(shouting)

Testing and Development: Deadline-one week after comments

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
limepie20

Re: Testing and Development: Deadline-one week after comment

Post by limepie20 »

All you need to do is download the sprite tool from smwc and put its contents in the ST folder. Then put your sprite in the sprites, shooters, or generators folder depending on which one it is (you need both the .cfg and .asm). The open "spritea2mt.txt" and add a line that says
xx spritename.cfg
where xx is your sprite number and spritename is the sprite name. You can tell just by looking at the other lines.
Open "sprite_tool.exe" and just do what it says. a2mt.smc and spritea2mt.txt should work.
There you go.

To insert the custom sprite in lunar magic, just get in sprite editing mode and press the insert button on your keyboard. Use your sprite number as your sprite number and make the extra bit 2 or 3.
shdwdrgnix

Post by shdwdrgnix »

thanks, things should be fine then. I'll post the ips after its tested.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xOhNbFkXh0

This was an attempt at using the mega spikes to try and create a final level section. It was going to be based off raocows falling mega spike level in ASMT, with a twist of course. I doubt it'll be finished or make it's way into the game. I'll probably re-do it with better GFX and better insight. Not many enemies here as well, focused mainly on the falling aspect, my new run at it will be much more alive I'm thinkin. This is sorta old, created it a day after I got the level. Figured I'd post it since it will be unused.

That palette was based off of an ASMT palette. I don't remember how much editing I did though, it's been a little bit. This is by no means my best try at this, was just trying to get more familiar with the custom (or not?) mega spike additions. The new version may be entirely different, I'd also like to try an get a background for it and of course that will not be the actual music track.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Hey guy's I need your opinion on this video below! Do you think these moving platforms are good enough to make a section with? What you see in the video is something I did in about an hour or so (didnt rush!) They don't float because I'm not using the cave lava (I think) but they can still be used (like) it was used in tatangas level in ASMT. Nothing is close to final, specially the tileset and palette, those I still need to figure out. Til then here is a custom palette I made using Lunar Magic.

Video is unlisted, only for you guys to see. raocow you can also check if you'd like, as it'll look so much different when it's done. I need feedback from higher ups as well if possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4zP1xWIYag

This was my first attempt ever using them so expect things to look much better if we all agree they can be useful. The line guides tiles were there because I planned to add saws in that area but didn't yet.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I looked because you gave me permission! It looks pretty good, though it's hard to 'link' mentally to asmt, but maybe that'll change when you change the appearance.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

raocow wrote:I looked because you gave me permission! It looks pretty good, though it's hard to 'link' mentally to asmt, but maybe that'll change when you change the appearance.
Yes. If it doesn't heavily resemble ASMT when done it'll be unused and I'll try something else. If someone would be able to ASM me a one of those moving platforms and have it stay floating in castle lava.. That'd be great!

Originally this level was an ice section and re used an icey castle palette from ASMT. Though I figured adding icey floors might be too hard? Or maybe that would be a good touch? lol
Kevinskie555

Post by Kevinskie555 »

Ehm in the most recent version of the game when you enter my level 52 (Thwomp Ahoy!) you instantly die because the starting y position is 2 where it should be 1, so if this could be fixed that'd be nice.
My hack:
Image ''creator''
Lookie! It's Goofy Bowser Junior
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Kevinskie555 wrote:Ehm in the most recent version of the game when you enter my level 52 (Thwomp Ahoy!) you instantly die because the starting y position is 2 where it should be 1, so if this could be fixed that'd be nice.
I've been unable to reproduce that error.
Kevinskie555

Post by Kevinskie555 »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:
Kevinskie555 wrote:Ehm in the most recent version of the game when you enter my level 52 (Thwomp Ahoy!) you instantly die because the starting y position is 2 where it should be 1, so if this could be fixed that'd be nice.
I've been unable to reproduce that error.
Oh ok, i probably don't have the most recent ips then :s Thanks for checking.
My hack:
Image ''creator''
Lookie! It's Goofy Bowser Junior
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Here is the entrance to A2MT's Final level below in the form of a youtube video. Tell me what you guys think, and what we should improve on. As you can see it's based off of ASMT's Final level Entrance.
Video is unlisted.
Feedback is needed.
I was thinking just now I could possibly add mist to the level to make things look better. I wasn't able to get the sparkling stars for the background, but I'm thinking I could change the background as well maybe.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

I'll be leaving tomorrow morning for a few days. Though I've already finished door 1 and the entrance in one day so it doesn't matter much. When I get back things will go smoothly. I'm so confident in that, that I plan to have a couple extra optional (secret) doors. I've already got the setup in my mind, it's going to be great. I've learned in the process how to export all of my resources so when the entire level is finished I'll have the files for easy insertion. I'll be updating my sky level to the latest baserom as well and fixing it up a bit. I've noticed errors even in clearing.

