(shouting)

Level Clearing

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
ProfessorDemetri

Re: Level Clearing

Post by ProfessorDemetri »

Argumentable wrote:
ProfessorDemetri wrote:Davvic:
If you cross the finish line with a shell, like I had, the mushroom goes into the roof, and skids along with Demo's victory walk... I'm not sure if you can change that, or just make that area solid or something...
Is... this really a problem? You can fix it by not having a roof (or a visible roof) as goal-powerups don't interact with other stuff until they start falling. It just seems like a really weird thing to nitpick about (I'm aware it's the only issue)
I had said that to Kupo... not Davvic :lol:
And it's not nessecary, it just looks bad. And when it's cleared anyway, it'll be nit picked again in the tweaking thread.
So to cut out the step of having to fix it later, let's fix it now, right?
If you need help with anything, contact me on my skype: Demekun
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

So I missed cutting out the very beginning. Nitpick me
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Karatekid5
Welcome to the resort!

Post by Karatekid5 »

ProfessorDemetri wrote:Karate:
I had a FREAKIN' delightful time playing through this!
I had a happy kitty face on the entire time! =3
And I didn't notice anything glitchy, so...
You're cleared!
Difficulty rating of: ★★★☆
Yay, I'm glad you did! ^w^ I'm also very happy with how enjoyable it turned out to be!
I'll submit the level when I get back from vacation on the 14th (I don't have my computer with me as it's a desktop; I'm typing this from my sister's laptop).
Yoshi Ambassador!
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

ProfessorDemetri:
You need to make it never vertical scroll because of the layer 2 cats. Right now, it vertical scrolls when demo is running. (edit after playing more: I guess you do have to have the scrolling)
profcatdem_00000.png
profcatdem_00000.png (8.92 KiB) Viewed 4110 times
This looks like you should be able to jump up. Have the blocks instead of the floorboards.
The kitchen area is very weird. I can't tell what I'm looking at, its like a birds eye view of a counter with a backwards oven on it? Also, the floor doesn't look right. It just looks like kitchen tiles with a lighter kitchen tile background. Not like a floor, it's too flat. Either there are some serious perspective issues, or I just don't see it (edit after playing more: The counter really isn't that bad, it's just the floor. It doesn't look like a floor. Also, the oven is really weird and I can't tell what that thing is with the bottles next to it (I think it's a sink???)). Also, I don't like the white line at the top of the red blocks. I don't like how the big boo boss looks almost invisible. It would look better the way it was intended to look.
ProfessorDemetri

Firstly, thanks for playing this.
So for the picture, you mean the purple bit? Because if I just fill in the entire area, I wont be able to put in the plants.. and I like the plants. :lol:
Also, yeah, the perspective is abit wonky, that's because the game that I ripped the graphics from was an RPG... so I had to kinda... eehmm... adapt the perspective? Yeah, it's an oven, a sink, and other things. I'll change the kitchen floor tiles to regular floor tiles so there's no confusion.
As for the big boo boss, I didn't do anything to make it invisible... SMW does that, if I'm not correct? I mean, I LOVE it to be the way I drew it, not all SUPER WHITE, and invisible... Can you tell me how to do that?
So to get this cleared, I need to change the blocks, the floor, and the boss?
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Yes, I just wanted blocks in the purple bit (you can have the purple bit, too like the ceiling). Also, I think the boss turns white because of the white background. Delist the level here after those things are fixed.
TomPhanto

Post by TomPhanto »

I decided to re-do the second half of my level. And I feel there's actually something other than generic grassland setting going on. I consider this an athletic level above all else.

And yes, I got it reviewed.
Attachments
A2MTSubmission.ips
Level 109: Verdant Varmit
(437.84 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Keys are important. When a key is lost, all madness shall break loose.
7TC7
Squanshy Cat
Pronouns: he

Post by 7TC7 »

ProfessorDemetri wrote: TC:
So cutoff with the vines. I'll make a tutorial on how to fix this for you, in the next few days.
Also cutoff with the vine and the fence... is there any reason why you have vines going into your fence?
I actually really like how this entire level looked from even the screen shots... I like the bright red, that's fine, I'd keep it. But I don't get the blue clouds above the red water?... that's kinda weird.
Homestly, for game play, I'm really kinda stumped... AT the golden and black part, where you had you to use the pswitch.. yeah I've made it through both of the pswitch runs... but.. other then that, I have no idea how to progress...
As it stands, I can't clear this yet.
Okidoki, new IPS with vine-ends and other changes.
I took out the vines from the fence. I thought it looked a bit empty without them, but I guess it's not as bad as I always believed.
What blue clouds do you mean? The ones in the first room? I can take them out, if you think they don't fit in.
And about your gameplay issues:
- The room with the two P-Switch-Runs is just a "You messed up, now you have to do this, to get back to the last room"-trap (Although the chest, represented by a 3-up, is also in that room, at its far far end)
- The real way is in the room before the P-Switch-Run-Room, which looks exactly like a previous room. There is some invisible coin blocks there. The Parrot coin, which is not in the previous room like it, is a hint at the fact you can climb higher here.
Attachments
a2mt newest.ips
(504.39 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

