(shouting)

Level Clearing

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
TwoHeadedYoshi

Re: Level Clearing - Big Fat New Rule

Post by TwoHeadedYoshi »

flameofdoubt wrote:TwoHeadedYoshi: Ok from your responses you don't need to change the first two things, and about the chest, here's an explanation:

You know how you have to put 5 dragon coins in every level? Well each level also needs one super extra hidden spot, and that is for a treasure chest. In the final hack you'll be able to find a chest in every level with a treasure inside, and the idea is to collect all the treasures. So when you submit your level we need to know where your chest is supposed to go (You can indicate it however you want, as long as you let us know what it is). We also need to know what you want to put in your chest. You can think of your own thing, or find something in the "Stage props list" thread which is on the second page of the forum. Either way it needs a name, a cost in GP, a short description, and a 16x16 picture of it.
well i have the idea of what i want to put in. small candle 35gp "light this in the dark" i have the pic of it. I in all honest dont care where it goes so if you hade any ideas FoD then i think it should go where you think. but its something I need to place then ill place it wherever
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Tails_155 »

It might not have opened to Photobucket because it's huge... why did you have so much whitespace?
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
TwoHeadedYoshi

Post by TwoHeadedYoshi »

Tails_155 wrote:It might not have opened to Photobucket because it's huge... why did you have so much whitespace?
i opened it in paint to erase the part of a wall it was connected to... sorry
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails

Post by Tails_155 »

Nothing wrong with it, it just makes the file huge, lol.
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
Karatekid5
Welcome to the resort!

Post by Karatekid5 »

Reposting since I didn't get any comments earlier. This has been through testing and development a few times. I'm very sure it's ready for this thread.
Yoshi Ambassador!
QuietProtag
also known as luigiman09, rip 2010-2014
First name: Félix

Post by QuietProtag »

Here's my level! It's time to remember the path!
Level 002.
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

Karatekid5 wrote:Reposting since I didn't get any comments earlier. This has been through testing and development a few times. I'm very sure it's ready for this thread.
I love your level, it's pretty spiffy here are a couple things I noticed:
- Why do you need two P-switches right near the start instead of just one?
- It seems a little hard especially for world 1, but that's okay
- The part where the octobro is chilling on top of the munchers with jump blocks took me forever to get past
- The time limit was a little short for me (I ended with 16 seconds) but that's okay because I probably take longer than the average gamer

Overall, good level!
yoshiguy978

Post by yoshiguy978 »

So here is my level.
A2MT level 19 P-Switch Beach.ips
the level have been through the testing and development thread and should be okay now.
Karatekid5
Welcome to the resort!

Post by Karatekid5 »

tatanga wrote:
Karatekid5 wrote:Reposting since I didn't get any comments earlier. This has been through testing and development a few times. I'm very sure it's ready for this thread.
I love your level, it's pretty spiffy here are a couple things I noticed:
- Why do you need two P-switches right near the start instead of just one?
- It seems a little hard especially for world 1, but that's okay
- The part where the octobro is chilling on top of the munchers with jump blocks took me forever to get past
- The time limit was a little short for me (I ended with 16 seconds) but that's okay because I probably take longer than the average gamer

Overall, good level!
Thank You!

1. The two P switches is a part of the puzzle. Did you get all of the Cotopaxi Bird coins?
2. The level its'self isn't too hard, but you catch onto it.
3. I'll either move the octobro upward or replace it with something else. I remember Wild Green Yonder had a section like that in ASMT.
4. I'll increase the time limit by 100 seconds.
Yoshi Ambassador!
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

I got the cotopaxi bird coin near the blue coin, but I think I ended with only four. I liked the atmosphere you had, too.
Karatekid5
Welcome to the resort!

Post by Karatekid5 »

tatanga wrote:I got the cotopaxi bird coin near the blue coin, but I think I ended with only four. I liked the atmosphere you had, too.
Tatanga:
Did you see the blue coin near the beginning? Use the other P-switch there. Also, you don't need to juggle the p-switch on the vines. Hop off of the paratroopa again (move far enough left for it to respawn) and go back the same way you came up.
Yoshi Ambassador!
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

Alright cool, I've got it now! By the way, where are you putting the chest?
Karatekid5
Welcome to the resort!

Post by Karatekid5 »

Here's the newest IPS. The things Tatanga Mentioned fixed.
Tatanga:
The Chest Location (where that cloud tile is). Veiw this from your desktop, as the image is cut off in the spoiler tagsImage
Yoshi Ambassador!
Luigisopa

Post by Luigisopa »

luigiman09 wrote:Here's my level! It's time to remember the path!
Level 002.
A very nice level idea... but what's with all the obvious cutoff??
2.png
3.png
How did this did not get recognized in the other thread?

