(shouting)

Testing and Development: Deadline-one week after comments

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Re: Testing and Development: Deadline-one week after comment

Post by Awakenyourmind »

limepie20 wrote:
Franky wrote:Hey LimePie could you check that vid while you're here?
I like it! I think it's all nice.
Alrighty sounds good. If no one else has any feedback I'll just keep it like this then. Next section to do is the hall for the doors, I've already got one normal door 90% done.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

I'm gonna be gone for a couple days starting tomorrow, when I get back I should be able to finish the Final Level. These sections aren't rushed, they go quick because of my work rate and the smaller size each room is. Once this level is done we can hound the switch palace people and get all levels inserted and move this project forward. We've come too far to stop paying attention like this project is dead or something.

I'll be here for the night but I don't think many will see my message so I'm posting it now while things are sorta active. :D

PS: I'm gonna try and get a laptop for these out of state jobs I do, that way I can keep up with things. Most of my time is spent sleeping in the motel to pass time so I can get the work done and go home.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Back now, took a day less then expected. I wont be working for awhile now (real job I might add). Since no one really views this forum anymore (mostly ASMBXT) I think I'll stick with that intro, I'd like to move things along. :D
It's sort of sad how so many people just bailed after they finished their level, but luckily there are not many levels left to publicly judge.
Last edited by Awakenyourmind 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

It's really mostly because, well, most things are just -done- now. I know it's kind of sad, and I know you'd like more feedback.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

raocow wrote:It's really mostly because, well, most things are just -done- now. I know it's kind of sad, and I know you'd like more feedback.
I guess you're right, though even I would come back and look at progress frequently, and I'd be the first person to test the Final Level for people. In fact people should want to help get the last levels tested so the hack can be completed a bunch sooner.

Either way raocow, if LimePie says it's fine is that good enough if others don't give feedback? I mean, is his feedback enough if no one else replies? I'm making sure to follow your level guidelines good, but I hate days for a reply from others, because I do sections one at a time and like to have things done in order. It helps the motivational process as well lol
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Just keep going, yeah. Don't worry about it too much. I think that, when you have something more playable, people will be more eager to test and whatnot!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

raocow wrote:Just keep going, yeah. Don't worry about it too much. I think that, when you have something more playable, people will be more eager to test and whatnot!
You're right raocow. I'll go head and complete it and then release the ips and see where things go. :!:
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

I still read updates to this, I just... don't really respond because I don't have a whole lot to say, and I feel like saying 'yeah, ssalright' for each bit would be... a thing. Keep working on it!

I would certainly volunteer to test and such, but I'm not that good at playing on a keyboard, and since I'm playing a ROM I get easily annoyed and abuse the heck out of tools. So I wouldn't be a good person to do that.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

I nearly always ready to judge some level design. I'm justing waiting for stuff to roll in at this point.
Jolpengammler
The Friendly Dog
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Jolpengammler »

I have holidays now and can't record stuff, so if you need testing help or something, just tell me what to test or what to do, because I am bored and would love to help here, too, because ASMBXT is getting all the attention, which A2MT needs.
Just tell me what to do
"Ban all the facial hair from life." ~ Horikawa Otane, 2014
"i always run up and down the stairs because i want to die" ~Isocitration, 2016
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Jolpengammler wrote:I have holidays now and can't record stuff, so if you need testing help or something, just tell me what to test or what to do, because I am bored and would love to help here, too, because ASMBXT is getting all the attention, which A2MT needs.
Just tell me what to do
Well I could let you test the Secret Door I made, and I've got one of the normal doors 90% done so you should be able to test that soon as well. It's probably good as is but I still need to make sure things work as they did. I just need to setup the hallway(s) that lead to the first set of doors first. I'll be doing that shortly (today) I've been up for an hour so I need to clean the place and wake up before I get into that. I can't be off at all because I don't want that to hurt my ideas, I need to be in the zone for best results lol

Thanks to you all for offering to help test, I'll have some material shortly. Just keep an eye out for my post again.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

