Re: Level Clearing~

Post by Cheeseofdoom »

Alright, here's the new pipe coming from that area then:
And the (hopefully) final ips is below.
ProfessorDemetri

Post by ProfessorDemetri »

Just wanted to post an update.
My internet has been shut off, and will be for, maybe another week.
Aarrgghh... sorry guys.
just wanted to let the mods know.
If you need help with anything, contact me on my skype: Demekun
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

sooo, DS...
are you still trying to 100% my level?
I mean I didn't change much gameplay-wise since you replied to it last time, so what am I waiting on actually?
DaxterSpeed

Post by DaxterSpeed »

Paralars wrote:sooo, DS...
are you still trying to 100% my level?
I mean I didn't change much gameplay-wise since you replied to it last time, so what am I waiting on actually?
Wait, you're waiting for? Well, me being an idiot really. It's not like you have to feel like you're on stand-by in this stage. Currently, your only problem is that "nobody" have 100% your level yet, but I believe that you had. So you could theoretically submit your level if you wanted to, it's just that I wanna be completely sure it's possible.

Anyways, again, I'm gonna try to do some clearing here. There's just a lot going on in the so called real life and all. I should be free this weekend I guess.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

okay, you don't have to get everything in one try, right?
I don't want to rush you, I just thought that it was a thing of maybe 10-15 minutes considering you already played it before the last few changes.
So, take your time if you think something might be too hard to get, I didn't say anything.
DaxterSpeed

Post by DaxterSpeed »

Congratulations, Paralars, I 100% your level. It can now move on to submissions.

@Cheeseofdoom: I'll play your level soon... Very soon...
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

Congratulations, DaxterSpeed, you 100% my level :lol:
Thanks for your work, I will submit it. :P
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

Might as well put it up for clearing, as testing has pretty much stopped and it's done by my standards (Other than the music, but I was told I could try it here without it)
a2mt2.ips
---
And come to think of it, I might as well upload the intended midi so it could be played alongside the level separately.
Cinderella Cage ~ Kagome-Kagome.zip
LightSlei

Post by LightSlei »

Daxter if you don't mind:
noseman999

Post by noseman999 »

Sorry if I sound mad here because i'm not, I'm just a little frusterated. So yeah, i've been waiting for my level to be cleared since page 7. So after a bit of time I posted an updated version with a whole new room on page 10 (I think) just because I didn't want my level to be forgot about. But I don't wanna half to keep updating just so it isn't forgot about.
So once again, I'm not mad, just a little frusterated.
Thanks
I don't know what is the religious property of a giant clump of dirt that is just sitting there?
- raocow
DaxterSpeed

Post by DaxterSpeed »

Home from school today thanks to illness and the fact that the last few days have been pretty rough. So I should have time to clear most levels here. Please bear with me.
DaxterSpeed

Post by DaxterSpeed »

noseman999: Your level is pretty fun, but also very hard at some points. Especially the last level. Where we're talking Kaizo hard pixel jumps. Try making this part easier to survive even if you fail a little. Also, I still don't like the GFX for this level, but you'll need a second opinion on that.

Shortly, good level. Almost submission worthy. You just need to fix that last bit.

Cheeseofdoom: I've always liked your level. And I see no problems with it currently. The only thing I think could change is the amount of surprising ASM (inversed On/Thwomp that storms through the breakable blocks would be interesting). In other words, I think that the gimmick doesn't change enough during the level.

There's one other thing I dislike, and that is the FG GFX. But it's probably just me, so you shouldn't have to mind that.

In other words, look through your level again, ask around here and generally take a quick look on how many "wow!'s" you make people express.

Crimson: Your level is... To be fair, very confusing. I have no idea where I'm going after I've done that "massive" puzzle with two spingboards and two p-switch. That whole sequences just doesn't seem to make any sense.

What you should do there is darken the blocks that could be made into coins with a P-switch. You should also consider modifying your level to make other areas where you're supposed to press the p-switch more noticeable. I was at multiple times very frustrated about the fact that I didn't know where I was supposed to use the p-switches.

You should generally try making every area with a door easier to remember. As I currently got lost just getting out of each room.
Cheeseofdoom

Post by Cheeseofdoom »

DaxterSpeed wrote: Cheeseofdoom: I've always liked your level. And I see no problems with it currently. The only thing I think could change is the amount of surprising ASM (inversed On/Thwomp that storms through the breakable blocks would be interesting). In other words, I think that the gimmick doesn't change enough during the level.

