(shouting)

Level Clearing

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
limepie20

Re: Level Clearing

Post by limepie20 »

Alright, Franky. I gave you F8. Further discussion will continue in the switch palace thread.
spitznagl
­­­­~1.68e+7 real colors

Post by spitznagl »

My level, no secret exit here, was submitted for clearing a while ago after modifying it many times at the request of different testers. I then I lost interest, but thought all was fine, especially after seeing on asmtinfo.co.cc that it had been inserted.

So I downloaded baserom v3.11 just to take a look and I found out that it isn't in its final state at all and I found out Paralars' comments on page 38-39, in which he says.
Paralars wrote:Oh, look what I found:

three awesome and working levels that were left unfinished:

spitznagl - No secret exit here:

Some graphical adjustments, palette edits. Second part needs to be severely shortened/made easier.
Paralars wrote:My plan was to have the level end shortly after you enter the underground environment, about 3-4 screens in. To have the whole "defense system, clearance code" thing still be there in a symbolic way.

I know it's not optimal, but better than just scrapping the level if spitznagl doesn't come back.
Seeing how half of the graphics changes are missing and the old layout of the first part (level 16), the level he tested was obviously not the final version. In the final version, I addressed the second part's (level 46) difficulty, making it easier and a lot more fair.

The final version, uploaded November of 2011 is this one:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4676540/smw/No% ... 1.3%5D.ips

I realize that I am responsible for this and I apologize, but could you please take another look at the right version and maybe give me a week if there is still something that needs to be changed? It's pretty crap in its current state imo.
ImageImage
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

spitznagl:
Remove the testing door from the beginning. Also, the parrot coins have an odd palette. Just fix the brown spot.
In the blue secret area, the first time you see the yellow lava, it is cut off on the right side.
Those are the only minor errors I found.
The graphics were very nice. I liked the level design for the main level a lot. Finding the entrance to the secret room was fun, and the chest was in a nice location. I felt like a lot of the obstacles in the secret room were unfair, but I understand you want it to be a challenge, and the room works in that respect. It's not too long, and you get a midpoint right before it.
You're cleared. Submit the level after fixing those three minor errors.
spitznagl
­­­­~1.68e+7 real colors

Post by spitznagl »

Thank you

I changed the palette of the coins and blocks to the original, got rid of the door and modified the layout around the first lava pool.

Here's an image so that you don't have to patch and retest.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4676540/smw/Spi ... 02012).ips
Last edited by spitznagl 11 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

The fixed parrot coin palette looks great, and the lava pool is better, too. I think the lava pool may look a bit better if the bottom right corner wasn't protruding outwards, and it was just a box.
Either way, the level is ready to resubmit.
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

Welp, I guess my switch palace half's ready for clearing, no?

here we go

Thank you
tenta
First name: Alex

Post by tenta »

Found something in Map16 for the secret entrance + added a hint for the entrence to the secret and i moved the homing bullet that were near the midpoint.

La joie de glisser
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Holy shit are you still trying to get this level in?
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Argumentable wrote:Holy shit are you still trying to get this level in?
I know, right? I've lampshaded it in this post. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1570&p=141088#p141056

I'm probably going to have to argue with limepie in his next post concerning tenta's level. Might as well switch names.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Alright, tenta.
Would something like this for the treasure chest path be okay?
Attachments
Level113.png
Level113.png (164.21 KiB) Viewed 7316 times
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

limepie20 wrote:picture
Well, the p-switch doesn't make since and it could look nicer near the goal area, but I think this is a great idea

I hope that secret path is Limepie's last grievance with the level before being cleared.
tenta

Post by tenta »

limepie20 wrote:Alright, tenta.
Would something like this for the treasure chest path be okay?
Well if it can be cleared like this then why not?

Edit: i would like to know if we can change the music of the level. I listened to all of them and i don't want them for my level. If you guys have any suggestion then tell me. I believe there is a program to listem to Custom musics right?
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

tenta wrote:Well if it can be cleared like this then why not?
You mean if it can be cleared in the picture I showed, right? Just post an IPS with what I did, so I can play it and hopefully be fully satisfied with it.
tenta

Post by tenta »

limepie20 wrote:
tenta wrote:Well if it can be cleared like this then why not?
You mean if it can be cleared in the picture I showed, right? Just post an IPS with what I did, so I can play it and hopefully be fully satisfied with it.
Alright il do that tommorow since i am busy tonight.

Edit: Like sept said. What is the use of the P-switch without anything above?
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Hey, it's your level; do what fits. If you don't like the p-switch now, take it out. I just don't want any running inside the ground.
tenta

Post by tenta »

Is it possible to make Standard sprite 6D a Layer 1 block? Because i got an idea for the secret.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

You can't literally turn the sprite into a block, but you can just make a map16 tile out of tile F8 and make it act like 130.
tenta

Post by tenta »

Here try this one...

La joie de glisser..AGAIN!
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

Okay, I think I ought to toss this here since I'm probably at the end of what the Testing thread can provide.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14760273/Talkha ... ntroV3.ips

Since the last time I put it up in the Testing thread (a couple days ago), Diortem provided me with the ASM to remove the HUD for the whole intro.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

tenta:
You didn't fix the path to the treausre chest. Remember: do what was in my picture.

swirlybomb:
It's really great. As you know, I never played the second part where everything breaks or the last part, but it REALLY sets the tone for the game. I love it; you're cleared. Before you submit, though, I'd like you to reconsider the music for the "VIDEO GAMES" part. I'm not sure how well the regular goal theme fits. Maybe just the regular intro theme is good for that part?
Diortem

Post by Diortem »

How about "the price is right"..? XD
The bonus game end tune would work better.
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

I don't mean to like, suddenly break in, or sound rude, or anything of the like, but... it's been over a week since I posted, and, nothing? :P
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Diortem wrote:The bonus game end tune would work better.
I would say yes use this theme, but I don't know whether it will change in the future because our bonus room theme will be the SMRPG fight theme. But either way, I'd say just use the bonus end theme anyway or the regular intro. The regular intro will fill up the entire time with music, so there's that.

frostyfish:
No, no, not at all! I'm sorry I missed your level; I didn't notice I had. I'll play it as soon as I can.
SyStemkraSh5642

Post by SyStemkraSh5642 »

Let me get that for ya.
@ swirlybomb:
I love the intro you've made; it's creative, and strange (which is pretty much normal for this hack). At first, I thought that the intro level's vertical scroll wasn't enabled, but I realized it was done on purpose for the cutscene.I've tested to see if I could screw up the intro in any way, and it doesn't seem like I can. You're cleared for insertion.

EDIT: Oh shit, I mixed up swirlbomb and frostyfish88 by accident; my apologies.
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

SyStemkraSh5642 wrote:Let me get that for ya.
@ frostyfish88:
I love the intro you've made; it's creative, and strange (which is pretty much normal for this hack). At first, I thought that the intro level's vertical scroll wasn't enabled, but I realized it was done on purpose for the cutscene.I've tested to see if I could screw up the intro in any way, and it doesn't seem like I can. You're cleared for insertion.
Uhh? I apologize if I'm missing something huge here, but... I just made a switch palace half, it didn't have any cutscene or anything like that. Are you sure you're criticizing me on the right thing?