(shouting)

A2MT Intro

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
VideoGuy

Re: A2MT Intro

Post by VideoGuy »

It looks very nice CMB, but to be honest, do we really need to repeat the first game's storyline in this one? Granted, it's skippable, but I sort of liked ProfessorDemetri's idea better, just a slideshow/scrapbook of the siblings, to establish the mood and get the story of this game started.
Accepting any and all ASM requests for A2MT. Just send me a PM.
Note: If I accepted your ASM request and you never heard back from me, please let me know. I feel like I've forgotten a few of them.
Also the creator of the new A2MT CMS. PM me if you have any questions.
Youtube Channel
Cmbheadquarters

Post by Cmbheadquarters »

I was acutally thinking that could go after, after all they all are parts of books, no? Thus begings a2mt... (Siblings) I thought it could be an old man telling the story, perhaps the artist? (Silouhetted)

For example: DON'T READ raocow
Artist: This is me and my creations... Everything is peaceful now.. .But back then.... I was... Differrent, to say the least. Demo, my creation, was working on an ole' ship.
To refresh ye memory, would ye like to here the story of the vegtable hunt of Demo? (Branch, Yes No) Now a different tale comes... I call it: A Second Mario Thing.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

We could add a library to wherever it is the treasure room is being placed that let's you read up on the backstory when/if you want. If we wanted to, and it were feasible, we could even go the extra mile and add entries for the Siblings as they're beaten and give the names for the enemies and all that.
Cmbheadquarters

Ometeotl wrote:We could add a library to wherever it is the treasure room is being placed that let's you read up on the backstory when/if you want. If we wanted to, and it were feasible, we could even go the extra mile and add entries for the Siblings as they're beaten and give the names for the enemies and all that.
This. and also, for that matter, perfect place for "unlockables" Like a hub.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

A library is not a bad idea. It probably wouldn't be too hard to do. As long as those cutscenes don't take up a lot of rom space (I don't know how they work), we could do it.
Wyatt

Post by Wyatt »

Alex wrote:Or use Demetri's. I'm seriously in love with that image, and having it be what we use would be amazing.
This a thousand times. It looks fantastic and it's simple; it's a perfect title screen.
Cmbheadquarters

I agree, but I still think we should make a library of sorts...
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

I honestly think having it scroll through a couple different title screens would be pretty cheesy.
Cmbheadquarters

N-n-n-n-n-n-n-noooo... Ya got me rawng, dawg! I mean as a hub world... Like in The Great Empire, you had a hub. A use for Yoshi's House.
ProfessorDemetri

Post by ProfessorDemetri »

*cough*
No Raocows, SPOILER ALERT!

ending01.png
Just an idea I was playing around with... Ending screen?

"You won't leave us... Will you?"
"No way!"
"Promise?"
"Promise!"
aaaaaaaaaaand, I'm off to bed lol
If you need help with anything, contact me on my skype: Demekun
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Sorry, Cmb. That wasn't directed to you. I was just giving my thoughts on THAT idea. I agree with you. I think the library is a good idea.
Davvic

Post by Davvic »

just remembered this
yoshicookiezeus wrote:I just realized that the title screen for A2MT needs to be done in this style.
as stated here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxGeZDDGsAY

No idea if its even possible, but when he posted that it definitely made me smile and laugh a bit. I didn't even know the title screen was up for discussion.

Just my 2 cents.
ProfessorDemetri

Post by ProfessorDemetri »

My friend, everything is up for discussion.
Tis the nice thing about a democracy lol.
Or should I say...
*glasses*
A DEMO-cracy!
If you need help with anything, contact me on my skype: Demekun
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

the title screen is a link to this thread.

Eeehm, but seriously, is it feasible to get a working library into the game and actually getting that done while we are still grappling with the trasure room stuff and the costume idea stuff that has kind of been discarded as well?
Diortem

Post by Diortem »

Hi Demitri, I'm going to work out the insertion of the titlescreen (which I like just as much as the rest :) ), but there's two things that I would like to ask:

1. The "Talkhaus presents..." is already part of the very first thing you see when booting the game, I dunno but it feels double to have it here as well.

2. I counted the colors (well, actually Paintshop did it) in the picture you put up and came to a staggering 975 individual colors... The theoretical limit is 256 individual colors (in Mode 7 only), on I decreased the color count to 256 using "optimized octree" reduction and got this. I hope this is acceptable to you, otherwise we need some other modifications. Personally, I only notice some difference with Garish only.
Optimized octree reduced to 256 colors
Optimized octree reduced to 256 colors
01_256color.gif (19.09 KiB) Viewed 8229 times
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

I'm gonna be honest, although the design is AMAZING, I don't really see it being a "good" title screen for A2MT. Like, a new player might come at it and be like "WTF" or something. Personally I think a title screen like in ASMT would be cool.

I dunno. Just my opinion.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

I agree with frostyfish completely. In fact, if you took out the text, I think it would be an absolutely perfect ending scene. As a title though .. eh, I don't think so.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

frostyfish & snn:
You guys have a really good point. It could definitely be weird to new players but work well as an ending screen. And I agree with frostyfish that I enjoy a "traditional" title screen. Anyone else have an opinion on this?
spitznagl
­­­­~1.68e+7 real colors

Post by spitznagl »

It's true that a completely static title screen could be weird, but it would be cool if some parts where somewhat animated. The white dots on the water could flicker to mimic light reflection on the waves, the clouds in the background could scroll sideways in a loop and the opened eyes could have some reflexion animations too. Sounds like a lot of work though and I don't even know if it's doable.
ImageImage
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

It being static isn't really the issue, though. :lol:
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Looking at it, my main issue is that Nevada has a pot in her dress instead of the flower just 'being there' :/
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Cup

Post by Cup »

You guys might be over thinking it a bit. The wtf boat sailed long ago. It comes with the territory for asmt and actively trying to avoid it at this point would totally change the atmosphere around here!

This image is probably fine wherever you put it. Intro or ending, it'd be great. I suggest just keeping it as the intro unless Demetri wants to make one that doesn't foreshadow any plot. It's totally good either way though.
Diortem

Post by Diortem »

Well, here's a first step of an in-game image using "Mode 3" rendering (as it's easier to handle than 7):
A2MT011.png
A2MT011.png (31.67 KiB) Viewed 8178 times
Yes I know, some tiles and a subset of the palette is glitched, due to the fact that the player sprite's DMA routines constantly override a few segments in VRAM (and this picture needs all of the 2 kB to render). I have yet to get rid of that without breaking the rest. If we want to stick with this another subscreen is needed for loading the level file, cause Layer 3 is not possible in "Mode 3". I don't see that as a problem, but it will cost some effort as well.

Spiznagl: I suppose it's possible to add some sparkle sprites, but because the entire rendering is done on a single layer I don't see movement of the clouds happening anytime soon.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I do wonder if that screen now should be better as an ending screen, followed by a 'THANKS FOR PLAY' of sorts. Though then, what should we have for the actual title screen?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

After I read Cup's post, I felt he was probably right and then felt a bit malleable.
I don't worrying about newcomers is too necessary; Cup explained nicely. I feel the only reason to make it an ending screen is to have a traditional title screen. I do like the nice feel of the title screens with the player moving around, but it's a super minor reason, and this picture is really good on its own right.