(shouting)

Testing and Development: Deadline-one week after comments

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
Negative

Re: Testing and Development: Deadline-one week after comment

Post by Negative »

Changed the vertical bg scrolling in the main room to variable. Gonna keep to chest room as it is.
tenta
First name: Alex

Post by tenta »

I don't have any idea for my level name but its an ice level with french message boxes so obviously its slippery lol.

This if my very first completed level ever.

IVe let some peoples test out my level and they said its pretty challenging so il put the IPS here.

Sorry i don't know what to say more.

Just click here D:
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I totally agree with having a level randomly having french text (don't worry, didn't open it or anything). As thus, however, the name should be in french. I propose 'un niveau glissant' (a slippery level)
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
tenta

Post by tenta »

Well i recently had the idea of -> Glisse demo glisse <- Yes im french too haha. But yeah i may choose one of these two choices.
tenta

Post by tenta »

I forgot to add, i had to rush my level and its the first on the right of teh pimp house...

Edit: I think i found the name i will give to my level. How does -> La joie de glisser <- sound?
tenta

Post by tenta »

*Ahem*...Excuse me? can i get an awnser yet?
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Google translate says "The joy of sliding" which I think is a hilarious name. ;)
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
tenta

Post by tenta »

You didn't need google translation since i could have been able to translate it for you haha :P

Im only wondering if anyone tested my level yet.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

I have this level for you guys to test around, see if the idea is a good one. Everything is subject to change, even the gimmick because I have lots of ideas. But here is what I'm trying right now.
Confused Goopas
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

Don't worry tenta, I will play your level tonight, with omeotl and AUS one.
I have already played it for 1 minutes and I noticed that:
-il y a des fautes d'orthographes en français !
-You don't use the custom parrots coins that diseaper once collected (maybe you used an old baserom?)
-I think the ground at the left of the first parrot coin should be solid (and this coin is too easy to get)
-There is a place when the ground in indicated with coins. If you collect the coins, you don't know where the safe ground is. Never use bottom room for ground in lunar magic.
The rest is for tonight (french timezone).
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
Negative

Post by Negative »

Because of the slowly but surely approaching deadline and because there is a new page, I have decided to repost my level.

http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=files&u=17962

Unnamed one on the bottom.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

The level is really good overall, could be a bit more diversified, but it's good.
Some things:
The level looks slippery, but it isn't. That's a bit confusing.
The music doesn't fit obviously.
The background stars should be more offset.
The dragon coin with the muncher is kinda lame because you can just force it and tank the hit, maybe replace the muncher with something that always kills you.
Maybe replace the suicide hole in case you kill the flowers with a reset door.
There is a place where a dragon coin is between two columns of turnblocks, there is a blind jump right before that, maybe add some coins.
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned

Post by yogui »

I'm farting a lot tonight. Anyways, here is some "reviews".

tenta:
Finalement j'ai fais mon test en anglais comme ça. J'aurais du le faire en français vu que tu le comprend mais bon c'est trop tard. Enfin si tu préfère en français je pourrais te traduire ça plus tard.^^

Les fautes d'ortographes...
"si je te dis" "il y a" "blocs invisibles" "encore ?" (there is a space before the ? in French from France. Don't know if it's the same in Quebecquoi)
"écoute" (there is no é in the SMW's font, it's not your fault)
"-Saviez-vous ce qui n'est probablement pas vrai-" je sais pas, comme c'est tourné, je trouve que ça n'a pas beaucoup de sens. Peut-être qu'en mettant:
-Le saviez-vous ? (ceci n'est probablement pas vrai) -
Peut-être ?

The bone is attached on a ground, but the ground is not solid. Either make the ground solid or change the bones with something else. Also maybe you can change the palette of the bone a little or make it use his original palette which was better.

Like I said, using bottom row in lunar magic for grounds isn't recommended, even if you still can see one pixel sometimes. There is coins, but if you collect them, then there isn't any indication of where it is safe to jump.

Somes coins have bad palettes. Just use the normal yellow coin only instead of multiple badly colored coins.

