(shouting)

Testing and Development: Deadline-one week after comments

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
MetalicNugget

Re: Testing & Development~

Post by MetalicNugget »

I know there are other ways to do this.This is just for the deadline.
Attachments
PIC_0027.JPG
PIC_0027.JPG (154.91 KiB) Viewed 4754 times
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Getting the picture from lunar magic is faster than taking a picture and uploading it onto your computer. Also, stop showing us the same pictures. You already met the deadline anyway with the level you uploaded.
Puffy1406

Post by Puffy1406 »

gave the FG, and BG a new pallete. Its sort of hard to make challenges because of how the sprite was made.
Karatekid5
Welcome to the resort!

Post by Karatekid5 »

Tails_155 wrote:Are the chains on the spinning platforms correct? They look borked.
I haven't set up a SP4 GFX file for this sublevel yet. When I do, the chains on the spinning platforms will have the correct graphics.
Yoshi Ambassador!
ProfessorDemetri

Post by ProfessorDemetri »

Metallic:
I'm going to be honest here. I'm not liking the look of this level, and for the same reasons I told you before..
The colors are garish, don't fit well together, you're still using the same broken background rain graphic, and the entire level feels rudimentary.
And like I said before, try to unify this level in some way, maybe a common color, or common enemies... or something... even a common theme. I'm not sure, but I'm not liking how it looks right now. :?
If you need help with anything, contact me on my skype: Demekun
Cmbheadquarters

Post by Cmbheadquarters »

Here is what I got so far:

A firey factory level, with thwomps, podoboos, and firery stuff. (vageness)

D0 Has been started, with a layer 2 falls, rising lava (green nuclear liquid) room. but there isn't enough progress on that one to show.
Attachments
snip.PNG
snip.PNG (54.55 KiB) Viewed 4717 times
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

It looks nice but there's too much contrast. The white on the brown is too bright. Also, the bright red in the background should be toned down a little, too.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

really, just toning down that red would make a big difference.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ProfessorDemetri

Yo guise!
I make levels sometimes and stuff lol (update)
01.png
01.png (80.14 KiB) Viewed 5202 times
I've picked a level that used layer 2 to smash it, and the gimmick is just that there's a graphical change from the mega spikes, to kitty paws, and I'll have the message block talking about a guard kitty, and that you've woken it up or something. Still undecided about what it'll say.
The message block at the end, by the TV will say something like..
"Demo: I can't watch my old Seinfeld reruns on this TV... I'll have to find another one somewhere in this house..."
02.png
02.png (86.73 KiB) Viewed 5202 times
Now just different parts of the house, minus the smashy kitty paws, but more cool stuffz.
03.png
03.png (26.89 KiB) Viewed 5202 times
And then finish fighting off some puff balls (big boo and boss boo), for the end of the level!
What do you guys think, yo?
shdwdrgnix

Post by shdwdrgnix »

ProfessorDemetri wrote:
What do you guys think, yo?
I really like it, but are those picture frames and clocks going to be solid? I also love how you set up the boo boss room.
ProfessorDemetri

shadow:
Actually they act like clouds, so you can jump through them, and stand on them just like a cloud.
I thought it would be a funny idea to be jumping on and around the furniture, because, I mean who as a kid was allowed to jump on the wall and the couch? lol :lol:
shdwdrgnix

Post by shdwdrgnix »

Maybbe have the couch behave like a bounce block, those cushions can give some pretty decent air time.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

Mmm, guess who's finally throwing the towel in >.> I have ideas but I just don't have it in me to make everything look pretty and shiny, nor can I get myself to feel more dedicated about the actual level design at large, I'm afraid. That's okay, my level didn't have enough Thwomps to fit in anyways.

For those who liked the water puzzle idea I had, basically the idea was that after Demo spent too much time underground hitting the water level switches, something would "break" and above-ground would become flooded, forcing her to escape via an alternate route from whence she came.