I'll be working on the level all day today, so I'll probably have another door done. I work fast, nothing is being rushed. It all looks great so far, specially the first door!
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

I think the intro might be cooler if it was almost identical to the original instead of adding on a lot at the end. This is solely from a gameplay perspective; it'll be annoying going through that every time you die.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

I was thinking there would be a midpoint at the first set of doors you can choose from, which would be after the entrance. This way you'd only really have to re do it every time you game over. And if you get to the Final Level with more then 50 lives you shouldn't have to see it twice depending on how good you are.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

What do you guys think about this secret door. Too hard?
Video unlisted.
EvilBloodGnome

Post by EvilBloodGnome »

Seems reasonable to me. All of the horizontal thwomps are visible before you get up on them and there are places to stop and collect. I'd have to play it before I knew how much of a pain slipperiness was. Only thing I could say is maybe stick a powerup block towards the second third.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

For the intro, perhaps instead of the added obstacles towards the end, just take the original level, and move the door way up so you just have a longish (well... you can only go as high as it allows, of course) run-up-a-wall to it? It might mix it up a little bit without being obnoxious, and possibly slightly amusing? I dunno.

The thwomp room seems rather reasonable for a final-level section, since they don't move lightning-fast like most instances of this obstacle, and there seemed to be a reasonable amount of safe spots even. Probably not something that I could beat easily, but I would suppose that someone more experienced wouldn't have too much trouble with it?
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

As someone who is generally opposed to overusage of thwomps, I think this level is excellent. I do think that I wouldn't want to deal with any thwomps pass that point.

Also, is the beeping really necessary? I would think normal thwomp noise would work even better for the effect.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

This level is funny though, because it looks harder then it is.
Indeed Swirlybomb. Though I'm going to make this secert door hard to get to. You'll have hidden floors down the hall for that door that drop you below for the normal exit. So you'll actually have to go back and jump over the hidden floors to get that exit. This way casuals will never have to play it, but people more experienced who go for the door, will get to play it. And if they go for the door, they acknowledge it may be a bit harder then the others.

Also I know raocow will play it and get a kick out of it! :D It's not really as hard as it looks! The timing is perfect for people who like to move forward most of the time. Though you can hide underneath those castle blocks and manipulate the thwomps landing before you take off running. At some parts when they hit the ground you have time to move a screen before they catch up.

As for the intro, that may be a good idea. I'll get working on the intro in a couple hours and see what can be done there.

@Sep: That's how it sounds in the base rom. I've not touched this thwomps coding, I'd like it changed but stuck with it anyway because the level was a good idea. I'm not sure I remember how to change it at the moment. Also, If you mean get rid of some stationary thwomps I could possibly do that. I'd like a bit more feedback though. This section is not as hard as it looks, specially when you use certain things to your advantage. The more you play it the easier it gets. :P

I had to add those other 3 homing thwomps because it was too easy otherwise. I tested it after and it worked great and looks funny looking lol I made sure it doesn't need savestates. I doubt it will give raocow himself much hassle, the timing can be pretty good in most cases.
SnackJackSJ
*Pressing controller buttons and plucking guitar strings furiously*
First name: Adam

Post by SnackJackSJ »

That's how most levels are it seems.
Whoa! Jack plays Mario Hacks?!
peace, love, and music
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Hey guys, here is the new Final level Entrance and Midway Point door in the form of a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzj4hMhYuDU
Video unlisted.

I shortened it and such, tell me what you think. I've noticed I forgot to fix a tile or two there in the video, though it's so minor and has already been fixed it shouldn't matter.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

PS What is this sibling hall stuff cause I don't see it in the wiki

Does this mean I can select some sublevels to be attached to something? Or what.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Chdata wrote:PS What is this sibling hall stuff cause I don't see it in the wiki

Does this mean I can select some sublevels to be attached to something? Or what.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10664
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Oh so sublevels forgot about the 'replace endgoal' thing and didn't think to look again cause I knew it didn't mention any specific sublevels ok

So I could take two and add in my sublevel and maybe have it lead to Pily if I can fix her.

I'm having enough trouble learning how to use Lunar Magic.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Hey LimePie could you check that vid while you're here?
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Franky wrote:Hey LimePie could you check that vid while you're here?
I like it! I think it's all nice.