(shouting)

IPS Dredge: Levels Available (Update 8/02)

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
Money

Re: IPS Dredge: Levels Available (Update 8/02)

Post by Money »

AUS wrote:How "few and far between" are map16 slots? If there isn't many left, my level could become...un-drudgeable...in a way. And it would have to sleep until atmt*. :p

[*fanname for the third, being a third mario thing]
There's about 30 slots left
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Yeah, no, I think it's pretty impossible. It pretty much requires 2 map16 pages, or at least 2 half-pages if we're lucky, one of them BG. :P

Well.. darn sauce.
There is a chance for it, if the MAP16 used is already used in the same way by someone else. Ehh, It's not worth the trouble imo.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
ProfessorDemetri

Post by ProfessorDemetri »

Few and far between meaning, according to the wiki right now, is that there are no full pages of map16 left, only bits, piece, or half pages.
The only pages that are free, are BG pages.
If you need help with anything, contact me on my skype: Demekun
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

Hello there, it's 2am.

The deadline is very soon.
So I was thinking that maybe I can help A2MT by finishing some unfinished levels. I downloaded all the ones on the first post and tested them. While some of them are clearly unfinished and will take to much effort to finish before 17 November or they simply sucks, some of them are pretty good and are actually finished, they just wasn't submitted I think.
There is actually 2 or 3 levels that were finished and I enjoyed a lot:
Kristian - Thwomp Garden
DMII - LBS
DMII - LBS2
So I would like to "claim" these levels, and during my 3 days week-end I really finish them and post them in the clearing thread.
What do you think? Can I?
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Go for it!

If they are that good that you think they are worth this effort, I'm giving you the go ahead for all those you want. Make sure that any ressources that needs to be re-allocated is, ah, reallocated!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

...Well, this is embarrassing. This entire time, I've either been a forgetful moron or a lazy jackass. Usually both. So I suppose there isn't really much left for me to do at this point other than supply what I have left for the content dredge and hope somebody more reliable can pick up where I left off.
content dredge- frozen beach level thing.zip
A few notes for if anybody feels like reading them:
-There were two message boxes I was going to use with this level. The first would appear on its own at the start and say something along the lines of "oh no what happened, this is supposed to be a nice warm beach" and maybe mention something about the area's heating system. The second would be at the start of the third area and say something along the lines of "WARNING, TEMPERATURES DANGEROUSLY LOW, SYSTEM WILL OVERHEAT AND HAVE A CATASTROPHIC MELTDOWN IN TWO MINUTES TO COMPENSATE."

-That thing at the start is a frozen pond. I meant to have ice graphics for that and also to place a "goal sphere" beneath the ice, but I never got around to that.

-I can't remember if I changed the obstacle at the end of the first area. That may need to be fixed so that you don't have to kill yourself if you waste the P-switch.

-Somewhere in the second area, I had grinders that wouldn't show up in-game. It should be a simple fix, but once again, I never got around to actually fixing it.

-If possible, I'd like it if someone could remove the graphic at the top of the screen in the dark second area without removing the darkness.

-The third area will probably need a lot of graphical fixing. The glass blocks were originally placeholders for ice, and I had originally planned to have pipes running everywhere. They would be a purely visual thing, Demo wouldn't interact with them. For example, some would be layer priority and stretch vertically the entire way across the tunnel as Demo runs by.

-I seem to recall having an issue with walking through walls in a couple places near the fourth Dragon Coin, although I'm not sure exactly where.

-The fourth area is simply a thawed version of the first, with different enemy types. I started recreating it by hand, but now it occurs to me there's a much simpler way to do that.

-I was going to place the treasure chest at the far end of the fourth area. The pipe at that end would send the player back to the beginning of the fourth area, where the goal sphere is.
So yeah, there you have it. The framework for nearly the entire level is already there, all that it needs now are stylistic changes throughout the later areas, one or two bug fixes in the second room, and if possible a bit of refinement from somebody who actually knows what they're doing. At the least, this should be easy enough to finish up.

good lord I was supposed to upload this over a week ago what is wrong with me

EDIT: Forgot to mention which levels I had. The first area is level 110, then B9, BA, and... somehow I can't check the last one because Lunar Magic is acting up. The background music for the third area would be the Nuclear Fusion track, and I also should still have the music file Wyatt made for me for the first two areas a while back. If anybody wants it, let me know.
I don't really get it but okay
Fireyblaze

Post by Fireyblaze »

Oh yeah, I claim KingTwelveSixteen's level.Technically, I am making a completely new level as I find it very uninspired, but the gimmick will remain the same. In fact, I am about to post some progress of it in the Testing/Development thread.