Chdata

Re: Level Clearing~

Post by Chdata »

Yes.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

blues, darkbuu, and if he decides to show up anonymousbloodlust.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Lv27MarkerMMan

Post by Lv27MarkerMMan »

@ raocow

I played your level and ran into a peculiar obstacle. In the room after the killer leaves room, where you are underwater and the platforms rise up and down, if the platforms rise up into me they instantly kill me. Was this intended?
Don't be afraid to check out my Youtube channel.
I am making let's plays now!
ProfessorDemetri

Post by ProfessorDemetri »

Thanks for reminding them raocow ^_^ ha...
And thanks Darkbuu. That's precisely what I wanted. Shall be fixing those right now and uploading another version.
If you need help with anything, contact me on my skype: Demekun
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Lv27MarkerMMan wrote:@ raocow

I played your level and ran into a peculiar obstacle. In the room after the killer leaves room, where you are underwater and the platforms rise up and down, if the platforms rise up into me they instantly kill me. Was this intended?
Yeah, though I suppose I could lower them by one or two blocks and add munchers on the top so it seems more 'on purpose', huh?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ProfessorDemetri

Okie dokie broski.
Did those fixes, and made a new patch.
Here she is.
TheSlyPig

Post by TheSlyPig »

After many RL shenanigans I think I'm ready to place my level in this particular thread device machine.
just go to the right and into the first door.
TheSlyPig - Deja Vu.ips
noseman999

Post by noseman999 »

Well, I improved my level, added a new sublevel and some other touch-ups. But the main difference between this one and the one I posted on page 8 (or was it 7. I can't remember) is that the NEW final room has all the features from all the previous rooms:
Lotsa thwomps and EDIT: WTH -> penicils, I MEAN PENCILS! boosters, homing thwomp and of course, LOTS OF SPIKES!!!!
I don't know what is the religious property of a giant clump of dirt that is just sitting there?
- raocow
ProfessorDemetri

Hrrm... What happened to the clearer guys? o.o...
LightSlei

Post by LightSlei »

ProfessorDemetri wrote:Hrrm... What happened to the clearer guys? o.o...

In limbo.
ProfessorDemetri

LightSlei wrote:
ProfessorDemetri wrote:Hrrm... What happened to the clearer guys? o.o...

In limbo.
Oh I see, I see. Thought as much. Oh man, real life. lol.
I just thought that they might be busy, tis all. Thanks though ^_^
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

ProfDemetri:
First of all, you should get rid of that one spot at the begining when you wait for the p switch because if you just stand right next to the blocks you don't even get hit. At least make it so you have to move around on that part. Also, if you can, you shoul'd try to make a bottom of the vine tile it looks awkward when it cuts off, especially with these graphics. Right after the p swicth part there is a wrong corner tile and when you hit the vine block and climb up you should make those frozen blocks act solid.
profdem_00001.png
Major cut off with the lava and bottom of the ground right here. Also, layer priority issue with the turtle under me. And to the right of that the blocks that you hit cut off. They should just be solid too. Tile 130, I believe.
Lava and ground cutoff near after the midpoint. Oh God, you need more time I won with literally 1 second left. I reccomend at least 100 more seconds unless you want that to be a challenge which I don't reccomend. Also, after thinking about it I think your level should only have one exit because you basically have to play the same exact same level twice except one of the times you have to hold x/y half the time but whatever.

TheSlyPig:
Not much to say. Cool level and cool gimmick. Except the thwomp palette was bad.

Noseman:
I still love your level but for me the new last room kinda ruins it for me. You either need a second midpoint or get rid of it or something. Its way too hard and now its way too hard to get to the midpoint. I couldn't even beat the last room with savestates because the layer 2 thwomp part is like impossible.
ProfessorDemetri

