</script>

smw centralmario fan games galaxypge project

Testing and Development: Deadline-one week after comments

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
alex2
Banned

Re: Testing and Development: Deadline Nov. 17th

Postby alex2 » 8 years ago

Finishing my level in sub-three weeks is going to be incredibly difficult. Don't be surprised if I end up dropping it some time in the next couple weeks.
Warning: Opinions expressed by alex2 or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of alex2 himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
raocow wrote:a3xt will be my last project, after which I will quit lp forever
SPASM - LevelASM for Yoshi's Island!
My mosts things:

limepie20

Re: Testing and Development: Deadline Oct. 28th

Postby limepie20 » 8 years ago

AUS wrote:At some point I think you just have a beef with me than actually care, and that thought just gets more and more strong the more offensive things you say like claiming I think my level is perfect. Do you understand? I can't tell if I should really take you all that seriously or not.
I suppose I was being a little harsh and I'm sorry about that. I was upset that you had no interest in accepting anything I said. I really wish you didn't think this because it's not true at all.
Don't get me wrong, I didn't dislike your level. You had the aesthetics and gimmick down; there were just those three major problems I wanted to point out and you rejected them all. The thing is, this shouldn't be based on opinion; these are real problems that actually need to be fixed, not suggestions.

But, you can keep it the way you like it for now. After all, it is your level. Again, sorry. I tend to point out things wrong with levels and not what I like about them.

I try to not be argumentative so that's it and most likely will be it.

AUS

Postby AUS » 8 years ago

I just don't feel like there's a problem with the layer 2. Yes, you can jump through the platforms but the thing with layer 2 is that only happens when you're being lifted by it. If you wait until the lifting stops you can get through it.

And I honestly want to know which jumps you find unfair and which you don't.
P.S. My previous post was a complete overreaction, so, sorry about that. :P
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
I go by ToNi now. Trying to homogenize my internet handle.

limepie20

Okay, now we're getting rational!

So anyway, I just couldn't figure out how to get through that chest room because of the falling through the floor thing. I kept killing me and it only happened for the half of the room after the message box (not sure why, maybe you changed something). As I said before, I still don't understand how that works so I keep dying. Maybe if you had a message box telling the player how to not fall through it could work better. Otherwise, you could have more elevator stuff like the first half.

About the first half, at the time, I was a bit frustrated with the chest section (I played that first) and none of the jumps are REALLY bad but I just don't really like the design of it. It's just odd having random floating masses be your level. It's not as bad with the second half, but I think the first half needs to be more like one big land mass. Do you know what I mean? There's just a lot of empty space and it is awkward.

Also, the picture in the first post I made about your level was tough, too. I realized you had to lift the layer2, and it was in that picture but even then, I only made the jump 1/4 times.

AUS

Postby AUS » 8 years ago

OK I'll fix those up.

The deadline is a little daunting because I'll be on a vacation of sorts for a week starting Monday and ending next Monday, so I lose a week of it. So I'll have to work extra hard.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"

limepie20

Your level is mostly built already, so it shouldn't bee too much of a stretch.

AUS

Postby AUS » 8 years ago

By "large land mass" or masses of land, do you mean something like this?
A2MTo.PNG
A2MToo.PNG
A2MTooo.PNG
A2MToooo.PNG
Vip is pronounced "Beep"

limepie20

Yes, I think that helps.

Argumentable
the biggest shit

Postby Argumentable » 8 years ago

Diortem wrote: Here's my own level as it currently is: 137 - Chillout2

Some notes:
-Some parts are still unpolished/unbalanced and may feel too hard at the moment
-The level turned out to be longer than I expected. I was still working on adding a Yoshi Wings section, but haven't even done so at the moment. Cutting some of the sections are also possible.
-Still uses an old base ROM. I'll update it next time to A2MT 2.20.
-As a prototype for the custom ASM needed in the Yoshi Wings section I've made this small separate hack to see what is possible with Yoshi (right here). To be honest, it turns out to be a lot more work to get everything working with Yoshi in the neighborhood (in fact there's still some glitches in it). I think I'll have to change my approach cause I don't want to mess around with the base rom that much to get this working...
I think a better name than Chillout2, and not just because it doesn't really remind me of Chillout 1 at all, is "Land of Too Many Generators." I think that should tell you enough about that. Also I only obtained 3 parrot coins, saw the foruth, didn't see a 5th or a chest, but I didn't search too hard for them because I didn't really enjoy playing the level. Here's some erroneous things, though (I guess spoilers are the cool thing to do)
1) When you come out of a pipe back into the icy area, the level isn't icy anymore.
2) There's no reason to jump over here... but you can! If you give me a wall I can jump over I will probably jump over it.
a2mt - chillout2_00000.png
3) This block isn't destroyable by fire, which is weird. Also: a pain in the ass to jump through when you have whatever the hell yoshi is replace with. I would probably just remove it?
a2mt - chillout2_00001.png
4) There's a tile missing up there that I didn't notice in my first run through so either something happened or it's just missing.
a2mt - chillout2_00002.png
5) I really hate crumbling bridges and they serve no purpose (except at the end where you die)