ProfessorDemetri wrote:Franky:
So the only problem is the reset door? Just put your level into the baserom, and use the preset ones? I don't see a problem with that... or even better yet, get another exgfx file and make another door?
You already know the problems, and said you'd help me with them..
:shock:
capefeather

Post by capefeather »

Like I said earlier in the other thread, I don't think I'll be working on this level anymore. However, comments on it seem to indicate that it could still be cleared. A couple of the sprites might not make sense; I meant to make/replace plant enemy sprites, but... I'm leaving it to the clearers to put this on clear or dredge or whatever is appropriate.
Attachments
1a.rar
(364.87 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Senjan

Post by Senjan »

Hey guys! I checked out the base rom today and checked every level. I also went through my own to make sure everything was working correct in it.

I noticed that the on/off switch blocks have been changed from square to round, thus not working together with the palette that I had set in my tetris bonus room (My level is "Skythorn Valley")

The colors were completly garbled, so I went into LM and changed it. The score bar and all that is now orange though instead of white, but its much, much better than it was before. The tetris blocks looked totally horrible.

They are fixed now. Here's the ".mwl" file.

http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/6045/Sublev ... d%2529.mwl

If anyone could replace the old sublevel 151 with this one in the baserom that would be nice!
Diortem

Post by Diortem »

Hereby my submission for level clearing. :)

Level 136 - So close, yet so... (6).ips

*Looks at the number of downloads for 7TC7 / Capefeather's levels*
Hmm... seems it's very quiet around here.
Mochtroidprime

Post by Mochtroidprime »

ProfessorDemetri wrote: Prime:
Grammar change in the first message block.
Should be 'a flooded' not 'an flooded'. Also I'd make that one sentence. Continueing with a new sentence at 'Some of the houses... blah blah blah."
On the first house that you can enter, the right corner of the chimney is just a blank map 16 block... fix that please.
The yoshi says the default rescueing message? ... ehm I'm not sure if you can change that, or if that comes down to general messages of the game...
The coin block above the tiny pool after the walkthroughable cannons, has weird layer priority with the coins. Literally, the coin from the block will pass infront of the ground, and then behind another piece, and then infront of it again.
And then to the right of it, more random map16 default blocks as corner pieces...
The slopes to the right of the chest, the ones you use for stairs, should be pass throughable, like the clouds.
As this is a village, you can only go into 2 houses? Or rather.. maybe have more houses that don't have doors, but still look like houses?
It's a nice level over all, just needs to be polished.
Yeah, fix those things, and comes back to post an updated .ips here.
I left the Yoshi message unchanged since I figured it would be changed for the final game.
I added as many houses as I could without having to drastically change the level design, I would've made more houses enter-able, but then I have to get more Sub Levels, which seems unfair to other people in my opinion, if I have like, 5 or 6 sub levels, and by now I am running out of level design ideas, so even if more houses could be entered, they would have terrible design on the inside.
http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/7516/Abando ... ersion.ips
There is my newer version.
I apologize if it seems like the enemies are spread too far apart, I reached the 84 sprite limit, and I don't wanna take any chances by even going one or two over the limit.
ProfessorDemetri

I'll be reviewing these in the next few days or so.
Thanks everyone.
Also, Franky, yeah sorry, I had totally forgotten. It's on my to do list.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

Alright, this is my remake of TheSlyPig's level:
Deja Vu.ips
(369.12 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
His original version of the level has been in clearing already and I've been to Testing & Development with a similar to this version of the level and got a good response, so I thought it would be okay to post it here right away.

