(shouting)

Testing and Development: Deadline-one week after comments

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
Daizo

Re: Testing and Development: Deadline-one week after comment

Post by Daizo »

Paralars wrote:I don't know where there is place for those graphics in your level's files, so I just put those in an empty GFX file.
Thanks, I'll claim more ExGFX Slots, you could just look up the User look up in the AS2MT Manager and find "DiddyBoy100".

My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

i mean I didn't see any open tile spaces in your level, that stone background seems to consume everything from FG1 and BG1 to BG3
Daizo

Post by Daizo »

Paralars wrote:i mean I didn't see any open tile spaces in your level, that stone background seems to consume everything from FG1 and BG1 to BG3
Oh, Well you could just use the pipe tiles but what ever, I'll fit it for ya.

My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.
Cheeseofdoom

Post by Cheeseofdoom »

limepie20 wrote:This code made by kil changes music based on screen number. I assume this can be changed to work with on/off switches.

Let me remind you of the predicament:

This starts the song over every time. I need there to be just one instrument track subtracted/added so the music is smooth, but there's an alteration of some kind.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Oh, but hasn't snn already done something like that?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrFcR3pk ... ideo_title

But, I'm not very knowledgeable on this topic so I still could be wrong. I don't know who else knows music asm, but hey, there could be someone else here I never knew about.
Negative

Post by Negative »

Well, the deadline is just behind the door, so Im going to try to get this in to clearing.
I hope you hope me luck.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Confused Goopas
There may be some bugs, I don't know. The level is mostly untested at time of posting.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

the idea of changing koopa palettes for confusion is nice, but the level design is rather boring, especially because there is no challenge when you have yoshi.
The repeating rooms make it seem as if there was some sort of puzzle, but there isn't, it's just a linear level.
Maybe you can create some sort of puzzle that requires to bring yoshi to the end or something, or make it similar to a ghost house, where you go in circles through different versions of the same room over and over until you find the exit.

Another problem is that you can fly everywhere with yoshi, which means that you can go over the top of the level and switch between two rooms located in the same sublevel. That breaks the level and destorys the illusion of seperated cave areas.
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

Great ideas, and good points. Thanks for the feedback. :)
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Cheeseofdoom

Post by Cheeseofdoom »

limepie20 wrote:Oh, but hasn't snn already done something like that?

...That's why we need to contact him about it. He has the code and knowledge.
tenta
First name: Alex

Post by tenta »

To think i forgot to put the i think its almost fixed version...lol

La joie de glisser
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

Confused Goopas
Mostly untested at this point, like before. It's more like a ghost house now, so be warned.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

The level design makes a lot more sense now.
I didn't completely overlook all possible solutions, but I figured out that you can solve it by getting the blue baby yoshi, camouflaged as a yellow one, and using that one to fly over the clouds in the beginning and over the ceiling later on.
It's a bit confusing to judge the gameplay and the puzzle, which is okay, but make sure there aren't any major shortcuts, for example using a disco shell to fly somewhere.

At parts where you can fly to the left after entering a room, it is possible to go under the world and fly up the platform to another cave section.

The banzai bill causes GFX issues with yoshi.
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

My testing deadline is up. Time to go to clearing!

Previous post
-------------
The banzai bill thing is because I forgot to correct it in the new sublevels I was granted, so that'll be done. EDIT: With any luck moving some sprite bank (or whatever they are called) things around will have fixed it: Confused Goopas EDIT2: Also fixed some screen-moving blunders on my end.

Disco shells to my knowledge don't affect winning the level in any substantial way. They're good for finding the dragon coins, though.

I only have a day until my week deadline to put it into clearing is up, but I think it'll be ready for clearing. :P
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

For the name, what about
something like "Nobody remembers me"? To make raocow feel bad :twisted:

shdwdrgnix

Post by shdwdrgnix »

Now I will spend more time helping people here and making suggestions. Expect some input soon.
tenta
First name: Alex

Post by tenta »

anyone tested to see if i can put it on clear?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

My philosophy is that if three or four days passed and nobody said anything since you fixed things, just put it in clearing so things can keep moving.

