Base ROM Inclusions

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
raekuul
D&C 112:13
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Base ROM Inclusions

Post by raekuul »

So in other words, 127 is broken until further notice.

Where is it on the map?
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

raekuul wrote:Where is it on the map?
Open the overworld editor in lunar magic and press F1 to see all the level numbers.
PS: it's here:
level127isherelevel11Aisontheleft.png
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
muuma

Post by muuma »

Hey guys, long time no see...today, raocow said in his video there was a stuff with a PM involved for those who made a level, well, I didn't see anything but that's not the problem: I wanted to see how the game was going and I saw the baserom 2.3 (the last I played was the 2.0), so i just played my level to see if everything was ok, because some people here seems to have glitches and all, well, my level has one: in level 169 (my level actually), the song I made (in slot 51) sounds...staggered, I think some channels just got staggered after a while, they work together but after 10 seconds, some channels "jump" and the song becomes akward after a moment, this is the only glitch I found in my level. I assume it comes from the .txt file I asked limepie to insert back then, but this one definitely works for me when I test it, I would like to handle this but I don't have time for this before the next two weeks, so can you guys first see if in your A2MT the song 51 goes fine in level 169? If not, i'll just give you my .txt file with the song here, if one of you is a "musical", you might see what's wrong, I'm not very good with this kind of music.
Also, in LM, the parrot coins appear like this:

But they are fine in the game.

Thanks in advance!
I see what you did there...
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Yeah, that's how the parrot coins should appear. They are custom extended objects.

By the way, systemkrash you know how to do the custom parrot coins and chest, right?
shdwdrgnix

Post by shdwdrgnix »

In that case my level (9) would need to have the actual parrot coins instead of the original yoshi coins.
SyStemkraSh5642

Post by SyStemkraSh5642 »

@limepie20:
Yes I do, since I've made a level for this.
@ shdwdrgnix:
I'll put that on my to-do list.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

SyStemkraSh5642 wrote:@limepie20:
Yes I do, since I've made a level for this.
Oh, haha, sorry. I just wanted to make sure, though.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Did 2.3 break the MMP? Because it works on my 2.2 folder of the level, but I just can't get it to work on 2.3, no matter how many times I check the DATA table and xkas patch it.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Oh wait, it may have. I tried inserting a second midpoint for one of the levels but it never was working. I'll go see what I can do.
SyStemkraSh5642

Want to get this out of the way.
A2MT 2.4

+ = good, - = bad
+ Level 11A has been fixed
+ Level 13A's ExGFX has been fixed
+ Level 008 (Land of Illusions) has been inserted
+ Level 004 (The Great Pit) has been inserted
+ Level 002 (Into the Sky Castle!) has been inserted
+ Level 10F (I need a P!) has been re-inserted
+ Level 110 (Painting the Treehouse!) has been inserted
+ Level 127's key blocks now work
+ Wiki has been updated
+ Samples inserted for Level 115 (Dancing with shells)
- Need ExGFX170 for level 11A
- Parrot Coins have glitched graphics when collected in Level 002
- Level 11F (Tangled Grounds) has broken goal music, crashing the game.
- Level 138 (LBS) may have glitched graphics?

TO DO:
- Fix level 125's glitched custom block graphics
- Check chests in all levels
- Multiple Midpoints for level 008 at CE
- Put "cake" in chest of 130
- Put "Golden P-Switch" in chest of 10F
- Put "cucco" in chest of 127
- Put "AUS-related object" in chest of 110
- Put "Mario's Hat" in chest of 004

It's not much, but it's progress.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Does that fix the Multiple Midpoint Patch? If not, I'll just wait until 2.5.
SyStemkraSh5642

Ometeotl wrote:Does that fix the Multiple Midpoint Patch? If not, I'll just wait until 2.5.
I didn't really hear anything about this until recently, so I'm sorry it doesn't.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

SyStemkraSh5642 wrote:
- Level 11F (Tangled Grounds) has broken goal music, crashing the game.

Did you check my theory that it uses the 'other' endgoal music, and that should be changed too? Or somethign? I didn't hear any answers last time I asked.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

wow, so Franky's level is a sky castle too?
I guess I'm gonna put it together with the other two sky castle levels
(is that like a common theme for smw levels or something?)
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

No, it's pretty surprising in a sense. The way this is going it's like one submap could just be a big ol' 'sky castle'.
SyStemkraSh5642

raocow wrote:Did you check my theory that it uses the 'other' endgoal music, and that should be changed too? Or somethign? I didn't hear any answers last time I asked.
Sorry about that. The end goal of 11F is a normal goal point and not a goal sphere.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Paralars wrote:wow, so Franky's level is a sky castle too?
I guess I'm gonna put it together with the other two sky castle levels
(is that like a common theme for smw levels or something?)
raocow wrote:No, it's pretty surprising in a sense. The way this is going it's like one submap could just be a big ol' 'sky castle'.
We could do something like this but I'm not sure it would be a good idea to have three sky castles right next to each other? I mean it could get annoying playing that much sky castle. I could be completely wrong but I'm just throwin' that out there.
raocow

Post by raocow »

Another option is to have a sky castle at the end of each 'path' before the switch palace (assuming they are all 'outer ring' difficulty?). We'd just have to make a fourth one.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Eh.. I didn't really like one of the sky castles that much. It's too cheery for me, and it's also very annoying in my opinion. Sky castle west is fine though, but the other.. :?
LimePie is right though. Also I don't think all 3 of them are the same difficulty, so I doubt they should all be placed in the same world. You could take one and make a path to it from a normal world. Like a vine that would go up to the level. But a cloud instead? I think it would be a good idea to spread them out depending on how hard they are. I was aiming for atleast world 6 or 7 difficulty for my level, though playing some of the other levels I don't think mine is as hard as I thought it would be.

I'm also a bit biased here since I've been re-watching raocows LP of SMWCP and my difficulty meter is probably broken due to that lol
raocow

Post by raocow »

SyStemkraSh5642 wrote:
raocow wrote:Did you check my theory that it uses the 'other' endgoal music, and that should be changed too? Or somethign? I didn't hear any answers last time I asked.
Sorry about that. The end goal of 11F is a normal goal point and not a goal sphere.
In that case, the simplest solution is to replace the current endgoal with a pipe that leads to a 'endscreen' that is entirely devoid of ASM. You know, like those tiny screen areas that do exist in the original smw.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

darn you Franky, that was my first level I ever made, how can you possibly not like it :lol:
SyStemkraSh5642

raocow wrote:In that case, the simplest solution is to replace the current endgoal with a pipe that leads to a 'endscreen' that is entirely devoid of ASM. You know, like those tiny screen areas that do exist in the original smw.
I doubted ASM was the problem because the level was pretty much vanilla entirely.
So I tried experimenting with the level; I thought that the song was the problem. On my first run I left the same song (8A - Trolololo Song) in the game and cleared the level, which made the goal music not play and make the game crash.
When I switched the song from 8A to 87 (Yoshi's Island - Before Boss) and cleared the level, the goal music played and the game didn't crash.
I guess the next step is to find a guy who knows how to fix music?

EDIT: Also in the same level, passable dirt tiles now allow sprites to stand on them, but not Mario. I've seen this problem before but I've never found out how to fix it.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Send the .txt of the broken song to Wyatt. He should be able to fix it.
raocow

Post by raocow »

For the 'enemies are running on the dirt' thing, it's because the wrong 'dirt' tile was used (I'm not sure how this is fixed though, other than using other dirt)
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Oh, I think the wrong dirt tile is 1F0 or some arbitrary number. Whatever it is, it all needs to be changed to act like 25.