And I noticed that you cannot see the floor (where the vine-box lies) in the goal area... Is that supposed to be like that?

Please change.
QuietProtag
also known as luigiman09, rip 2010-2014
First name: Félix

Post by QuietProtag »

Luigisopa wrote:
luigiman09 wrote:Here's my level! It's time to remember the path!
Level 002.
A very nice level idea... but what's with all the obvious cutoff??
2.png
3.png
How did this did not get recognized in the other thread?

And I noticed that you cannot see the floor (where the vine-box lies) in the goal area... Is that supposed to be like that?

Please change.
Thank you for letting me know that! So here's the new version!
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

Karatekid5: The third area in your level has the settings for the screen entrance wrong; it starts at the middle of the screen and moves down to where Demo is; it should start straightaway where she is. You also still didn't fix the blind jump right before the pipe to the goal. Fix these two things and I can clear it.

yoshiguy978: Add another 100 seconds to the timer, and add a reset door in the last area, then I can clear it.

luigiman09: At first I thought this level was quite bland and vanilla. When I saw the gimmick though I thought it was pretty neat. You're onto a good idea here but it needs a lot more work. I would suggest making shorter, more difficult and varied sections instead of one long thing. Also you need to make the background darker, I could still see the floor so there was no challenge to the second part at all. Work on this a lot, take it back to the testing thread, and I think you'll have a pretty decent level in the end. One somewhat evil suggestion I would make is maybe subtly change parts of the darkened area, so it isn't like it was in the first thing, to spook the player (only change unimportant non-deadly things, just enough so that they aren't sure about the things which are deadly, but will be exactly as they remember them). Also don't give the player nearly as many powerups, the fire flower meant all the enemies were too easy to kill, and the capes meant that you could glide over most of the level.
Pixie casts Dekunda. Insufficient MP!
Karatekid5
Welcome to the resort!

Post by Karatekid5 »

flameofdoubt wrote:Karatekid5: The third area in your level has the settings for the screen entrance wrong; it starts at the middle of the screen and moves down to where Demo is; it should start straightaway where she is. You also still didn't fix the blind jump right before the pipe to the goal. Fix these two things and I can clear it.
For the screen entrance, should I set it to bottom instead of middle in the secondary entrance settings?
For the blind jump, I have coins pointing straight down to the safe spots, but I'll probably remove the pit and have coins leading all the way to the floor to fix it.
Yoshi Ambassador!
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

Karatekid5: I think bottom is correct, yeah, and coins should be enough to indicate the safe areas, so it's up to you if you remove the pit, it's just kinda mean because they could have got everything in the level but die riiight before the end.
kilon

Post by kilon »

flameofdoubt wrote:it's just kinda mean because they could have got everything in the level but die riiight before the end.
But that is raocows signature move.. He should have the option to pull it off..
Karatekid5
Welcome to the resort!

Post by Karatekid5 »

kilon wrote:
flameofdoubt wrote:it's just kinda mean because they could have got everything in the level but die riiight before the end.
But that is raocows signature move.. He should have the option to pull it off..
Well, I'll move it next to the left wall. I'll still have coins leading to the safe platform at the bottom.
Yoshi Ambassador!
yoshiguy978

Post by yoshiguy978 »

like this flameofdoubt.
A2MT level 19 P-Switch Beach.ips
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

yoshiguy978: Your level is cleared, you can post it in the submission thread.
Karatekid5
Welcome to the resort!

Post by Karatekid5 »

Both problems fixed. This is ready to be cleared! :D
Oops, I accidently put all of the submission files (exgfx etc.) into the zip (I had another on my desktop with just the IPS) so just play the IPS and when this is cleared, I'll submit it.
Yoshi Ambassador!
Luigisopa

Post by Luigisopa »

My level went through the testing and development thread... and I want to post my final here.
I am pretty sure it is ready for submission.
a2mt-(012) Down To Green.zip
(354.2 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
TwoHeadedYoshi

Post by TwoHeadedYoshi »

alright i have finished my levels fine tunning i have had a beta tester http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23nf_m1oGJE i have the chest thing placed and need the big CLEAR from FoD so without further delay

also while im posting i have the pic of my MAP 16 space i used meaning more space is now free
Attachments
Forest Fever three point oh.zip
three point ZERO
(259.98 KiB) Downloaded 70 times