The plant is behind the ground. Also blind jump because when you are on the highest platform you can't see the munchers saws and when you jump on the midway point you get hurt. Remove this saw.
Also cut-off in red circles.

Don't use bottom row. You can't see if there is ground or not and there is even no coins this time.

Bloc note (aka tofu man) have bad palette and bad graphism when you jump on them. Remove them of fix the palette and graphism.

There was a koopa falling out of nowhere here. Why?

SILENT BULLET!!! Wait, we are not on smwcentral. So it's ok I guess.

Oh, the saws have bad palette too. More like poor pallet. They could use more colours.

Hiding the chest here is... weird. Going inside dirt can be considered as a glitch, and using a glitch to get the chest is not very good. Also cut-off on the block.
Maybe you can put the chest behind the goal bar, forcing the played to bullet jump above to get it? It's just a idea (it may be a bad one too ^^). Or change it so it look less "glitchy".

I know you made this so you can go on the dirt to get the chest, but it look cut-off (also I have found another way to go inside, I jumped on the bullet before the goal bar).

This cut-off tile can make you go inside the wall (and die).

Here too.

oeuf coupé... I mean cut-off.

This level was ok I guess. The invisible blocks gimmick is annoying, you can't predict them (sometimes there are some here and sometimes there aren't any here, and when there is some there aren't anything telling you ) so it's a "you learn by dying" and this is not good.
And the level wasn't focused on a specific gimmick. There was some homing bullets, some invisibles blocks, some one block jumps, but nothing in particular. It's not a bad level, it's just that there isn't any focused idea.
Fix all the glitches, maybe try to change some other things to make your level more original and fun and post it again here.
T'inquiète pas, c'était quand même pas mal. Mais tu peux faire mieux camarade, je crois en toi. Yo! Je dit n'importe-quoi quand je parle français.
Omeotl:
I dunno, is the "pokey head graphism used for the football" can be considered as a glitch this time?

Super minor thing that can count as a cut-off for some people (like me).

AaaaAAAh. That orange and blue contrast. I see it everywhere Aaaah. No, the palettes are fine. Maybe a bit... strong? Don't know if we can say that in english.
At first it looks a little visually confusing but we get used fast. Also near the second parrot coin, I didn't knew what to do because I thought the block was a recoloured yellow block and you needed to spin jump. I knew later it was just a blue block you can pick. lol. But I learned that by spinjumping on the plant you can go above the pipe and get the parrot coin. So you can let that or force the player to get the coin like it was intended: with the vine in one of the yellow block down there. Your choice.
...oh wait there is a secret exit. I missed it. Let's play it again then.
Blue coins turn into collectable blocks. And how do you get on the tree with the pipe that lead to the probably secret exit? I though you needed to use the P-switch and use brown blocks to climb, but...
Well, I will look for that tomorrow. Can you give me a hint? :)
AUS:
Very original level here. The pallete manipulation with the Yoshi and Goopa was nice. It's funny when you see for the first time your green Yoshi turn into a red one and think this some super awesome ASM but it's just simple palette change. Can't wait to see more.

The only glitch, you can go inside dirt by flying ... and get stuck forever (there is no time limit). But it's a WIP so it would have been fixed I think.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

My hint is that you should look for a bonus room that gives you a hint via the message box, although since I think you're a non-native English speaker, I'm not sure how helpful the hint will be.
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned

Post by yogui »

I forgot about that hint in the message box, ha ha!
Ometeotl2001 (2).png
There is a cut-off here.

There is a glitch in the game, if I get the midpoint and get a Game Over, when I restart the level, I start at the original SMW's midway entrance, not the one of the midway point patch, since the original midway entrance is over a pit, I die and I can't play the level. Good thing I savestated when I got the midpoint.