Some notes:
- TheSlyPig used a really old baserom to work from, that's why there are strangely colored munchers.
I assume they will be somethign different when inserted into a newer ROM.
- The key marks the treasure chest's position
- i didn't change anything about the music, I was hoping I could copy some other people's level's music for the sublevels as soon as it gets inserted (I have some in mind ;) ), Lobster Horde gave me some good suggestions though, so if any music slot ever becomes free, I will hand in a txt file for that later.
Right now there are no good music options for the main level
- This ROM's palette 9 is somehow scrambled, but ignore it, I used custom palettes anyway.
- The parrot coin in the dark sublevels sometimes disappears, I have no idea why
Money

Post by Money »

http://www.mediafire.com/?nmke88lg0ymgl3x
I think Multi-Tier Hillside is finally ready to be cleared.
ProfessorDemetri

So finished up the blocks, the floor and the boss.
Just posting here for posterity.
Also, going to be reviewing these new ips. Look or an edit for this post or another post. I'll decide that later.
Attachments
111d.zip
(341.66 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

ProfessorDemetri wrote:So finished up the blocks, the floor and the boss.
Just posting here for posterity.
Also, going to be reviewing these new ips. Look or an edit for this post or another post. I'll decide that later.
Make another post, otherwise peeps don't know if you actually did update your 'message' or not.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

I'm sorry for only posting now. It's more than one month since my level was finished at 99%, but I never finished it until now (it's the VIP5 syndrome) . Sorry, sorry. But today I finally got motivated to post my level instead of wait forever and lost it. So here is my level :
http://www.mediafire.com/?uw83rodny5u3h15
Play it and clear it so I can submit my level.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
Wyatt

Post by Wyatt »

This level is pretty, I love the seaweed :)

It's really easy to farm lives using shells and water. This doesn't seem easily fixable in this level, so if possible we'll just patch the game so that it can't be done.

I couldn't find the treasure chest, if you can confirm that it's there (preferably w/ lunar magic screenshot) then you're cleared. If there is no chest, just put it where the last parrot coin is and move the parrot coin somewhere else.
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned

Post by yogui »

I need a chest ? Oh I forgot. I will add one now. Is this the sprite 5C ?
And my level was made with the baserom 2.14 . The chest sprite wasn't here in this version. Do I need to change and use the most recent version or just put the sprite that will not work here but will be fixed when the level will be inserted in the base rom?

EDIT: Finally, I ported my level to the last base rom. And I put the chest where the last parrot coin was.
Here is the link again : http://www.mediafire.com/?q11vngl46wx4lvs
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

People aren't getting their stuff cleared right? I'd start from the top but I really didn't feel like searching all the way back so I did this one, hope it hasn't been done
MoneyMan wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?nmke88lg0ymgl3x
I think Multi-Tier Hillside is finally ready to be cleared.
Overall it seems like a pretty solid level. It's pretty simple, even the upper path, but there's nothing wrong with that. There's a few "issues" I'd suggest looking into fixing, but even with them I'd say it's clear

-There are a lot of spots where, if you run back to the left, a chuck/flower/whatever will walk the opposite direction and fall on you. Here's a few notable spots if you wanna look into it
A2Mt - MTH_00000.png
A2Mt - MTH_00002.png
-On the same thought, the blue goopas look really weird going uphill in some spots, especially the one after the midpoint
-I am pretty sure this is not why I took this picture, but look this bush has some minor cutoff? I would check for more, but I think you could give it all a quick look-over in lunar magic better than I could in the game.
A2Mt - MTH_00001.png
-Invisible bomb at this spot (I know because I'm holding it) I'm sure it's because of the ducks at the top. Not sure if there's any other spots as such, but again I'd give a quick look in all the places where there's wigglers just to make sure everything is appearing properly before submitting.
A2Mt - MTH_00004.png
-Also, I don't think it really matters, but you can't jump up through the ground on the places where the ground does a 90 degree curve. I would just let sleeping dogs lay, but I know somebody is gonna come along later and mention it and act all smug about it.

This was a very lazy clearing
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

yogui:
Sorry, but you missed last deadline and lost your level. You are going to have to reclaim your level and all your resources after this deadline (thursday) if you want to continue working on your level.
Money

Post by Money »

Mm'k, I fixed most of Argumentable's problems (there still may be a few falling Chucks and maybe a tiny bit of cutoff here and there) and added a couple things, and now I think that it's really ready for real.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ll7tgnozyu0gq08
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned

Post by yogui »

limepie20 wrote:yogui:
Sorry, but you missed last deadline and lost your level. You are going to have to reclaim your level and all your resources after this deadline (thursday) if you want to continue working on your level.
In fact I don't need to work on my level because my level is finished. Or I think it is.
I lost my level? And someone stole some of my map16? Well, that's my punishment for not posting news of myself for a long time.
So after the deadline I will reclaim all my stuffs, fix the map16 and submit my level.