow »

We'll see when we get there.
DavePrezOH

Post by DavePrezOH »

raocow wrote:We'll see when we get there.
Alright

Oh, by the way. Not sure about the whole monthly thing, since people might not like getting spoiled or see too many levels and mechanics. Maybe that's just me, though.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

I think a once a month thing may be too ambitious (though, I kind of think being too ambitious is a big flaw in this project in general - though I won't get into that), but I suppose you're probably looking to keep interest generated. I really don't have any alternatives to suggest, though, so my post is moot and I'm only here to complain.
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Sadly, I have to agree. Once a month would be far too much, and you're going to run out of fresh content (or should I say, you'll over-spoil and over-hype it). The best bet would be to have a "halfway" trailer - for instance, now - and then one directly before the release.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

I like it. It's very short and works nicely.
DavePrezOH

Post by DavePrezOH »

Hey, want me to make the teaser viewable so you can feature it?
raocow

Post by raocow »

Might as well!
DavePrezOH

Post by DavePrezOH »

limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

I'm dumb and managed to miss the page of posts above my last one in this thread (because I didn't see the 3 button).

About having other trailers:
I think one trailer is enough. Like this is just a teaser to show that we are still working (or something). More than this is already excessive. I'm kinda against a 'full-blown trailer' it's not necessary and doesn't have any extra benefit than having this teaser.

I'd honestly prefer if this teaser was closer to the 90% levels finished range than 50%. It seems kinda weird to release a trailer when the levels are only half done because it could still be a pretty long time after the teaser before a2mt is finished. Now I understand the other side (mainly raocow's) and this is just what I think is better. I'm not opposed to a teaser right now. I'd just prefer one later. If you guys would rather have it now go for it. You guys have all the say here (and common sense).
DavePrezOH

Post by DavePrezOH »

Well, this IS only for showing off how a2mt is going to be, and it's not like it's 3 minutes long with a ton of footage or anything. And we could do a trailer at 90% without even putting footage of the game in (explained in one of my earliest post). This is just a fan-made trailer that people can enjoy =) - and listen to awesome asmt music while watching =D. but I understand.
raocow

Post by raocow »

This is kind of out of nowhere but I want this in writing somewhere so I don't forget--

If we ever do a trailer/teaser whatever, once the title screen is done, we should do it similarily to what ryuu did in this video starting from 1:35 roughly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_xmaa123UI

I mean, one of the main thing about a2mt is celebrating the chaotic nature of colabs, so a 'trialer' composed of Demo being immobile in a bunch of completely different areas would be pretty neat, I think. It would demonstrate the 'scope' while still keeping most gameplay gimmicks unspoiled.

edit - with something like this as the music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4a5LIjo ... ults_video
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Let's write a song and revive talkhaus sings for it.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

and then play a game of mafia and post what we think raocow looks like
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist