(shouting)

Level Clearing

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
Paralars

Re: Level Clearing

Post by Paralars »

Well, it seems that cliff koopa really was a bit confusing, I removed it.
The lakitu was being problematic anyway, so i moved it to appear a bit later, when you aren't as high anymore.
Okay, I took care of everything you mentioned and I think everything should be fine now, but just to make sure, here is a last version, you can just look for your mentioned things in LM if you want.
Deja Vu.ips
by the way, this level contains 10 hidden 1-ups, why am I so generous?
My other level had 2 unneeded stars and 8 1-ups :lol:
7TC7
Squanshy Cat
Pronouns: he

Post by 7TC7 »

7TC7 wrote:tc:
Good job, buddy.
Cleared. Take 'er over to the insertion thread and follow the directions there.
3.5 stars of difficulty!
If thats the case, wonderful.
Now, there is but one last question I am having. About that chest, all levels have.
Right now it still has that placeholder 3up replacing it. I'm asuming I should do something about that, or will that be done in insertion, which I kinda doubt? I'm not really up to searching through long threads for an answer so... is the chest already in the baserom, how do I get at it and put it in the level. I'm asuming it's again some map16 stuff, but a short explanation would be great nontheless.
Just reposting on the new page, as it seems to have been overlooked.
Meet me at YouTube and watch Touhou stuff!
Isocitration

Post by Isocitration »

7TC7:
I'm sure someone would insert the chest for you after you submit it, but you can do it yourself if you want.

The chest is a custom sprite (5C), and assuming you're using base rom 2.16 or higher for your level, it should already be inserted. Dunno if you know how to insert custom sprites, so I'll just give some brief instructions.

Make sure you're in sprite insertion mode in the level that you want the chest in. Press the insert key on your keyboard (or go to Edit > Insert Manual...) and a window should pop up. For Command, type 5C and for Extra Bits, type 2. Leave the rest as 0 and hit ok. The sprite will appear in the top left corner of screen 00 as a black box with a pink X. Simply drag that sprite to the desired location and test if it works.
raocow wrote:you are dommed iso.
7TC7
Squanshy Cat
Pronouns: he

Post by 7TC7 »

That Worked. Thank you very much.
Meet me at YouTube and watch Touhou stuff!
Schnurmanator

Post by Schnurmanator »

Level: 117
Sublevels: BB, 34, C4
User: Schnurmanator
Title: Demo's Wondrous Pitfall!
*Exits: 2
*Difficulty: Medium (I think)
*Type: forest/cave
Exgfx files: FC-FF
  • All the EXGFX files were drawn by me, but were inspired by Pitfall! on Atari 2600.
Map16 - their on the wiki and updated.
*Sprites: 80, 81, and 8B
  • 80 - 00coins.asm - made by Darkguitar4life
    81 - cointele.asm - made by Iceguy
    8B - Muncher.asm
*Custom Blocks:
  • Tile 40F - Block ID 380 - DownPass.asm - Made By Sonikku
    Tile 110E - Block ID 381 - powerup.bin
    Tile 2E8B - Block ID 382 - hurt.bin
    Tile 1163 - Block ID 383 - 1-Up.asm - Made by Paralars
*Music Slots: 83 and 5D
  • 83 - Pitfall! 2 Main Theme - ported by W4mp3/ShUriK KiD
    5D - Super Pitfall! Main Theme - Port by Wyatt
* - should be updated on the wiki

What I've done: I've inserted the 1-Up block instead of using 3-Up moons; I've changed the cave section so it's not that annoying; I've changed the time; I've inserted all the correct blocks/sprites. Also, I'm using the original dragon coins, not the block/sprite ones.

I think I'm ready for this testing in the Level Clearing section :D

http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/8017/level117_1.3.ips

Enjoy!
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

Finally, here is my level. Again. And I hope it will be the last time I will post it.
Nothing new compared to the previous version, except that I changed the map16 that were used by someone else and I added the parrot coin objects and the treasure.
Also my level was made on the baserom 2.17 so the parrot coin are glitched in the vertical level, but it will be fixed when inserting to the baserom.

Download the ips, with all the resources here (so if this level pass the clearing, I can submit the same link in the submission thread) :
http://www.mediafire.com/?iey2c184i4opb36

Edit: And I added some informations about my level in the A2MT wiki.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
capefeather

Post by capefeather »

So apparently people forgot about my level that I had posted.
Attachments
1a.rar
(364.87 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Wyatt

Post by Wyatt »

raocow wrote:Hey jerks, there's a pretty big clearing backlog building up.
yogui: You're cleared! Just to be safe, mention in the submissions thread that you're using the old dragon coins. Difficulty: ★★

schurmanator: I like this level a lot, really nice aesthetic! Difficulty: ★★★
First Half:
-Remove the filtration system at the start, Demo gets autofiltered to big between levels.
-Some of the graphics didn't fit in super well, specifically where you broke the "double pixel width" atari limitation (snakes, clouds, etc). You should edit your exgfx where it breaks that rule. (FAKEEDIT: Except for the octobro swap, he's perfect as is. Though the bananas he throws can be fixed, and also should be solid yellow, no black outline.)
-The pits filled with water can just be stood on, they should behave like water.
-There are two parrot coins in the first half, so there are actually 84 coins! Easiest thing would be to make the parrot coins not count as actual coins somehow (levelASM maybe?). Do NOT remove regular coins, as already-collected parrot coins may not end up being re-collectable.
Message.png
-This is kinda hard to replicate, seemed to work best for me when I hit the block to pop up the message, then got a little momentum and jumped off the message box. Vertical scrolling turns on for some reason. Not sure how to fix this.
-The chest room is cute :3 not sure if the stationary birds should hurt you though. I guess most of them should since it'd be too easy otherwise, but the two at the end certainly shouldn't.

After midpoint:
-I swam up the waterfall, then I got pushed into a wall and died.
-Where the midpoint spawns you, it's possible to jump over the brick wall with full momentum and some luck. Just lower the pipe a tile.
-The cloud room is nice the first time but boring to have to redo after every death. Move the midpoint to after the cloud room.
-Is it possible to get the 1-up mushroom to use exgfx? All the other 1-ups look like treasures, this one should too.
-The collision detection on the roof in the cave is kinda wonky, guessing it acts like cement blocks. Should act like actual ceiling slopes.
ledge.png
-I unexpectedly stood on this stalactite my first time through, which cancelled my spinjump and made me fall face-first onto a gator. Should be solid; guessing this is just something you overlooked since it doesn't seem to have any purpose as a ledge.
foreg.png
-I figured these stalagmites would be in the foreground and I wouldn't be able to stand on them, put an enemy on this one so the player knows its safe.

This is probably more feedback than you were expecting, but this level actually feels pretty close to completion. Good luck finishing it up!
That's enough for today. Paralars, capefeather, sorry I didn't get around to clearing you guys! If one of the other clearers can take care of you that'd be swell, but if not I'll get around to it as soon as I can manage. But if another clearer does read this, this should get priority:
Wyatt wrote:Can somebody clear miguel's level? I'd do it, but only two people have given him any feedback and I'm one of them.
For convenience, his post:
miguel21450 wrote:Okay, there's my level (AGAIN), this time all the issues are fixed. The lava is acting now like tile 1FF and the lava's color was made a little blueish, compared to the rest of the level.
http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/12792/CIC%2BV1.3.zip
Also, is there anyone whos level needs clearing that I didn't mention in this post? If so please someone tell me.
Wyatt

Post by Wyatt »

Double posting!

capefeather: Man, this level is toned down like crazy from the version I remember. Really close to being finished! Difficulty: ★★☆
-Midpoint's broken. Spawns you over a death hole.
-I don't really like how there are offscreen ceilings, specifically with the 3 thwomps in the first sublevel and throughout the entire third sublevel. Lower (so it's visible) or remove the first one and remove the one in the third sublevel.
-2nd sublevel: The p-switch should be an on/off switch considering how little it does, it feels weird using a p-switch to get rid of just one block. This would also eliminate the need for a reset door. The pipe should also be blocked by 2 blocks, it looks lopsided right now.

4th sublevel:
-coins usually point to safety, but here they point to munchers. Just remove the coin trails since the whole point of this area is to take your time and physically look at what's below you.
-There's a row of 6 yellow spikes; when layer 2 is all the way to the left, one (or two, I forget) of them is hovering on nothing and looks cut off.
-Near the bottom, where you give out a mushroom for the player to spinjump through a block, they land on a megaspike. It's basically unavoidable and feels cheap, even if there isn't really any danger afterwards.

That's it, once you fix that stuff I should be able to clear you.

Paralars: Fun level! Difficulty: ★★☆
-The parrot coins are raocoins, you'll need to update your exgfx.
1.png
-It always looks wrong when demo collides with the left side of these tiles (the land mass ones, which she's facing in the screenshot), there's a reason SMW never let you go inside landmasses that use them. Use the walk-through sides where possible.
-In the same screen, you can jump over the dragon coin using the vine and go over the world. A crafty player might build a coin block bridge to the left, allowing them to...
1b.png
skip a bunch of the level!
2.png
-You can do the same thing here with a bit of momentum. This ends up trapping demo. Move the pipe down a bit.
-You can go over this same area from the other side, using lakitu's cloud. Easiest solution to this is to have the very top row of tiles in the land mass act like cement blocks instead of empty. You could still go over, but you wouldn't be able to fall in and get stuck.
-Invisible coin block ceilings feel cheap, ideally you shouldn't need them at all. If they currently stop you from breaking the level, just make those parts of the level unbreakable.
3.png
-This shouldn't be a death hole, it's a curious-looking spot and all logic dictates that there should be ground there.

-The "midpoint room" is unnecessary, considering that it ultimately plops you out in the starting sublevel. Just have it spawn you where the door currently puts you.
This screenshot again
-Here, it's real easy to not realize where you are and accidentally go back to the start of the level. The invisible coin blocks (the two between the two pipes) preventing you from skipping stuff should just be regular coin blocks so you can't un-skip stuff either.
Haha, love the blocked pipe fakeout w/ the p-switch door.
-The 3-up moon is supposed to be the chest right? If not, then I guess I didn't find the chest. If so, don't forget to replace it with tile 5C.
4.png
-This is where you end up after going under the goal. First off, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the raocoin back here is the sixth one in the level. Next, the arrow tells me to go right, but right is just a death hole. Also, the smiley face made out of smiley faces: from its eye, I can jump over the blue pipe and end up at the midpoint room.

This is probably a lot more than you expected to hear, even if half of it is basically "You can go over the ceiling sometimes". Luckily, it should be your last revision, as the level feels very much done other than these tweaks.
There we go, the clearing backlog is taken care of! EXCEPT FOR MIGUEL'S LEVEL COME ON SOMEBODY CLEAR IT IT'S NOT EVEN LONG AT ALL
capefeather

Post by capefeather »

My situation hasn't really changed from my last outburst at Testing, but perhaps I can still make the changes.

I shortened the first room, and I remembered to move everything... except the midpoint spawn point...

I was going to use an ON/OFF switch, but I couldn't find any switch-dependent blocks, and I don't know if I can pick up SpriteTool or BlockTool or whatever I need to make them in my current real life situation.

It's been hard to gauge the different opinions on my level. The coin trails in the last room are an example where I tried to attend to the many "blind jump" issues that people were bringing up. It's kind of ironic that you mention the bottom part because I intended for the player to see the vine and drop toward that. The best solution is probably a lot simpler than that, though.

Dealing with the different criticisms has been a big part of the trouble that I've experienced with this level. With all the people saying basically that it's still too hard/unfair, I end up regretting the changes somewhat when you comment on how toned down it is. I get that criticism, even contradictory criticism, is a large part of projects in general. If I had had the opportunity to test other people's levels like raocow keeps suggesting to get better feedback, maybe this would have been easier to handle and better handled.

I feel like I'm just rambling at this point so I'll just end here.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

Wyatt, first off, I appreciate your efforts!
Welp, even thought, I got like 2 "Do this and this and you're cleared" responses before and already posted in submission, I'll change the level a bit more.
I will try to "break" the first part of the level by going over the ceiling and see if you win any time by doing so (considering the level is relatively short).
edit: Looks like I won 20 seconds, it is fixed now.
And even though the player has no reason to cloud-fly over the world, I'll try to fix it if it doesn't turn out too complicated.
The treasure chest and new parrot coins don't exist in the baserom I'm using though, so the key stands for the chest and the coins will have the correct GFX when inserted.

edit:
okay, it really wasn't much to do, I fixed all those minor things, the bigger problems have been taken care of as well:
fix2.PNG
fix1.PNG
And I added a messagebox that tells you to remember the places that you've passed, so you don't go back from the midpoint area (If you pay any attention at all)
Also, the midpoint thing was necessary because it didn't work when the midpoint entrance was on a lower screen number than the main entrance.
And as far as I can tell, there are only 5 parrot coins (4 in main level and 1 in the brown level)

And here is yet another ips if necessary
Wyatt

Post by Wyatt »

capefeather: Hadn't read your post in testing & dev, sorry to hear about your situation. I know that isocitration's inserted level uses switch-dependent blocks so you could look there and see which block he's using.

Hoping you're up for making the last few changes, but if you're really not, someone else can probably take care of them.

Paralars: You've handled all the changes very well. You're cleared.

A couple things to add to my old critique:
-Yep, there's 5 raocoins. My bad.
-Never did find the key, is it in the pipe with the yellow switch blocks under it?

Also, a couple new, really minor problems I noticed:
-One time, the P-switch (the one under the springboard) didn't spawn. It was really easy to respawn it by just going back and forth once, but to be safe you might want to remove one of the enemies near it.
paral.png
-Collecting coins, then leaving the sublevel and coming back to it, occasionally caused dirt patches to appear where the coins were. This might be more trouble to fix than it's worth, if you don't know what's causing it then don't worry about it.

That's it, fix what you can then go to level submissions. Make sure to mention that your level uses a banzai bill since the plan was to graphic swap the banzai bills in each level they appear in.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

Thanks a lot.

The key place can be seen by dropping down to the springboard in the bonus 1-up area in the brown sublevel, there is a hidden tunnel through the landmasses, I will give a small hint..

The P switch used to despawn a lot, that's why I moved it near the bottom, it didn't despawn for me since then, but I will check that.
The problem here is that there area a lot of very mobile sprites like bouncing charlies, disco shells and hopping koopas, so they easily get all on the same screen and make the p despawn, but I think I might just replace the springboard with a Tofu block there.

Yeah, the coins. Same problem was had in my other level and near the goal in this sublevel.
It's because there is a huge patch of dirt in that area and I just put the coins and diagonal tiles to put little aesthetic holes into it.
Now when you take away the coins and reload the level, the dirt behind shows up.
I'll probably just remove the coins because I don't feel like rearranging those stacked cliffs all over.

And the banzai bill, yeah I originally added it because it would fit and I noticed there aren't many levels with banzai bills to replace. I will point it out when submitting.

Thanks again for you time, Wyatt. I will submit after some small changes
Cmbheadquarters

Post by Cmbheadquarters »

I've been told my level is up to clearing standards, so here is my submission:

http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/15352/Final ... locity.ips
Wyatt

Post by Wyatt »

Awesome work, cmb. I could only find a few problems in your level, most of them aesthetic. Fix them up, report back here with an ips or LM screenshot, and you'll be cleared.

EDIT: Wow, just realized you made this in less than a month. Great job!
Wyatt

Post by Wyatt »

Hm, the cutoff fix at the midpoint spawn leaves a gap which demo falls in if the player isn't paying attention. Probably make the mushroom on the left a little bigger to fill that gap. Also, the cutoff issue is still there on screen 1D.

Should've noticed this last time, but the palette on the fuzzy is too bright. Darken/desaturate it a bunch so he doesn't stick out so much.
Cmbheadquarters

Post by Cmbheadquarters »

*PANT* Done.

http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/15352/0BVV.ips

now to watch 2 and a half men
Wyatt

Post by Wyatt »

Just watched that :P was expecting it to be a total mess, but Ashton's character actually made me smile a couple times. Doubt I'll watch many upcoming episodes, but I'm still curious to see how the show pans out.

Okay back on topic: Fuzzy looks good and that gap is bridged, awesome. You're cleared. But before you submit, there are still a couple stalks that cut off at LM's bottom row that you need to extend, specifically in screens 06-08, 0A, 0D and 1E. Fix those and you can go straight to submissions, no need to report back here.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Diortem said I was ready for clearing, so I'm here. I would like to point out that when the Multiple Midway Point patch is added in, the ground at the beginning won't be an issue, as I'll be able to remove the midway room a few screens below the ground that is forcing the camera to scroll downwards. Also, the music for any sideroom other than the purple one is not final, so keep that in mind.

http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/1089/SaganL ... urface.ips
Cup

Post by Cup »

For clearing.
http://www.mediafire.com/?zbteeiytgo8esun

I double checked with limepie, there are a few things to be taken care of, but they'd be better handled by the management side of things. Like Ometeotl, one is the multiple midpoints patch. The first midpoint will use the midpoint from level 67 and it takes you back to the entrance of the house (since it's not patched yet, testers can place a save state as soon as they see the house). The second midpoint will be dealt with later, since someone would need to take the boss into account and balance it accordingly (if it's needed or not etc). And that leads to the second thing. The current plan is to add a certain sibling boss to the end, so that's the assumption I designed around.
flareblade26

Post by flareblade26 »

Incase anyone couldnt tell, I wanna be co- A2MT gfx guy.
capefeather

Post by capefeather »

