(shouting)

Treasure Chest and stuff

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
Diortem

Re: Treasure Chest and stuff

Post by Diortem »

If you're using 2.16 or higher you don't need to do that anymore. Limepie already inserted the GFX00.bin into the base rom. That's why there was this line in the patching notes:

Note: Steps 1 and 2 are one-time only, so you may not need to apply them.
The one time referred to patching the base rom prior to 2.16. Perhaps a bit confusing, but I think you're the first person next to Limepie to actually work with this. ;) Btw. You don't need to do this yourself. You can just post the name, value, message and sprite tile & palette ID when submitting your level and get it inserted for you.

If you want to edit your own custom chest message/treasure for your own level you'll only need to apply step 4 (and repeat step 3 after that of course to get all the data inserted in the rom).
GanonTEK
Evil King
Location: Ireland. The Emerald Isle. (We got no emeralds though)

Post by GanonTEK »

Diortem wrote:If you're using 2.16 or higher you don't need to do that anymore. Limepie already inserted the GFX00.bin into the base rom. That's why there was this line in the patching notes:

Note: Steps 1 and 2 are one-time only, so you may not need to apply them.
The one time referred to patching the base rom prior to 2.16. Perhaps a bit confusing, but I think you're the first person next to Limepie to actually work with this. ;) Btw. You don't need to do this yourself. You can just post the name, value, message and sprite tile & palette ID when submitting your level and get it inserted for you.

If you want to edit your own custom chest message/treasure for your own level you'll only need to apply step 4 (and repeat step 3 after that of course to get all the data inserted in the rom).
ah thanks for that. Yeah i think i'll try and make something custom. No harm in trying. I've backed it up :)
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

GFX00 of the latest baserom. That is the right chest gfx.
If you don't have the chest in your baserom version, I HIGHLY suggest you switch to the latest and just move your level there. I don't think just putting in the chest into the baserom would even work because it may interfere with the patches.
m0nkey_n00b_force

Post by m0nkey_n00b_force »

Ometeotl wrote:
Diortem wrote:-Graphic insertion. I heard about a Kirby chest, but can't find any gfx. Can anyone help on that?
Image There's two chest designs on this sprite sheet.
I think that graphics from the great cave offensive be great for a cave level. The gimmic for the level could be that you need to find so many dragon coins to proceed in each room.
Your superpower is that you smell like dandelions whenever someone lies. How will you maintain your secret identity?
GanonTEK
Evil King
Location: Ireland. The Emerald Isle. (We got no emeralds though)

Post by GanonTEK »

limepie20 wrote:GFX00 of the latest baserom. That is the right chest gfx.
If you don't have the chest in your baserom version, I HIGHLY suggest you switch to the latest and just move your level there. I don't think just putting in the chest into the baserom would even work because it may interfere with the patches.
Oh i have switched to the latest and I used the patch folder in there instead of the one you can
download in the first post in this thread as that's missing a bunch of files.
Got the chest working and everything after lots of trial and error last night. You can see in the
other thread i posted a pic with my ips
Diortem

Post by Diortem »

Oh i have switched to the latest and I used the patch folder in there instead of the one you can
download in the first post in this thread as that's missing a bunch of files.
That's because it the download states to use 2.16 or higher. In any case to prevent stuff like this from happening I'll remove the download link. It's already in the base rom and there's no moew need to have the duplicate here.
Diortem

Post by Diortem »

One, possibly final, reply I'll post here. Is that the upcoming base rom will also have updated OW functionality for showing the coins/chest collection for a particular level.
-When all coins are collected the level name turns red (at first we wanted to use a golden color, but that didn't work out too well with the BG). The color is regular palette value that is easily changed in LM if a different one is necessary. Limepie, is also testing out different colors to see which one works well too, as bright red might not be the best for it.