There were a few spots that I guess were unfinished? Like the spot where you jump on the two red koopas up onto a ledge and then there's nothing? I started to run out of time while I was exploring and after I ran to the goal that's pretty much where I stopped. I don't know if it's just me being bad or what, but there are a lot of places where you can easily get hit.
Edit: I tried it again and I found I guess the "secret" area but I ran out of time and the midpoint did nothing so you're not getting anything else from me

Daizo

Postby Daizo » 8 years ago

Diddyboy100 wrote:Hay me again so Its 2 days before the deadline so try and find as many bugs as possible, So far:
-removed the Big boo battle
-made the first area more.....fair.

So yeah, enjoy

Find the treasure chest in this spoiler (But I suggest not XD)
The treasure is in the pipe in the beginning of the second area, parity hard to get but is tested with out save states XD
Heres the Download XD
What is wrong with you people!

Can you please test this level so I can fix errors
My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.

alex2
Banned

Postby alex2 » 8 years ago

Diddyboy100 wrote:What is wrong with you people!

I did. Refer to my previous post to see how I feel about it.

And try not to be so rude. You're not the only one who needs feedback.
Warning: Opinions expressed by alex2 or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of alex2 himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
raocow wrote:a3xt will be my last project, after which I will quit lp forever
SPASM - LevelASM for Yoshi's Island!
My mosts things:

Diortem

Postby Diortem » 8 years ago

shdwdrgnix:
-The background looks really nice on your level, but the secret routine is just sooooo long. Can you please shorten some of those sections.
-The eerie section with the lava at top and bottom sides can get to near Kaizoish proportions if more than a few spawn in the center. I started that section with the cape and had to use a lot of pixel perfect jumping, gliding, and like 20 savestates just to get through 1 screen. The biggest difficulty about it was that there's little land to stand on, lava at the top which is very easy to jump into, especially with bouncing blocks, and the randomness induced by the Eerie generator.
-Might I ask what the Big Boo boss is even doing here? After everything the levels throws at you the boss is like silly fruitcake.
-I didn't get what why the pipe in the Boo boss room teleports you all the way back. Unless I missed something that is a really evil thing to do.
-In all, your level was mostly fun, but some sections in particular the sections deeper secret path should be mellowed a bit.
Thanks Argumentable for your opinion. I understand your points and will see to them, I took a wrong turn here. I need to redesign some parts of it.
The coins and chest where going to be in the red Yoshi Wings section. But due to technical difficulties I might have to scrap it (that also was the reason why you could get red Yoshi).

And also why there's a wall on the left side of the screen (the wings block was supposed to be here instead of a wall). I rushed through the IPS patch too fast for this level, sorry.

edit: yeah, that secret area was just there for testing. It wasn't done yet, I should have removed that too.

Isocitration

Postby Isocitration » 8 years ago

Isocitration wrote:Ok, new update, but with very minor changes.

Download

Basically I made some minor fixes that Diortem pointed out and altered the end of the chest path to be a bit easier. Didn't change the background there though.

I also removed the shortcut pipes at the start because I want to know how difficult finding the alternate paths actually is for the player. Remember that there are two exits and of course the chest to find.

No real change to the vertical segment... I'm thinking of just scrapping it. It was rushed and I'm extremely dissatisfied with it, but I don't have any ideas regarding how to improve it or what I should replace it with. Maybe I should only have one exit and just get rid of it entirely?
Reposting this from two weeks ago. It was only downloaded once (probably by me) and got zero feedback so yeah.

With this new deadline I'm definitely leaning toward just scrapping the vertical section entirely and only having one exit.
raocow wrote:you are dommed iso.

AUS

Postby AUS » 8 years ago

Another IPS, the only changes made so far were to the land masses to make them more connected. It probably looks a bit empty in terms of sprites right now. Here
EDIT: Oops, I just noticed some accidental cutoff and a dragoncoin being destroyed. That won't be in the next version.
EDIT2: Fixed and I changed some other random things. :p
Last edited by AUS on 29 Oct 2011, 22:38, edited 2 times in total.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"

Daizo

Postby Daizo » 8 years ago

Alex wrote:
Diddyboy100 wrote:What is wrong with you people!