I hope you guys have fun with the rest of the development process. If I think I have it in me sometime, maybe I'll come back and hit the bottom of the reserve list again :c
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

a2mt2.ips
(391.09 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
I still don't like the goal area, but I didn't get any feed back or suggestions since last time, and I'm fresh out of ideas, so that's still the same; I'm pretty much at my limit skill-wise, so that level fitting custom boss that I was told to add ages back isn't going to happen unless someone feels like volunteering.
Kevinskie555

Post by Kevinskie555 »

My level is now done, the boss is the only thing left now ^^ (And also, I need to pick some fitting music and polish the ice part GFX :P) Here's a picture of the ''Cutscene''
thwompsDestroyCastle.png
thwompsDestroyCastle.png (4.1 KiB) Viewed 5170 times
If anyone is interested in helping me with my boss, please contact me ;)
My hack:
Image ''creator''
Lookie! It's Goofy Bowser Junior
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

How come everyone feels like they need a boss. FoD, stop telling people they need a boss.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
TheGuyWhoIsSitting

Post by TheGuyWhoIsSitting »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyidLd9knb8

There's a video showing what the concept of my level is. The level is split into two floors, the lower half which is the main factory and the upper half which contains catwalks among other above the workers construction. The upper level being inspired by Donkey Kong Country's "Winky's Walkway" I think the level is called. The Dragon Coins will be dispersed between the two floors, and there will be another area with an Easter Egg should you be able to actually find it... Though the secret room will just be in there for kicks, it serves no other purpose.

I know I haven't completed a whole lot, though the art is what's taking me so long and I just can't take art from another game and make it feel like it's my own creation. I'm well aware that I need to get this done and it having been over a year and still not being done is shameful. Especially when my level isn't really anything spectacular, a Vanilla level with Chocolate graphics.

I'm also kind of nervous as I have said previously because this is going to be my first complete level in Super Mario World and I want it to be good, so I'm trying to figure out how to design the level, though I think using custom graphics is kind of holding me back. I shall report in by the next deadline with hopefully more than just two or three screens of a "level"
LightSlei

Post by LightSlei »

Quick question.

Do the base rom images look odd to anyone else?

I mean, mine look mostly like a pale-ish gray. with parts of the original left.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

What baserom images?
ProfessorDemetri

lulz raocow. I think people just want something to wrap up their level and the first thought is that of a boss or mini boss. Tis all.

Light: Wat? Mind giving us an example? lol :ugeek:
flareblade26

Post by flareblade26 »

flareblade26 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQoOyA4262A

BTW I know about the wrong corner tile Demo was spazzing out on at the end.
Anyone?

Incase anyone couldnt tell, I wanna be co- A2MT gfx guy.
Isocitration

Post by Isocitration »

flareblade, your level seems pretty good for a start, design-wise, and the parrot coins look somewhat tricky to get, which is also good.

My only real complaint is how empty the level feels right now. I think if you added a couple more enemy sprites in there to fill up space and provide obstacles for the player, it would definitely improve things a bit! But that's just me.
raocow wrote:you are dommed iso.
ProfessorDemetri

flare:
Yeah, it's a nice start, it just seems really barren to me.. can you maybe add some decorations to it? Or maybe some variation to the cave pieces? Like maybe two different palettes for the cave FG? I dunno... Maybe add some coins for sparkle?
Kevinskie555

Post by Kevinskie555 »

raocow wrote:How come everyone feels like they need a boss. FoD, stop telling people they need a boss.
Because my level is a castle level ;P
My hack:
Image ''creator''
Lookie! It's Goofy Bowser Junior
GanonTEK
Evil King
Location: Ireland. The Emerald Isle. (We got no emeralds though)

Post by GanonTEK »

Hi,

Sorry it took me so long.
Made some changes.
Fixed the one way blocks at the start. They both did the same thing.
Fixed the text boxes, the text vanished but it's good now.
Removed the candles in the 2nd half of the level and edited the background
to remove the candlesticks themselves or it would look bad.
Removed some teleporters and moved others to nicer spots.
Fixed wrong sprite for bullet launcher and put in different ones.
Tweaked a few things in a magikoopa room.
Have no idea why the bubbly bit of the inverted lava is acting like water in the boss room.
I've tried changing a few things but I can't see why. Any ideas on that are appreciated.
For Music, I'm happy with Castle Theme 1 in the music thread there.
Don't know what I have to do with that exactly.
For the mini boss room I don't mind really. The normal default tune is grand
but if it had to be custom that Final Boss (From Nikujin) sounds cool.

Ok, let me know how it is. thanks :)

p.s. I've put the starting point at the start of the 2nd room just because there is very little changed in the first room. Basically, the one way platforms work correctly.
Attachments
A2MT127-Jun23rd2011.zip
(454.57 KiB) Downloaded 71 times