(shouting)

Announcements: What's new, yo?

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Announcements: What's new, yo?

Post by raocow »

All those now have 'spots' on maps so if any of these levels get 'freed up' their position will have to be taken in considering for anyone filling up the gap.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Well, if he doesn't show up soon, we have to start thinking of a new final final level.
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

obviously, if abl's 'muncher sea' is too big to fit in the game, what we should do is pull a Kanji Factory 2 (but with a better name) that uses the lyrics for the Lullaby.
raocow

Post by raocow »

actually because I have so many german viewers (for some reason) it should be in german.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Kanji Factory was a level I really liked in ASMT so I am plenty willing to design its sequel if anonymousbl's level turns out not being possible to insert (though it really looked like he put a ton of effort in it.. I don't think it should be wasted just like that, but uh)

Also I don't know german so I'd make the lyrics in french, haha.

raocow

Post by raocow »

well okay if another level is also a no-show then.

it should have black plague as a boss but even easier to kill than in asmt.
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

Jesuiscontent wrote:Kanji Factory was a level I really liked in ASMT so I am plenty willing to design its sequel if anonymousbl's level turns out not being possible to insert (though it really looked like he put a ton of effort in it.. I don't think it should be wasted just like that, but uh)

Also I don't know german so I'd make the lyrics in french, haha.
We already have a level with french language. I can send you the German lyrics of the Lullaby. :)
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

raocow wrote:it should have black plague as a boss but even easier to kill than in asmt.
He should start the battle by floating over towards Demo but then float right into a stationary shell and die immediately.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

No... German is terrible.. Such an un-lullaby-y language.
Meh, whatever, I'm biased, of course.

Oh and we should just make ABL's level a 2$ DLC on steam, no?

And I'm sorry. Didn't do any tile work on the maps or anything and also the mentioned levels might not all be a spot set, not sure though.

I was just really busy with different stuff lately :?
also I'm writing this from my
vacation with iPhone hotel wi-fi so see ya'll in a week!
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Wonder if I can find any of these still.
http://youtu.be/iyNxBcTo4bQ

As for Pily I can barely even do ASM anymore, so out of practice. As for Alex, reluctant on putting it out there for silly reasons. Aside from whether or not I can find an at least stable version. iirc the last thing I had doesn't even insert without crash.

Hmhm I completely missed an almost the end of A2MT thread.

Here's what ASMT had that A2MT didn't.

We had people who were not only very interested in SMW Hacking and raocow stuff at the time, but they also took care of things on their own without being asked for the most part. Not only that but the top guys there were very skilled in what we chose to do.

Then we all quit for our various reasons. Some of us burnout although in my case I was done with SMW Hacking entirely more or less. I barely can do ASM anymore and besides I should be learning a real programming language by now.

Sure we had everyone knowing we needed a solid leader for A2MT... but noone with the will and skill to just pick us up. It's easy to know what something needs but know you can't take that spot. In ASMT I came out of nowhere and archived all the graphics and stuff without anyone asking. We were lucky to have ASMers and porters who were like this. Another thing is that they were there from the start of the project. Had I came in in the middle of it, collecting all the graphics would've been much harder cause I'd have had to go through tons of posts I hadn't seen yet and such. That's a problem with A2MT. It's hard to pick up out of nowhere.

Anyway I lost my harddrive now ;s got taken to my sister's house.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
DaxterSpeed

Post by DaxterSpeed »

I have no idea what thread to post this in but anyway:
I would like to request the removal of my hack.

Why? Because:
* it clashes.
* it will probably be broken on release.
* it's not fun.
* and because I do not want to be associated with certain contributors of this hack.

That was all I wanted to say.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

bye
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

As everyone might know by now there is raocow video on the progress of A2MT. It would have been nice if there was coordination for this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVfY3SFQ ... e=g-user-u

As far as "normal" levels go there are 4 NOT 3, as there is still one Switch palace

1. Pheonix, previous holder of a switch palace has made an inconspicuous edit relinquishing his level.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1298&start=300#p138712
Now there is a talkhauser who expressed interest in a level recently(franky) and another on the reserve list (systemkrash). I'm not sure if the reserve list is current.

2. Tenta, current holder of a level is going though the 12 tasks of level clearing. He has yet to slay a Charliedragon and rescue a touhou from the depths of hell.

3. shdwdrgnix has been making steady progress in the T&D Stage. We have the time

4. Capefeather had post in the submissions thread, but did so very poorly. It doesn't seem ready and he hasn't read the first post of the thread explaining how to submit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other news: We seem to be in the final laps. As such we should quantify exactly what's left to do. I suggest system crash might want to start a checklist thread(or rename a current thread) where anyone can post and suggest things that need to be done

Also we can invite all the old level creators to improve their level. Testing and development could be renamed to reflect this. Also some sort of announcement needs to be made.

