(shouting)

Testing and Development: Deadline-one week after comments

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
Davvic

Re: Testing and Development: Deadline Aug. 4th

Post by Davvic »

In that case do we have P switch "buttons"?

You know the ones where you hit the bottom of them, and you can press them an infinite amount of times.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

This "new" version still seems to have a lot of the problems that were pointed out before
-4 Yoshi Coins
-Last room kind of unfair
-Not enough time

Also here's the parts where you need to bullet jump
A2MT - bluhh_00000.png
Here, though technically you can use the footballs or whatever else
A2MT - bluhh_00001.png
Here, I imagine, is the main one. Even with the p-switch pressed there's really no other easy option (especially if you're small), yes, I know you can jump on that block that is visible in the picture, but it looks like a really small jump and honestly it "feels" easier to bullet jump whether or not it actually is
A2MT - bluhh_00002.png
Also I hope this is still a glitchy sprite that doesn't belong and not what a2mt is replacing the lava lotus with
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Davvic

Post by Davvic »

Another new version. Things are moving quicker now that people are giving feedback ^_^;

-I PROMISE you there are 5 coins in my level. 4 in the first area. 1 in the cave.
-I lowered the charly at the beginning so its possible to jump onto him without bullet/football jumping
-Removed the temptation of bullet jumping at the vines completely.
-Lowered the expanding blocks in the cave so you wont be shot when you land on one if you are small.

http://www.mediafire.com/?u5xq4hpyj5dpcdz

Im still kinda nervous about raising my time limit even more...
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Wait, you said you themed your level around AUS, from what I'm reading, right? Since AUS is an exploration game, it would totally be in flavour to just remove the time limit completely (set it to 00)
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Davvic

Post by Davvic »

raocow wrote:Wait, you said you themed your level around AUS, from what I'm reading, right? Since AUS is an exploration game, it would totally be in flavour to just remove the time limit completely (set it to 00)
It is kinda and it is kinda not. My original intentions were that yeah, but since its my first level I really lack the skills to make it a full on reference. Which is why I changed the level name.

I will try and experiment with a no time limit, and make it so you have to explore more.
E-Man

Post by E-Man »

Davvic wrote:In that case do we have P switch "buttons"?

You know the ones where you hit the bottom of them, and you can press them an infinite amount of times.
Yes, I had submitted the block "switch.asm" a while ago to be used in my own level. The block should have been included with the latest baserom that was posted however long ago.
Wyatt

Post by Wyatt »

The changes to the expand block positions are good. Still not sure about the koopa thing, he ends up flying through the wall unless the player is really quick (i.e. knows exactly what they're doing). You could always just use a non-green ground koopa so he stays on the ground. This would also remove the need for a coin trail leading to him.

Where's the coin in the cave? I can't think of anywhere to look that I haven't already been, unless it's under the floor at the bottom or something.
Cmbheadquarters

Post by Cmbheadquarters »

I have a problem here. I am going on holidays shortly after the deadline, and I'll be off for 2 weeks,
with no internet. or computers. so does that mean my level is gone? :(
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

No because you're telling us well in advance.

However... you're doing some pretty good progress, no? It's not unrealist to think you might actually be done by then.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

Status update of the [insert time period here] is GO
Seems like the tower is even more ruined up here... at least the parts that are left seem stable enough
Seems like the tower is even more ruined up here... at least the parts that are left seem stable enough
A2MT_00005.png (4.81 KiB) Viewed 3574 times
This is why the not-Yoshi is needed - well, part of the reason
This is why the not-Yoshi is needed - well, part of the reason
A2MT_00006.png (6.53 KiB) Viewed 3574 times
Braving the fire for a parrot coin
Braving the fire for a parrot coin
A2MT_00007.png (6.78 KiB) Viewed 3574 times
By the way, where can I find the correct palette for the fire roses?
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

yoshicookiezeus wrote:By the way, where can I find the correct palette for the fire roses?
I'm not sure why that happens. I'm pretty sure it's a glitch but I can't figure out the solution.
keckcellent

Post by keckcellent »

The IPS dredge is done. The interest and activity towards the hack died down a bit around page 83 which was unfortunate but helped me burn through the next 70 or so pages. I skipped the last twenty pages because I'm pretty familiar with who was posting then and I'm pretty sure everyone either inserted their levels or still have it pending (I know there's one exception and I'll find him/her later).

