(shouting)

Level Clearing

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Re: Level Clearing

Post by Argumentable »

GanonTEK wrote:Argumentable, I've told you. That p switch is to get the dragon coin. Don't you see the cracked wall and brown blocks to the left of it? You can't get the 5 coins without it so I can't remove it.
I hate to tell you this, but I got everything without that P-Switch. I think either you are not talking about what I am talking about or you did not do what you thought you did

Edit: Yeah you have 6 parrot coins
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
GanonTEK
Evil King
Location: Ireland. The Emerald Isle. (We got no emeralds though)

Post by GanonTEK »

Ok, did the changes I said i would.
Had to make some others too.
Loving the new lock :)

ips is here
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

fair enough, I'll move the midway entrance to the last screen with a way to get back up to the secret entrance.
wait, I can't go past screen F, right.
I'll use the spare secondary exit I reserved for that.
And yeah, I noticed the goal sphere thing earlier but didn't really bother, I'll change that also.
So, would that be all?
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Yeah, you're cleared.
GanonTEK
Evil King

Post by GanonTEK »

Argumentable wrote:
GanonTEK wrote:Argumentable, I've told you. That p switch is to get the dragon coin. Don't you see the cracked wall and brown blocks to the left of it? You can't get the 5 coins without it so I can't remove it.
I hate to tell you this, but I got everything without that P-Switch. I think either you are not talking about what I am talking about or you did not do what you thought you did

Edit: Yeah you have 6 parrot coins
Ahh that makes sense now :)
Sorry about that :( I completely forgot about the coin in the portal room. My original plan was to have the 5 coins in the first half. Is that a good or bad idea?
I'll probably remove the one beside the silver p.

Anything else I need to do?

Well done finding that out! :)
Thanks again
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

agie:
You most definitely linked the wrong rom. I has some weird intro and then the level is called diddyboy100 and the level crashes a few steps in.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

TL;DR version: Here's a level, herp! AUS: A Layer 2 Romp.
Time to spend version: So I had a vacationer type thing for a week and had no more responses in the testing topic so in the spirit of getting this thing finished, here I am!
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Saturn Moriya

Post by Saturn Moriya »

Oh jeesh, I'm so awesome. http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/13354/A2MT%2Bpatch.ips

As I said before, I don't know how to insert steak bill and the chest. I'm sorry about that.

Your blood their blood serves the same!!
GanonTEK
Evil King

Post by GanonTEK »

Hi, made a few little changes in the chest room.
Hope it's reduced the slowdown. I spaced out the pickup blocks more and removed a thwimp or two.
Also, the dragon coin at the end of that room is gone. the one under the door.

My image in the chest disappeared for some reason but fortunately when i applied my last patch to a clean rom it was ok. No idea why is was gone. Made me panic for a bit.

I think Argumentable said the 'boss' room was a bit easy so i took out the powerup block and moved the top p switch down to the bottom on the opposite side to make it a little harder.

I've had to remove the fireballs in the final room as to keep palettes correct for the mushroom if you had one in your storage box. I put something else there instead.

ips attacked below as I remembered that the limit is now 1mb.

For testing:
1st door goes to the portal room right after midpoint [on the 1st screen]
2nd door goes to the chest room [on the 2nd screen]
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

You know peeps, what with the looming date and all, it'd be nice if we could limit the backlog here as much as possible. I'm aware everyone got some busy times going but, I dunno, it doesn't seem fair to the people trying to get things done I guess?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Maybe you need to activate some more people who can clear stuff. By "can" I mean "will"
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

The problem is, he has.

At the very least, I'd almost say that as long as people have their level READY for clearing by the deadline, then they're safe. I don't see why it is such a huge rush to get things cleared. I mean, yeah, I get that the project has been going for almost two years and that people really want to get it done, but testing and feedbacking levels thoroughly takes a lot of time. I know that Wyatt and the others are working hard, so I'm sure they'll eventually get around to this.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

S.N.N. wrote:At the very least, I'd almost say that as long as people have their level READY for clearing by the deadline, then they're safe.
Yes, I've been marking whether they've finished their level, not whether their level is cleared or inserted.
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

So here is the old Kristian's level ready to be cleaned then inserted:
http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/410/A2MT22% ... Garden.ips

Good night everyone.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
Wyatt

Post by Wyatt »

agie777: You're cleared! Difficulty: ★☆. But do a couple things before you submit:
-Have a coin or coin trail directing the player towards the second dragon coin.
-In the background made of SMW sprites, change the ON switch to A2MT's penguin switch.
-Not sure if there was a chest, if not and you can't figure out how to insert it, just put a 3-up moon as a placeholder. Then just mention it when you submit the level (and don't forget to mention the beefsteak graphic thing too).

Also, I have a couple thoughts to share, though you don't have to address them if you don't want to since we're short on time:
-I found the secret exit a little too easy, vestigial even. Just making the flying section a screen longer or so without adding anything new would make the area feel a bit more complete.
-Not sure how I feel about the end area. I get the VIP reference and it actually did make me laugh, but more out of confusion than anything. It's also significantly harder than the rest of the level. Leave it in if you feel it's important, but personally I'd remove it. Note that the SMW bowser music seems to break bsnes so that'll have to be changed even if you do keep the area in.