I also had the idea to include level comments within the credits list. These comments would be from the creator or testers/developers, and each level can have up to two quotes if one is from the creator. A new thread could be made for this I guess.

I would like to have the moderator/leaders opinions on this.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

I will make a checklist real soon. I really like that idea.
I don't quite understand your level comments idea. What would a level creator write?
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

limepie20 wrote:I will make a checklist real soon. I really like that idea.
I don't quite understand your level comments idea. What would a level creator write?
how they feel about the level, the history of the level. I don't know if the people would have much to say. It would be had not to spoil too much.

Examples

003- Skyway to wonderland (septentrion pleiades)
~Used to be a half of a level, but then it was decided it should stand alone.(septentrion pleiades)
~*Something about composing the music*(wyatt)

00E- Time will hide your way (septentrion pleiades)
~this is my attempt at having the player interacting with something invisible, while having it still be fun.(Septentrion Pleiades)
~I still havn't found the secret exit (Tester name here)

021- Something to do with layer 2 (septentrion pleiades)
~I always wanted to make a Layer 2 level (septentrion pleiades)
~I think that it will be the most memorable level in this part of the game(Person)

10F -I need a P (septentrion pleiades)
~My first public level. I originally made it from one of my earliest experiments with lunar magic, and it's nothing like it was back then(septentrion pleiades)
raocow

Post by raocow »

that seems like a LOT of work though. As in, do we even have space for all this?
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

raocow wrote:that seems like a LOT of work though. As in, do we even have space for all this?
The credit's readme file would be about maybe 50 kbs after this. I still don't know if it's a good idea because not many people might have something to say.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

I would like to announce we now have an organized of keeping track of all suggested changes to current level that have been inserted. As of now most levels are considered unjudged.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2487

In the OP is our comprehensive list of changes. Anyone who want's to help can use to OP as a reference of what still needs to be tested. The black level are the ones that need the most review. All level are still subject to review.

To request changes, just post in the thread ala Misterdeepay style. Systemkrash, limepie and I are able to edit the OP to add your suggestion. In this way anyone can help and be effectively tracked.

Red level are broken, and are the first priority for fixing
Yellow are the debatable level
Green are considered good.

There is also a Blue category of level that will be given out sparingly at this point. I would like two person integrity before confirming something as "All Good". This will probably involve teams of testers. As baserom changes can ruin a level, This color will be mostly unobtainable at this point. Green Levels are the goal for levels.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

According to some random editor on TvTropes, the project my never be finished.

So far of the the three major things that need a lot of work (level fixes, overworld, and bosses), only the lack of bosses seems to be major obstacle. I know the sibling halls are suppose to be a replacement, but even thoses seem to have no progress.

I suggest we do a raocow announce contest for boss halls.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

No actually, I don't believe the sibling halls will give too much trouble. Two are very close to finished, I need to make some fixes to raocow's and it will be finished, I will try to finish Schnurmanator's, and I think two others are being worked on.
raocow

Post by raocow »

For whatever else is left, we can substitute an existing boss fight with a graphic replacement (with authorial consent. I know that Terry always said his boss was a temporary graphic, for example)
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

What's with the final boss? Is he finished?
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

Slit08 wrote:What's with the final boss? Is he finished?
Sorry, I don't think we have one.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

I've uploaded an attachment here which is a generator that must be inserted as a sprite. It's from YCZ and I cannot get it to work. It simply crashes the game but he said there's nothing in the code that would do that as far as he sees. Could someone try to get it inserted into the latest baserom and working. So I at least know if it's me or not. It's for a layer 2 smash level. Here were previous notes from YCZ:
Insert it as a normal sprite, and set it to process offscreen. The values stored to $1540,x are the times to perform the next action, so if you want to edit the range, that's it. And you probably want to have the initial layer 2 position set to 00, or you might run into some overflow issues with the position.
This info was before he updated it a tiny bit but it may still hold some water. I will have to abandon a great (so far) section if I cannot get this working. My sprite slot is 4A, and I just used an .cfg file from a normal sprite because I had no idea there. Not too good in this area, just creating levels in general. I must be doing something wrong. his first version worked but had an odd issue, so he gave me this version to fix the overflow issue but it just crashes the game. I used level mode 02 I think it is, ten screen max, layer 2 interaction yes.

I don't think this problem is as hard as I make it to be, so hopefully someone could help here!
Attachments
fastsmash.zip
(570 Bytes) Downloaded 76 times
raocow

Post by raocow »

it's done but only secretly.