I did. Refer to my previous post to see how I feel about it.

And try not to be so rude. You're not the only one who needs feedback.
Sorry, I didn't notice, and yes I get that way some times.

Also, its suppose to be hard (but also learn a new trick like that dick move I polled off) but I'll make a message in the game to warn you about that.
My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.

Leifytwig123

Postby Leifytwig123 » 8 years ago

Oh crap, the deadline deadline is November 17th!?! Is it okay if I get everything done EXCEPT for the custom graphics and backround because I really doubt that I can get it done in time seeing as I know close to nothing about it at this time. Would someone be willing to help me with it if I described what I wanted to them? Thanks in advance.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who know binary, and those who don't!

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Postby raocow » 8 years ago

Have a working level, and get it cleared for the gameplay. The graphics can be done while we move on to other things, so that would be fine. We just want a level that could still work otherwise, basically.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ImageImage

Leifytwig123

Postby Leifytwig123 » 8 years ago

Okay, sounds good! I'll be sure to do my best and get my level done as soon as possible!
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who know binary, and those who don't!

shdwdrgnix

Postby shdwdrgnix » 8 years ago

Diortem wrote:shdwdrgnix:
-I didn't get what why the pipe in the Boo boss room teleports you all the way back. Unless I missed something that is a really evil thing to do.
I'll try to fix up the difficulty, also
bring a blue block in thst pipe and you can reach the upper part and thats where the treasure chest will be (blue coin)

Argumentable
the biggest shit

Postby Argumentable » 8 years ago

AUS wrote:Another IPS, the only changes made so far were to the land masses to make them more connected. It probably looks a bit empty in terms of sprites right now. Here
EDIT: Oops, I just noticed some accidental cutoff and a dragoncoin being destroyed. That won't be in the next version.
EDIT2: Fixed and I changed some other random things. :p
I think it's fine so far as sprites go, I wouldn't bother changing it very much. I do think, howerver, that a couple of the jumps can be really difficult. Like this one:
a2mt - aus_00001.png
Also, not even going to comment about the layer 2 scrolling thing (edit: I am, it's kind of difficult but it's fine), it feels really difficult, but there's a bigger issue with it. You can just run to the left and have everything sort of "stop" scrolling, then you get to this part and you can cheese the fuck out of it
a2mt - aus_00000.png
I would find a way to make layer 1 stop scrolling as well?

Lastly, I'm not sure what you were going for with the invisible blocks at the beginning that lead to the door. It's just a shortcut to the goal? It feels more like it should be some kind of secret and not just "oh hey you can skip my level if you want"

I think it's pretty good, though, I'd just tweak the landscape a bit more. Also not sure if I found all the coins or not but I'm pretty sure I did and all of them (except for the one after the goal) were fine. Maybe move said coin to the part where layer 2 scrolls really fast?

GanonTEK
Evil King
Location: Ireland. The Emerald Isle. (We got no emeralds though)

Postby GanonTEK » 8 years ago

I think I'll post my level in the clearing thread. No one has suggested I change anything since my last fix and it's been weeks so I want to get the level inserted and stuff :)

AUS

Postby AUS » 8 years ago

@Argumentable
Argumentable wrote:Lastly, I'm not sure what you were going for with the invisible blocks at the beginning that lead to the door. It's just a shortcut to the goal?
*FACE PALM OF EPIC*
Not toward you, toward myself. It, uh, erg. I'm not even going to explain myself, I screwed up where it leads. *is shot*
Fixed
@Everything else you said, thanks and stuff. :P
Oh, and for cheesing it, I don't know how to make layer 1 stop aswell. I tried a normal autoscroll but it didn't let the other autoscroll activate, but I did make a punishment for cheesing it being death if you get too far and aren't tooling the heck out of it.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"

Fireyblaze

Postby Fireyblaze » 8 years ago

I am not even sure I still have a level (My last reminder was August 25) , but it has been complete for a while. (September 14th?) My internet was cut off at my house, so I couldn't upload it immediately. It was turned back on 2 weeks ago, but I didn't really immediately snap to the fact that I was late. (I really didn't even check this site either.) Gonna post up my level even though I might not have a level now. I'm sure you can find a place for it, right?
WrathfulRomp.zip
Any critiques would be good. The name is still not final either.

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Postby raocow » 8 years ago

If it's good, considering where we are at in the project, we could always just put it in a new level slot.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ImageImage

limepie20

Yeah, fireyblaze you lost your level a long while ago. I would go back and try to get back the resources you need for your level.

Return to “A2MT”