I know limepie doesn't like that but, well, like I said, the project needs to keep moving!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

alex:
Nice job! Very authentic! (exceot for the music yet, ofc)

I've noticed some parts where you can skip small detours by tanking spike hits or jumping 5 block high, not a big problem, it just seems a little bit breaking to me.
You can spinjump (on the enemies).
Just some things that give you the impression of playing a mario level and not a #@!!& level
The item icons don't show up for me, only the letters.

Well, everything else is great, for a name, this is my suggestion:
Fireyblaze

Post by Fireyblaze »

@Alex: The level design is really nice. I wish that it had more variety in graphics, but I know that the source material doesn't really provide for that.

Here is a picture of my new level. It is a level based upon a level in the Level Dredge by KingTwelveSixteen. (Even though I am redoing his whole level, I am still providing credit in the hack.)

The ASM was recreated for me by Alex. (Again, he will be getting credit.)

I am actually very proud of this level's design. It starts off pretty easy but gains difficulty as the gimmick kicks in. The gimmick is not visible, but Demo's walking speed lowers every quarter screen. I am probably going to finish the level and then give it a time limit that will push the player to hurry in an environment that isn't suitable for hurrying.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Sounds kind of tacked on, honestly. Those are usually the worst kind of gimmicks.

Still, I'll be interested in seeing how you'll be able to manipulate the level design to actually fit with it. It could actually turn out pretty neat in the end, assuming the actual architecture is accommodating enough.
Schnurmanator

Post by Schnurmanator »

Here is my first update for level 124, Nezumiman's Farmville.

Sorry it's taken so long for me to give an update. Real life kinda gets in the way :/

But yeah. I'd say I'm more than 80% done with the level itself. I just need to finish the last farming room, add messages in the message blocks and fix a few minute things here and there.

I hope you ennjoy! :D

Update for level 124
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRL-g99Cy50
Fireyblaze

Post by Fireyblaze »

S.N.N. wrote:Sounds kind of tacked on, honestly. Those are usually the worst kind of gimmicks.

Still, I'll be interested in seeing how you'll be able to manipulate the level design to actually fit with it. It could actually turn out pretty neat in the end, assuming the actual architecture is accommodating enough.
To be fair, the level it originally came from was very tacked on. It was just a normal (and very boring) volcano level, so someone made some asm for the guy to pep up the level.

I have been doing my best to design the level to be manipulated by the slow down. Screen 6 is where the slowing down becomes the the most visible. One thing for sure, it makes certain obstacles like *Blank* Bros difficult to manage as the best strategy is taken away from you. (The best strategy to rush in.) Fire bars become harder to deal with as well.

I mean, I am not going to use those enemies just as justification for the gimmick, so I might incorporate a mini puzzle that requires the use of a previous triangle block, but since you proceeded farther into the level, you are not fast enough to run up it. Oh yeah, and the level goal is put there because that is when Demo becomes painstakingly slow.
TheGuyWhoIsSitting

Post by TheGuyWhoIsSitting »

Well, since my advice was basically scrap my level and start the design over again, I've been working on it on and off and I'll post progress when I feel I've got something worthy to show. I was wanting to incorporate the quicksand tiles into my level, but I cant really think of a fun way to put it in. Mashing jump doesn't sound like fun or exciting game play. The only other thing is that I tend to try and be too fair in my level design. I'll post progress when I feel it's done enough to post it.
SyStemkraSh5642

Post by SyStemkraSh5642 »

Well, my deadline is tomorrow and I'm literally two-three screens away from finishing the level. However, I'm flooded with homework. Just in case I don't make it for the deadline, I'd like my progress to be known.
Requesting a tester.
Link
If you don't want to test but are interested in what it looks like, click the link below.
Link
To get to the level, go down TWO spaces from the Yoshi House. It's the dot that is alone on its row.
This level is set in the sky and is challenging, but tries to be fair. There are two exits; the secret exit is a little reference to one of the Super Mario games by Nintendo. Please test this and leave some feedback.