Tomorrow, I'm going to create a thread for this and contact the rest of the users. Lightslei already gave us permission to work on his/her level so we'll have at least one level. After about a week or so, any users that don't contact me or the management and say no will be considered a yes and put into the thread.

Anyway, I look forward to getting back to testing some of your levels and working on my own level. I've noticed that a recurring theme during my dredge was a lack of testing leading to frustration and while I think things have improved lately, I want to pitch in some more too.

Edit: The heads of the fire-shooting roses uses palette C I believe. It uses the back row of colors which is blank unless you alter the palette which is why they are appearing black. I don't know if this is a glitch or intentional but changing the palette is a quick and dirty fix.
Isocitration

Post by Isocitration »

limepie20 wrote:
yoshicookiezeus wrote:By the way, where can I find the correct palette for the fire roses?
I'm not sure why that happens. I'm pretty sure it's a glitch but I can't figure out the solution.
ExGFX page 144 uses the normal colors on the left side of the palette (as well as color B for the sepals), while ExGFX page 145 uses colors on the right.

They also use completely different palettes than what it shows in LM as well, which shows that they use palettes 9 and A, when they actually use palettes B and C in game. Someone may have messed with them in a .cfg editor?

Anyway, since YCZ is using the ExGFX page 145 version, all he'd have to do is replace colors C, D, and E with colors 3, 4, and 5 of the same palette. (I think the normal roses are red, while the arc shooting ones are usually blue in most hacks? Not sure if that weird green in palette B is the intended color for them in A2MT) Color B should probably be the same shade of green as in the other palettes.
raocow wrote:you are dommed iso.
ProfessorDemetri

Post by ProfessorDemetri »

keckcellent wrote:Dredge and Roses
Thanks keck for all that hard work. I can't wait to see the lost levels being worked on, that'll be fun.
Also, I thought the back row of black, on the palette, was hard coded? Or am I mistaken? Probably am. :lol:
If you need help with anything, contact me on my skype: Demekun
Isocitration

Post by Isocitration »

Yep, those black colors are normally hardcoded... However, enabling a custom palette completely overrides that limitation, allowing them to be altered.
raocow wrote:you are dommed iso.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Isocitration wrote:.
Thats weird because the .cfg file has them as 9 and A.
TomPhanto

Post by TomPhanto »

Okay:

http://www.mediafire.com/?njjazpbbcvsd203

I know I'm supposed to use V 2.15 with AddmusicM, however I couldn't get AddmusicM to work with me. So I took an earlier version and used Romi's Addmusic v4.04 just to see how the music would fit.

If you can't get the music to work in AddmusicM or you don't think it fits the level, I'll change it to Song 42.
Keys are important. When a key is lost, all madness shall break loose.
Cmbheadquarters

Wyatt: How about ryu's determination? that sound fitting?
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

TomPhanto:
We are using Romi's Addmusic (Huflungdu's version).
Cmbheadquarters

Wha? And so was I. It sounded odd when i inserted it, but i got rid of the header and it sounded great after.
TomPhanto

Post by TomPhanto »

http://www.mediafire.com/?nm8hqpac1njurlr

Hopefully, this should be the last edit I have to do. It also has the music that I recently requested.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

It seems pretty decent. Are there no parrot coins though? I couldn't find any. Here's a few things you'll wanna fix
A2MT - 109_00003.png
This jump feels unproportionately difficult compared to the rest of the level. I don't know if it's just me though
A2MT - 109_00000.png
Hammerbananas
A2MT - 109_00001.png
I'd fix the looks of the ledge (also the second one I'd remove one of the saws)
A2MT - 109_00002.png
Oh
I didn't listen to the music
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
TomPhanto

Post by TomPhanto »

The hammer bananas came with the patch.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

TomPhanto wrote:The hammer bananas came with the patch.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with the level but graphics Terry needs to fix.
TomPhanto

Post by TomPhanto »

One more update before I go to work.

http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/9567/A2MT109.ips

Let's see how this one goes.