So, well, it was a good level. I liked it.
The secret exit was hard to found. How can you know that you have to fall in a specific place to get the hidden key? And the hidden pipe? Well I cheated I looked in lunar magic, but if I haven't it would have took me lots of times. Or maybe not? I should have played legitimately, but I was tired so, good night.
And those darn chomp, they are so unpredictable like always, I hate them.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Well, the message box at the beginning of the secret path gives you a hint to look for blue coins upside-down, as one set tells you of the key and the other the hidden pipe.
Negative

Post by Negative »

The music doesn't fit obviously.
Yeah. I dont know what music to put in my level [ or how to put (I have never even bothered to try to use addmusic)].
The background stars should be more offset.
I appreciate your opinion, but I think that the stars are fine the way they are now.
The dragon coin with the muncher is kinda lame because you can just force it and tank the hit, maybe replace the muncher with something that always kills you.
Fixed. I put the parrot coin so high that you now need to bounce on the buzzy beetle.
Maybe replace the suicide hole in case you kill the flowers with a reset door.
There are two parts where you absolutely need plant-man charlie to progress, and both parts are so simple to figure out that I see no reason to add a reset door.
There is a place where a dragon coin is between two columns of turnblocks, there is a blind jump right before that, maybe add some coins.
Fixed.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Don't let the music be an issue. After insertion a song will be chosen for you if you don't know what to pick or whatever - probably one of the original compositions made for the project.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Cheeseofdoom

Post by Cheeseofdoom »

Not that anyone is taking up the project at the moment, but when and if someone does, it would be nice if someone could collaborate with SNN about changing a song based on the on/off trigger for my level.

Also, is it possible for there to be a notice that my level needs someone in the first post? I feel like it's just going to get buried, even though raocow seems eager to get it into the game.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Code: Select all

!MySongNum = #$03
!ScreenNum = #$06

LDA $7EC100
   CMP !MySongNum
   BEQ Return

LDA $1463
      CMP !ScreenNum
      BCC Return
      LDA !MySongNum
      TAX      
      STA $0DDA      
      STA $1DFB      
      LDA #$11      
      STA $0100      
      STZ $4200      
      LDA $13BF
      PHA
      STZ $13BF
      LDA $0DAE      
      PHA         
      LDA $0DAF      
      PHA         
      PHK         
      PER RETURNADDR2-1   
      TDC
      PHA
      PLB
      TXA
      JML [$9741]

RETURNADDR2:

PLA         
      STA $0DAF   
      PLA   
      STA $0DAE      
      LDA #$14      
      STA $0100      
      PLA
      STA $13BF
      LDA #$81      
      STA $4200      
Return:
   RTS
This code made by kil changes music based on screen number. I assume this can be changed to work with on/off switches.
tenta

Post by tenta »

Fixed most of what Yogui told me (Thanks to skype and french speaking :P).

Going to put the fixed version soon.
SyStemkraSh5642

Post by SyStemkraSh5642 »

Sorry for the late update, it's Thanksgiving here in the USA.
My A2MT Level - Update the 3rd
This level is set in the sky, and it is somewhat difficult. It is nearing completion; the chest has been placed, and 4/5 parrot coins have been placed. I hope you like how the level looks as much as I liked making it. Please leave feedback!
Daizo

Post by Daizo »

Paralars wrote:I suggest posting your thing in Clearing now, so you can get some other feedback as soon as possible.
You'll still have to fix some things, anyway.
About the instant kill problem, you could just use "make Demo small" blocks like you did earlier instead of giving the player a raddish, making him spinjump and then forcing him through three firebars where he's supposed to get hit.
Or scrap the raddish-turnblock stations completely and use custom "only passable with spinjump" blocks.
There were some in AUS' first level, I don't know if they are inserted in the current baseROM, but getting them wouldn't be much trouble for you. (-> It's tile 448)
(That way, you could even replace the booster turnblocks with arrow blocks or something self-explanatory and the player wouldn't need the messagebox hint anymore)
If you want, I can make you 2 custom graphics for a block that has an A on it and one with an arrow on it for the spinjump-only and booster blocks.

Or you just do something completely different, its up to you.
Maybe late to reply but thanks for the suggestions, and yeah, I completely forgot about the "Passable with a spin jump" thing, and yeah, you can make some GFX for me ^^

My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

I don't know where there is place for those graphics in your level's files, so I just put those in an empty GFX file.