Hi, uh, I'm really sorry for missing the deadline. I made a few more changes, mostly the ones that Wyatt suggested. The switch thing in the second room is just gone now considering it barely does anything (I couldn't get the switch blocks to show the right sprites, anyway), so the second parrot coin is "guarded" by turn blocks instead. The fourth room is modified a bit, too, and the ceilings have been (mostly) removed or lowered in the horizontal rooms. The first room is a bit harder, though, due largely to more Thwomps, but getting past the whole thing without a hit is definitely doable. Besides, there's already a copious amount of powerups that make sections significantly easier if you happen to have fire or a cape... Again, I'm sorry for the delay.

It's kind of a shame that most of the plant enemy sprites were actually replaced in this hack :( The level might have become really evil with Volcano Lotuses thrown into the mix, heh. I see that the munchers were replaced as well; it's a bit more fitting in the fourth room, I guess, especially considering I'm using grinders there, anyway.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

You know you could exgfx some enemies back into plants, right?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Wyatt

Post by Wyatt »

miguel21450: You're cleared. Really sorry we took so long!

cup: I've always loved this level, and I'm really glad that it'll be making it into the game. But it does still need a little touching up:
Deaths on first half: 9 (7 on first room, 2 on third)
-Dying in the first half seems to break bsnes. I'm 90% sure this is because the music port I sent you is messed up, replace it with this:

Code: Select all

;n-spc

$ED $80 $6D $2B
	$ED $80 $7D $00
	$F0

$EF $FF $0F $0F $F1 $04 $54 $01 t48 l8 w210
@16o5[g16^24r48]2e^12c12r24c12r24c24cd
[d+16^32r32]2d^12c16r24r16r/@15v255c^16@16c32d32
(1)[e12d+24]2ec12<ab+a24>cd
(1)2ea12gcc24cr
(1)2ec12<ab+a24>c16^24c+32d48^32^16
[c16^32r32]2c^12c12r24c12r24c24c6r12
(1)2ec12<ab+a24>cd
(1)2ea12g24^16b32>c32^16^48c24cr<
(1)2ec12<ab+a24gb>
[c16^32r32]2c6r24c16r24r16r@15co4@6v215g

(2)[ab16r16b+12r24a16r16b12>c24r12dcd24
ed+16r16d12c16r16<a24^4ag
ab16r16b+12r24a16r16b12>c24r12dcd24]
$DE$27$03$30
g2^12
$DE$00$00$00
f24e16r16c12<a16r16g24
(2)
>c16r16c16r16r12c16r16c24c16r16r

@4v167c-4
(3)[@4v167e4c4$EC$00$14$01 d^12$EC$00$00$00 <g12r24g24a12g24
g+12r24a12r24b+12r24a12r24b12>c16r16d4@23v200<a24>]
@4v167$EC$00$0E$01 e4$EC$00$00$00 c4
$EC$00$14$01 d^12$EC$00$00$00 c-12r24c24d12d+24
e12r24d+12e12r24
$EC$00$0E$01 a12r24$EC$00$00$00 g12r24c16r16c24c4
(3)
@4v167c12r24d12r24d+12r24c12r24c+12d16r16c6c-
c12r24c12r48f+48g^12c16r4