There's one other thing I dislike, and that is the FG GFX. But it's probably just me, so you shouldn't have to mind that.

In other words, look through your level again, ask around here and generally take a quick look on how many "wow!'s" you make people express.

Well, I was somewhat held back due to SMW having annoying limitations. In all honesty, I really would like to improve upon this level A LOT, but the engine doesn't quite work in my favor. I may go request an upside down on/off thwomp and get one extra map 16 for the block, as that idea seems possible to work in.

As for the foreground graphics, I had thought about changing them, but doing that now would be a pain, seeing as I did a lot of palette exanimation. Oh well.

Thanks for the compliments, and I'll see what I can do to add some variety to the level.
DaxterSpeed

Post by DaxterSpeed »

Actually, I hope that changing the FG shouldn't need palette exanimation. In reality, my only problem is how it looks upside down, and well, how blocky it is from time to times. So only GFX changing would be needed.
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

DaxterSpeed wrote:Crimson: Your level is... To be fair, very confusing. I have no idea where I'm going after I've done that "massive" puzzle with two spingboards and two p-switch. That whole sequences just doesn't seem to make any sense.

What you should do there is darken the blocks that could be made into coins with a P-switch. You should also consider modifying your level to make other areas where you're supposed to press the p-switch more noticeable. I was at multiple times very frustrated about the fact that I didn't know where I was supposed to use the p-switches.

You should generally try making every area with a door easier to remember. As I currently got lost just getting out of each room.
The second P-switch you come across just supposed to be a shortcut to bypass most of the last room. I probably didn't it make it obvious enough that that's where the chest should be and that's end of that route.

I'll work on the stuff, thanks.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

DaxterSpeed wrote: Crimson: Your level is... To be fair, very confusing. I have no idea where I'm going after I've done that "massive" puzzle with two spingboards and two p-switch. That whole sequences just doesn't seem to make any sense.

Too bad you think so.
I actually really like the puzzle part and I think it is obvious enough, well it was obvious for me what to do exactly after some exploring, which is a good thing I guess. (There are some hints I think)
But okay..........
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Same here.
noseman999

Post by noseman999 »

Thanks DS, here is hopfully the final version of my level. If it's still to hard then i'll make it easier and then hopefully I can submit it.
I don't know what is the religious property of a giant clump of dirt that is just sitting there?
- raocow
Cheeseofdoom

Post by Cheeseofdoom »

DaxterSpeed wrote:Actually, I hope that changing the FG shouldn't need palette exanimation. In reality, my only problem is how it looks upside down, and well, how blocky it is from time to times. So only GFX changing would be needed.

So do you mean I should just make it look less blocky, or find a completely different foreground?

Because with a completely new foreground, I have to redo all of my palette exanimation, which is what I did to create the b&w effect.

If you meant the former, then I can probably manage that.
DaxterSpeed

Post by DaxterSpeed »

Well, I should really just look at the GFX myself to see if I can change what I think is possible to change. So you can really just leave that to me, and I'll come back to that if I find something to do. If not, you can submit now, or later go through this thread again with a level with "another" gimmick or so.

@Crimsons level: Again, the only problem I had was that it was awfully hard figuring the puzzle out at first. I just need a few something to tell me the way I'm supposed to go.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

C'mon the springboard-springboard-Pswitch puzzle isn't that hard to figure out and why not have something challenging as a bonus, to make people return and replay the level?
LightSlei

Post by LightSlei »

I get the feeling that Daxter has me on ignore :(. I mean I posted, and it just went ignored.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

LightSlei wrote:I get the feeling that Daxter has me on ignore :(. I mean I posted, and it just went ignored.
me too. I know what you mean.
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Tails_155 »

Paralars wrote:okay, you don't have to get everything in one try, right?
While it was a nonissue, what did you mean by this? Sure it doesn't require you to, but it's probably best if it's at least POSSIBLE.
limepie20 wrote:
LightSlei wrote:I get the feeling that Daxter has me on ignore :(. I mean I posted, and it just went ignored.
me too. I know what you mean.

Chill out guys, people get busy, and if you didn't see, there's a lot of text in this thread. If you're missed, repost and say "I think you missed this, earlier. By posting in that fashion the people have to look back through all the posts to find your stuff. It's not helpful.
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
DaxterSpeed

Post by DaxterSpeed »

Sorry, but I was short on time.

NOW, if you want a level cleared by me, now, PM it to me. 'k? I miss a lot in this thread apparently... (This doesn't apply to LightSlei btw, but it does for others waiting for their clearing)