-When the chest is collected an opened chest is shown next to the level name (when it isn't collected nothing is shown).
[technical details]I optimized SMW's code so the player status sprite tiles only use 4 instead of 16 tiles, which freed up some extended sprite tiles. Therefore, the patch won't impose any restrictions on the OW editing. [/technical details]
chest.png
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Woah, now that is amazing. I didn't expect this development at all!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

raocow wrote:Woah, now that is amazing. I didn't expect this development at all!
haha, when I first saw it, it surprised me, too,
kilon

Post by kilon »

Is there still room for a keyhole to show secret exits next to where the chest will appear or do you just simply add that to the title of the level?
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

As of now, we will just be adding it to the title of the level.
Diortem

Post by Diortem »

Seeing that we have 36 tiles for a level name that shouldn't be a problem. Plus the lock is static in the sense that it doesn't change while playing the game, so it is easiest to insert into the level name.
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Tails_155 »

Why not have the Layer 3 be a dark blue, then the gold would work fine, no? We are changing it anyway, aren't we?

Or Green. Or Black. Ooh! Forest Green! Try that! 1 Minute I'll get a sample version
raocow's favorite color is green, and green can complement gold.
Sample.png
Darken the colors if needed.
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

I'm not sure how much I like that green, but changing those colors could be a good idea. It could look a lot nicer than before.
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

Sample2.png
How about that?
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

It looks better, but I think something less on the green side and more blue or red would be better than green.
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

How about these?

Alternate idea: What if the four directions have different colors: red green blue and black?
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

The gray one is suprisingly nice.

If y'all don't like the green (which I have a personal bias for) the blue one would be appropriate for the whole 'demo' thing.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Tails_155 wrote:Alternate idea: What if the four directions have different colors: red green blue and black?
I like this idea. They all look fine.
We'd just need a color for the hub and final world. Black could probably work for the final world/hub and then purple could be the last path.

If we were to do this, that is.

I think we should, and if no one objects, I could take the palette colors for the black border and implement it into the next baserom.
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

And then here's teal if we need 6:

Hub
Path 1
Path 2
Path 3
Path 4
Endgame

and I support de-peachifying the BaseROM with whichever you choose

If the text doesn't work in black, you can make it white (for non-coin'd levels)

Would it take too much work to have a coinless font shade? So that way the levels that don't have coins are distinct?
Last edited by Tails_155 12 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
raocow

Post by raocow »

You know the tiny icons on the borders should probably be redrawn to their asmt equivalents.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Yeah you can send me the palettes or just post them here, I'll fix it (I prefer if you just give me the RGB values of the two palettes rather than a pallette file).
Tails_155 wrote:Would it take too much work to have a coinless font shade? So that way the levels that don't have coins are distinct?
Isn't the only level in the game with no coins the final final level?

Also, I agree with raocow.
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

Of the purple and teal?

ICONS:

Purple:
R: 155
G: 80
B: 155
Teal:
R: 44
G: 194
B: 165

Main BG:

Purple:
R: 106
G: 53
B: 106
Teal:
R: 29
G: 131
B: 111

Light Shadow:

Purple:
R: 90
G: 46
B: 90
Teal:
R: 26
G: 111
B: 94

Mid-shadow:

Purple:
R: 73
G: 37
B: 73
Teal:
R: 21
G: 89
B: 75

Dark Shadow:

Purple:
R: 56
G: 29
B: 56
Teal:
R: 16
G: 69
B: 58
limepie20 wrote:Yeah you can send me the palettes or just post them here, I'll fix it (I prefer if you just give me the RGB values of the two palettes rather than a pallette file).
Tails_155 wrote:Would it take too much work to have a coinless font shade? So that way the levels that don't have coins are distinct?
Isn't the only level in the game with no coins the final final level?

Also, I agree with raocow.
Switch Palaces -- if they're unreenterable then I don't think it's too fair, really...
Also, if we have the museum?
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Oh wow, I didn't realize there were that many colors. I forgot about the shadow. That's why I said two palettes.

I actually wanted all the colors and there's a lot there so you can just send me them if you want. Or just the black because that's what the baserom will have.

Also, yeah, I forgot about those levels. I don't think we can have custom fonts for levels, but we could probably have those levels automatically have a red palette as it's name color or something.
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

GOLD TEXT:
248, 216, 0

ICON:
BLACK: 95, 95, 95
RED: 196, 62, 43
GREEN: 82, 163, 75