AUS: Should be able to clear you after some minor fixes. Difficulty: ★★★★ (~25 deaths)
-You get the time up glitch when you die. Also, the game over screen shows demo having a messed up palette. Not sure whether these are your fault or the fault of the baserom, so disregard if it's the latter.
-What up with the dragon coin outlines all over the place? At first I thought they were really supposed to be dragon coins but I think (tell me if I'm wrong) that there were more than 5 outlines + real coins.
-It'd be cute if you wrote "Beware the physics!!" in the background before the autoscroll part, since it really does feel like the part in ASMT with the same message.
-I didn't really feel in control at the end of said autoscroll part, you might want to tone it down a bit, i.e. have less inclines (you can't jump while on an incline if the scroll speed is too fast) and larger platforms. Do this and the level will become a solid ★★★☆.
-The very last bit in the chest area is a real dick move. You get pushed into the ceiling, but you can't actually see where the ceiling starts? Not fair. You even have to get pushed up NEAR the ceiling to get high enough to make the final jump. Really all you have to do here is get rid of the layer 2 bit that covers up the layer 1 ceiling. (If I worded that weird and you don't know what I mean, PM me and I'll take some screenshots.)
Ganontek: Cleared! Difficulty: ★★☆. Two things to note before you submit it though:
-Time limit felt a bit strict, could you bump it up to 800?
-I only found 4 parrot coins. If you say there are 5 I'll believe you, but you should check and make sure.

Yogui: One thing left to do, then you'll be cleared. Difficulty: ★★
-I don't like the music. It'd not fitting and it just isn't a very good song. A couple suggestions for replacement:
Slot 65 - NSMB Theme (Might be 67 not 65)
Slot 34 - Green Hill Zone
Forest Theme by Rockdet (Not in the game, but can be downloaded here.
If one of those fits well, set your level to use it and I'll clear you. If none do then try and find something else, then report back here.
I think I've addressed all the people waiting for feedback here; if I missed someone, please let me know!
GanonTEK
Evil King

Post by GanonTEK »

Thanks Wyatt

Bumped time from 777 to 800 for you and yup there is 5 coins. Maybe you missed the one at the start
through the cracked wall? The rest should be visible as you go.

So, what do I do now? Do i have to give you my exgfx files and things?
I'll attach one more ips with the testing doors gone and the changes you asked me to make, made.

thanks again :)
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Once it's cleared, go see the OP of the submission thread to learn what you have to do~

(Wyatt's edit: In case there's any ambiguity, yep, it's cleared)
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

paralars said It should be at clearing so... http://www.mediafire.com/?ysmm7lddr8foljy

I'm not sure if any of the testers passed it, but I assure you it is humanly passable. I push the boundary on my very limited LM knowledge for this one.
capefeather

Post by capefeather »

I suppose I should post again. I'm not sure why because presumably only one person has downloaded and patched my level now so I guess I just have to wait on him for whatever he says. (btw the reason I made the patch from baserom 2.2 was I figured the clearers had the baserom anyway and it seemed redundant to submit a patch that contains all of the submitted baserom changes AND the changes from my level. That and the patch itself was getting too large for the post submission and I guess I could have uploaded onto SMWC like other have done. But w/e) Sorry if I'm sounding overly negative. I'm just...
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

you should usually make the patch from a clean rom, if that makes it too big, upload to SMWC or something else (or have your level in a rom without all the other a2mt stuff)
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

capefeather wrote:I suppose I should post again. I'm not sure why because presumably only one person has downloaded and patched my level now so I guess I just have to wait on him for whatever he says. (btw the reason I made the patch from baserom 2.2 was I figured the clearers had the baserom anyway and it seemed redundant to submit a patch that contains all of the submitted baserom changes AND the changes from my level. That and the patch itself was getting too large for the post submission and I guess I could have uploaded onto SMWC like other have done. But w/e) Sorry if I'm sounding overly negative. I'm just...
Argumentable wrote: edit: capefeather I can't even play yours I get a bad rom error
Argumentable wrote: edit: capefeather I can't even play yours I get a bad rom error
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Septentrion Pleiades:
I have a few problems with this level. I like it but it's too confusing. It took me a very long time to figure out what was going on in the first two parts and then I started looking for the P-Switch but it's very annoying to hit every block in the level looking for it. The night part was too hard because of all the bros everywhere. I think you are using them way too excessively. I didn't like the ghost house part, either. It's just carrying around the pswitch with you, which I don't find very fun. It was also had like the second part. I like how the level is non linear but the problem is there is one short solution so when you are exploring, you are looking for a p switch. I think you could make this a lot better, but I advise scrapping the ghost house portion and making something good out of what you have.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

I understand that the night part might be too hard, so I'll fix that. I'll put the the first P switches you need in plainer sight and put in better clues to where the are.

Unfortunately the ghost house part is my favorite part. I have a idea to make resetting the ghost easier house so exploring it would be easier. I do believe I can keep the rushed feeling of the ghost house while making the whole level less frustrating.

Is carrying the P switch thought the ghost house really that bad? You only need it right after you know directly where you are going.

Edit: I would rather have the house part than the night part, if you really want a easier level.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:Edit: I would rather have the house part than the night part, if you really want a easier level.
Alright, you can try that. I just liked the night part a lot more than the house part. But I do think one of them needs to be removed (and made easier).
Lobster_Horde

Post by Lobster_Horde »

Hello, the testing thread thinks my level is ready for clearing, so here is the IPS.

http://files.chemicalservers.com/downlo ... TFINAL.ips

Thanks go to ProfessorDemetri for the background, Isocitration for the bird graphic, Paralars for some ASM, and Cheeseofdoom for the palette.