limepie20 wrote:ProfDemetri:
First of all, you should get rid of that one spot at the begining when you wait for the p switch because if you just stand right next to the blocks you don't even get hit. At least make it so you have to move around on that part. Also, if you can, you shoul'd try to make a bottom of the vine tile it looks awkward when it cuts off, especially with these graphics. Right after the p swicth part there is a wrong corner tile and when you hit the vine block and climb up you should make those frozen blocks act solid.
profdem_00001.png
Major cut off with the lava and bottom of the ground right here. Also, layer priority issue with the turtle under me. And to the right of that the blocks that you hit cut off. They should just be solid too. Tile 130, I believe.
Lava and ground cutoff near after the midpoint. Oh God, you need more time I won with literally 1 second left. I reccomend at least 100 more seconds unless you want that to be a challenge which I don't reccomend. Also, after thinking about it I think your level should only have one exit because you basically have to play the same exact same level twice except one of the times you have to hold x/y half the time but whatever.
Thank you for doing this.
-Yeah, I've been trying to rework the p-switch.. for freakin' ever. I don't know how to make it so that you have to move about.... Hmm, I'll think harder on that part.
-Bottom of the vine is being made as I type this. I shall implement that straight away.
-Frozen block? You mean the block that... hmmm the vine goes up into? So I should make those act like a cement block?
-So with the lava, how do I fix the cut off? Or do I even? Should I just make the bottoms of the ledges, just bottoms? If that makes sense?
-If I fix the ledge problems, then I don't think that the layer priority should be a problem... hmm I shall see.
-Wow, 1 second? I didn't know it was that bad... >.> I'll change that.
-The two exit thing was already discussed in the testing thread. The idea behind it was that "What happens if the person doesn't have the package at the end of the level? Do they restart, or do they die or what?" So I actually like the idea of having to work harder for the correct exit, but not punishing someone for not doing it, if that makes sense. lol I'd like to keep the double exit.
So, Okay, I'll go and fix those things, and then come back and post an update.
Thanks again.
LightSlei

Post by LightSlei »

Going to give it a shot now, although not really sure if the music fits. Want another opinion since Testing & Discussion has died.

@limepie: I thought it sounded odd when playing but wanted to know it if it was just me, alright I'll try the one you linked me to and see if it's good or not.
Last edited by LightSlei 13 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

LightSlei: The music. I'm not entirely sure about it. Wait for some more opinions on it. I may try to find a better song. Unless you like it like this.

edit - I think i found something much better.
Monty on the Run - 'Game Over'.zip
Also, new version of my level. I fixed some gamebreaking issues.
edit2 - Oh also, ignore the obvious moon in the 2nd sublevel.
LightSlei

Post by LightSlei »

Limepie, Monty on the Run causes the game to crash everytime it loads my level so can't use that. Still looking at options to replace it with.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

So, here's another versioin of my level, I think I covered every advice DS and chdata mentioned I could use.
So I changed some palettes, added some animated flags I made a while ago and some other stuff...
And I used chdatas water drops to make him happeh.
And please note that the fireballs and bowser statues are still slide-killable, but as far as I understand that is okay as long as it is changed in the final (yea, I use a pretty old baseROM).
So here is
skicastul.zip
,now with
DaxterSpeed wrote:a lot of touch-ups.
DaxterSpeed

Post by DaxterSpeed »

I really like the level now, can't say I can complain about anything really worth complaining about. The only thing I'm wondering about is where the keyhole is. Where is it?
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

so you found the key but you didnt find the note that it just represents the treasure chests's position ;)
Thanks, btw.
should I submit nao?
DaxterSpeed

Post by DaxterSpeed »

Paralars wrote:so you found the key but you didnt find the note that it just represents the treasure chests's position ;)
Thanks, btw.
should I submit nao?
Nope. Lemme try 100% this thing, then you're fine. (I suck at that BTW.)
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

so you mean getting all d coins the treasure and finding all secrets?
I placed the d coins with the impression that they save even without getting them all in one try.
Also there is a bunch of little "secrets" and tricks that help you get a second chance or something, if you want to test all those I can make you a spoilering list.
LightSlei

Post by LightSlei »

So yeah I think I'm going to stay with Candy Constellation so feel free to go through it.

It starts off awkward but by the 3rd screen it feels right IMO.
Cheeseofdoom

Re: Level Clearing - Big Fat New Rule

Post by Cheeseofdoom »

Me, over a month ago wrote:Hi there clearing thread!

Here is the (hopefully) final version of my level, slot 11B. It is to be simply titled "Time"

Yeah. So uh, here that is again, if anyone would like to look through it.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Cheeseofdoom:I can't find anything wrong with your level except maybe the chest location shouldn't take you right to the end because you miss a lot of the level.