@8$ED$5F$D3 o1
o2ccc^12<f12r24f12r24f24fg
g+g+a+^12>c12r24b+12r24g24<
/$EB$00$30$05 l4d+
$EB$00$00$00
[b+gfg]3g+>d+<a+>f
<[b+gfg]3g+a+>cc
<[fb+g>d<a>ec<e]3
fb+g>d<g+>d+<a+g>
[cc<ggffg>d]3
<ffgg
l8g+g+a+^12>c12r24b+12r24g24
@21o4e4e4e4e8@10c12@21e24
(19)[eee12@10c@21eee24]/@10c@21e
(5)[@21v255e@1v200b+12r24@10v255c@1v200b+12r24]7
@21v255e12@10c24@1v200b+12@10v255c24cc12c24
[@21v255e@1v200b+12r24@10v255c@1v200b+12r24]6
@21v255e@1v200b+12r24@10v255cr12@16e24@21e4@10c4
(8)[@21v255e@9v127a@10v255c@9v127a]
(9)[@21v255e@9v127b@10v255c@9v127b]
(8)3(9)(8)3(9)(8)3(9)
@21v255e@10c[@21e12@10c@21e24]2@10c@21e
(11)[@21v255e@6v170b+12r24@10v255c@6v170b+12r24
@21v255e@6v170b12r24@10v255c@6v170b12r24
@21v255e@6v170a12r24@10v255c@6v170a12r24]
(13)[@21v255e@6v170b12r24@10v255c12@6v170>g24c-12g24]<
(11)@21v255e12@10c24@6v170b12@21v255e24@10c@6v170b12@10v255c24
(11)(13)
@6[a^16r16]2
bb16r16b^16r48@21v255e24
(19)
[r1]99
@16o4[g16^24r48]2g^12e12r24e12r24e24ef
[g16^32r32]2g^12e16r24r16r/@15v170g4
v200[@23o3a@1>g12@23<a24a@1>g12@23<a24
@23o3a@1>f12@23<a24a@1>f12@23<a24]7
@23o3a@1>g+12@23<a24@1o5d@23o3a12@1o5c24
(18)[@23o3v200aa12a24]30
@1>g+16r16g+16r16r12g+16r16g+24a+16r16
l48cc+dd+eff+
l8g^24^16
(12)[@23o3a>@6v170g12<@23a24]4
(14)[a>@6v170f12<@23a24]2
(12)(16)[a12o5@6v170f+24<g12>f+24]
(12)4(14)2(12)6(14)2(12)(16)
[f^16r16]2g<g16r16g^16r16
v220[g12r24]2>v250d^12<v230e16r4
@22o4c4c4c4c4
@16[b+16^32r32]2a+^12a+16r24r16r/r4
(4)[r@1v200e12r6e12r6a12r6a12r24]3
@16v230(7)[d+16^32r32]2d+^12a+12r24a+12r24a+24a+6r12
(4)3
@16v230(7)2a+6r24a+16r24r16r
@15v170g4^8
l4@9v127[ffggb+b+ee]3ffgg
l8@23v200o3a^12a4a24a12a24@26v255e@23v200a12a24
(15)[r>@6o4v170e12r6e12r6d12r6d12r6c12r6c12r6d12r]>d24<d12>d24<
(15)r24d12r24
(15)>d24<d12>d24
[c^16r16]2d<d16r16d^16r16
v220[d+12r24]2v250a+^12v230a+16r4
[r1]99
#4r1
(17)[@25o4c4c12@22c@25c24^4]/r4
<(10)[v200r@23a]29
@1o5cr12@23o3a24^4@25v155c4^8
l4@9o5v100[ccddeecc]3ccdl8d^1
(10)24
(18)4
(17)
[r1]99
r1
r4rr12@16o4g16r24r16r/r4
[r1]3
o4@16v210(6)[g16^32r32]2g^12f12r24f12r24f24f6r12
r1
r2r16b32>c32^16^48c24cr
r2r4v100g^12r24
<v210(6)2f6r24g16r24r16r4
[r1]12@10v255c^1^1
@21e4@10c4@21e4@10cc
@6>v220
c12r24c12r48v170f+48g^12v230<g16r4

#7r1r2r4/r4[r1]3
r@1o4v200d+12r6d+12r6a+12r24@25v255c8@1v200a+12r24
[r1]3
r8d+12r24a+r12e16r24r16rr4
[r1]14
@6v170[f^16r16]2gr2
r1
r4r12b+16r4
cup1.png
-This bullet gets cut off behind the stone there. I think there are other places where the same thing happens but I can't remember. It's simple layer priority stuff, so it shouldn't be hard to fix.
-Was gonna make a comment on how enemy spammy the final stairs section is, but now I realize I like it that way. What I don't like is how few powerups the first half of the level gives you. There should be one somewhere in the third room and (maybe) one in the middle of the boat section. Also, I notice the level forces you big upon entry: this feels weird, you should just give the player a mushroom at the start.
cup2.png
-Cutoff on the stairs here, visible if you l-scroll. Also, the entire bottom row is cut off; I know you can only see one pixel of it but it's still worth fixing.

Deaths in second half: 2
-Difficulty is perfect here, challenging yet I didn't constantly feel on-edge like I did in the first half. Bravo!
-Bsnes does not like the music
-What up with the empty ? blocks? They feel weird empty, just make them coins or something

So, to sum up:
-Add more powerups in the first half
-Minor cutoff issues
-Empty ? blocks feel strange
-Music issue(s) which I'll try to help you get sorted out
Ometeotl, flareblade26, capefeather, sorry I didn't have time to clear your levels! We're low on active clearers, but just be patient and someone (maybe me) will get to them.