I'll be posting an IPS patch soon, but for the moment I'd like to go head and show off my version of the hallway area to the doors. I've tested it and things work as they should. The left side is the exact same as the right, I wasn't able to capture the entire thing in one image. That thing behind Mario is a midway point. I've not figured everything out with those yet but that's for when I post the IPS patch so all doors can be tested quickly.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

I think you should take what you have there, but compress it inwards two screens, so that the whole room is only four screens long. I don't know yet because I haven't played the level, but it seems like it may be a bit too time consuming to get to the end doors. Again, I could be wrong.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

It goes by so fast actually, was wondering if it was long enough lol
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/13122/Final%2BLevel.ips

Hey guys, I've got an IPS patch here for you all to test. It's the level directly to the right of the start, with no level name. Mainly what I've got here is the entrance and hallway to the doors. The bottom left door in the hallway leads to an almost complete first door section. It's playable up to a certain point for those who want a little more to test. I still need to go back and fix some disappearing sprite issues and add a couple sprites somewhere else. The other three doors lead back to the hallway room for now, so you can test all three of those doors easily. Once you fall down a pit headed towards one of the bottom doors, you cannot go back up. I may change this if requested.

@Limpie: I could still compact it closer if you'd like, but it's really quick. You run and jump over the fire pit and fall down, and run one screen over the bridge. Takes only a couple seconds. Though either way it will be very simple to compact it, so I can make that change anytime.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

Is the ice level suppose to be able to passed from above?
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:Is the ice level suppose to be able to passed from above?
No that is a one way arrow in that area. What you do is spin jump down onto the mad thwomp and onto the ground to the bottom right of it. That cloud / snow level is almost complete. Some sprite placement needs to be changed for it to be complete(mostly towards the end)

Spin jumping makes this level a lot easier then normal jumping. Same places may require it.
Camoslash

Post by Camoslash »

Here is the original palette for my level.
http://i.imgur.com/VNpZD.png

And this is a slightly updated version.
http://i.imgur.com/MKuNc.png

I changed the foreground into a more brownish color, but I do not know how to go about changing the rest if it =/ The message in the "Level Finalization List" Thread said use shades of brown/grey in there as well. I tried adding shades or grey, but about all combinations of different colors I tried, they looked unfitting. Still trying to make a good palette right now, but some help/criticism would be great =D
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

I don't have much problem with the palette myself, but someone in the thread did. It's orange/yellow so it's more or less at the author discretion. If you really feel that you can make an improvement, go ahead and make changes.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9laIElI3XHU Watch in fullscreen.

I'll be posting and IPS patch soon after I create another section to complete this door. I rushed through the levels in this video so some parts may look harder then they are. Still the IPS patch which i'll release soon should give you an even better idea of what might need to be changed.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

I really liked what I saw. The second room after the "Vanilla Level" one looked really fun. I can't say much about the first one. Of course, I only experienced it vicariously so what I think doesn't really matter yet. Also, Wyatt is still planning on refining the song right?
One thing I'd like to suggest is that it's odd to see "A Vanilla Level" with the castle music in the background because it doesn't seem to match. Obviously the graphics are vital in that section, but you could try something like making the background a castle background.
Good job so far. Can't wait to see more.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

limepie20 wrote:I really liked what I saw. The second room after the "Vanilla Level" one looked really fun. I can't say much about the first one. Of course, I only experienced it vicariously so what I think doesn't really matter yet. Also, Wyatt is still planning on refining the song right?
One thing I'd like to suggest is that it's odd to see "A Vanilla Level" with the castle music in the background because it doesn't seem to match. Obviously the graphics are vital in that section, but you could try something like making the background a castle background.
Good job so far. Can't wait to see more.
I could do something like that. I would have but figured that would be closer to what was seen in ASMT. Wyatt left a comment on the video you should check out.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Franky wrote:Wyatt left a comment on the video you should check out.
Ah, thank you for directing me to that.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

It's looking nice. I do like the new addition of the phanto fuzzies. I would like to suggests making it so the autoscroll stops on the last screen.
The phanto thing feels weird though without having a real phanto. Is there any way you could incorporate one? It doesn't have to be like a key one. Maybe you could have its following condition something else to have it fit the level. Or just have the key there for a chest or something.

What other sublevels are you planning on in the future? I'd like to know what you will take from out of curiosity.