(shouting)

Announcements: What's new, yo?

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Re: Announcements: What's new, yo?

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Even if limepie handed over his duties, there still should be a bunch of levels he fixed.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

Testing doesn't need to wait until 100% of the levels are fixed. It's would put quite a stain on the testers if we waited until the very end.
Servant

Post by Servant »

How close are you to release? I have been away from A2MT for a long time (I was sick at the lack of progress) and have not yet started on overhauling the manual. I need to know whether I should do that or don't even bother because nobody really cares about the plot in a Mario romhack.

EDIT: Okay, maybe I was exaggerating. Obviously, a few people care (including me), as it gives a reason to continue playing the game. But I realize most people (especially raocow) doesn't care.
Last edited by Servant 10 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
shdwdrgnix

Post by shdwdrgnix »

I just made it back after a month without my laptop due to hard drive failure, I managed to recover my level but with the final room missing so it needs my attention. I'll try to put up a more complete version of my level after my Internship that I'm currently doing ASAP.

Also, how close are we to breaking the VIP 5 production time?
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Yay, the Talkhaus is back. And I live in a great place now so I have plenty of motivation. I can say proudly that I'll be able to tick around no matter how long this project takes.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

I click my bookmark to the A2MT wiki and it lead me to a bunch of redirects to what I was sure to be Virus Central.
Fireyblaze

Post by Fireyblaze »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:I click my bookmark to the A2MT wiki and it lead me to a bunch of redirects to what I was sure to be Virus Central.
Nah, those are just the levels of the game. Don't you remember Coupon Clipping Cove? Or Ad Block Bay? My personal favorite is Hell Horror Hive.
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Tails_155 »

Always on-time with my replies. 3.11 is still downloadable in the other thread, and it has all the resources from that zip, if you're still searching.
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Tails_155 »

I don't know how much help I can be, but if there's any Map 16 and palette work that needs to be tweaked, let me know.
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Yes, they've already thought about it. Two of the previous leaders of A2MT were members from SMWC and many of the highly competent hackers at SMWC are busy working on SMWCP2 (Kipernal and HuFlungDu come to mind, two very competent coders). Come to think of it, members from there have actually had a fair amount of involvement in this already.

...on that note, if A2MT ever gets done, it will be the result of one or two people drudging through to the end at this point. There are no other ways the community can really get "involved" without getting in the way (until beta testing). Too much of it relies on specific bug fixing or tweaking old levels substantially, and since many of the original authors have since left .. yeah. That's one of the downsides to letting a collab run for this long. In that regard, SMBX is much easier to collaborate in.

edit:
they seem open to the possibilities of collaborative projects.
We are open to collaboration projects that form between the forums, yes, but we don't want to merely be used as a resource for people to do your dirty work or bolster your contest numbers. You said it yourself - there is a history, and even to this day there are still fairly sour tidings after the way some people here have treated the userbase there. Hell, one of the supposed collab leaders here has "Why everyone here hates SMWC" in his signature. That doesn't exactly make members of the community feel very welcome here now, does it (and yes, people have seen it and commented on it from there)?

Just throwing that out there.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

Just wanted to toss it out there:

When I get the time (after MAGLX is done, at least), I want to re-tweak my level 'Ye Olde Spookhouse' because I feel it could be improved;
I've decided the P-switch climb in the first section is a bit too demanding after watching a couple others (brother and cousin) fail to complete it after several tries, so I'm going to change some of the temporary platforms into permanent ones.
Additionally, I wonder if the fact that the following section with the ghost-Blarggs is 'the coolest part of the level' (according to... I forget, probably a couple people said so) (and is probably the most difficult section too) means that it should be moved to the end of the level instead of the middle and swapped with the Ninji portion. However, that would mean rebuilding both sections entirely in order to swap the direction of travel for both, and it would sorta-kinda 'ruin' the 'theme' I had of the crowded, claustrophobic attic and the wide open pit of the basement. I dunno if anyone else would have any thoughts about this?
As much as I'd like to help further,
S.N.N. wrote:There are no other ways the community can really get "involved" without getting in the way (until beta testing).
if this is the case, then I guess I can't really, especially since I don't think I'd be a great tester because I'm not good at looking to specifically break levels and such >_> (though I wouldn't mind trying to tweak old levels if it were needed).
Although at some point I started a rough draft of a theoretical 'instruction booklet' since I wasn't too pleased with the bare-bones one someone else had come up with. Maybe I could try working on that too.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Sayuri
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Sayuri »

SMWC is a good place when it comes to collaboration projects... despite the history we have. As far as I know though, we've mostly gotten over that already.I don't see why we can't have some members come and help with the last things that need to be done. A lot of people, as far as I know, have been looking forward to A2MT and we're really far in, and I don't think canning the project would do any good, if that was to be chosen. We should open up a little more and let people help (well, not any random person, they have to know a lot of SMW stuff, of course), so we can move things along.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

HackerOfTheLegend wrote:despite the history we have.
No offense, but based on your post alone, I'm 100% certain you have no idea about any of the incidents/feuds the two sites have had in the past.

That, and what alex2 quoted/I said.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

what is this handful of little things left to do anyway
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.